Yard work is back!

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1323550 wrote: and some more.........

from left to right:

white flox

goosenecks

shasta daisys

purple cone flowers

front of my house: garden & birdbath, middle garden is a golden rod shrub I just bought surrounded with red multch.

Odie,

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous. You work very hard to keep it beautiful. Good for you. Your hard work shows:-6
ZAP

Yard work is back!

Post by ZAP »

Beautiful garden, Odie. :-6

I wanted to go out and catch up on some gardening but while I was away a terrible wind came up and blew my shed over on top of my recycle bins. I keep the lawnmower, weed-whacker, wheelbarrow and my little gardening tools in there. The last time that happened (wind from a different direction) I had the gardening guys pick it up for me. This time my son in law said he'll do it tomorrow and anchor it down. Sheesh! You'd think those heavy things could hold it down.
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1323611 wrote: Odie,

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous. You work very hard to keep it beautiful. Good for you. Your hard work shows:-6

Thanks Kathy, it does take hard work as they are all perennials and need cutting down once the flowers have died.

I don't mind digging and planting, but I hate weeding every two weeks, that's a two hour back breaking job.:mad:

Now its your turn to post some of your garden~
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

ZAP;1323615 wrote: Beautiful garden, Odie. :-6

I wanted to go out and catch up on some gardening but while I was away a terrible wind came up and blew my shed over on top of my recycle bins. I keep the lawnmower, weed-whacker, wheelbarrow and my little gardening tools in there. The last time that happened (wind from a different direction) I had the gardening guys pick it up for me. This time my son in law said he'll do it tomorrow and anchor it down. Sheesh! You'd think those heavy things could hold it down.

Why thanks Zap!

oh my, winds that knocked over a shed must have really be high!

Great idea your son in law has to anchor it down.
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

:-6Odie;1323658 wrote: Thanks Kathy, it does take hard work as they are all perennials and need cutting down once the flowers have died.

I don't mind digging and planting, but I hate weeding every two weeks, that's a two hour back breaking job.:mad:

Now its your turn to post some of your garden~

I will post a few now Odie. I'll have to post them in a few posts as it seems that they're too large to post and it's hard to download them..not sure if it's because I have them in a file....oy vey....

I don't weed anymore because I just refuse to do it. It seems that I spent hours weeding, and the next day you saw the weeds sprouting again. I spray the weeds a few times during the week with roundup. Now, I have 2 lovely gentlemen who come every 2 wks and wack the weeds between the pavers, pluck the weeds from the stones and use the blower to clean up things. These men are wonderful and worth the small amount I pay them.
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I have very bad allergies and asthma, so I've had a company rip out my yard and put down pavers and stones. So, I'm into potted plants now as I have no dirt...yaaaaa...

Here's a few of my flowers and herbs....

Can't believe it says that my pictures are too large:confused: Now, I have to download them into photobucket to upload them....~~~~sigh~~~~
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Here's some of my flowers....

I have these flowers spread around my home.
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Here are my tommos and herbs.....

I have early girl tomatoes, sweet peppers, cayenne and jalapeno peppers, rosemary, basil, thyme, and tarragon. My sage died with the heat. Next year I'm going to plant strawberries in those upside down bags...they really work:-6
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Here's my yard....

chonsigirl

Yard work is back!

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, what a lovely garden and backyard, Kathy!
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1323706 wrote: Wow, what a lovely garden and backyard, Kathy!

Ahhhhh, Thank you Chonsi. I love sitting out in my yard, especially with coffee in the morning and a glass of port at night to search for comets.
chonsigirl

Yard work is back!

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, do you have a telescope to look up at the beautiful sky?
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1323706 wrote: Wow, what a lovely garden and backyard, Kathy!

Hi Chonsi,

Yes, I have a lovely telescope that I search the sky with always looking for comets and extra terrestrials.. Look at my post #59.
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1323690 wrote: :-6

I will post a few now Odie. I'll have to post them in a few posts as it seems that they're too large to post and it's hard to download them..not sure if it's because I have them in a file....oy vey....

I don't weed anymore because I just refuse to do it. It seems that I spent hours weeding, and the next day you saw the weeds sprouting again. I spray the weeds a few times during the week with roundup. Now, I have 2 lovely gentlemen who come every 2 wks and wack the weeds between the pavers, pluck the weeds from the stones and use the blower to clean up things. These men are wonderful and worth the small amount I pay them.

I have noticed we no longer need to wait to 'see' a pic, once its stopped spinning from the upload, its automatically done even though you won't see the pic, we also no longer need to click done...the pic is automatically there, just click preview post, that's how I did all my garden shots, then came back to say what they were in order as then I could see them.

I must check to see if they sell Round up here, as they no longer sell harsh weed chemicals, so thanks for the tip.

That is just wonderful to have them come and do the weed wacking for you, I hate doing it every week, especially with all the rocks around the gardens, plus its heavy carrying it around.
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1323696 wrote: Here's some of my flowers....

I have these flowers spread around my home.

I recognize all of them, we have the same annuals here, million bells, petunias and new guinea impatients.

I love the pavers by your hanging basket, and all your plants!:guitarist

They all look spectacular and full of summer colour!
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1323701 wrote: Here are my tommos and herbs.....

I have early girl tomatoes, sweet peppers, cayenne and jalapeno peppers, rosemary, basil, thyme, and tarragon. My sage died with the heat. Next year I'm going to plant strawberries in those upside down bags...they really work:-6

Oh wow, you vegetables look fantasitic! Your tomtoes are already nice and red......mine are still green.

You will be set for all kinds of cooking as you love to cook!

Kathy Ellen;1323702 wrote: Here's my yard....

Oh I just adore your yard! The stones were a fabulous idea and it shows so well!

Awesome telescope for night viewing of your stars.:guitarist

nice BBQ and beach hut.

yours shows pride of ownership.:-6
Kathy Ellen

Yard work is back!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1323721 wrote: I recognize all of them, we have the same annuals here, million bells, petunias and new guinea impatients.

I love the pavers by your hanging basket, and all your plants!:guitarist

They all look spectacular and full of summer colour!

Ahhhhh, Thanks Odie.

I'm just loving spending time around my home now that I have the summer off. I couldn't post my other pics from my computer because FG said that my pics were too large and wouldn't allow me to post them. I had to download them to photobucket which is great because they have bulk downloading now which takes only moments.

I love your gardening. It's really lovely.
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1323701 wrote: Here are my tommos and herbs.....

Kathy Ellen;1323727 wrote: Ahhhhh, Thanks Odie.

I'm just loving spending time around my home now that I have the summer off. I couldn't post my other pics from my computer because FG said that my pics were too large and wouldn't allow me to post them. I had to download them to photobucket which is great because they have bulk downloading now which takes only moments.

I love your gardening. It's really lovely.

I had no idea the strawberry's worked so well like that...I'm wondering about my birds and squirrels eating them.

Its great you are a teacher and have the summer enjoying it, that's what its all about.

I can see you late at night, looking through your telescope.......

How I wish we lived closer.:yh_cry
Peg

Yard work is back!

Post by Peg »

I LOVE your back yard Kathy!
Peg

Yard work is back!

Post by Peg »

chonsigirl;1323610 wrote: You have a gem of a husband!

Yes, I do. I am very grateful and lucky.
Odie

Yard work is back!

Post by Odie »

c'mon everyone, I showed you my gardens, now lets see yours.:guitarist
Flormalabar

Yard work is back!

Post by Flormalabar »

hahah Fubar, that is very true.. I live in france and for me "yard work" is actually relaxing... except whenmy shovel breaks in my hand..

I love gardening, it relaxes me, i can think say what I want... Its my thing... my mother was the same way.. she loved doing laundry, iron and garden (and trust me she had nothing of a typical housewife).. it were the only moments that whenmy brothers and I would see my mother doingthem, we wouldnt bother her...

So back to my tinsy little problem... my shovel broke (a small one)while I was weeding out my little garden... I wanted some advice.. What should i buy?I need something solid, of course, and none of that plastic cr*p (pardon my french :D) I saw these online [link removed] Gardening shovel and I wanted some advice..

what do you guys use?

Thanks everyone!!!have a great day!

Return to “Gardening Forum”