God's Rottweiler

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

Oh, I get it. This is the beginning of yet another "let's beat up on the Catholics" series of threads. :(
gmc

God's Rottweiler

Post by gmc »

hoppy;1287662 wrote: Oh, I get it. This is the beginning of yet another "let's beat up on the Catholics" series of threads. :(

The pope has managed to stir up sectarianism just at the point when it was dying out. You live in a secular country because the catholic church lost the religious war several hundred years ago and the divine right of kings went out the window at about the same time. It matters a great deal that he should keep out of things like this. He needs to move with the times and accept that people are more tolerant of others and differing lifestyles and will not accept some religious leader telling them what they should think and how they should act.

This is a catholic church leader trying to interfere in the politics of a protestant country- he is stirring up old arguments that were best left alone. next he will be calling for a crusade against islam. The day he takes action against paedophiles in his own church might be the day has has any claim to moral authority.
gmc

God's Rottweiler

Post by gmc »

hoppy;1287662 wrote: Oh, I get it. This is the beginning of yet another "let's beat up on the Catholics" series of threads. :(

Come to think of it why should there not be a thread criticising Catholics or any religion? Are you suggesting they should not be allowed or something?
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

gmc;1287804 wrote: Come to think of it why should there not be a thread criticising Catholics or any religion? Are you suggesting they should not be allowed or something?

Yeah, I guess when you are #1 you are bound to have enemies.:)
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

Ian;1287836 wrote: This is not about criticising religion, I'm criticising the pope, I'm also criticising those with good will and a positive belief system who say nothing.

It's so easy for people to play that card and bury their heads in the sand..

My Mother is a Catholic so the argument that Hoppy suggest is absurd, and ignorant, I am not attacking him or his beliefs. I'm criticising the guy who is doing more to hurt his faith than I or any thread on FG will ever do.

Of course no one should blame you for helping spread the hate.:(
gmc

God's Rottweiler

Post by gmc »

hoppy;1287832 wrote: Yeah, I guess when you are #1 you are bound to have enemies.:)

That didn't make any sense to me does #1 mean something or is it a typo?

posted by ian

This is not about criticising religion, I'm criticising the pope, I'm also criticising those with good will and a positive belief system who say nothing.

It's so easy for people to play that card and bury their heads in the sand..

My Mother is a Catholic so the argument that Hoppy suggest is absurd, and ignorant, I am not attacking him or his beliefs. I'm criticising the guy who is doing more to hurt his faith than I or any thread on FG will ever do.

Perhaps you are not criticising religion not but why should it even be an issue if you were and why should the pope and Catholicism somehow be untouchable or any other religion come to that?

One of the things that concerns me is the way religion is re-exerting itself and religious leaders feel they have a right to interfere. We now have both parties arguing for more faith schools. I consider them incredibly divisive and find it appalling that we are letting sectarianism creep back in to our lives. Only religion would claim a god given right to discriminate and teach hatred is OK and be puzzled as to why people find it offensive.
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

Ian;1287867 wrote: You are just a idiot.. post elsewhere and stop fishing in a puddle..

If you can stand there like a mentally challenged chimp and throw sh!t everywhere, then I will exercise my right to be an idiot.:)
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

Ian;1287871 wrote: I feel sorry that you feel this way but please move on...

You move on.:p
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

Ian;1287877 wrote: Ladies before gents :)

You still here?:yh_rotfl
gmc

God's Rottweiler

Post by gmc »

Ian;1287864 wrote: I just don't think FG is the right place to go into such a debate,

people take things personally and you end up confused :confused:

If not an open discussion forum then where is the right sort of place? Those who don't like their belief being called in to questioned don't have to take part or even read the posts. I don't end up confused but if a religious protagonist ends up confused and actually thinking then they are on their way to enlightenment.

What I find offensive is that because some religious people take it personally that not all share their belief system that they should expect people who don't believe to keep their thoughts to themselves and claim for their religion special dispensation and that it should not be held up for ridicule no matter how absurd the belief. worse that they think anyone who dares to ridicule should be imprisoned or in some cases blown up-at least in the K we have stopped burning people for heresy-we've even allowed catholic's to marry one of the royal family and become prime minister-oh hang on he waited till he'd picked the archbishop of canterbury and had resigned before he came out. Wonder if he has received got absolution at the confession yet:-3

posted by ian

You are just a idiot.. post elsewhere and stop fishing in a puddle..

posted by hoppy

If you can stand there like a mentally challenged chimp and throw sh!t everywhere, then I will exercise my right to be an idiot.

Now now whatever happened to forgive and forget, love thy neighbour, forgive those who trespass against us. Come on now kiss and make up-oh no you can't do that can you or you'll both go to hell:-3
mikeinie

God's Rottweiler

Post by mikeinie »

No, it is just the facts.
hoppy

God's Rottweiler

Post by hoppy »

gmc;1287909 wrote: If not an open discussion forum then where is the right sort of place? Those who don't like their belief being called in to questioned don't have to take part or even read the posts. I don't end up confused but if a religious protagonist ends up confused and actually thinking then they are on their way to enlightenment.

What I find offensive is that because some religious people take it personally that not all share their belief system that they should expect people who don't believe to keep their thoughts to themselves and claim for their religion special dispensation and that it should not be held up for ridicule no matter how absurd the belief. worse that they think anyone who dares to ridicule should be imprisoned or in some cases blown up-at least in the K we have stopped burning people for heresy-we've even allowed catholic's to marry one of the royal family and become prime minister-oh hang on he waited till he'd picked the archbishop of canterbury and had resigned before he came out. Wonder if he has received got absolution at the confession yet:-3

posted by ian

posted by hoppy

Now now whatever happened to forgive and forget, love thy neighbour, forgive those who trespass against us. Come on now kiss and make up-oh no you can't do that can you or you'll both go to hell:-3

He started it.:p
gmc

God's Rottweiler

Post by gmc »

hoppy;1287950 wrote: He started it.:p

Then you should set an example and tun the other cheek thus showing the moral superiority of your particular set.

Now if religions vied in being tolerant and forgiving wouldn't that be more constructive than condemning your rivals to hell for worshipping in the wrong way.

posted by ian

"Hell" is the Underworld from the Book of the Gates, or the Duat, another idea stolen from Egypt.

or the Greeks-0ur ancestors shared ideas far more than we give them credit for. I reckon the hell myth came from someone who had seen an active volcano.

Return to “People”