How do you add a custom avatar?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

If I do not want to use one of the pre-set avatars how do I add one of my own?
spot

Post by spot »

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Oldschoolguy;1301420 wrote: If I do not want to use one of the pre-set avatars how do I add one of my own?

You have to become a supporting member first. Go Into your private messages and then click on 'Subscriptions' on the left hand side. You can pay by Pay Pal and then as soon as that's done, you can upload your own Avatar from your pics on your PC.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oldschoolguy

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Thanks!
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

hmmmm...so are we allowed custom sigs for free?
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

spot

Post by spot »

No, that and the increased number of PMs stored are the main carrots on the supporters stick.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1301480 wrote: hmmmm...so are we allowed custom sigs for free?

certainly you can.

as you can see, others have them, so bring in on.:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

This should be fun then.

Go on Odie, how does one do it? All the smart money says it's not an option on FG.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1301624 wrote: This should be fun then.

Go on Odie, how does one do it? All the smart money says it's not an option on FG.

do you always have to be such a smart-$$$?

so why is it that other non-supporting members have a signature?
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

spot;1301624 wrote:

how does one do it? .

took about 15 seconds...............and i think 10 of those was waiting for the upload :D
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Well done beowulf, I see confusion was around last night, like Spot I read beowulf's request as an avatar up load not a signature :wah:
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Betty Boop;1301650 wrote: Well done beowulf,

thanks...........i do have the habit of changing sigs every few days :D

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1301650 wrote: Well done beowulf, I see confusion was around last night, like Spot I read beowulf's request as an avatar up load not a signature :wah:

there was no confusion on your part, Spot said non-supporting members could not use signatures:yh_rotfl

and I guarantee he won't be back to apologize to me, because when he is wrong about something, he never comes back to a thread!:wah:

hey beowulf, your sigy is so funny!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1301624 wrote: This should be fun then.

This should be fun then.

go on Spot, how does one do it?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1301697 wrote: there was no confusion on your part, Spot said non-supporting members could not use signatures:yh_rotfl

and I guarantee he won't be back to apologize to me, because when he is wrong about something, he never comes back to a thread!:wah:

There was confusion on my part because I did read it wrong, I didn't bother to post because what I would have said had already been posted. No point in having two posts saying the exact same thing :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:rolleyes:
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1301697 wrote: there was no confusion on your part, Spot said non-supporting members could not use signatures:yh_rotfl

I'd forgotten sigs even existed, I've never had them turned on to view. The thread's about "How do you add a custom avatar", the topic switch to sigs went completely over my head. You're quite right about sigs, I missed the point of beowulf's question entirely.

As for why I was puzzled by your reply and queried it the answer's simple (though I had to go to my email copy of the thread to check) - once again and as so often happens, you edited your post to a completely different content and meaning after I'd replied to it. I can't begin to count the number of times you do that. It's not what the edit button's for.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1301746 wrote:

went completely over my head

I missed the point as so often happens

For posterity.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Nomad;1301991 wrote: For posterity.

You see that long rubber hose over in the corner, Nomie? And the bucket of warm greasy water? Lie back on this trolley for a while and fit your feet into these stirrups...
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1301992 wrote: You see that long rubber hose over in the corner, Nomie? And the bucket of warm greasy water? Lie back on this trolley for a while and fit your feet into these stirrups...

Actually this was recently done. With an intravenous drip Ill have to admit the experience was quite pleasant.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”