on..twenty four seven

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
guppy

on..twenty four seven

Post by guppy »

a couple of weeks ago..i was having a heated exchange with my ex over our daughter..in the end of it..i slammed my cell down and busted it...i had to wait three days to have it replaced..and it was such an odd liberating feeling to go three days without it..we are so connected to the world now..all of a sudden i felt free. for three days i could do anything i wanted without my cell going off..with a text or a call...

of course when it came to my work schedule i was screwed..got to have a cell there..if census is low..i am put on call..so for twelve hours i have a phone glued to my but no matter what i do or where i go..just in case i get called in..

and i have noticed even people my age have become text crazy..it seems to be a trend to text instead of talk..
guppy

on..twenty four seven

Post by guppy »

even at work..nurses are walking up and down the halls talking on their cells..my supervisor has text me before to tell me something..instead of just walking out of her office and speaking to me..and of course...

at night when i am charting..i am sitting at one computer and my bff at work is sitting at another..and we are passing texts all night long commenting on whatever is being said around us....:sneaky:
Odie

on..twenty four seven

Post by Odie »

guppy;1324546 wrote: a couple of weeks ago..i was having a heated exchange with my ex over our daughter..in the end of it..i slammed my cell down and busted it...i had to wait three days to have it replaced..and it was such an odd liberating feeling to go three days without it..we are so connected to the world now..all of a sudden i felt free. for three days i could do anything i wanted without my cell going off..with a text or a call...

of course when it came to my work schedule i was screwed..got to have a cell there..if census is low..i am put on call..so for twelve hours i have a phone glued to my but no matter what i do or where i go..just in case i get called in..

and i have noticed even people my age have become text crazy..it seems to be a trend to text instead of talk..

guppy;1324548 wrote: even at work..nurses are walking up and down the halls talking on their cells..my supervisor has text me before to tell me something..instead of just walking out of her office and speaking to me..and of course...

at night when i am charting..i am sitting at one computer and my bff at work is sitting at another..and we are passing texts all night long commenting on whatever is being said around us....:sneaky:

I couldn't handle everyone texting me all the time, but most love it.

seems like an easier way now to gossip around the office eh?:rolleyes:
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”