My last move

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

My last move

Post by Lon »

Back from Hawaii on the 4th. On the 5th escrow closed on the house we sold and the new house we bought. On the 6th and 7th we moved into the new house. Packing and unpacking, placing furniture just right, hanging pictures etc. just ain't fun for old folks. We moved in two days but it will take 2 months to organize everything. This is my last move and I will just have to croak here or until they haul me off to the Funny Farm. It's funny about priorities, the first thing my wife got set up was her closet. Me, it was setting up my desk, computer & internet connection, cable TV connection and VOIP phone system.

:-6
binbag

My last move

Post by binbag »

My pc would be the first priority as well Lon. :wah:
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
G#Gill

My last move

Post by G#Gill »

All the very best to you Lon and Mrs Lon :wah: I could think of so many preferable things to do than moving house when you are retired.

As regards priorities, I must be a rather strange woman, because my first priority is setting up my PC and all things to do with that. One of the first things we organised for our static caravan in Norfolk was a landline and the internet !!!!!! My hubby even agreed with it, which was a surprise to me as I am the only one who uses the internet as a hobby. Bless his heart, he does look after his wife so well. :-4 :wah:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
along-for-the-ride

My last move

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Many happy years to both you and your wife in your new home, Lon. :) Yes, it does take time to get organized.

G#Gill, my Hubby doesn't use the computer either, but he is supportive of me as well. :-4

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
southern yankee

My last move

Post by southern yankee »

Moving is a royal pain. does not matter your age. buying and selling is stressful too. when it involves an estate it is worse. i hope to be doing the same shortly.

Return to “General Chit Chat”