Question on Cancer??

mominiowa

Question on Cancer??

Post by mominiowa »

Hi- As a lot of you know I am battling cancer again - but this time it is different..I had 5 weeks of oral chemo and then when I went back to the Univerisity - they found more in my ureter. I recieved regional chemo in my tubes below my kidney..Strange thing..instead of my hair falling out - it is breaking off and leaving kind of a 5'oclock shadow..?? :thinking: Has this happened to you or do you know anyone? I should feel lucky but its quite itchy and I am tempted to just shave it all off..It looks damaged and in globs it just falls on my pillow, on the couch..Its driving me CRAZY...I almost liked it better shiny bald..:( (easier to wear my hats & wig)

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
lady cop

Question on Cancer??

Post by lady cop »

i have no personal experience with this, but i keep you in my thoughts, you are a brave lady!! ((((HUG)))) you are going through a terrible time and yet keep your humor. a strong lady!! you shall beat this i am sure. it's not my business, but if hats and wigs make you feel better then you should use them. :yh_flower :yh_flower :yh_flower
smithy87

Question on Cancer??

Post by smithy87 »

You brave soul ;)

Do whatever makes you feel comfy. If the itching is driving you mad and you want to lob it off, they make fantastic wigs these days. :)
john8pies

Question on Cancer??

Post by john8pies »

So sorry to hear about your cancer. You have my thoughts and sympathy, and I wish you all the very best with your current treatment. You are SO BRAVE to talk about this.
abbey

Question on Cancer??

Post by abbey »

Mom, i'm so sad to hear this news.

My Cousin is now on her 4th chemo treatment & every one affects her differently.

Each time she's lost her hair, and so now she just shaves it right off cos she found it too upsetting waking up & finding it on her pillow.

I sincerely hope that the treatment works & you beat that sucker x.
Philadelphia Eagle

Question on Cancer??

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Your'e obviously strong and brave, Mominiowa.

You have a woderful sense of humor and I'm sure that will bring you through this difficult time. I feel humbled by your fortitude.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
Jives

Question on Cancer??

Post by Jives »

You know, sometimes I think I have problems in my life, but then I read about someon like you. You have my utmost respect for your tough, perservering attitude. I will pray with all my heart for your recovery.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with what yo are talking about, but I'm with you, If it looks too funky, shave it all off. :-1
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
valerie

Question on Cancer??

Post by valerie »

You'll beat it, Mom, and we'll help any way we can!!

I have done some reading on chemo treatments and I was wondering,

does the place you go offer the ice bonnets for your head? I've heard

that they can be of some help...

But otherwise, do like Samantha Jones in Sex and the City. Bold

scarves and dangly beautiful earrings!!

Laugh all you can!! Visualize your body destroying cancer cells!!

Hang in there, we're rootin' for ya!!

:yh_clap

:yh_clap
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

abbey

Question on Cancer??

Post by abbey »

Jives wrote: You know, sometimes I think I have problems in my life, but then I read about someon like you. You have my utmost respect for your tough, perservering attitude. I will pray with all my heart for your recovery.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with what yo are talking about, but I'm with you, If it looks too funky, shave it all off. :-1John, what a truly lovely man you are x:-6
Jives

Question on Cancer??

Post by Jives »

abbey wrote: Jon, what a truly lovely man you are x:-6

Awwww...go on. You're making me blush.

(jives kicks absent-mindedly at the dust)

Besides, Abbey, it's nothing you wouldn't do yourself. You're the most empathic person here. ;)
mominiowa

Question on Cancer??

Post by mominiowa »

Hey there! Thanks - all of you! I made it a half day at work today - So I guess there will be no more all day posting for me! :) LC are you back to work yet?

I checked into the ice bonnets and they said I certainly could try one.. I go to a University - and I swear I have to ASK for everything.. The first time I was so sick- and they had given me a liquid to take to stop the vomiting - HAAAA...If I couldn't keep down water - how was I going to keep down that nasty stuff??? So a local DO gave me the cream for my wrists, becuase thats what they used in Utah for his mom...Different doctors and different ways of healing I guess...

But I will tell you- my youngest is 5 - and I have many years to watch him grow..so I am certainly never giving up...So if I am whiny -just tell me to BUCK UP.. :rolleyes: - Have a great day!!! and THANKS again..

Attached files

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

Jives

Question on Cancer??

Post by Jives »

mominiowa wrote: The first time I was so sick- and they had given me a liquid to take to stop the vomiting -.

I have some sick friends that inform me that mairjuana is an EXCELLENT anti-nausea drug. ;)

What a neat picture! You have a beautiful family! Very photogenic! You're no wallflower yourself! Woo-Woo!
mominiowa

Question on Cancer??

Post by mominiowa »

Hey thanks Jives - Funny thing about medical weed...They actaully tell you that. ButI tried that once in high school and all it did was put me to sleep.. :yh_sleep

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

abbey

Question on Cancer??

Post by abbey »

mominiowa wrote: Hey thanks Jives - Funny thing about medical weed...They actaully tell you that. ButI tried that once in high school and all it did was put me to sleep.. :yh_sleepSounds good to me luv....:yh_hypno
hotsauce

Question on Cancer??

Post by hotsauce »

I am just admiring your strength and ability to share during this time. Sending mucho good vibes your way!

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”