washer dryer question

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
qsducks

washer dryer question

Post by qsducks »

we bought a front end loader super capacity washing machine in July 09 but have currently have a super capacity regular dryer (front loader)...ever since we bought the washer, it has been nothing but problems, leaking, ect...which got fixed but my dryer is not able to dry the laundry coming out of the washer in say 40 min. What is the problem before i go bonkers lol?
Barman

washer dryer question

Post by Barman »

Make sure it is turned on and the door is shut.

No need to thank me, this info is free and i was happy to help.:D
qsducks

washer dryer question

Post by qsducks »

Barman;1282746 wrote: Make sure it is turned on and the door is shut.

No need to thank me, this info is free and i was happy to help.:D

I thank Mother Nature for spring...hanging out the laundry:wah:..seriously though, it is a pain in the arse..takes almost 2 hrs to dry
Bryn Mawr

washer dryer question

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Is the clothing notable wet when coming out of the washer?

If not then I think you're expecting too much - certainly our dryer will not dry clothes out of the washer within 40min, it takes more like 80 to 100.
Ahso!

washer dryer question

Post by Ahso! »

When i have appliance problems I go to the appliance ninja. I have saved hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars there.

The Laundry Appliance Repair Forum - Do-It-Yourself Appliance Repair Help - ApplianceGuru.com: The Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

If you want questions answered they will help for free but it seems to work a little faster when you donate to their beer fund. Also, if you order the parts from them the prices are good and their customer satisfaction is second to none in that industry.

Good Luck!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
dubs

washer dryer question

Post by dubs »

I've always had separate washers and dryers, cos I was told a washer/dryer is a mongrel, and does neither job particularly well.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Betty Boop

washer dryer question

Post by Betty Boop »

If you're used to drying wet loads within 40 mins then maybe your previous washer had a super duper spin speed!! I've never dried a full wet load in that time.

These are two separate appliances you're talking about ? Not a washer/drier?? The washer/drier combinations are not as efficient and leave the clothes a crumpled mess :wah:
dubs

washer dryer question

Post by dubs »

Sorry ducks! I wasn't being very helpful was I? I've known people who've had them, and they were as about as impressed as you are with yours.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
CARLA

washer dryer question

Post by CARLA »

Is the vent clear sometime if its to moist in the room it becomes blocked and can vent properly to dry have the hose looked at.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

moonpie

washer dryer question

Post by moonpie »

qsducks;1282745 wrote: we bought a front end loader super capacity washing machine in July 09 but have currently have a super capacity regular dryer (front loader)...ever since we bought the washer, it has been nothing but problems, leaking, ect...which got fixed but my dryer is not able to dry the laundry coming out of the washer in say 40 min. What is the problem before i go bonkers lol?

Are you talking about those washers and dryers that have the round glass in the front of them. I think they really look neat, but I have heard also that they give clothes a really weird smell. Anyways, hate to hear your problem, but I also love clothes dried outside, but my STRATA would not think too highly of it.:-5:-5:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

washer dryer question

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I have a frontloader . The only problem I have with it is if you forget something you can't open it up and add clothing . Wouldn't buy one that drys as well though. that's what drying racks and clotheslines are for. I do have a seperate dryer but only use it in Wnter...
Kathy Ellen

washer dryer question

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhh, sorry that it's not working properly Ducky....Sounds like the clothes are too wet...or maybe too many??? Can you put them on an extra spin cycle before putting them in the dryer?

Bummer:thinking:
Oscar Namechange

washer dryer question

Post by Oscar Namechange »

qsducks;1282745 wrote: we bought a front end loader super capacity washing machine in July 09 but have currently have a super capacity regular dryer (front loader)...ever since we bought the washer, it has been nothing but problems, leaking, ect...which got fixed but my dryer is not able to dry the laundry coming out of the washer in say 40 min. What is the problem before i go bonkers lol?
Maybe your washer is not spinning at enough revs to get all the water out?

I have a washer/Dryer and It's wonderful. It also comes in handy for spinning wet lettuce.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

washer dryer question

Post by qsducks »

I think I have found the answer with Ahso! answer & will be checking that out..imo, me thinks the washer takes a bigger load than the dryer can handle...also hang out clothes in the summer, so much easier & it does dry faster...hubs loves our bed sheets hung in the summer:-4
Oscar Namechange

washer dryer question

Post by Oscar Namechange »

qsducks;1282920 wrote: I...hubs loves our bed sheets hung in the summer:-4
Doesn't he prefer to sleep in a bed? :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “General Chit Chat”