Cell phone etiquette

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

My gripe/question is not about talking on the phone. It is about playing games on the phone while with another person, spouse, etc., while out for a fun evening. Last night the wife and I went out for dinner and a concert. While waiting for our food to arrive I walked up to check on our order. When I got back the wife is playing Solitaire. (She just got a new iPhone and found out she can play Solitaire.) She says, "Well you got up so I started playing." When the food was ready she stopped and we ate. Then, we went to a concert at a local venue. During the first acoustic act I look over and she is playing Solitaire again. I asked her if she was bored and she said no. After about 10 minutes I ask her if she could at least turn off the sound effects on the game and she does, but continues to play. I then ask her nicely to stop playing and pay attention to the band. She finally lays down the phone and I thank her for doing so. A little while later I come back with our drinks and she is back at it. I joke with her that Solitaire, by virtue of the name, is supposed to be played when you are alone, bored, and have nothing else to do. She says she can enjoy the show and play solitaire too. She keeps on playing. I reach over a couple times and touch the screen and mess up her cards just to get her attention. We both laugh or smile, but she does not stop playing, even after I repeatedly ask her to.

After awhile I just take my drink and walk out to the stage area and leave her to play solitaire alone. As the show is winding down, I go back to our table and get my coat and tell her we are leaving. We go out to the car and don't talk the whole way home. This morning we "discuss" the matter. She thinks I am looking at it as a "you weren't paying enough attention to me" issue. I see it as rude and childish that she chose playing solitaire over enjoying a concert, even when she knew it was bothering me. So, who is right here? :thinking:
Kathy Ellen

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Guy,

Welcome to the garden. Hope you have a nice stay here.

I believe that you are absolutely right, but I wouldn't fight with the wife over it. Hopefully, it is a phase she's going through. She'll probably get bored with it. It's like a new toy to her and hopefully she'll stop.

I'm addicted to the internet and have to bring my laptop on holidays with me. But, I don't log on when I'm with people.

I really hate how some people act on their cell phones. I went out to dinner with a good friend a few nights ago to catch up as we haven't seen each other in a year.

We sat down at our table in a lovely restaurant and her cell phone began to ring....1st the hubby, then the kids...yada ...yada...

After the 6th phone call. I said good night and left.

Have a heart to heart with your wife and tell her that it's rude.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Thanks KE. I spoke to her briefly this morning. She believes it is a matter of me wanting her undivided attention. I told her it wasn't that, it is rude to play with her cell phone be it talking on it, playing a game or anything else when we are out together. I asked her if she would play Solitaire if she was at lunch with people from work or out with her sisters. She said she might. Right....

I hope she gets bored with it soon. I had told her before she bought the iPhone that it was just a toy. She is now proving me right.

Thanks for the advice. We have been married 33 years. Seems like a really dumb thing to be arguing over. But as they say, you teach people how to treat you.

Wonder what she would think if I brought a book and a flashlight the next time we go to a movie....:thinking:

(And, it was supposed to be Oldschoolguy. Don't know how to fix it yet. LOL)
G#Gill

Cell phone etiquette

Post by G#Gill »

I expect he already has had a heart to heart with his wife already, Kathy, but as you say, at the moment it is a novelty so unfortunately she will have to get it out of her system, and poor OSG will just have to be patient. I'm sure she will recover shortly ! :wah: ;) It certainly isn't worth having a major row about it I'm sure. As you say Kathy - a kid with a new toy. I think we've all been there, I certainly have both as the 'kid' and as the 'victim' :) Try to be patient with the 'kid' OSG. If it takes longer than you'd hoped, just get one for yourself and you start playing solitaire when she wants your attention, or go and read the paper and get absorbed in it so you don't notice that she is talking to you. :sneaky: :D What's sauce for the goose and all that !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Cell phone etiquette

Post by G#Gill »

Oldshoolguy;1293363 wrote: Thanks KE. I spoke to her briefly this morning. She believes it is a matter of me wanting her undivided attention. I told her it wasn't that, it is rude to play with her cell phone be it talking on it, playing a game or anything else when we are out together. I asked her if she would play Solitaire if she was at lunch with people from work or out with her sisters. She said she might. Right....

I hope she gets bored with it soon. I had told her before she bought the iPhone that it was just a toy. She is now proving me right.

Thanks for the advice. We have been married 33 years. Seems like a really dumb thing to be arguing over. But as they say, you teach people how to treat you.

Wonder what she would think if I brought a book and a flashlight the next time we go to a movie....:thinking:

(And, it was supposed to be Oldschoolguy. Don't know how to fix it yet. LOL)

OSG, I think, if you click on 'contact us' right at the bottom of the page here, and briefly explain to Admin what has happened and please could they change it for you to 'Oldschoolguy', I'm sure they would understand and do it for you.

As I am a moderator, I did try to do it myself, for you, but I wasn't able to unfortunately.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Thanks to you both. Looks like the consensus is, be patient.

I need to work on that anyhow, so this will be a good test.

I do feel bad however. I broke one of my own rules of etiquette as we were leaving the concert.

My rule is: Never walk ahead of my wife and make her walk behind. Always walk with her. I ALWAYS open the car door for her and help her out and then walk with her, not lead her like a dog. I hate it when I see other people do it, and I vowed to never do that as it is very direspectful. I have not done it in as long as I can remember.

But, last night I kinda broke my own rule. I hate when I do that.... :-5

( I did open the door for her when we got to the car, even though I was a little upset. )

All this over a stupid iPhone......:confused:
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

G#Gill;1293366 wrote: OSG, I think, if you click on 'contact us' right at the bottom of the page here, and briefly explain to Admin what has happened and please could they change it for you to 'Oldschoolguy', I'm sure they would understand and do it for you.

As I am a moderator, I did try to do it myself, for you, but I wasn't able to unfortunately.

G#, Thanks for trying. I sent a message to the moderator and hopefully they can fix.

Oldschoolguy....:D
Bruv

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Bruv »

It could be the 33 year itch ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Bruv;1293416 wrote: It could be the 33 year itch ?

:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Cell phone etiquette

Post by chonsigirl »

I would text her with my cell phone while she was playing, put her off her game for awhile at least..................:wah:

I think it is rude, and she should put it away. But then, I turn off my phone after a certain time anyway-miss some emergencies, but then, I don't live by cell phones alone. (or regular phones, guess I like it quiet in the evenings now)

Welcome to the garden Old School.
Oscar Namechange

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Oldshoolguy;1293349 wrote: My gripe/question is not about talking on the phone. It is about playing games on the phone while with another person, spouse, etc., while out for a fun evening. Last night the wife and I went out for dinner and a concert. While waiting for our food to arrive I walked up to check on our order. When I got back the wife is playing Solitaire. (She just got a new iPhone and found out she can play Solitaire.) She says, "Well you got up so I started playing." When the food was ready she stopped and we ate. Then, we went to a concert at a local venue. During the first acoustic act I look over and she is playing Solitaire again. I asked her if she was bored and she said no. After about 10 minutes I ask her if she could at least turn off the sound effects on the game and she does, but continues to play. I then ask her nicely to stop playing and pay attention to the band. She finally lays down the phone and I thank her for doing so. A little while later I come back with our drinks and she is back at it. I joke with her that Solitaire, by virtue of the name, is supposed to be played when you are alone, bored, and have nothing else to do. She says she can enjoy the show and play solitaire too. She keeps on playing. I reach over a couple times and touch the screen and mess up her cards just to get her attention. We both laugh or smile, but she does not stop playing, even after I repeatedly ask her to.

After awhile I just take my drink and walk out to the stage area and leave her to play solitaire alone. As the show is winding down, I go back to our table and get my coat and tell her we are leaving. We go out to the car and don't talk the whole way home. This morning we "discuss" the matter. She thinks I am looking at it as a "you weren't paying enough attention to me" issue. I see it as rude and childish that she chose playing solitaire over enjoying a concert, even when she knew it was bothering me. So, who is right here? :thinking:

You are not alone by far.

I hate mobile phones with a passion but my girlfriends seem to have an urge to pick them up and check for messages every minute of the day.

I have a close friend who Is addicted to the games on his phone. Very often I am talking to him while he Is oblivious and carries on playing. My answer Is to just walk away. Then they ask where you are going. When I have their un-divided attention again, I will return.

You could try that with your wife. She will I hope see the amount of times you say nothing but walk away from her and realise how rude she Is being.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Thanks to all who have responded.

I even talked to my wife's sister yesterday and she said she had run into the same problem with her husband. He asked her to put the phone away while she was in the car with him and she immediately did. She said she could not imagine upsetting him over a silly phone.

Hmmm....:thinking:
Oscar Namechange

Cell phone etiquette

Oldshoolguy;1293476 wrote: Thanks to all who have responded.

I even talked to my wife's sister yesterday and she said she had run into the same problem with her husband. He asked her to put the phone away while she was in the car with him and she immediately did. She said she could not imagine upsetting him over a silly phone.

Hmmm....:thinking: The problem these days are mobile phones are not just phones any more, My friend has just up-dated hers and now she has got sat nav as well as Internet, games, shopping on line etc etc. Very soon they will be able to wash the dishes and feed the cat.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

oscar;1293477 wrote: The problem these days are mobile phones are not just phones any more, My friend has just up-dated hers and now she has got sat nav as well as Internet, games, shopping on line etc etc. Very soon they will be able to wash the dishes and feed the cat.

Anyone read Stephen King's "Cell"?

I honestly wonder how we got along with out cell phones for the last 20 years....

(That last line was supposed to be sarcasm.):rolleyes:

Oldschoolguy
Oscar Namechange

Cell phone etiquette

Oldshoolguy;1293482 wrote: Anyone read Stephen King's "Cell"?

I honestly wonder how we got along with out cell phones for the last 20 years....

Oldschoolguy
Oh I yearn for the days before phones, pc's, even Tv's. If I had the money, I would re-locate to an Island off the Coast of Scotland and rear Sheep and goats.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

oscar;1293484 wrote: Oh I yearn for the days before phones, pc's, even Tv's. If I had the money, I would re-locate to an Island off the Coast of Scotland and rear Sheep and goats.

I totally agree. I have a cell phone but forget to turn it on half the time. I don't text unless I absolutely have to. And I never even answer the phone at home after work. We have "caller ignore" installed on our home phone. At least that's what I call it.

Oldschoolguy:yh_peace
Oscar Namechange

Cell phone etiquette

Oldshoolguy;1293487 wrote: I totally agree. I have a cell phone but forget to turn it on half the time. I don't text unless I absolutely have to. And I never even answer the phone at home after work. We have "caller ignore" installed on our home phone. At least that's what I call it.

Oldschoolguy:yh_peace I must be OldschoolGal :wah:

My husband often asks:

Where's your phone? Why is It switched Off? Do you know you you have unread texts and missed calls?.... Yes, I do... but I don't care.

I find the phone an Invasion of privacy. Our Father had a very strict rule as we were growing up that you did not phone any-one after 9 pm or before 9 am. We're all adults now but we still stick to that rule. I have caller ID display at home and my family have a ring code. For example, my brother rings the phone twice, cuts off and calls back. My sisters ring once and cut off.

Unfortunately, I deal with local police alot In our community and they phone me with up-dates. The police always come up as number with-held but I have to answer Incase It's them. Then I find some pakistani on the line trying to sell me another phone. :-5
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I agree Oldschool G..., I mean Oscar.

I remember as a kid and long distance calls were costly, when we got home from a relative's house we would ring them once and hang up to let them know we made it home safely.

And I remember finding a car off in the ditch once and having to walk for miles to find someone home that would call a wrecker. But, we did it and all without a phone connected to our hip.

Has it been so long that we have forgotten how to survive without all these phones? Or, how annoying it can be to be accessible 24/7? :confused:

Oldschoolguy.....
Oscar Namechange

Cell phone etiquette

Oldshoolguy;1293495 wrote: I agree Oldschool G..., I mean Oscar.

I remember as a kid and long distance calls were costly, when we got home from a relative's house we would ring them once and hang up to let them know we made it home safely.

And I remember finding a car off in the ditch once and having to walk for miles to find someone home that would call a wrecker. But, we did it and all without a phone connected to our hip.

Has it been so long that we have forgotten how to survive without all these phones? Or, how annoying it can be to be accessible 24/7? :confused:

Oldschoolguy.....
OMG.. You do that too? Yep, we still do that. My parents are gone now but my bro's and sis's.. we all ring twice on getting home safely.

I find being that accessible rather selfish. With mobile phones, you are expected to drop what-ever your doing and respond to the Immediately and that's why I don't.

I also dispise the people who shout Into their mobile phone on buses, trains and In the street. They shout Into the phone because they truely believe that every pedestrian or fellow traveller Is actually Interested In their dreary little life.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

oscar;1293496 wrote: OMG.. You do that too? Yep, we still do that. My parents are gone now but my bro's and sis's.. we all ring twice on getting home safely.

I find being that accessible rather selfish. With mobile phones, you are expected to drop what-ever your doing and respond to the Immediately and that's why I don't.

I also dispise the people who shout Into their mobile phone on buses, trains and In the street. They shout Into the phone because they truely believe that every pedestrian or fellow traveller Is actually Interested In their dreary little life.

Yeah, it really boils down to which is more important, a real living, breathing, person in front of you or a call from someone else, or in my case a kids game.

If you answer the phone or play a game you are literally saying that that living breathing person there with you is NOT as important as some phone call.

How can that be taken any way except rude?

A lady came into the lobby where I work and was talking loudly (on her cell phone)about some obvious personal issue. She continued to discuss the issue oblivious to the people around her. As she started to leave I said rather loudly, "Wait, you can't leave now. We want to know how it turns out!" LOL

Yeah, I'm a smart alec.....:lips:

Oldschoolguy
Peg

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Peg »

chonsigirl;1293437 wrote: I would text her with my cell phone while she was playing, put her off her game for awhile at least..................:wah:

I really like that idea!
Saint_

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Saint_ »

Interestingly, this just came up on Yahoo today:

How much connectivity, and in what capacity, is appropriate? As alluring as digital immediacy can be, there are some rules of etiquette that, when applied, show you are the savvy, polite Digital Ager you were meant to be.

7 Signs You're an Internet Addict

1. When having a face-to-face appointment, put your BlackBerry aside. Scrolling through your e-mail while your partner is trying to communicate with you is not only unproductive, it is plain rude. If now is not a good time, reschedule at a time when you can give your full attention.

2. Let it go to voice mail. As hard as it may be, if it’s not an emergency, call the person back when your meeting is done. Better yet, turn off your phone during your meeting to avoid further distraction.

3. Return text messages. You may choose a different form of communication, but if the person is reaching out to you, reach back.

A Real End to Texting While Driving?

4. Don’t air your dirty laundry in public. Don’t talk loudly on your mobile phone in enclosed public spaces. You may be excited about the topic, but that doesn’t mean others on the bus or in the restaurant share your enthusiasm. Fifty-one percent of Americans actually find it rude for someone to be speaking on their cell while they’re seated next to you in public, according to the results of a Rasmussen Reports poll published in September 2009. If you must answer, excuse yourself and go to the bathroom.

5. Ask if it is OK to answer your phone. You will score huge points with the person you are with if you show you care.

We need to grow with technology. That means remembering our manners while we enjoy our broader connections. Not every country observes the same rules of etiquette, so if you travel internationally with your mobile device, be sure you are informed as to what is considered proper behavior, and what’s not. In Japan, for instance, it is impolite to use your mobile in any capacity on public transportation.

New Text-Messaging Guidelines

The final rule of thumb: If you have to ask yourself whether it’s OK, it probably isn’t. Just because you are a stealth texter doesn’t mean you need to answer your best friend right away. Besides, she’ll understand. An old-fashioned post-date gab with your girlfriend in private is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
gmc

Cell phone etiquette

Post by gmc »

[QUOTE]Ask if it is OK to answer your phone. You will score huge points with the person you are with if you show you care.

I was in a business meeting-my phone went off I picked it up, apologised for forgetting to turn it, did so and continued with the meeting. After i got the business the client told me why- a rival bidder had been in a meeting with him-his phone went off he picked it up said do you mind if I take this-he threw him out on his ear-if the phone call was more important than a meeting with him what level of service could he expect from a supplier that couldn't be bothered giving his full attention, not to mention basic courtesy, to a prospective customer.

If you're in a meeting, concert or cinema turn it off, the only exception might be a doctor or the like on call.
K.Snyder

Cell phone etiquette

Post by K.Snyder »

Dude, it's a new phone! Let her play it ffs!

Well,..that's my stance on the matter
bne1

Cell phone etiquette

Post by bne1 »

What really annoys me is when I go into a local shop and the shopkeeper is on a mobile phone jabbering away in urdu or hindi and serving is the last thing on their mind.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Well, she came home Sunday from her sisters and apologized for being inconsiderate and so far I have not seen her as much as make a call on the cell.

So, things are good for now. Thanks to all who leant an ear.

Muchos gracias.

Oldschoolguy. :D
G#Gill

Cell phone etiquette

Post by G#Gill »

Oh good show ! You just enjoy the peaceful break! Hey, go get her a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates as a 'thank you'. That will make her feel that she is appreciated, but be prepared for a relapse - it is possible ! :) :-6
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

G#Gill;1293959 wrote: Oh good show ! You just enjoy the peaceful break! Hey, go get her a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates as a 'thank you'. That will make her feel that she is appreciated, but be prepared for a relapse - it is possible ! :) :-6

Thanks G#G, I will steady myself for the relapse. So far so good. Hah!

We have another date tomorrow night! Wish me luck.

Oldschoolguy....;)
G#Gill

Cell phone etiquette

Post by G#Gill »

Oldshoolguy;1294118 wrote: Thanks G#G, I will steady myself for the relapse. So far so good. Hah!

We have another date tomorrow night! Wish me luck.

Oldschoolguy....;)

Oh you'll be OK ! You sound a nice guy, and patient. I expect she will appreciate you making the effort to be patient with her and will make the effort to 'ration' her playing those games.

Hey, how about getting her a single red rose to put at her place in the restaurant (if that is where you will be going). Did you get her a bunch of flowers or box of chocs btw?

It's alright OSG, I'm just being a bit sloppy :D Good luck for your date ! We will require a blow-by-blow account of the evening, you know ! :D ;) :-6
Bryn Mawr

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1294121 wrote: Oh you'll be OK ! You sound a nice guy, and patient. I expect she will appreciate you making the effort to be patient with her and will make the effort to 'ration' her playing those games.

Hey, how about getting her a single red rose to put at her place in the restaurant (if that is where you will be going). Did you get her a bunch of flowers or box of chocs btw?

It's alright OSG, I'm just being a bit sloppy :D Good luck for your date ! We will require a blow-by-blow account of the evening, you know ! :D ;) :-6

Excuse me! This is a family forum you know :p
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Bryn Mawr;1294311 wrote: Excuse me! This is a family forum you know :p

Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are!:yh_rotfl

(I thought that myself at first, but didn't want to say anything.):o
dubs

Cell phone etiquette

Post by dubs »

Oldshoolguy;1293482 wrote: Anyone read Stephen King's "Cell"?

Oldschoolguy

Oh yes, I read that. I didn't use my phone for a week afterwards...:wah: Welcome to the forum BTW

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
G#Gill

Cell phone etiquette

Post by G#Gill »

I really think that the police should be more vigilant concerning drivers using mobiles whilst they are driving. I nearly got smashed up by a 4 x 4 Landrover which veered across the front of me. I had a car full of children at the time and I had to do an emergency stop. The woman driver decided to change direction whilst going round a traffic island, and she didn't see me in a Ford Sierra, because she was holding the phone to her ear and effectively blocking her view of anything to her right ! I couldn't get her number as she disappeared so damn fast, but had I been without those children I would have followed her. Sorry to say it was a woman driver, and that really erks me, as I am proud to be a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists and a woman driver.
Odie

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Odie »

problem is here, there are just not enough police as our population is 5.5 million and that's just in Toronto, they are far far to busy to stop cell phone users.

what they should do is recruit people to do it for them.

I'd do it.
Life is just to short for drama.
gmc

Cell phone etiquette

Post by gmc »

G#Gill;1294371 wrote: I really think that the police should be more vigilant concerning drivers using mobiles whilst they are driving. I nearly got smashed up by a 4 x 4 Landrover which veered across the front of me. I had a car full of children at the time and I had to do an emergency stop. The woman driver decided to change direction whilst going round a traffic island, and she didn't see me in a Ford Sierra, because she was holding the phone to her ear and effectively blocking her view of anything to her right ! I couldn't get her number as she disappeared so damn fast, but had I been without those children I would have followed her. Sorry to say it was a woman driver, and that really erks me, as I am proud to be a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists and a woman driver.

I'd agree with you there-never mind speed cameras I would rather see more traffic cars and these pillocks losing their licence. I've lost count of the number of times someone has swung out in front of me on a motorway while on a phone or you meet them on a single carriageway on your side of the road coming towards you one hand on the wheel completely oblivious as to the fact they've drifted across the road. personally i would ban hands free as well.
Saint_

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Saint_ »

Hands free is similar to talking to someone who is in the car with you, so I have no problem with that. I usually put mine on speaker and lay it on the seat next to me. (That's when I get a call in the car which is very rare.)
gmc

Cell phone etiquette

Post by gmc »

Saint_;1294619 wrote: Hands free is similar to talking to someone who is in the car with you, so I have no problem with that. I usually put mine on speaker and lay it on the seat next to me. (That's when I get a call in the car which is very rare.)

IMO it's not. If someone is in the car with you they can see what is happening and stop talking if something is happening. It's not just the holding of the phone but the call itself that distracts people as their concentration is taken up by dealing with tjhe call itself.

Depends which study you look at of course.

Safety council urges ban on cell phone use while driving - CNN.com

you have to laugh

The council's news release did not mention that the study's authors calculated the value of the telephone calls made while driving and concluded that "the value of preventing crashes caused by cell-phone use while driving is approximately equal to the value of the calls that would be eliminated by a ban."

So if you are hit by a druiver using a phone at least you know his call was just as valuable as the risk to your life.

Mobile phone use doesn't cause more car crashes: US study - Cars

The Highway Loss Data Institute, a non-profit organisation funded by the auto insurance industry, compared monthly collision claims in four states that have banned handheld mobile phone use before and after the bans took effect.

colour me cynical but in the UK if you are in an accident and it comes out you were using a mobile phone and caused it the company might pay damage to any other driver but you've got a problem getting your own damage paid, if the police are involved you're looking at charges of dangerous driving. No driver is going to admit they caused an accident by being on the phone.

My nephew just had the car he bought on the 30th December written off-a driver went in to the back of him when he stopped at a roundabout-guess what the other driver was doing at the time.

Maybe in the states your roads aren't as congested as ours and it seems less of a problem but it causes a lot of accidents. I've avoided quite a few myself just be watching out for these pillocks.
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Oldshoolguy;1293349 wrote: My gripe/question is not about talking on the phone. It is about playing games on the phone while with another person, spouse, etc., blah, blah, blah. :thinking:

So, her sister talked to her (don't know WHAT she said to the wifey, but it musta been good) and she has not used the cell phone at all around me except for an occasional call.

Whew! Thanks Sis-in-law!

And we all lived happily ever after. The End.

Or is it? :-3
K.Snyder

Cell phone etiquette

Post by K.Snyder »

I agree cell phones have no business in vehicles

The sad part is that by merely creating a law that prohibits the use of cell phones in operating motor vehicles we can actually curb it's use somewhat as opposed to doing nothing at all. :thinking: :yh_tired

As if over 50 years of not mandating seat belts to be worn wasn't enough! :yh_tired
Kathy Ellen

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I arrived at the beach very late yesterday and most people were off to dress for dinner. So I kinda had the beach to myself.

This woman walked down to the shoreline of the beach, stood in front of me, and talked on her cell phone for an hour. There was no one on the beach and she had to stand in front of me???????

I finally had to move. Then she kept pacing back and forth yelling into her phone. I'd had it by this time, and told her that if she kept walking in front of me, yelling into her phone, that I'd throw it into the bloody sea.

She said, "F you.....you're rude" and walked away:wah:
Oldschoolguy

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Kathy Ellen;1300412 wrote: I arrived at the beach very late yesterday and most people were off to dress for dinner. So I kinda had the beach to myself.

This woman walked down to the shoreline of the beach, stood in front of me, and talked on her cell phone for an hour. There was no one on the beach and she had to stand in front of me???????

I finally had to move. Then she kept pacing back and forth yelling into her phone. I'd had it by this time, and told her that if she kept walking in front of me, yelling into her phone, that I'd throw it into the bloody sea.

She said, "F you.....you're rude" and walked away:wah:

You should have followed her around, shouting "What happens NEXT"?:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Cell phone etiquette

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oldshoolguy;1300417 wrote: You should have followed her around, shouting "What happens NEXT"?:wah:

:yh_rotfl I'll try that sometime and let you know and let you know if someone bops me over the head:wah:

Tombstone hasn't changed your user name yet????? He musn't be around.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”