Oscars terribly British Room of stuff and Nonsense..

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Poor barstard. I bet he slept for hours after that .

I still remember taking big Ben off to the Vets for the exact reasons you're speaking of here. It was horrible . He couldn't even walk inside the clinic they ahd to get a trolley for him . (not many can pick up a newfoundland without doing their backs in. ) They ended up giving him the needle whilst still outside . He was apparently in soooo much pain they did it as quickly as possible . I still cry over that day . So my thoughts are with anyone who has to do that deed.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1337095 wrote: Poor barstard. I bet he slept for hours after that .

I still remember taking big Ben off to the Vets for the exact reasons you're speaking of here. It was horrible . He couldn't even walk inside the clinic they ahd to get a trolley for him . (not many can pick up a newfoundland without doing their backs in. ) They ended up giving him the needle whilst still outside . He was apparently in soooo much pain they did it as quickly as possible . I still cry over that day . So my thoughts are with anyone who has to do that deed. He Is always asleep :wah::wah::wah:

I am a terrible coward when It comes to the dirty deed and stay away. Peter has been with all our loved pets at the end. He holds them In his arms and talks to them as they drift off. The only one I ever did was my mothers cat I took In when Mother died. That cat was special because he was HERS. I swear I could smell her on him.

Peter and I had our first counselling session with SAFFA the org for ex armed forces today. It was helpfull to say the least.

Also had an E Mail tonight to say that the one Police Inspector I really really wanted at my meeting will take the question and answer session for me. I am thrilled because even If he talks bollocks, us ladies have some eye candy to look at :wah::sneaky::sneaky:

I am giving a talk tomorrow night to approx 100 people about the project I have under-way and what with the meeting next week, of course, one must have new outfits :wah: Got some nice bits In the shops today.

Life Is good...:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Eye candy and new outfits!!! Sounds like a good day:wah::wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

hi ,, i used to hide forn the SAAFA Sister when i had my son in Belgium :wah:what a dragon:wah:mind if you needed help she would hound the powers that be till you got it:sneaky:

Was my husbands birthadya yesterday so we went out for our teas and then my son and his girlfriend came for a visit , also got great news that our daughter has been offered the job, of an interview she had as theres a chance of redundancies in the palce she is at now, This job is a much better one and a fair bit more money so shes very happy:D

Hope your meeting goes well;)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Happy birthday to Gordon, Kaz, hope he had a good one, it sounds like he did :-6:)

Hi gang, hope you are all OK ! Good for you, Oscar, a bit of retail therapy :sneaky::yh_rotfl:lips:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Hi all.... Just popped In to say BOO !!!

Wish Gordon a happy birthday Kaz from Peter and myself won't you? What did you get him?

Gill.... The retail therepy had more than one benefit because I bought a new pair of jeans In my usual size and Peter had to take them back this morning for a smaller size ... YIPPEEE Now that Is therepy when you find you have dropped a dress size but I suspect It was more the case that It was down to the cut and not my decreasing weight... made me feel good though !!!

Also today I am rather thrilled that I have been nominated by the Police to take over The Neighbourhood watch. About 2 years ago after my ( ahem ) Incident :wah: I was put forward by one of the local Police Inspectors but then I got a really stroppy letter from some woman saying It was her turf and back off. Well since then no-one has ever seen her and she seems as pro-active as a slug on Prozac so the police have suggested that I take over some of that area.

Going to be out a lot for the next few days. I have got the talk tonight at 7 pm. Tomorrow I have Uniformed Police Officers coming to the house to take statements but sorry I can not elaborate further on that one other than to say, they are very very keen to see me and get things going. Sorry to dissapoint some but It Is not me they are Investigating :wah: They are not local Police Officers but from from our Police HQ.

The big meeting next week hopefully will be a success. We have put posters up In all the village shops to get as many of the public to come as possible. Every shop we went to, we were met with ' Thank God for that' when they read It was about Anti Social behaviour. But as Kaz said... You always get people who expect every-one else to do some-thing for them.

Monday Is the start of my no smoking. I got the patches, the Inhaler and the chewing gum. Even If I could cut down to 20 a day that will be some-thing.:wah: If Kaz can do It, I must at least try.

I shall pop In later tonight.... I hope every one Is OK.... Kaz... How Is your Dad doing?

I
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well I wish you all the best for tonight Julie! As regards the cutting down on the smokes, also the very best for that! Don't be disheartened if you put a bit of weight on as this is par for the course, so you'll just have to cut out nibbling tasty biscuits etc between meals. I won't advise doing more excercising as it looks as if you already do a fair bit of that, one way or another! :)

I think I know what the statements tomorrow are all about, and good luck with that !

With regard to the big meeting next week, please try not to be distracted too much by the uniformed 'eye candy' :wah: and the best of luck with that meeting ! :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1337238 wrote: Well I wish you all the best for tonight Julie! As regards the cutting down on the smokes, also the very best for that! Don't be disheartened if you put a bit of weight on as this is par for the course, so you'll just have to cut out nibbling tasty biscuits etc between meals. I won't advise doing more excercising as it looks as if you already do a fair bit of that, one way or another! :)

I think I know what the statements tomorrow are all about, and good luck with that !

With regard to the big meeting next week, please try not to be distracted too much by the uniformed 'eye candy' :wah: and the best of luck with that meeting ! :-6

Hi Gill and friends... I thought I would post quick while I am still on a high from tonight's meeting of which I had a few surprises In store.

First of all my talk went well and I got a hearty round of applause which was encouraging.

Later In the evening after the main speaker had finished, a chap from Wells took the stand to say he was there to present an achievement award. Nothing even entered my head and even when he called my name out, It did not register. I had to go up and receive this award of achievement and pose for pics with him. I will send a pic to you Gill as an attachment via E Mail rather than plaster It here.

Other things were achieved tonight that I won't bore you with but the meeting was a great success for me on a personal front.

I am now going to eat the 14" Barbeque chicken pizza my lovely Turkish pal cooked for me that I picked up on the way home, get some coffee and make a fuss of my husband who as always was right behind me tonight supporting me In every-thing I do even though he felt unwell. :-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

wow you had a big night oscar :guitaristwell done on your award! what was it for,, i know achievement so dont be funny:wah:

Lots of luck with cutting down on smoking but i have to say with all the bloomin patches etc ,, you have to stop using them at some point and then you are on your own ,, so in my opinion going cold turkey is just a matter of time. Once you believe you are capable of doing it yourself ,, then you will:)

I told you i got my husband a nights stay in York!!! we go Sunday morning and come back Monday,, we are both looking forward to it,,, MY sister and her dog are coming here to stay with Sheila so she wont care as her best friend will be coming to stay :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1337459 wrote: wow you had a big night oscar :guitaristwell done on your award! what was it for,, i know achievement so dont be funny:wah:

Lots of luck with cutting down on smoking but i have to say with all the bloomin patches etc ,, you have to stop using them at some point and then you are on your own ,, so in my opinion going cold turkey is just a matter of time. Once you believe you are capable of doing it yourself ,, then you will:)

I told you i got my husband a nights stay in York!!! we go Sunday morning and come back Monday,, we are both looking forward to it,,, MY sister and her dog are coming here to stay with Sheila so she wont care as her best friend will be coming to stay :wah:

I am still chuffed to mint balls Kaz from last night. What made It better was that we had a main speaker who Is a prominent figure :sneaky: and It was a buzz to be presented with that In front of him. And... another key figure drove down from Somerset to present It to me. No-one told me any-thing like that was going to happen but now I understand why I had so many calls during the week to make sure I would be there. I will E Mail you and tell you what it was for.

I am writing this while Peter and I are waiting for the Police. They actually turned up early this morning and I was out so they are due back at any time. Peter said they turned up mob handed. A bit like buses really... You wait hours for one and then 4 turn up all at once :wah: I will tell you more In E Mail. I could be a while as they are taking statements and then I have to be out by 5 pm again. Fear not... they want my help, not arrest me :wah::wah: And... It got the neighbours talking again seeing them all on the door-step.

Is there any chance you can take 3 Terriers to York with you? I am sure puppy Rosie would love to play chasey chasey games with Shiela. They bark a lot but you get you get used to It after a while and they think the command to 'Get Down' Is a line from Brown Sugar. You make sure you have a brilliant time In York and hurry back to us.

Well, I am really going for the quit smoking bit.

I worked out that I would save £400 a week !!!! And that Is even with smoking out-side the house. I had a 2 hour session and when I blew Into that tube thingy, It went off the scale. When they did Peter, he had traces also which he would have picked up from me and his lungs being what they are, we can not take that risk with him. They also gave him pneumonia and flu jabs because the slightest chest Infection could be fatal.

As soon as I get home tonight, I will E Mail you.

Have a good day every-one. :guitarist:guitarist
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1337473 wrote: I am still chuffed to mint balls Kaz from last night. What made It better was that we had a main speaker who Is a prominent figure :sneaky: and It was a buzz to be presented with that In front of him. And... another key figure drove down from Somerset to present It to me. No-one told me any-thing like that was going to happen but now I understand why I had so many calls during the week to make sure I would be there. I will E Mail you and tell you what it was for.

I am writing this while Peter and I are waiting for the Police. They actually turned up early this morning and I was out so they are due back at any time. Peter said they turned up mob handed. A bit like buses really... You wait hours for one and then 4 turn up all at once :wah: I will tell you more In E Mail. I could be a while as they are taking statements and then I have to be out by 5 pm again. Fear not... they want my help, not arrest me :wah::wah: And... It got the neighbours talking again seeing them all on the door-step.

Is there any chance you can take 3 Terriers to York with you? I am sure puppy Rosie would love to play chasey chasey games with Shiela. They bark a lot but you get you get used to It after a while and they think the command to 'Get Down' Is a line from Brown Sugar. You make sure you have a brilliant time In York and hurry back to us.

Well, I am really going for the quit smoking bit.

I worked out that I would save £400 a week !!!! And that Is even with smoking out-side the house. I had a 2 hour session and when I blew Into that tube thingy, It went off the scale. When they did Peter, he had traces also which he would have picked up from me and his lungs being what they are, we can not take that risk with him. They also gave him pneumonia and flu jabs because the slightest chest Infection could be fatal.

As soon as I get home tonight, I will E Mail you.

Have a good day every-one. :guitarist:guitarist
well first i would say if you cant stop smoking then at least go out of the house and shut the door behind you to smoke, so as not to affect Peter:lips:

i aint taking Sheila to York Oscar,, my sis is staying at our house with Sheila and her dog Shorty:wah:Although did you know, you can apparently take dogs to some of the travelodge hotels:-3 anyway Sunday looks at least to be a dry day so it should be a good day:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1337476 wrote: well first i would say if you cant stop smoking then at least go out of the house and shut the door behind you to smoke, so as not to affect Peter:lips:

i aint taking Sheila to York Oscar,, my sis is staying at our house with Sheila and her dog Shorty:wah:Although did you know, you can apparently take dogs to some of the travelodge hotels:-3 anyway Sunday looks at least to be a dry day so it should be a good day:) Who looks .after Dad Kaz while you are away?

Peter and I have often stayed In Travel Lodge because they will take all 3 dogs but we have never been back to one In Sussex after Scully got bored In the night and chewed her way though one of the window blinds. ( Hangs head In shame).

I stayed In one with my bro In Manchester when we were at a Stranglers gig last year and the reception and staff asked my bro If he was 'Alan Patridge'. I thought It was hilarious and said he was and that I was his PA. It was hysterical because they kept phoning the room asking 'Do you have enough pillows Mr Coogan' and would you like some coffee brought to your room? We took full advantage of the extra hospitality and I am sure to this day, the staff there still believe Alan Partridge stayed at their Travel Lodge.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1337501 wrote: Who looks .after Dad Kaz while you are away?

Peter and I have often stayed In Travel Lodge because they will take all 3 dogs but we have never been back to one In Sussex after Scully got bored In the night and chewed her way though one of the window blinds. ( Hangs head In shame).

I stayed In one with my bro In Manchester when we were at a Stranglers gig last year and the reception and staff asked my bro If he was 'Alan Patridge'. I thought It was hilarious and said he was and that I was his PA. It was hysterical because they kept phoning the room asking 'Do you have enough pillows Mr Coogan' and would you like some coffee brought to your room? We took full advantage of the extra hospitality and I am sure to this day, the staff there still believe Alan Partridge stayed at their Travel Lodge.
My dad dont live with me oscar :wah: but i do go over there at least twice a week so my mam can get out the house, so when we are away on those days.. the others have to take up the slack (i have 2 sisters and a brother who also help out certain days) or i move it around a bit ,, like i usually go Monday morning but this week i will go dinnertime as should be back from York then, so hubby will probs just drop me straight off there :thinking: and i went last wednesday as i was at the Ballet yesterday afternoon when im usually at mam and dads.

Thats funny about your brother ,, you know im sure my hubby's sister could get away with pretending to be Dawn French :sneaky::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Just popped into say Hi and fancy doing abit of ballet with me?:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1337555 wrote: Just popped into say Hi and fancy doing abit of ballet with me?:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

Wow!!!What a great likeness Carol :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1337563 wrote: Wow!!!What a great likeness Carol :wah:What you mean likeness.....its me in a pretty dress....how dare you say I dont look like me.....I think.:-3
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1337564 wrote: What you mean likeness.....its me in a pretty dress....how dare you say I dont look like me.....I think.:-3

erm i think great likeness means it looks like you:thinking::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1337667 wrote: erm i think great likeness means it looks like you:thinking::wah:
Good Likeness but Carol Is far Foxier as well as slimmer and more beautiful.

Just a quick post before I go out for the evening again but did some retail therapy today and was so thrilled to bump Into a man who bought one of our puppy's 10 years ago !!!!! It was so lovely seeing that pup all grown up and the spit of Scully.

my lappy came under some scrutiny this afternoon :sneaky::sneaky::lips::lips: But all good things come to those who wait.

Be back later tonight... hope you are all well and good. Kaz you do a great job with your parents. :D
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1337720 wrote: Good Likeness but Carol Is far Foxier as well as slimmer and more beautiful.

I am?????:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Just stopping by for a quick hello. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oscar Namechange

Thank You to my loyal friends. I have not been able to post here this week as If you have seen my other threads, You will know that I had a very Important meeting with Police and Councillors tonight. The preparations for that meeting have kept me busy all week and tomorrow, yours truly should be In the newspapers sitting next to the Police Inspector addressing the public, not my being arrested. :yh_rotfl The Police Inspector hardly sits next to a member of the public they are Investigating or are about to arrest. :yh_rotfl

Lovely to have a long chat with one of you members here tonight on the phone. :-4:-4

Lots of new things proposed tonight that will keep me busy for a few weeks.

Hope every-one Is well and good.

Laters Peeeples
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1338439 wrote: Thank You to my loyal friends. I have not been able to post here this week as If you have seen my other threads, You will know that I had a very Important meeting with Police and Councillors tonight. The preparations for that meeting have kept me busy all week and tomorrow, yours truly should be In the newspapers sitting next to the Police Inspector addressing the public, not my being arrested. :yh_rotfl The Police Inspector hardly sits next to a member of the public they are Investigating or are about to arrest. :yh_rotfl

Lovely to have a long chat with one of you members here tonight on the phone. :-4:-4

Lots of new things proposed tonight that will keep me busy for a few weeks.

Hope every-one Is well and good.

Laters PeeeplesNext time don't leave your room so long without cleaning it....have you seen the muck in here fgs.....get your feather duster out woman.:rolleyes::D;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1338446 wrote: Next time don't leave your room so long without cleaning it....have you seen the muck in here fgs.....get your feather duster out woman.:rolleyes::D;) That Is Peter's fault as he Is responsible for cleaning. Tis my duty to wear make-up and talk bollocks.

Rosie would soooooo love to play chasey chasey games with Precious.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1338454 wrote: That Is Peter's fault as he Is responsible for cleaning. Tis my duty to wear make-up and talk bollocks.

Rosie would soooooo love to play chasey chasey games with Precious.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl.......Precious is getting so naughty she so is and thinks every object she sees is her toy:-5....trouble is she knows all she has to do is look at me and wag her tail and shes won......and shes right fgs:o.The others were never as bad as this...well one was as he had a thing about the eyes in my Bears and thought they were there to be taken out and so many bears lost their eyes....well it goes with me losing my .....was gonna say something then but decided against it:wah:.Made a fab MeatLoaf today.....thought I would share that useless info with you Princess.:D;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1338459 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl.......Precious is getting so naughty she so is and thinks every object she sees is her toy:-5....trouble is she knows all she has to do is look at me and wag her tail and shes won......and shes right fgs:o.The others were never as bad as this...well one was as he had a thing about the eyes in my Bears and thought they were there to be taken out and so many bears lost their eyes....well it goes with me losing my .....was gonna say something then but decided against it:wah:.Made a fab MeatLoaf today.....thought I would share that useless info with you Princess.:D;)

Ahhh the Joys of having a Puppy:wah: Same here... Rosie rips the eyes out first then all the stuffing comes out.

I have had a nice day... We went to Counselling In Yate so thought we would go to some of the surrounding villages and shops for some Christmas shopping and look at some of the smaller shops Instead of the bigger stores. I wanted some baby clothes for the families babies but one village just had a load of old toot so It looks like It Is back to the big stores. It Is funny that you can go to shops miles from your home and still see people you know. Did not see any Police Officers though. I did get young H who Is coming up at the end of the month a Scaletrix and another electric train set. Although my bro Is In his 50's, I suspect that he will play with the Scalextrix more than H.:wah:

Well, tomorrow Is the big No Smoking day. Saw my advisor this morning and got all the patches and the lozenges. Previous attempt on the pills 'Champix' made me violently sick as did the chewing gum. Also got a plastic Inhaler so I can look a numpty In public.

I have actually hidden a pack of ciggs In the boot of the car just In case.

Going to Wiltshire on sunday to meet a Politician. Won't mention his name but Gill knows who he Is :sneaky: I will send you the photo call pics by attachment to E Mail,

Had a few calls today also re: our meeting last night from other villages further out who want to do some-thing similar.

Laters. :-4
Oscar Namechange

A very sad today friends.

Last night poor Peanut our Persian went down-hill very quickly. She had spent the last 2 nights crawling Into Mulders basket which Is a very unusual act. Mulder Is so possesive, jealous and territorial that Peanut usually gives him a wide berth. He growls at her should she dare even think about going near where he Is lying on the sofa but would never hurt her... just territorial nonsense so for her to crawl Into his basket and for him to allow It was some-thing In It'self.

She came us around 8 years ago after being siezed by the RSPCA by some mad woman who had a small flat full of pedigree cats that were used as nothing but breeding machines.

On arrival we had to have all her her teeth taken out barr one, she had open sores and was malnurished so severley that she never gained any weight even though she ate like a horse. We also had to have her put under once we had nursed her back from cat flu as she had never been Inoculated. Once under, she was completely shaved because she was so matted, her fur was like dreadlocks. Last year we had to have her eye removed.

Since her arrival she has led a simple life for 8 years mainly eating and sleeping.

On getting home last night, she had crawled Into Mulders basket again and we knew she was dying... Old age... nothing could be done.

We contemplated getting the vet out but decided against It because of the stress It would have caused her In her old age so we wrapped her up In a warm fluffy blanket and took her to bed with us. I got up at 4 am and soothed her but her breathing was very shallow.

Peter got up and found her dead at 7 am.

I do not feel sad because I know that It Is another one I have rescued and given the best 8 years of her life that I could. Once with me, she never went hungry, cold, neglected or un-loved.

She Is being collected tomorrow for cremation by the vet.

Night Night Peanut. :-4
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1338999 wrote: A very sad today friends.

Last night poor Peanut our Persian went down-hill very quickly. She had spent the last 2 nights crawling Into Mulders basket which Is a very unusual act. Mulder Is so possesive, jealous and territorial that Peanut usually gives him a wide berth. He growls at her should she dare even think about going near where he Is lying on the sofa but would never hurt her... just territorial nonsense so for her to crawl Into his basket and for him to allow It was some-thing In It'self.

She came us around 8 years ago after being siezed by the RSPCA by some mad woman who had a small flat full of pedigree cats that were used as nothing but breeding machines.

On arrival we had to have all her her teeth taken out barr one, she had open sores and was malnurished so severley that she never gained any weight even though she ate like a horse. We also had to have her put under once we had nursed her back from cat flu as she had never been Inoculated. Once under, she was completely shaved because she was so matted, her fur was like dreadlocks. Last year we had to have her eye removed.

Since her arrival she has led a simple life for 8 years mainly eating and sleeping.

On getting home last night, she had crawled Into Mulders basket again and we knew she was dying... Old age... nothing could be done.

We contemplated getting the vet out but decided against It because of the stress It would have caused her In her old age so we wrapped her up In a warm fluffy blanket and took her to bed with us. I got up at 4 am and soothed her but her breathing was very shallow.

Peter got up and found her dead at 7 am.

I do not feel sad because I know that It Is another one I have rescued and given the best 8 years of her life that I could. Once with me, she never went hungry, cold, neglected or un-loved.

She Is being collected tomorrow for cremation by the vet.

Night Night Peanut. :-4((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear this Julie and know how upset you must be.

I have lost many beloved pets over the years through old age or illness and it never gets any easier as you must know anyway.Yes you did give Peanut a good home and 8 loving years and she was very lucky to have had such a caring person as yourself.

Yes Night Night Peanut:-4:-4:-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

so sorry to hear about Peanut Oscar:-4Even though we know they cant live forever it still hurts. :-4

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Oscar:-4

:-4 I am so sorry about your wee Peanut. She was so lucky to have you take care of her and give her such a peaceful life before she passed.

Bless you Oscar for all you do for our wee, neglected animals. You are a very special person!
Oscar Namechange

Thank You C arol, Kaz and Kathy. Yes, It Is so hard when our loved pets leave us. I have been through It so many times but It never gets easier does It? Peter said today that he hopes he Is not here when the dogs go because he could not bear It. Of course, I had to slap him upside the head for such a comment.

I am not too sad about Peanut because she would never have survived another 8 years let the cat flu she had when we took her. At the time, we took 6 of this mad womans Pedigree cats that were seized. All had cat flu and despite every-thing, we could not save Peanut's twin brother nor a beautiful Siamese. The other 3 were Bengals and being twice the size of normal cats, they are stronger and recovered much quicker. The Bengals were extremley aggresive and the worst was a female called 'Chip'... It was like having a Tiger In the house and I had to get medication down her throat. All 3 went to people who specialised In the breed and knew exactly how to care for them. tbh I was glad to see the back of them.... They all actually growled at me !!!

Peanut took weeks to recover from the cat flu and fluid on her lungs so It was a miracle she survived any-way.

We are talking about going to Persian Rescue because Oscar Is now without a companion although he thinks he Is one of the dogs and Puppy Rosie thinks he Is a puppy there to pronk on.

Carol and Gill.... I will be home at night mid week If you fancy a natter on the phone. Gill.... Hope you have had a chill out and return soon.

Laters Peeps.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Haven't been able to ring you yet Flower but I will and I will explain why.:)

Heres a song for you thats been in the hit parade.I love it lol.....have a good weekend and talk soon for sure.:-4:-4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7W-d9RVKk
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1340221 wrote: Haven't been able to ring you yet Flower but I will and I will explain why.:)

Heres a song for you thats been in the hit parade.I love it lol.....have a good weekend and talk soon for sure.:-4:-4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7W-d9RVKk :wah: LOVE IT !!!

Good choice of words there Posh Lady.... Ohhhhhhhh How very, very true !! Thanks for that... That really cheered me up :wah:

I was humming this to myself tonight. OK The band may not be your cup of Earl Grey but I have always loved the lyrics of this.

YouTube - Lies and Deception

By the Stranglers :guitarist:guitarist
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

I rung you earlier and you were out putting it about somewhere;).Spoke to Pete and his a nice fella ye know bless his little cotton socks.:D

So heres something to make you and him smile as I feel you both need some of that right now.:-4:-4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WzEU3pElM8
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1340379 wrote: I rung you earlier and you were out putting it about somewhere;).Spoke to Pete and his a nice fella ye know bless his little cotton socks.:D

So heres something to make you and him smile as I feel you both need some of that right now.:-4:-4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WzEU3pElM8 OMG Where did you find that? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I just got home and that has made me laugh so much.

I am bleedin knackered tonight so I just fed the Foxes and I shall be off to bed pretty soon.

Yes, I was out this morning being posh and Important:wah. Peter said he had a lovely chat with you on the phone as you 2 have so much In common. Try to ring tuesday night as I will be home all night and we can have a good chin wag again.

I am going to watch that video again now :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

omg that video is soo funny,, thing is if that was me i probably would have done the same as her and ran over and clipped whoever was filming:wah::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

got the roast in the oven and buggering off in a min to do veggies etc for Sunday Lunch..i like sundays:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1340438 wrote: OMG Where did you find that? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I am bleedin knackered tonight so I just fed the Foxes and I shall be off to bed pretty soon.

Yes, I was out this morning being posh and Important:wah. Peter said he had a lovely chat with you on the phone as you 2 have so much In common. Try to ring tuesday night as I will be home all night and we can have a good chin wag again.

I am going to watch that video again now :yh_rotfl:yh_rotflGlad you liked it lol.Just found it doing some exploring.Yep will ring:D;):-4

kazalala;1340491 wrote: omg that video is soo funny,, thing is if that was me i probably would have done the same as her and ran over and clipped whoever was filming:wah::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

got the roast in the oven and buggering off in a min to do veggies etc for Sunday Lunch..i like sundays:) In 2 cm pieces I hope:yh_rotfl sorry Jules a private joke.:wah::(
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1340498 wrote: Glad you liked it lol.Just found it doing some exploring.Yep will ring:D;):-4

In 2 cm pieces I hope:yh_rotfl sorry Jules a private joke.:wah::(

no thats too small for veg for sunday dinner,, it aint a bleedin stew! tut... about 2 inch pieces will do i think:rolleyes::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1340438 wrote: OMG Where did you find that? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I am going to watch that video again now :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

kazalala;1340491 wrote: omg that video is soo funny,, thing is if that was me i probably would have done the same as her and ran over and clipped whoever was filming:wah::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

got the roast in the oven and buggering off in a min to do veggies etc for Sunday Lunch..i like sundays:)

kazalala;1340502 wrote: no thats too small for veg for sunday dinner,, it aint a bleedin stew! tut... about 2 inch pieces will do i think:rolleyes::wah:Oh so you like 2" ah:-2 nothing wrong with that sweetcheeks.:yh_rotfl:lips:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1340505 wrote: Oh so you like 2" ah:-2 nothing wrong with that sweetcheeks.:yh_rotfl:lips:

i will give you 2 inches of soap to go wash your mouth out !!!!:wah::lips::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1340512 wrote: i will give you 2 inches of soap to go wash your mouth out !!!!:wah::lips::wah:

Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1340513 wrote:

Hi folks. God I am knackered again and thank goodness our friends have a new driver starting saturday. Tonight I have been a Pizza delivery boy again. First of all, let me state there Is nothing Jolly about the Jolly Cobbler Pub In Bristol. Delivering there Is like going Into an episode of Shameless and The Jockey Pub. A quite scarey moment but I was asked out on a date by one of the drinkers at the bar. :yh_rotfl

As for the private joke about the Veg then I am guessing that Kaz suffers with the same affliction that I have. I can not have Irregular vegetables. God knows why but It pisses me off. When we have carrots, I cut them length-ways and they must all be the same length, same with runner beans and cucumber. AND.... I even measure them with the edge of my chopping knife to make sure they are all the same length. If one breaks In half during cooking, I oik It out and throw It away.

Well, I am about to have a lovely cup of tea, as I fell much better :sneaky::yh_rotfl and make a fuss of my husband who had a Crayfish salad waiting for me when I got home :-4

Hope you are all fit and well.

I have a busy day tomorrow but should finally have an evening alone with Peter tomorrow night so I will cook him some-thing nice... with exact length veg of course.
Oscar Namechange

I just been and fed my Foxes so an up-date on the clan.

The new arrival some weeks back of 'The Big Fella' who replaced dear Clarkson has not been seen for a couple of weeks. There may well be another territory that has lost an Alph Dog that he has moved In on.

The new Big Vixen who arrived some weeks ago with the marks on her snout seems to have become the dominent Alpha Vixen. My God, she Is a biggun but has the most beautiful close cropped bright orange fur. All the Foxes are beginning to get their winter coats and develope the winter 'brush' that Is their tail. She has a magnificent Brush as well as the lovely coat.

There seems to be 3 dominant mating pairs and I am pleased to see that 'Stumpy' seems to be one of these. Poor 'Runty' Is still on the side-lines, last In the queue for food but he Is hanging on In there.

Has any-one ever got close enough to a family of Foxes to hear the Bizzarre chattering noises they make around mating season to each other? It really Is an astonishing noise when we expect Foxes to growl etc ( which they do not ) and then you hear this high pitched chattering like Monkey's. Lots of Malarky going on between them tonight even chasey chasey games up the lane, leaping In the air and twittering to each other.

Soon I shall have babies and I just hope the new Vixens will trust me enough to bring them out whilst they are tiny. Then I get the worms out the compost bin to feed them.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and see how everyone is doing. Oscar, I have Foxes on my property and can hear them at night "talking with one another" and it's just an amazing sound. They are deep in the woods and I only see one or two on a very rare occassion. They are just so beautiful and I wish I could have a "connection" to them like you do. :-4

We've has our first snow fall here last night. Only an inch or so but it makes everyting look so pretty and fresh. It's a little early for snow here and I heard on the radio that tomorrow the temps will be in the 70's. No wonder so many people are getting sick around me. One day it's freezing and the next day, it's warm enough to open your windows.

I read a post here in another thread yesterday and was about to respond when I got called away for a few minutes. When I came back, the poster edited the post and I swear it made me think I was going bloody crazy! :wah:

Well, I better go now and do some work. I hope this message finds everyone doing well.

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1340666 wrote: Hi folks. God I am knackered again and thank goodness our friends have a new driver starting saturday. Tonight I have been a Pizza delivery boy again. First of all, let me state there Is nothing Jolly about the Jolly Cobbler Pub In Bristol. Delivering there Is like going Into an episode of Shameless and The Jockey Pub. A quite scarey moment but I was asked out on a date by one of the drinkers at the bar. :yh_rotfl

As for the private joke about the Veg then I am guessing that Kaz suffers with the same affliction that I have. I can not have Irregular vegetables. God knows why but It pisses me off. When we have carrots, I cut them length-ways and they must all be the same length, same with runner beans and cucumber. AND.... I even measure them with the edge of my chopping knife to make sure they are all the same length. If one breaks In half during cooking, I oik It out and throw It away.

Well, I am about to have a lovely cup of tea, as I fell much better :sneaky::yh_rotfl and make a fuss of my husband who had a Crayfish salad waiting for me when I got home :-4

Hope you are all fit and well.

I have a busy day tomorrow but should finally have an evening alone with Peter tomorrow night so I will cook him some-thing nice... with exact length veg of course.

omg :wah::wah: you are mad ... and no it aint me that measures veg:sneaky::wah:.. i love shameless,, and when my aunt rita was alive she used to go to a pub like that,,, me and my daughter used to go there near as dammit we could to Christmas day on an afternoon,to take pressies,, if she wasnt in there everyone made us welcome, made sure we always had a drink and also informed anyone who tried to talk to us were were "Rita's Relatives":wah: until she came back ,, someone always knew where she had gone and what time she would be likely to return ,, honest it was like stepping back in time! we loved going though ,, it was an experience if anything.. :thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Just thought I'd pop in with a little entertainment from Georgia:

:wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1340758 wrote: Hello everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and see how everyone is doing. Oscar, I have Foxes on my property and can hear them at night "talking with one another" and it's just an amazing sound. They are deep in the woods and I only see one or two on a very rare occassion. They are just so beautiful and I wish I could have a "connection" to them like you do. :-4

We've has our first snow fall here last night. Only an inch or so but it makes everyting look so pretty and fresh. It's a little early for snow here and I heard on the radio that tomorrow the temps will be in the 70's. No wonder so many people are getting sick around me. One day it's freezing and the next day, it's warm enough to open your windows.

I read a post here in another thread yesterday and was about to respond when I got called away for a few minutes. When I came back, the poster edited the post and I swear it made me think I was going bloody crazy! :wah:

Well, I better go now and do some work. I hope this message finds everyone doing well.

Hi Jazzy.... Thank you so much for taking thtrouble to pop In. I feel really bad about not getting to post In your room at Wober but I will have some time tomorrow to go over and post.

Yes, Foxes do talk to each other In a chattering type way. I am truely blessed that I get so close to the little critters to see and hear It. I never hand feed to keep their wild Instincts Intact but I am very honoured that they come so close to me as they are really very nervous animals.

We are also In for snow becuase tonight I saw the Gritters out In force on the way home. I love It. How Is Louie doing and the Horses? Chat soon, hope your OK, xxx
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1340837 wrote: Just thought I'd pop in with a little entertainment from Georgia:

:wah: I will save that to my favourites... Thank You... That really cheered me up :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl And I loved the original version of that song also when In was out. Thanks Diane. :-4
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1340826 wrote: omg :wah::wah: you are mad ... and no it aint me that measures veg:sneaky::wah:.. i love shameless,, and when my aunt rita was alive she used to go to a pub like that,,, me and my daughter used to go there near as dammit we could to Christmas day on an afternoon,to take pressies,, if she wasnt in there everyone made us welcome, made sure we always had a drink and also informed anyone who tried to talk to us were were "Rita's Relatives":wah: until she came back ,, someone always knew where she had gone and what time she would be likely to return ,, honest it was like stepping back in time! we loved going though ,, it was an experience if anything.. :thinking:
Yep, It was like stepping back In time In the Jolly Cobbler pub and I swear there were 10 Frank Gallaghers at the bar. :wah: We do love watching Shameless and I tried finding a clip to post here but they all have the C word In them :wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1340870 wrote: Yep, It was like stepping back In time In the Jolly Cobbler pub and I swear there were 10 Frank Gallaghers at the bar. :wah: We do love watching Shameless and I tried finding a clip to post here but they all have the C word In them :wah:

did you realise franks last love interest was mrs doyle from father ted:wah: in the same vein did you watcvh The four part dram This is England 86 ,, i watched it even though i still havent watched the original film that the dram was a follow on from:rolleyes::wah:

this ones ok and ye right any clips with any of them talking on are a bit sweary :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hello again!

Just wanted to let you know that Wober got hacked on Sunday and we are in the process of converting over to a new software host. Wober should be back up and running later today. Thank goodness we had backups and nothing was lost.

Thank you for asking about Louie. I took him last week for his cancer check up and the blood work and ultra sound can back negative. They found something in the blood work that may be a thyroid problem. I won't know until next week but I can deal with that. I think I would faint if I took Louie and they ever told me that nothing is wrong. :wah:

Weirdest weather here today as it's in the mid 70's and the sun has melted what little snow we did get. They say more snow coming this weekend. :-2

Well, I set the record straight in one of the threads so who knows if I'll be allowed back in to post. :yh_rotfl

Got to run and please say hello to Peter for me and I hope he's not letting a certain twat upset him.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”