Radical Atheism.

Bryn Mawr

Radical Atheism.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mickiel;1345428 wrote: Well I never said it was racial, I said I would like to know " If" it is. One could assume on the surface it may seem that way, but I really don't know. I am just curious, it maynot be a thing one can easily guage. The Black Panthers membership was 100% black, but they garnered white support, and mabye later, members, I don't know that either.

So I don't know Brian. And I don't know the original stats, not yet, I am still researching, if I find out, I'll let you know.

Peace.

Mickiel;1345323 wrote: Anyhow the Rally of Atheist is suffering a serious blow because of its racial demographics , many are comparing its radicalness to its " Male Whiteness". Sadly the racial issue may ring louder than the message of the group.

???
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1345432 wrote: ???

By Racial demographics, I meant the racial make up of the group. Predominantly male whites.

Peace.

Peace.
Bryn Mawr

Radical Atheism.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mickiel;1345437 wrote: By Racial demographics, I meant the racial make up of the group. Predominantly male whites.

Peace.

Peace.

Which we have just established match the racial demographics of the target group - no racial bias evident. That is exactly what you're implying exists.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1345439 wrote: Which we have just established match the racial demographics of the target group - no racial bias evident. That is exactly what you're implying exists.

No, you established that its just demographics, not me, I am still looking into why the racial make up is as it is. It is of more intrest to me why 73% of Atheist are white males, and I am curious what it is about white males that attracts them to Atheism. Not that I look to single this out, its already singled out. What about the white male physcology draws them to this way of thought? I have my opinions, but they are speculation.

Peace.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

What is the white male stigma in Atheism, and why? Some have stated that white males are more educated, is Atheism then a matter of educated reason? Or does it bring with it a connotation of " Superior intellect", is it then superior to deny the existence of God? Or is it a matter of " Foolishness", who is more apt and daring to be foolish enough to stand against Gods history?

And I want to go into these suggestions in detail.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel;1345495 wrote: What is the white male stigma in Atheism, and why? Some have stated that white males are more educated, is Atheism then a matter of educated reason? Or does it bring with it a connotation of " Superior intellect", is it then superior to deny the existence of God? Or is it a matter of " Foolishness", who is more apt and daring to be foolish enough to stand against Gods history?

And I want to go into these suggestions in detail.

Peace.

Mickiel-----------you are going off in the wrong direction---superior intellect has nothing to do with it. It's no mystery that primitive tribal groups of all races have not had EXPOSURE to thoughts, ideas, experiences outside of their very limited group and therefore seek explanation of things like birth, death, lightning, wind, rain, earth quakes etc. In seeking explanations it becomes very convenient to incorporate gods or a god as the cause of these events. Unfortunately this has evolved into acceptance by less primitive groups because it is the path of least resistance, after all, logic and reasoning require effort. What do you think causes a child as they grow older, to no longer believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa, Tooth Fairy etc. Now having said that, let me add that the world's list of famous atheist does include many of Superior Intellect. I would have to say Educated Reasoning/Logic is more the instrument of atheism.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345500 wrote: Mickiel-----------you are going off in the wrong direction.

Well in your view its the wrong direction, but this exegesis is not being conducted according to your view. I am going in " All" directions with it, but will focus on the most radical ones. This is why I entitled the thread " Radical Atheism".

Peace.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lets examine the premise of " I am a white male, thus my thoughts are superior" shadow that is often cast on Atheism, because its certainly radical. Usually when a particular race and gender is overwhelmingly attracted to something, there are definte reasons for that. Atheism is 74% white males , a stunning stat. White males have traditionally carried with them this arua of superiority, in education, in warfare, in science and technology. Very easy then for many of them to suggest that it was then " God ordained superiority", which many KKK supporters believe anyway. Yet Atheist do not believe in gods, so I think if any white males in Atheism have a superiority complex, where does it come from?

Well I think it comes from history, for those who have one. And I want to continue on that.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel--------------Do you consider what you call "Radical Atheism" to be any kind of threat? If so. Why and to whom?
Bryn Mawr

Radical Atheism.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mickiel;1345442 wrote: No, you established that its just demographics, not me, I am still looking into why the racial make up is as it is. It is of more intrest to me why 73% of Atheist are white males, and I am curious what it is about white males that attracts them to Atheism. Not that I look to single this out, its already singled out. What about the white male physcology draws them to this way of thought? I have my opinions, but they are speculation.

Peace.

Whilst you are looking, it would make sense to stop claiming it to be anything other - until and unless you can show that it is.

To carry on blithely ignoring the facts presented just undermines the case you are trying to make.

Given that 73% of your target group come from 74% of the population as a whole, the simple answer to your question is "nothing", it's just demographics.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345503 wrote: Mickiel--------------Do you consider what you call "Radical Atheism" to be any kind of threat? If so. Why and to whom?

I do not consider radical Atheism a threat.

Peace.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1345504 wrote: Whilst you are looking, it would make sense to stop claiming it to be anything other - until and unless you can show that it is.

I have made no claims that are not facts, and when I speculate, I say so. This is an examination, and I am going to go into it from various angles.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

I haven't gone through this list of people to determine the percentage of male/female/ethnicity, but it appears to be pretty diversified.

Celebrity Atheist List
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345510 wrote: I haven't gone through this list of people to determine the percentage of male/female/ethnicity, but it appears to be pretty diversified.

Celebrity Atheist List

Well I looked at it, the percentage seems to be the same, about 74% white males is pretty accurate. Although the celebrity list had no blacks , it had a few women, still predominantly white males.

I was a little surprised to see Bruce Lee on it.

Peace.
gmc

Radical Atheism.

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1345504 wrote: Whilst you are looking, it would make sense to stop claiming it to be anything other - until and unless you can show that it is.

To carry on blithely ignoring the facts presented just undermines the case you are trying to make.

Given that 73% of your target group come from 74% of the population as a whole, the simple answer to your question is "nothing", it's just demographics.

Being able to quote statistics does not mean you can interpret them. For instance, statistically speaking, it is an inconrovertible fact that the average white male in america has less than two legs. This could be the reason black african american athletes are better runners.
Bryn Mawr

Radical Atheism.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1345517 wrote: Being able to quote statistics does not mean you can interpret them. For instance, statistically speaking, it is an inconrovertible fact that the average white male in america has less than two legs. This could be the reason black african american athletes are better runners.

My problem is not with interpreting the stats but in finding the source of the stat quoted - it certainly does not appear to be on the page referenced.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel;1345515 wrote: Well I looked at it, the percentage seems to be the same, about 74% white males is pretty accurate. Although the celebrity list had no blacks , it had a few women, still predominantly white males.

I was a little surprised to see Bruce Lee on it.

Peace.

I think the reason that there are not more women atheists on the list or elsewhere is for the same reason there are no (or very few) female World Class Chess Champions.

With Blacks-----------I think it's purely a social acceptance thing---I suspect that within the Black community social acceptance is gained by embracing existing spiritual organization, much as within the White community only more so.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345524 wrote: I think the reason that there are not more women atheists on the list or elsewhere is for the same reason there are no (or very few) female World Class Chess Champions.

With Blacks-----------I think it's purely a social acceptance thing---I suspect that within the Black community social acceptance is gained by embracing existing spiritual organization, much as within the White community only more so.

Well I certainly agree with you there, good observations. Thats why this topic intrest me, there are so many existing dynamics in this; Culture, tradition, ability, education, to some degree differing types of predujices on differing levels, gender, and the list goes on. In example; Education seems to be growing toward a predominant number of teachers being female, why is that? A predominant number of the American workforce is heading toward mostly female, why is that?

These stats have meaning behind them, perhaps in some cases, meanings that some willnot be comfortable with.

Peace.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

I read an interesting article written by an Asian Atheist at guardian.co.uk called the " Accidential exclusion of non-white Atheist." He feels that the leading popular Atheist should do more to include non white Atheist in the media circle and public meetings. Atheism needs to break more barriers that non belief, they need to break racial and gender barriers amoung themselves.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel;1345532 wrote: I r Atheism needs to break more barriers that non belief, they need to break racial and gender barriers amoung themselves.

Peace.

Why-----to what end or purpose----do you think atheists are exclusionary and discriminate? I suspect that the vast majority of atheists would be considered LIBERAL and non exclusive or discriminatory. What say you?
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345555 wrote: Why-----to what end or purpose----do you think atheists are exclusionary and discriminate? I suspect that the vast majority of atheists would be considered LIBERAL and non exclusive or discriminatory. What say you?

I don't think they discriminate, its not up to Atheist, who will become an Atheist, its not a club that can reject members. I think its up to God who becomes one, I am just puzzled over why he elected so many white males to fill his quota. But placing my beliefs aside,those who are already Atheist cannot control whoelse becomes one. So in that sense, I would say they are not discriminating.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel;1345556 wrote: I don't think they discriminate, its not up to Atheist, who will become an Atheist, its not a club that can reject members. I think its up to God who becomes one, I am just puzzled over why he elected so many white males to fill his quota. But placing my beliefs aside,those who are already Atheist cannot control whoelse becomes one. So in that sense, I would say they are not discriminating.

Peace.

You actually believe that your god had a quota to fill in determining who and how many are atheists? Interesting. Does he in your opinion determine who and how many will be rapists, thieves, murderers?
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345559 wrote: You actually believe that your god had a quota to fill in determining who and how many are atheists? Interesting. Does he in your opinion determine who and how many will be rapists, thieves, murderers?

I believe so, yes.

Peace.
gmc

Radical Atheism.

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1345562 wrote: I believe so, yes.

Peace.

So you believe they have no free will in the matter? In which case are they also not to blame in any way for what they have done? What abou honosexuality, is that also ordained by god and therefore not a sin.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1345564 wrote: So you believe they have no free will in the matter? In which case are they also not to blame in any way for what they have done? What abou honosexuality, is that also ordained by god and therefore not a sin.

I do not believe in free will. It is impossible for a man to think freely without being influenced by outside forces. And I believe God preordained that homosexuals be homosexuals, the ones that were born that way. Those who became one on their own late in life, well thats a different story.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel;1345562 wrote: I believe so, yes.

Peace.

That being the case you must therefore believe that it was god's will that put people like Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, et al in power. What do you think his purpose was?
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

Mickiel;1345596 wrote: I do not believe in free will. It is impossible for a man to think freely without being influenced by outside forces. And I believe God preordained that homosexuals be homosexuals, the ones that were born that way. Those who became one on their own late in life, well thats a different story.

Peace.

An infant will instinctively seek the breast, man will instinctively seek food and water, all without being influenced by outside forces.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345608 wrote: That being the case you must therefore believe that it was god's will that put people like Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, et al in power. What do you think his purpose was?

Various reasons only he knows, but some things we can know. God had no oppisition, there was none before he created humanity. He wanted that oppisition to him to exist, its part of his creative plans for humanity. Thats why Atheism exist. It all is part of the knowledge of good and evil, and the result of the mixture of the two. Thats the environment God wanted to exist on earth. He wanted us " Raised in it."

Somehow, in the end, its going to benefit us all. How, I just don't know. God puts ALL the earths rulers in power.

Peace.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345609 wrote: An infant will instinctively seek the breast, man will instinctively seek food and water, all without being influenced by outside forces.

I disagree, the breast , food and water were all outside infulences themselves.

Peace.
Lon

Radical Atheism.

Post by Lon »

I have enjoyed our discussion Mickiel and feel that I have gone as far as I can with it. You are a wonderful example of what faith can do.

Peace be unto you
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Lon;1345613 wrote: I have enjoyed our discussion Mickiel and feel that I have gone as far as I can with it. You are a wonderful example of what faith can do.

Peace be unto you

Peace to you as well.
gmc

Radical Atheism.

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1345596 wrote: I do not believe in free will. It is impossible for a man to think freely without being influenced by outside forces. And I believe God preordained that homosexuals be homosexuals, the ones that were born that way. Those who became one on their own late in life, well thats a different story.

Peace.

In what way? they either have free will or tghey do not. If you do not believe in free will then they have no choice in the matter.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1345616 wrote: In what way? they either have free will or tghey do not. If you do not believe in free will then they have no choice in the matter.

There are certain things God ordains that no one has a choice in. I will list those;

Life. We were given life by God, and had no choice in it.

Gender. We were given our sexual gender and had no choice in the matter. And in many cases, homosexuals who were born that way, had absolutely no choice in the matter. Those who became one on their own in their adult life, they had a choice.

Culture. We had no choice in the matter.

Belief and unbelief, it varys, some of us had a choice, others that God wanted in a certain catagory, simply had no choice.

I.Q. We had no choice in the matter. Some were born with higher and lower IQ's than others.

Physical ability. Some had no choice in the matter.

I could list more, but I think you can get the drift of my reasoning.

Peace.
gmc

Radical Atheism.

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1345627 wrote: There are certain things God ordains that no one has a choice in. I will list those;

Life. We were given life by God, and had no choice in it.

Gender. We were given our sexual gender and had no choice in the matter. And in many cases, homosexuals who were born that way, had absolutely no choice in the matter. Those who became one on their own in their adult life, they had a choice.

Culture. We had no choice in the matter.

Belief and unbelief, it varys, some of us had a choice, others that God wanted in a certain catagory, simply had no choice.

I.Q. We had no choice in the matter. Some were born with higher and lower IQ's than others.

Physical ability. Some had no choice in the matter.

I could list more, but I think you can get the drift of my reasoning.

Peace.

Not really. You say those who become homosexual later in life have made a choice. Perhaps it took them till later in life to realise they have been going against their nature. Given the level of hostility in society, particularly religious society many will learn to conceal their instincts in self preservation.

I do not believe in free will. It is impossible for a man to think freely without being influenced by outside forces. And I believe God preordained that homosexuals be homosexuals, the ones that were born that way. Those who became one on their own late in life, well thats a different story.

To defend themselves against prejudice.

You have a very depressing view of life.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1345660 wrote: Not really. You say those who become homosexual later in life have made a choice. Perhaps it took them till later in life to realise they have been going against their nature. Given the level of hostility in society, particularly religious society many will learn to conceal their instincts in self preservation.

To defend themselves against prejudice.

You have a very depressing view of life.

Well if it took them a little bit later and they were born that way, they had no choice. You may feel my view of life is depressing, but me, and hundreds of others do not.

Peace.
gmc

Radical Atheism.

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1345683 wrote: Well if it took them a little bit later and they were born that way, they had no choice. You may feel my view of life is depressing, but me, and hundreds of others do not.

Peace.

But yes your view of life seems to me to be pointless and rather depressing. I would expand on that but I am content and pleased for you that it makes your life fuller and that is enough. So long as you are happy with it good luck to you.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1345710 wrote: But yes your view of life seems to me to be pointless and rather depressing. I would expand on that but I am content and pleased for you that it makes your life fuller and that is enough. So long as you are happy with it good luck to you.

Well thank you, good fortune to you as well/

Peace.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

On occassion we see a radical Theist or a radical Atheist; both are extreme and both are somewhat arrogant. Very strong willed and minded, often insulting and just common cases of humanity gone wild in their ways of being. Perhaps not violent in deed, but certainly in words. Their expression is morbid and rank; dessolate and empty of compassion; stubborn and frankenstien frank in conversation. Wells without water, the bible calls both;

but this Radical Atheist is of concern; snice we have one who has come to visit, I thought I would revisit this dialog.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Nothing makes Theism or Atheism look so bad, than its radical wing does; and both groups have it. Why? Well because both groups are human, and the radicalism is human, not groupies. I tried to show a few Atheist this about Catholic reaction to their pedaphiles; the problem is not a religious problem, which they try to smoke screen it as that, its a human problem; there are Atheist pedaphiles as well. Of course certain Atheist may cry :" No there are not", just like some Muslims try to claim there are no homosexuals in Islam; they don't know what their talking about; its a HUMAN problem!

Its NOT a religious problem; not an Theist or Atheist problem, the nature is human; period! And encompasses all of humanity.

But the radical wing of humanity is dangerous; dangerous in its views and thoughts.

And the radical Atheist is just as dangerous.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Radical Atheism is an Atheism that will change and move toward the darkness, because it feels more like light to them. Same thing with radical Theism. I keep saying these are two sides of the same coin. That keeps getting ignored. Its the same nature, just each primed to go in oppisite directions.

That's WHY you see things different than another human being does, your NOT primed as they are!

A different fuel is being pumped into your tank.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

A walk on the extreme side; this is what radical Atheism is; a total denial of God, the very author of life. It can get no more extreme than that.

Why does a God even enlist radicalism?

Well its all about " Knowledge." God wanted us to know about something that he knows about. Now then Genesis 3:22, " Then the Lord God SAID,( so this is God himself talking), Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil;"

in other words, knowing about BOTH sides of the COIN!

Remember this as we walk into this darkside.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Atheism comes from the garden of Eden, it was born there, it was NOT created by humans. That is just deception, no Atheist started Atheism. They just adopted the thought, and that is exactly how Theism started, humans adopted the thought that was planted in them to think; its what we know as " influence." Which is why I do not believe in free will, but only limited will.

Exaggerated Atheism started with human emotion that was mixed with spirit influence; and when those two mix, it can be powerful. This is where radical Atheism came from.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

The radical Atheist;

the fighter

the speaker with nerve

the anger

The one who wants anything about God snuffed out, and banned. The one who hates;

the one who will assasinate your characther

the bull

the nerve center of the rebellion.

the one in the open who does not want to hide.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Atheism has no destiny; its destined to be snuffed out and discontinued. NOT the Atheist themselves, they are destined to be with God, just as Theist are, but the pathology of Atheism is doomed to go into the nothing many of them believe in. The pretense of Atheism is destined to simply vanish.

Its a lost cause.

So the radical Atheist, is similar to the destiny of evil itself, that is a lost cause and it will be discontinued by God. God is only tolerating certain things, for certain reasons, for so long, then they will be no more. Atheism is not evil itself, it just has the same exact destiny as evil.

Things exist, in support of God's plans, even negative things. But God will not give all things eternity.
Bryn Mawr

Radical Atheism.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mickiel;1446303 wrote: Atheism has no destiny; its destined to be snuffed out and discontinued. NOT the Atheist themselves, they are destined to be with God, just as Theist are, but the pathology of Atheism is doomed to go into the nothing many of them believe in. The pretense of Atheism is destined to simply vanish.

Its a lost cause.

So the radical Atheist, is similar to the destiny of evil itself, that is a lost cause and it will be discontinued by God. God is only tolerating certain things, for certain reasons, for so long, then they will be no more. Atheism is not evil itself, it just has the same exact destiny as evil.

Things exist, in support of God's plans, even negative things. But God will not give all things eternity.

So you don't follow the exclusive doctrine then - John 14:6 "No one comes to the Father except through me."

By rejecting God, never mind rejecting Jesus, surely Christianity is saying here that the Athiest will not be with God.
Mickiel

Radical Atheism.

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1446846 wrote: So you don't follow the exclusive doctrine then - John 14:6 "No one comes to the Father except through me."

By rejecting God, never mind rejecting Jesus, surely Christianity is saying here that the Athiest will not be with God.

Oh I believe that all humans will come to God through Jesus, and he will draw all humans to him; I believe the doctrine of John 6:44, where God will move to turn the human consciousness to him; something humans simply cannot do on their own; it will be a God movement, not a human human movement; so I totally disagree with religion there. And how they view scripture. God will open the entire human world of consciousness at the same time, and that will be " The Drawing." The Atheist will be drawn along with everyonelse. Christianity does not control salvation; God does. And Atheist and Theist are his children.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”