Is God Real?

Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1517002 wrote: I am just saying that all these word games are kind of pointless, since almost everyone, yourself included, chooses their own set of facts, and definitions, and we must sort through the whole mess to get to the point.That may be true, however, when facts are present and agreement is made on a dictionary then that sorting becomes possible. Otherwise, an honest and fair agreement is less possible.

LarsMac;1517002 wrote: While you claim to worship fact an logic, you are as driven by your own perception as the rest of us.

I don't "worship" anything or anyone.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1516951 wrote: A down to earth view of looking at it. Makes sense to me.:yh_clap


Who the heck is Hansel and Gretel never heard of those people ....
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

sugarpuff;1517005 wrote: Who the heck is Hansel and Gretel never heard of those people ....How about Barbie and Ken?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Ahso!;1517007 wrote: How about Barbie and Ken?


Yea I could see your point ... God's a real doll.... LOL

Just curious .. didn't the Barbie come out in the fifties ....

I am pretty sure in the next century Barbie and ken won't even be discussed ...

I also don't believe it is a yearly topic in every ones house hold ..

Not too sure about you? .. I rather say God is real .. rather than a Barbie doll or some fairy tale ..

I really wish!!! if you are in dire straits!! please rely on a God not a Barbie doll ...
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: Yea I could see your point ... God's a real doll.... LOLCute!

sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: Just curious .. didn't the Barbie come out in the fifties ....Is that a question? Punctuation matters for communication purposes. Neglect of communications is often exhibited by fundies because they've spent too much time learning God-fairytales and less learning how to coexist. I have no idea when The Barbie Doll first contaminated civilization, nor do I care to know. I brought it up in order to try to help you relate.

sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: I am pretty sure in the next century Barbie and ken won't even be discussed ...And herein lies most of the problem. Fundies are pretty sure about everything they know nothing about. That usually also includes their own beliefs and religion. Remain engaged and we'll find out whether or not you're a fit for that. Run and we'll know too. Though in either case no one will really care much if at all.

sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: I also don't believe it is a yearly topic in every ones house hold ..I'd agree that it's not, but neither is God or religion or holy books.

sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: Not too sure about you? An odd place for a question mark, but okay, I'll play along. Yes, I am sure about me and my positions regarding the existence of any God. There isn't one.sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: ... I rather say God is real .. rather than a Barbie doll or some fairy tale ..They are actually equal in any real sense.

sugarpuff;1517036 wrote: I really wish!!!We're waiting for whatever it is you're wishingsugarpuff;1517036 wrote: if you are in dire straits!! please rely on a God not a Barbie doll ...I won't rely on either. I prefer reason and logic inasmuch as I am capable of grasping them. In those areas where I can't grasp them I resist relying on imagination or antiquated stories to assist me in interpreting life and the world. With all the access I have to information now since the internet, there's no reason to believe bs any longer. Thanks for caring.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Ahso!;1517038 wrote: Cute!

Is that a question? Punctuation matters for communication purposes. Neglect of communications is often exhibited by fundies because they've spent too much time learning God-fairytales and less learning how to coexist. I have no idea when The Barbie Doll first contaminated civilization, nor do I care to know. I brought it up in order to try to help you relate.

And herein lies most of the problem. Fundies are pretty sure about everything they know nothing about. That usually also includes their own beliefs and religion. Remain engaged and we'll find out whether or not you're a fit for that. Run and we'll know too. Though in either case no one will really care much if at all.

I'd agree that it's not, but neither is God or religion or holy books.

An odd place for a question mark, but okay, I'll play along. Yes, I am sure about me and my positions regarding the existence of any God. There isn't one.They are actually equal in any real sense.

We're waiting for whatever it is you're wishingI won't rely on either. I prefer reason and logic inasmuch as I am capable of grasping them. In those areas where I can't grasp them I resist relying on imagination or antiquated stories to assist me in interpreting life and the world. With all the access I have to information now since the internet, there's no reason to believe bs any longer. Thanks for caring.


Sorry I could but I won't rebuttal any of your comments because I am a good catholic girl ...

I was taught to turn the other cheek ..lol

Oh I have something for you ...

Fundies Canada is a website specifically for fun men's underwear. They have a great coupon code right now for 35% off all Joe Snyder trunks, boxers, and...
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

Good Catholic girls don't engage in religious discussions? Or did you mean that you'd not be able to control yourself?

You've decided to run? No biggie, most do.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Sugarpuff great posts.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

I can recall having certain arguments with old flings in the past , just women I met along the way. You could not tell them to be factual and for real, because you knew, you just knew, that their argument was based on emotions alone. But you have to know how to argue like that, you know, to keep up with them. Some believers in God argue like that, they get too emotional and angry, and that blurs their points. Because their belief, is so emotional. I don't think its anything wrong with a woman having emotional argument, or a believer being so emotional about God and their belief, but you have to be able to draw the lines between the two.. so you can lay down both a base of emotional content and factual content.

Some believers can bond together in emotional content, and really feel as if they are being factual about God. But we know that is not so. And it can be difficult in trying to show them any different. The woman will cling to her emotions, as well as the believer; and here we are stuck with the task of trying to wake this situation up.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Ahso!;1517050 wrote: Good Catholic girls don't engage in religious discussions? Or did you mean that you'd not be able to control yourself?

You've decided to run? No biggie, most do.


No , I am still here ...

I just want to give you a heads-ups , nuns are Catholic girls and they do engage in religious discussion ...
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

sugarpuff;1517077 wrote: No , I am still here ...

I just want to give you a heads-ups , nuns are Catholic girls and they do engage in religious discussion ...Are you a nun?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Ahso!;1517089 wrote: Are you a nun?


You don't have to worry my child ...all is forgiven ...
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Sugarpuff I like that.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

sugarpuff;1517077 wrote: No , I am still here ...

I just want to give you a heads-ups , nuns are Catholic girls and they do engage in religious discussion ...




I did not know that Catholics allow women to do that.
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

It seems to me that part of being a Christian is entering into religious discussions. Asking questions.
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Part of being a Christian is to engage in religious discussions and those include doubts.
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Tried to erase one of those but no luck.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1517118 wrote: It seems to me that part of being a Christian is entering into religious discussions. Asking questions.


I often wonder just how much freedom has been given women in the Catholic church?
User avatar
Fuzzy
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 am

Is God Real?

Post by Fuzzy »

Mickiel;1517124 wrote: I often wonder just how much freedom has been given women in the Catholic church?


I can't wait for the first female pope.

Sugarpuff, how about it? Put in an application.:wah:
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1517129 wrote: I can't wait for the first female pope.

Sugarpuff, how about it? Put in an application.:wah:


Seriously me applying for a pope ...

Don't you think there is enough black smoke around here ...

You do know white smoke means pope ....

black smoke means nope ...
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Hey Fuzzy!!! .. I wonder were the Ahso is ? ....
User avatar
Fuzzy
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 am

Is God Real?

Post by Fuzzy »

Is sugarpuff real???
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1517137 wrote: Is sugarpuff real???


No but Ahso is
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

sugarpuff;1517133 wrote: Seriously me applying for a pope ...

Don't you think there is enough black smoke around here ...

You do know white smoke means pope ....

black smoke means nope ...


White smoke means your life will not be the same anymore. From head to toe, you can't even dress the same anymore.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Mickiel;1517143 wrote: White smoke means your life will not be the same anymore. From head to toe, you can't even dress the same anymore.


In that case I don't want the job ....

Mickiel do you believe their is a God ?....

Those I like joking around .. I believe God is real ...

I can't prove it .. but I believe it in my heart ....
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 13626
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: on the open road

Is God Real?

Post by LarsMac »

Fuzzy;1517137 wrote: Is sugarpuff real???


I believe in Sugarpuff!
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
User avatar
Fuzzy
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 am

Is God Real?

Post by Fuzzy »

sugarpuff;1517144 wrote:

I can't prove it .. but I believe it in my heart ....


Why don't you use your head?:wah:
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1517146 wrote: Why don't you use your head?:wah:
Why would I do that ... I think my brain would work better then my head ...

Unless you want me to head butt someone ....

Please we are trying to find out if God is real ...



P.S.

Stay on topics (Sarah)lol
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

sugarpuff;1517156 wrote:

Please we are trying to find out if God is real ...Finding would require more than just saying or believing, right?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Fuzzy
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 am

Is God Real?

Post by Fuzzy »

That makes wonder what people, who say they found him, use.
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Ahso!;1517168 wrote: Finding would require more than just saying or believing, right?


Peoples say all the times there is billions of dollars out there ..I believe there is ,,,

Yet finding require more then saying it right ?
User avatar
Fuzzy
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 am

Is God Real?

Post by Fuzzy »

Give us a shout when you finally find the bugger. The Arabs reckon he's great.
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Fuzzy;1517183 wrote: Give us a shout when you finally find the bugger. The Arabs reckon he's great.


Well I guess they are right .... Well that ends this thread ... The Arabs found him ...

The end
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

sugarpuff;1517181 wrote: Peoples say all the times there is billions of dollars out there ..I believe there is ,,,

Yet finding require more then saying it right ?We see the money, it has physical properties, so believing that is rational, believing in a God is not.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

sugarpuff;1517184 wrote: Well I guess they are right .... Well that ends this thread ... The Arabs found him ...

The endYou have a problem with Arabs?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 13626
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: on the open road

Is God Real?

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1517192 wrote: We see the money, it has physical properties, so believing that is rational, believing in a God is not.


Money has evolved to the point that all we see is the physical manifestations of "Money" - Icons, Idols, and such.

The actual money, itself is merely bits in the virtual ether.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1517195 wrote: Money has evolved to the point that all we see is the physical manifestations of "Money" - Icons, Idols, and such.

The actual money, itself is merely bits in the virtual ether.I see lots of it every day. People like to pay me cash fairly often.

I would not say money has evolved. Money is man-made like furniture and furniture pieces do not evolve. I might say that our economy has changed into one where credit is now equal to money in a physical state.

Whether we see the actual money or not, it is reflected in our bank accounts or pay transfers, and yes, also by the things we trade it for.

Lastly, we admit that the concept of money is a creation of humans. We don't do that regarding most Gods.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

Ahso!;1517193 wrote: You have a problem with Arabs?


Yea my husband one I think ... Do you still love me Ahso ?????
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

Lol
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Is God real?
User avatar
sugarpuff
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Is God Real?

Post by sugarpuff »

I would say yes he is ....

unfortunately we can't prove he is .. and no one can prove he is not ..
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

sugarpuff;1517371 wrote: I would say yes he is ....

unfortunately we can't prove he is .. and no one can prove he is not ..


I too would say yes he is, but I would word the rest like this;

God is real, we can prove it , but we don't know how to prove it to certain segments of humanity. We can actually prove it to certain areas of our minds , but yet not in other segments of the mind. I have an area of mind that no one but me has access to. I can see and comprehend false hood, actually measure the false hood even to the " Least", which is a superlative of " Little." I can get picky and place things in the lowest importance of rank.

Or, listen; in this section of mind, my Consciousness too can open and reality can meet spirituality, and I can " Get Idiom" , or a new lease on life! It is At these crossroads that my learning can give birth to science, education of any sort, but what has impressed me the most is when knowledge of human nature, met and mixed with science , psychology and spirituality; this gave birth to the beginnings of me.
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

I believe in the reality of God but lack the skill to take that any further. For me God is an experiential reality.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1517380 wrote: I believe in the reality of God but lack the skill to take that any further. For me God is an experiential reality.




Curiosity and desire will take you further than skill. In my view.
Ted
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Is God Real?

Post by Ted »

To understand the nature of God is beyond human imagining. We do not have the langluage with which to deal with that topic. Desire does not make it so.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1517441 wrote: To understand the nature of God is beyond human imagining. We do not have the langluage with which to deal with that topic. Desire does not make it so.


God both communicates and understands any human he so wishes to do so. Although he is beyond us; way , way beyond us, he does not have to wait until we reach some level on our side, it is God who opens up those pot holes and enables he himself to understand any kind of human language conceived. God can read us all like a book.

One of the things I see in those who he communicated with in the biblical accounts , is that they had a " Desire" to reach God. They were highly motivated in their hearts to communicate with him. But now God also communicated with those who had no desire and could care less about him; so its mainly on God. We cannot limit how, why, or with whom God has communicated with. But once a connection has been made, the human always goes through a definite change, and their desire is then toward God; and their whole consciousness will have made a dramatic change.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Is God real?

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... iUErTp0kRk



https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-uni ... ky989koldP

Spectacular Photos of Space: See Our View of the Universe

God has to be real!
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1517441 wrote: To understand the nature of God is beyond human imagining. We do not have the langluage with which to deal with that topic. Desire does not make it so.


?we have the language of the heart which is the language of consciousness. We. Can think God , feel God, anticipate him and speak to him.
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

Is God real? I can anticipate God, I can question him, I can sense God with multiple emotions. I can read about him, I can see evidence of him in the observation of the animal kingdom, I can see God through some science , I have been personally refreshed by him and inspiried by him. I understand the bits of archaeological leads that point to him.

Its not a cakewalk but it's a reality that is there for anyone's desire to get to these points and beyond. A serious search will yield results. Sadly many just have differing results.

God is!
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

Is God Real?

Post by Mickiel »

To consider God is a challenge to the consciousness for sure. How can such a

Being exist and be so powerful? To think on it is

just very difficult, at least in my view it is. And God has not made it easy as he literally hides himself from humanity.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”