EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THIS - and make up their own minds what it's all about.

Violet

Post by Violet »

Violet;1345489 wrote: Where did 10,480 inactive members go?

* Namaste *

Nobody wants to say where they went?

* Namaste *
spot

Post by spot »

Violet;1345540 wrote: Nobody wants to say where they went?

* Namaste *

I think it's more likely that nobody has a clue what you're talking about.

What are you talking about?

More to the point, where are you getting your figure from? Personal memory? A Ouija board?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

spot;1345544 wrote: I think it's more likely that nobody has a clue what you're talking about.

What are you talking about?

More to the point, where are you getting your figure from? Personal memory? A Ouija board?

Nondual wisdom from the perspective of yoga, maybe a little meditation thrown in for good measure and help from her magic 8 ball.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Where

did

inactive

members

go?

* Namaste! *
spot

Post by spot »

It didn't take long before a replacement for Odie showed up then.

The majority of registered usernames here have a postcount of zero. Two thirds of them, roughly. I'd not describe them as inactive members though they're definitely inactive accounts.

If you want a breakdown of the remaining third you've just as much access to the database as the rest of us, by all means go looking. The first step would be to plot "number of accounts with a post less than X months old" for each month since the site went live in 2004, for a variety of values of X. That might give you an insight into what "active" and "inactive" means in the context of this particular forum. At a guess there has never been a time when the number of Forumgarden posters has exceeded five hundred within any six month period. In the first month of the site, by definition, no account was inactive. The proportion of inactive to active accounts will tend, over time, to increase. Where did 10,480 inactive members go? The answer is that most of them registered and never posted. A significant proportion of the remainder posted spam on one day and were immediately locked out with the spam deleted, that being the site's policy regarding spammers in that it leaves the spamming username unavailable for re-use.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

Violet;1345489 wrote: [quote=uncredited]No wonder people are becoming disheartened about this siteWhere did 10,480 inactive members go?

* Namaste *
Additionally, the uncredited quote says more about the person who said it than it does about the site itself. Personally, I have found more heartening qualities in the site lately than I have in the previous year. It depends entirely upon what one is looking for. Some people want fluff and other people want honest, thought out opinions.

Return to “Kids Family”