I've Broken Myself

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

Tuesday evening, I passed out. In the process, I managed to break my leg. Got out of the hospital today. No clue what caused me to pass out, but I've got a cast on my whole right leg. Coming up 19 steps on crutches was not fun! I guess I'll have plenty of time on my hands to catch up here.
Tombstone

I've Broken Myself

Post by Tombstone »

Peg;1320325 wrote: Tuesday evening, I passed out. In the process, I managed to break my leg. Got out of the hospital today. No clue what caused me to pass out, but I've got a cast on my whole right leg. Coming up 19 steps on crutches was not fun! I guess I'll have plenty of time on my hands to catch up here.

Holy cow! I'm glad you are o.k. now. That must have been terribly painful.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

This cast is unbelievably heavy! I wanted more exercise but not this way. LOL
pinkchick

I've Broken Myself

Post by pinkchick »

Oh my goodness Peg! You poor thing.

I hope you're not in too much pain xxx
Very nearly perfect ... :D
spot

I've Broken Myself

Post by spot »

Peg, where on earth were you? Swinging from branch to branch? Painting the ceiling?

I hope the passing out bit never recurs and the leg ends up like it was before. I had a broken arm in plaster once and it came out eventually like a prune for the first few days.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

I had a seizure 3 years ago and felt the same way. Never did find out what caused it. I was watching my husband throw darts. How embarrassing to pass out in a bar! The rumors are that I was drunk, which I wasn't. The spinal tap they gave me turned into a fractured spine. The rumors at least are keeping me amused. LOL
Odie

I've Broken Myself

Post by Odie »

Peg;1320325 wrote: Tuesday evening, I passed out. In the process, I managed to break my leg. Got out of the hospital today. No clue what caused me to pass out, but I've got a cast on my whole right leg. Coming up 19 steps on crutches was not fun! I guess I'll have plenty of time on my hands to catch up here.

oh no, how dreadful!:-2

in the summer's heat in that large of a cast, you poor kid!:-5

19 steps on crutches, oh my lord woman, that's a lot to carry.

I hope your not in to much pain.
Life is just to short for drama.
mrsK

I've Broken Myself

Post by mrsK »

So sorry to hear this Peg:-4

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Kathy Ellen

I've Broken Myself

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I told you to lay off the Irish whiskey Peg....hee...hee....kidding:p

Oh, I'm so sorry Peg:-4. Geeze, what an awful thing to happen. Hope your hubby waits on you hand and foot.

How long will you be in a cast?

Feel better Peg, and you'll be wearing your normal shoes soon.

Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

My cast is a little longer than that KE. Hubby has been wonderful. He does, and has done, more than most husbands do for their wives. :-4
G#Gill

I've Broken Myself

Post by G#Gill »

Crikey, Peg ! Perhaps you will resist kicking next door's cat in future ! So sorry that has happened to you. I hope you aren't in too much pain. Gawd, I can't imagine me being trussed up like that, I think I'd go barmy, particularly in hot weather ! All the best to you Peg, I really feel for you. Sounds like you have a gem for a hubby though, thank goodness, bless him. I hope it isn't too bad a break and heals well for you, with no problems. I suppose your volleyball championship is now out of the question! Try to keep all your chins up Mrs! :yh_wink :-6 :-6 :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Mustang

I've Broken Myself

Post by Mustang »

Here I thought you might be off on some fancy cruise for the Holiday.

Sorry to hear about your mishap, Peg. Hope your leg heals quickly and you're not in too much discomfort. :yh_flower
chonsigirl

I've Broken Myself

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, you poor dear. I hope your feeling better soon, all summer in a cast! What a great hubby!
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

It's already on my nerves nt being able to get around. I'm hoping it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. My foot is severely deformed due to rheumatoid arthritis. I'm rather used to constant pain. I'm hoping the cast will help put some things back where they belong. It may be wishful thinking, but it's the most hope I've had in a long time. Between my stubborn will, and having a wonderful hubby, I'm sure I'll be fine.
Nomad

I've Broken Myself

Post by Nomad »

You need to find out why you passed out. Glad it was just a leg.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

I have a theory that I am going to check out. My blood pressure was very low. I'm wondering, since I'm on muscle relaxants because of my RA, if they are relaxing my heart too much since it is a muscle. I'm going to check it out on the net and ask my doctor if she can check if there was any difference in my B before and after they would bring me that pill.
Nomad

I've Broken Myself

Post by Nomad »

Well just dont do that anymore.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

I've Broken Myself

Post by CARLA »

Boy glad it was only your leg OUCH...!! It could be your blood pressure, or blood sugar. Have some blood work done. Check out the side effect for the muscle relaxer you are taking google it and be careful..!! :-4

[QUOTE]I have a theory that I am going to check out. My blood pressure was very low. I'm wondering, since I'm on muscle relaxants because of my RA, if they are relaxing my heart too much since it is a muscle. I'm going to check it out on the net and ask my doctor if she can check if there was any difference in my B before and after they would bring me that pill.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

JacksDad

I've Broken Myself

Post by JacksDad »

Peg;1320404 wrote: I have a theory that I am going to check out. My blood pressure was very low. I'm wondering, since I'm on muscle relaxants because of my RA, if they are relaxing my heart too much since it is a muscle. I'm going to check it out on the net and ask my doctor if she can check if there was any difference in my B before and after they would bring me that pill.

Seizures and passing out? Have you had an MRI and EEG? I recently have succumed to epilepsy. Same thing. Seizures and memory loss.

Have you gotten a complete exam for this?
hoppy

I've Broken Myself

Post by hoppy »

Hope you find out about the passing out and treat it. My blood sugar gets too low and I get close to passing out at times. I would get checked out when I can. Good luck.
theia

I've Broken Myself

Post by theia »

Peg;1320387 wrote: It's already on my nerves nt being able to get around. I'm hoping it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. My foot is severely deformed due to rheumatoid arthritis. I'm rather used to constant pain. I'm hoping the cast will help put some things back where they belong. It may be wishful thinking, but it's the most hope I've had in a long time. Between my stubborn will, and having a wonderful hubby, I'm sure I'll be fine.

You will be fine, Peg, especially with that kind of thinking.

Sending you lots of love and good wishes :-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
kazalala

I've Broken Myself

Post by kazalala »

oh dear:thinking: sorry to hear about that Peg,, i broke my ankle in January and i couldn't believe how long it takes to get better, i still have bother with mine now and the doc told me it takes at least a whole year for bones to heal properly:-5 I learnt i didnt really like lying around getting waited on quite as much as i thought i would, and i also learnt i am the worlds worst patient, :lips:the hospital should thank its lucky stars i only had to stay in one day:o

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

I did a google search and it does sound like the muscle relaxant could very well be the culprit so I quit taking it. I had an EEG, a dobler of the arteries in my neck, and a CAT scan. Everything was fine.
along-for-the-ride

I've Broken Myself

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Do talk to your doctor, Peg, about that muscle relaxant.

Bless your heart.

Take it easy. If you pass out here at ForumGarden, we all will catch you.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

CARLA;1320408 wrote: Boy glad it was only your leg OUCH...!! It could be your blood pressure, or blood sugar. Have some blood work done. Check out the side effect for the muscle relaxer you are taking google it and be careful..!! :-4
I have had more blood work done this week than I have in a lifetime!

kazalala;1320428 wrote: oh dear:thinking: sorry to hear about that Peg,, i broke my ankle in January and i couldn't believe how long it takes to get better, i still have bother with mine now and the doc told me it takes at least a whole year for bones to heal properly:-5 I learnt i didnt really like lying around getting waited on quite as much as i thought i would, and i also learnt i am the worlds worst patient, :lips:the hospital should thank its lucky stars i only had to stay in one day:o
I absolutely hate being waited on.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

I had to laugh when I saw the "Let's Dance" thread. I could do some serious damage stepping on someone's toes with this thing.
along-for-the-ride

I've Broken Myself

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Peg;1320470 wrote: I had to laugh when I saw the "Let's Dance" thread. I could do some serious damage stepping on someone's toes with this thing.

Ouch!:wah: I'm glad you visited my thread.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

I've Broken Myself

Post by Odie »

Peg;1320449 wrote: I did a google search and it does sound like the muscle relaxant could very well be the culprit so I quit taking it. I had an EEG, a dobler of the arteries in my neck, and a CAT scan. Everything was fine.

Good that you googled your muscle relaxer as those can interfere with medications and other things.

I use Robaxacet with codeine for my back and have to watch myself.
AussiePam

I've Broken Myself

Post by AussiePam »

Sorry to hear about your accident, Peg. I hope you're not in too much pain, and that you heel fast.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cars

I've Broken Myself

Post by cars »

Wow Peg, sorry to hear of your misfortune! It's good you decided to stay off those meds, if you find you really need a relaxer after all, tell you doc to prescribe a different med. Anyway, "19stairs" Oh Vey, better plan your day around that mountain!!!

Best wishes & good luck!!!
Cars :)
AussiePam

I've Broken Myself

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Cars and Happy Fourth of July.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cars

I've Broken Myself

Post by cars »

AussiePam;1320511 wrote: G'day Cars and Happy Fourth of July.

G'day back pretty lady, maybe we both can help Peg get up those "19 steps"!!
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

It's a struggle getting up the steps and down them too but I won't let that make me become a prisoner of my own home. I plan to go out like every other day, do as much as possible and make the climb worth while.
cars

I've Broken Myself

Post by cars »

Peg;1320531 wrote: It's a struggle getting up the steps and down them too but I won't let that make me become a prisoner of my own home. I plan to go out like every other day, do as much as possible and make the climb worth while.

I can only imagine your struggle. Luckily for me, I've never had a broken bone. But I have pulled leg muscles & tendons, and had great difficuly getting up our 6 steps, then a landing, and then another 6 steps. You have the right attitude, & spirit. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
Betty Boop

I've Broken Myself

Post by Betty Boop »

Youch Peg! Hope you're healed soon, I can imagine how frustrating being stuck in a cast must be!

Have your bones been checked, I just recall they were never sure whether my gran fell and broke her hip or if it just broke and then she fell because her bones were brittle, that involved passing out too. Seems they could never give us the exact sequence of events, although it does sound like your meds could have been at fault.

We'll have to all pop over and sign your cast, that's a big one to fill :wah: :-6:-4
JacksDad

I've Broken Myself

Post by JacksDad »

Peg;1320449 wrote: I did a google search and it does sound like the muscle relaxant could very well be the culprit so I quit taking it. I had an EEG, a dobler of the arteries in my neck, and a CAT scan. Everything was fine.

Good point. My new doctor took me off most of my meds and I feel much better. Some docs can be careless with prescriptions.

Hope all is well.
Odie

I've Broken Myself

Post by Odie »

Peg;1320531 wrote: It's a struggle getting up the steps and down them too but I won't let that make me become a prisoner of my own home. I plan to go out like every other day, do as much as possible and make the climb worth while.

It's a lot of steps Peg, be careful not to over due and have it swell.

Sounds like your feeling better today!
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

JacksDad;1320597 wrote: Good point. My new doctor took me off most of my meds and I feel much better. Some docs can be careless with prescriptions.

Hope all is well.
Good to see you here again!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

I've Broken Myself

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I've only just seen this thread - hope the pain is going and you're at least getting some mobility.

The very best wishes for a speedy recovery :-6
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

Welcome back Bryn! I'm getting around pretty well and the pain isn't too bad. I just really, really want this cast off!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

I've Broken Myself

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Peg;1321879 wrote: Welcome back Bryn! I'm getting around pretty well and the pain isn't too bad. I just really, really want this cast off!

Six weeks! And then start to build the mussle mass to get strength back into your leg.

This too will pass, just don't let it get to you and it will pass quicker - work around it rather than fight against it.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

I do. I'm getting really good at steps. I put things in my pockets to carry them where I want to put them. I've been using the garden, facebook, and coloring to pass the time. I wish I could figure out a way to work with this thing on so I don't go crazy from boredom.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

I've Broken Myself

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Peg;1321883 wrote: I do. I'm getting really good at steps. I put things in my pockets to carry them where I want to put them. I've been using the garden, facebook, and coloring to pass the time. I wish I could figure out a way to work with this thing on so I don't go crazy from boredom.

You'll cope - with an attitude like that you'll overcome any problems :-6
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

I went to the doctor today. All the bones are staying in place! Unfortunately, I'll have this cast on my full leg until at least Aug. 12. We're hoping then to get a shorter cast. I'm really relieved to know the bones have stayed in place.
flopstock

I've Broken Myself

Post by flopstock »

Peg;1322133 wrote: I went to the doctor today. All the bones are staying in place! Unfortunately, I'll have this cast on my full leg until at least Aug. 12. We're hoping then to get a shorter cast. I'm really relieved to know the bones have stayed in place.
You can do this Peg. Not like you have much choice, but it's under a month already~

We'll do our part to keep you distracted. We'll come up with something new for nomad to hurt every few days so that you can feel sorry for someone else.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

I've Broken Myself

Post by chonsigirl »

Time is passing, it will hopefully not be long until you can have the cast off.
Kathy Ellen

I've Broken Myself

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1322133 wrote: I went to the doctor today. All the bones are staying in place! Unfortunately, I'll have this cast on my full leg until at least Aug. 12. We're hoping then to get a shorter cast. I'm really relieved to know the bones have stayed in place.

That's great news Peg:-4

I know how hard it is for you to be so long in a cast, but cherish your free time from work for a bit.

I have 2 months off for the summer, and don't want to go back to work. Love being a free woman:-6
ZAP

I've Broken Myself

Post by ZAP »

Well, that's good news about the bones. So sorry you're going through this. I hope you're all better, soon.
Peg

I've Broken Myself

Post by Peg »

Kathy Ellen;1322185 wrote: That's great news Peg:-4

I know how hard it is for you to be so long in a cast, but cherish your free time from work for a bit.

I have 2 months off for the summer, and don't want to go back to work. Love being a free woman:-6
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't cast the whole leg. It wouldn't be so bad if I could clean house. I am just plain bored. I'm still reminding myself that it could be worse to make it through the next month.
cars

I've Broken Myself

Post by cars »

That's great news Peg!!! Luckily the bones have stayed in place without major surgery to "Pin" them in place! My mom is always falling down, (at least 9 or 10 times in the past two years( & every time she has major multiple breaks requiring extensive "pinning" to align the bones. Well for the last 8 or 9 months she has been taking Fosimax, and she just fell two times last week, and fortunately nothing broke, these times, just bad brusing!!! (So hoorah for Fosimax)

Return to “Members' News”