Why do we have spammers about?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Analog and Nedvijimyi ???????????

Shouldn't they be banned?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1219974 wrote: Analog and Nedvijimyi ???????????

Shouldn't they be banned?

he's taken over the whole board!
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1219977 wrote: he's taken over the whole board!

I just reported both of them Odie......spammers amuck:p
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1219984 wrote: I just reported both of them Odie......spammers amuck:p

great Kathy........there running a muck!:-5:-5
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Geeze Carla...You are good.....:-6:guitarist:p Wow, you're quick on the draw.

Wish I could post some flowers to thank you. Man was he running amuck:wah: He was posting like usernew....Are they the same member?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Could be you never know with spammer I haven't had time to look at the IP to see where there from. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thanks Carla....you're the best:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Thanks Carla!

you were indeed fast with this person, as he was running amuck!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy Ellen;1220001 wrote: Thanks Carla....you're the best:-6 I had a sleepless night last night and they were on every thread. :wah:

Don't some of these idiots know how easy it is to check and track an IP address?

:sneaky::sneaky:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1220095 wrote: I had a sleepless night last night and they were on every thread. :wah:

Don't some of these idiots know how easy it is to check and track an IP address?

Oscar, it's funny....poor Carla was the only mod about and she was not active at the time analog was muckin about, I think.

I felt that we were the kids home alone and someone was trying to break into our home....and we couldn't do anything about it.

I made a complaint and within seconds Carla was there destroying the spammers:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

She is my hero and I'm calling her Speedy Gonzales from now on.;)
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1220113 wrote: Oscar, it's funny....poor Carla was the only mod about and she was not active at the time analog was muckin about, I think.

I felt that we were the kids home alone and someone was trying to break into our home....and we couldn't do anything about it.

I made a complaint and within seconds Carla was there destroying the spammers:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Hail Carla the defender of FG. :yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag

Remind me never to upset her :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Peg

Post by Peg »

oscar;1220095 wrote: I had a sleepless night last night and they were on every thread. :wah:

I had a sleepless night with a 2 month and 14 month old. No garden for me with screaming going on. *Yawns*
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Kathy Ellen;1220113 wrote: Oscar, it's funny....poor Carla was the only mod about and she was not active at the time analog was muckin about, I think.

Okay enough with the Carla worship... i was busy deleting posts while she was picking off the spammers.. do i ask for praise? or thatagirls?... never, wouldn't dream of it... broad shoulders that's me...:-1

:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Peg;1220118 wrote: I had a sleepless night with a 2 month and 14 month old. No garden for me with screaming going on. *Yawns*
Oh no Peg...... poor you :wah: I've been having my nephews baby a lot and found that wax ear plugs are a god send. :wah:
Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1220120 wrote: Okay enough with the Carla worship... i was busy deleting posts while she was picking off the spammers.. do i ask for praise? or thatagirls?... never, wouldn't dream of it... broad shoulders that's me...:-1

OK Floppy, in true British style, you did reasonably well. :D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1220118 wrote: I had a sleepless night with a 2 month and 14 month old. No garden for me with screaming going on. *Yawns*

Peg:-4 I thought you were supposed to be on FG 24/7:confused:......ha, ha....kidding:wah:

Boy, kids know how to scream don't they. It's so upsetting when you can do nothing to calm them down. I'll have to tell you a story another time....
Peg

Post by Peg »

When they leave tonight, I'll have to do an "adventures in babysitting" thread. Poop story and all. :yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1220120 wrote: Okay enough with the Carla worship... i was busy deleting posts while she was picking off the spammers.. do i ask for praise? or thatagirls?... never, wouldn't dream of it... broad shoulders that's me...:-1

Well Flopster, my friend,:-4 You were well hidden there.

You must come out and take credit where credit is due:-6:guitarist

Thank you Floppy....you are also my hero...We shall name you "Speedy deleter":-6:p
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1219974 wrote: Analog and Nedvijimyi ???????????

Shouldn't they be banned? Not only is very easy to track an IP address, it also shows if some-one is posting as two people or from the same address. ;););)
minks

Post by minks »

:-4YAY YOU MODS:-4

you guys rock

Ok did I cover everybody hehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

I thought Carla was a pussycat :D :p :guitarist
Peg

Post by Peg »

Mustang;1220198 wrote: I thought Carla was a pussycat :D :p :guitarist

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Praise you Floppy I knew someone else was about as I was deleting them as fast as I could them bam, bam the rest were gone, then I went to bed. Team work is a good thing thank you my friend. :yh_worshp:yh_worshp

[QUOTE]Okay enough with the Carla worship... i was busy deleting posts while she was picking off the spammers.. do i ask for praise? or thatagirls?... never, wouldn't dream of it... broad shoulders that's me...

I will hurt you..!! :yh_rotfl

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Mustang

I thought Carla was a pussycat

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1220117 wrote: Hail Carla the defender of FG. :yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag

Remind me never to upset her :wah:

ditto!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I can only assume you refer to spammers as those that consume spam.

I hope this gives you some insight.

Spam is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are: chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, sugar, and sodium nitrite to help keep its color. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.[1] The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore.

Varieties of Spam vary by region and include Spam Classic, Spam Hot & Spicy, Spam Less Sodium, Spam Lite, Spam Oven Roasted Turkey, Hickory Smoked, and Spam Spread.[2]

Spam sold in North America, South America, and Australia is produced in Austin, Minnesota, (also known as Spam Town USA) and in Fremont, Nebraska. Spam for the UK market is produced in Denmark by Tulip under license from Hormel.[3] Spam is also made in the Philippines and in South Korea.[4] In 2002, the six billionth can of Spam was sold.[5]

Introduced on July 5, 1937, the name "Spam" was chosen when the product, whose original name was far less memorable (Hormel Spiced Ham), began to lose market share. The name was chosen from multiple entries in a naming contest. A Hormel official once stated that the original meaning of the name "Spam" was "Shoulder of Pork and Ham".[6] According to writer Marguerite Patten in Spam – The Cookbook, the name was suggested by Kenneth Daigneau, an actor and the brother of a Hormel vice president, who was given a $100 prize for coming up with the name.[7] At one time, the official explanation was that the name was a syllabic abbreviation of "Spiced Ham". According to the British documentary-reality show "1940's House", when SPAM was offered by the US to those affected by WWII in the UK, SPAM stood for Specially Processed American Meats. Many jocular backronyms have been devised, such as "Something Posing As Meat", "Stuff, Pork and Ham" and "Spare Parts Animal Meat".[8]

According to Hormel's trademark guidelines, Spam should be spelled with all capital letters and treated as an adjective, as in the phrase "SPAM luncheon meat".

I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1220166 wrote: Not only is very easy to track an IP address, it also shows if some-one is posting as two people or from the same address. ;););)

At the most it can show that two posts were made from the same computer (and it doesn't always prove that). It says nothing about the person composing the post.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1220303 wrote: At the most it can show that two posts were made from the same computer (and it doesn't always prove that). It says nothing about the person composing the post.
I understand there is the right software available to track an IP address to a building?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Spammer is back again "websitedata." He has a great deal of perseverance:wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1220317 wrote: I understand there is the right software available to track an IP address to a building?

If the ISP is using dynamic IP addressing then the same IP address will be allocated to different users at different times - it is only where a user has a static IP address that you can tie the IP address itself to a specific building, otherwise you need to track the individual post to its source which is far more difficult.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1221930 wrote: If the ISP is using dynamic IP addressing then the same IP address will be allocated to different users at different times - it is only where a user has a static IP address that you can tie the IP address itself to a specific building, otherwise you need to track the individual post to its source which is far more difficult.
I have recently learnt how easy it is to track an IP address to a building with some scanners. I also learnt there is a mass of sites on the web that you can download for free to track also. It's way above my head, but anyoone who is a bit of a computer whizz can do it fairly well.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1221949 wrote: I have recently learnt how easy it is to track an IP address to a building with some scanners. I also learnt there is a mass of sites on the web that you can download for free to track also. It's way above my head, but anyoone who is a bit of a computer whizz can do it fairly well.

If all you have is an IP address and today it is allocated to me but tomorrow it might be allocated to you, how can a scanner track it to a specific building?
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1221951 wrote: If all you have is an IP address and today it is allocated to me but tomorrow it might be allocated to you, how can a scanner track it to a specific building? To be honest Bryn, i don't know. It is something above my head. I do know some-one who even showed me sites that give step by step instructions of how to even hack a computer. I find these sites on the web worrying. It's not something i understand so i will leave it to the experts.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1221954 wrote: To be honest Bryn, i don't know. It is something above my head. I do know some-one who even showed me sites that give step by step instructions of how to even hack a computer. I find these sites on the web worrying. It's not something i understand so i will leave it to the experts.

As always, don't believe everything you read on the internet :-)
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1221965 wrote: As always, don't believe everything you read on the internet :-) Very true. I also understand hacking is highly illegal.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”