Is God Real?

Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1530014 wrote: God does not visit earth now, neither does Jesus. That makes it very difficult to prove they exist, but they both know that. Their not stupid, if they wanted to know , they could easily do that. So I can rightly assume that they don't want the world to know they exist.

Is God. Hunch, a guess, an emotional feeling, an assumption, or a speculation? Well I think he has a way of communication that is difficult to explain. Other than outright speaking verbally to a human, he uses his spirit, which can be a very strong desire, an obvious leading of the human, manipulation, blessings, dreams can be used: angels can be involved, supernatural things can occur.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1530141 wrote: Is God. Hunch, a guess, an emotional feeling, an assumption, or a speculation? Well I think he has a way of communication that is difficult to explain. Other than outright speaking verbally to a human, he uses his spirit, which can be a very strong desire, an obvious leading of the human, manipulation, blessings, dreams can be used: angels can be involved, supernatural things can occur.

Why is it that no one can disprove God?
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1530355 wrote: Why is it that no one can disprove God?

Being challenged to prove deserves an equal effort to prove God does not exist. I have given hundreds and hundreds of pages banging my support for God, with maybe 3 or 4 pages trying to show he does not exist. This is why I give little notice to it because it reminds me of a windbag puffing all up and looking big, but inside there is nothing there. And I have debated this for years.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

If God does not exist then neither do we.
xfrodobagginsx

Is God Real?

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Mickiel;1529054 wrote: I am 64 years old and God has only spoken to me once. I was into my fourth year of lung cancer and the VA said it had gone into stage 4 and it was nothing they could do , and gave me 6 weeks to live. Then they placed me into home care hospice. After 4 weeks of that hospice said I was about to pass and placed me into a nursing home to die. I was feeling kind of sad and sorry for myself and I asked God why he was taking my life.

For whatever reason God decided to respond, what he said was short and real, he said to me, "Your still alive aren't you". 2 months later the nursing home doctor told me he is going to test me because from his examinations I was not dying. He said in fact your health has steadily improved since you been here. He said he does not even think I had cancer. They tested me and I passed them all. So they put me out of the nursing home and hospice put me out of their program. The VA retested me with new mri's and cat scans and found nothing. That was a year ago. So I am still alive , and I think that was God's point. I was scared and listening to the doctors insisting that I am dying but God said your still alive, so I needed to realize why fear dying and I am yet still living? The time of my death will come, but when God says so. The whole experience tripped me out. I wish God would have spoken to me all my life, he has not. I wish when he did speak to me he would have said more, he did not.

Hey so it is what it is. God is not like people think he is. He does things like he wants. But I am glad to be alive and glad that God spoke 5 words to me. I mean that's better than nothing and he healed me of stage 4 lung cancer on top of that. So hey, I got no complaints.

Hi there Mickiel, This is a great story and I am so glad that the Lord decided to heal you and speak to you. I had an experience with the Lord where He spoke to me and it changed my life also. I would like to share it with you if you would like to hear it. Since the spoke to me the first time, there have been several other times that He spoke to me as well. I just want to say that I believe that He really did speak to you and He backed up the fact that He spoke to you by healing you of Stage 4 Lung Cancer. That's Amazing. I have health issues that I have been praying about and hoping for Him to heal me of, but right now, His purposes aren't allowing for me to be healed.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

xfrodobagginsx;1530781 wrote: Hi there Mickiel, This is a great story and I am so glad that the Lord decided to heal you and speak to you. I had an experience with the Lord where He spoke to me and it changed my life also. I would like to share it with you if you would like to hear it. Since the spoke to me the first time, there have been several other times that He spoke to me as well. I just want to say that I believe that He really did speak to you and He backed up the fact that He spoke to you by healing you of Stage 4 Lung Cancer. That's Amazing. I have health issues that I have been praying about and hoping for Him to heal me of, but right now, His purposes aren't allowing for me to be healed.

Yes I believe God heals, but we just don't know who, when or why.. I pray for your healing. Peace
xfrodobagginsx

Is God Real?

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Mickiel;1530861 wrote: Yes I believe God heals, but we just don't know who, when or why.. I pray for your healing. Peace

I wrote you a message in the other post. You must not have seen it, so I am going to copy and paste it here for you:

Hi there friend. I actually have been here since 2008. I have the thread "How To Get To Heaven When You Die" in the General Discussions forums.

I guess it took me a while to come to this section, but I did look through some of your discussions on here and the Christianity section.

Are you a Mod? What are your views on Christianity? You live in Warren, Michigan? Tell me about yourself and why you do this?
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

xfrodobagginsx;1530883 wrote: I wrote you a message in the other post. You must not have seen it, so I am going to copy and paste it here for you:

Hi there friend. I actually have been here since 2008. I have the thread "How To Get To Heaven When You Die" in the General Discussions forums.

I guess it took me a while to come to this section, but I did look through some of your discussions on here and the Christianity section.

Are you a Mod? What are your views on Christianity? You live in Warren, Michigan? Tell me about yourself and why you do this?

No I am not a Mod. And I dislike Christianity because I think they are defeatist when it comes to Salvation. In my view they are spoiled , arrogant and selfish. Holding to pagan influenced doctrines. I now live in Atlanta. And I do this because I got nothing 5o do
xfrodobagginsx

Is God Real?

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Mickiel;1530943 wrote: No I am not a Mod. And I dislike Christianity because I think they are defeatist when it comes to Salvation. In my view they are spoiled , arrogant and selfish. Holding to pagan influenced doctrines. I now live in Atlanta. And I do this because I got nothing 5o do

So then tell me about your beliefs.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

xfrodobagginsx;1530960 wrote: So then tell me about your beliefs.

I believe in universal Salvation, that all of humanity will live with God. That is the core of my belief the rest is too much to list.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

xfrodobagginsx;1530960 wrote: So then tell me about your beliefs.

I believe that something cannot bring itself into existence, since it must first already exist in order to bring itself into existence. So I think the most important belief is to believe that I have belief because I exist. And I could believe nothing if I did not exist. I believe that my consciousness is the greatest thing that I hold. I understand that we can only be conscious of , those things we are conscious of. I am conscious of God..

I believe God exist and I accept that I cannot explain why. But I enjoy trying to explain what cannot be explained. I like that about our consciousness , we are limited but we have unlimited imagination. I imagine that God has brought humanity into existence and is breeding humans until he gets his quota and then he will gather all of created humanity, both dead and alive and usher in a totally new age of existence for all of us.

I imagine that we were created to have life and live. That God will take a grip on death and kill it, that is the second death, so the second death is the death of the first death, and it will be no more. And I imagine that he will also eliminate all pain and sorrow and misery, and these things will be no more. I have seen my death and the time of it extended just in this life, and at times I find myself tired of living like this. I look at the world and all it has to offer and I can agree with Solomon that all is vanity..

So I find myself traveling through the bible and it's as if it is a book from outer space, full of awe and wonder. And knowing that even it has been tampered with by both God and man. I see nothing greater than the thought of God in this life, and I speak only for myself. I have to catch myself at times because I allow my consciousness to view life as a waste of time. I long to meet God and for us to be living in his plans for human life to evolve beyond our wildest dreams. To stand there and actually see Jesus in all his reality.

Anyhow I am married to my consciousness and my beliefs have , well let me say they have made a dramatic turn and have gone in a direction that often frightens me. I think out there, somewhere out there exist a super being that has a good heart and loves us all and will see to us.
Saint_

Is God Real?

Post by Saint_ »

Mickiel;1531200 wrote: I believe that something cannot bring itself into existence, since it must first already exist in order to bring itself into existence..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad

Why are we here ?

To become intelligent. The single greatest survival trait is intelligence, It is better and more powerful than any other trait such as fangs or speed. Therefore, where ever life begins, it will evolve towards intelligence eventually. Therefore the reason for the Universe is to create intelligence. The real question is why does the Creator want life to be intelligent?

Quote:

On Earth that is. Is there a reason ?

Yes. Earth lies in the "life belt". In our orbit, we are not too close to the Sun or too far away. It's not too hot or cold to sustain carbon-based life here. The early self-replicating molecules found that they could sustain reproduction here. The more complex the form, the better it's chance for survival. Therefore life evolved into humans.

Quote:

Is it a fluke ?

No...The speed of light is 6.0 X 10^6 mph., the acceleration of gravity is 32 ft.^2, and the distance around a circle (or your atom or a planet, or a galaxy) divided by the distance across it is 3.1415926... These constants are set and have been set since creation. Change just one number by one digit and the entire Universe would cease to exist. So, no. It's no fluke, there is a plan to the Universe.

Quote:

If God exists, why are we on this tiny blue planet

suspended in a vast and seemingly endless void of harsh

uninhabitable cosmos ?

Now you are asking the right question. Why does life exist at all? Since it's obvious that life exists to create intelligence, then the real question is "Why does life need to be intelligent?" No one has this answer, although I have a suspicion. I suggest that since "God lives in the birds and the bees, the rocks and the trees," He experiences his creation through us. Most religious people would agree that an omniscient God would see, hear and experience everything an intelligent human does. Perhaps we are how God lives...He lives through us.

Quote:

Do we have a unified purpose ?

Once, long, long ago, you and I and everyone else were in the center of a star. That is the only place where heavy atoms like carbon and iron can be made. That star blew up and the dust cloud it made eventually condensed into this solar system. From those very atoms, your mother's body broke down the food molecules that she ate and made your body. That seems pretty unifying to me, but it's still just a unified history, not a purpose.

Quote:

An individual purpose ?

Absolutely. Like the threads in a great tapestry, you and I cannot know our actual purpose or the repercussions of everything we do each day. But the beauty of the mathematics of creation suggests that there is a very clear purpose.

Let me put it this way. When you throw a stone into the water, you make ripples. When hundreds of stones are thrown, the ripples cross and re-cross making fantastic patterns. These patterns are just like our lives. You help a little old lady across the street today. Because of that, she doesn't get hit by a car. She now has a child. That child grows up to invent a cure for cancer. Without your individual purpose of helping her across the street, her son could never realize his individual purpose of inventing a cancer cure.

Quote:

Is this a test ?

Most likely, yes. If you subscribe to the theory that there is a purpose to the universe, then there is a purpose to every part of the universe, including you. If you do not fulfill your purpose, you fail the test.

Quote:

How are we doing ?

Well, if you have faith, you'll know every detail. Exactly which lives you affected, how much, and when. Every nuance of the millions of decisions that you made throughout your lifespan will be made clear to you....

when you die.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

With all the power in the universe I wonder why it is not in chaos competition with each other and leaving the earth alone. So there is some sense of order and networking as these powerful objects spiral and we see containment instead of competition. I mean which planet could defeat the sun? What keeps black holes and quasars from going supernova and eating away at life in the cosmos. I have been to a tailor and gotten fitted for a suit, who fitted the earth for humanity?

Why is there so much knowledge? Atheist Theist can exist without catching a virus from each other. Male is not versus female to coexist. Professionals can exist with amateurs , science can do it's thing without religion being counterproductive to it. Why has humanity survived without becoming space ghost?

You can have your view, and I can have mine. You can believe that you evolved from apes and I can believe that I am not continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless monkeys. And hey, so be it.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

I can separate my beliefs to be a cause for me to judge another for not having the same. Human consciousness is not a rental agency based on anyone's prices. There are no restrictions on beliefs, and even if one chooses to have an empty mind, as far as that is possible, then so be it. It's your bed you sleep in it. I have come to see it just does not really matter. Just as the past had its day, the present is having it's day and tomorrow will have its day. You can think we live by the luck of self existence, and I can believe all things have been predestined to bring all of humanity to evolve into entirely new beings in a never ending world tommorrow ruled by a God being.

I don't think God really cares what humans choose to believe, he has things set to go his way no matter what. Why do I think that? In Isaiah 40:17 it tells of a surprising thing about God," All nations before him are as nothing; they are counted by him as less than nothing and meaningless." A stunning side of God that took me years to get to. I mean I just could not get it. It became kind of simple, he knows he gets his way and all things will be just fine with him and us.

Just not today.
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

I ask myself from time to time , the question of ages: is God real? I been trying to answer that for over 51 years. I mean I have come up with self satisfying answers that suit my conscious belief, but nothing I could put on CNN or the World News that everyone could see and comprehend and easily accept to be true. One of the foundations of belief is something that you think is true. you could even stretch that to being something that you really want to be true. I both believe God exist, and I really desire that to be true. I am mostly personally satisfied, but I want the world to know it.

But that is not going to happen in this age.

And that often frustrates me, knowing something that others do not know, do not see and have no desire to see it. Its like, " Man if I could just get this inside their head , without ramming it down their throat." But the reality is we see what we are only conscious of. Oh we may see some things that we don't agree with and have a limited understanding as to why the other person sees it. Like homosexuality , for the life of me I just cannot see myself being one , but I have a little understanding of love, desires ,relationships and the extreme of it - lust! Like killing, I can't see myself doing it , but I understand war or killing in defense of a life. Or like playing the piano, I just cannot see how it is done , I can't do it , even though I have a desire to do it , I do not posses the talent to do it. And on and on I could go with this reasoning but you get the idea of it. I cannot for the life of my conscious ability understand why some people believe that all things created themselves , began its own life, planned its own existence and all the minute details involved just evolved over time into animals , insects, humans , planets, stars, galaxies , universe unlimited. It just totally baffles my consciousness and insults my intelligence , but its believed by millions of people.

I mean I just , well its like being asked by the teacher to come up and write your answer on the chalk board; you slowly go up there, already knowing that your the only one in class that has this view , you pick up the chalk , think a minute or two, and just put the chalk down , writing nothing , and just walk back to your seat. The teacher is wondering why you neglected the opportunity to express yourself , and asks you why?

And you tell him that was the 66th time he had been asked to do this , all 65 times I did it, gave my answers, and everyone just shook their heads in total disagreement. As if they were reading a language they could not understand. I was tired of it, frustrated and irritated. The teacher said, " I understand, but I just want to leave you with a thought , you will not be able to teach a class if one side of an issue your are on , cannot understand the other side no matter how long it takes for them to understand , or if they never understand." He said that's what its like to teach.

It made me consider how God teaches.
LarsMac

Is God Real?

Post by LarsMac »

With a whole Universe - Maybe several of those - to manage, I can't quite get to the point that God really concerns himself with ever single entity that exists.

However, what we may think of as God is likely that connection that each of us might have to the Universe.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1531253 wrote: With a whole Universe - Maybe several of those - to manage, I can't quite get to the point that God really concerns himself with ever single entity that exists.

However, what we may think of as God is likely that connection that each of us might have to the Universe.

Well I can't quite get to that myself, I think God has enough angels to see to things for him , and he does not have to manage every little thing. Because I imagine that the dimension God exist in now is even bigger than our known universe. And our universe is perhaps like a fish tank to him. Even in his dimension I am sure his angels run most of the business that would exist in paradise.

After all he is a God, and even human created fictional God's have servants. So I think God has some help. I can see The thought of God being a connection to the universe for some. He is much like the universe. Large and efficient. Mysterious and awe inspiring. Endless and seemingly unaffected much by physical time. Dangerous but reliable. Foreign and extraterrestrial. Strong and magnanimous. Wise and Alien. Older than time. Brilliant and super intelligent. Patient and loving. Kind and gentle. Merciful and full of grace. Firm and direct, not a waster of words.

Incredibly creative, dynamic designer, friendly and compassionate. Eternal and longsuffering. Meek and trustworthy. Reliable and uncanny. A good listener and enigmatic in all his ways. A family being. A lover of color, music, art, and intensely committed to the future evolution of all humanity.

I personally think it would be quite something to know him. Because he is great and I know him not.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”