Homosexuality

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

In light of all the recent discussions on Islamic culture i would like to raise the question of homosexuality. Is having sex with boys seen as the social norm?

I have heard that an unmarried man having sex with boys is 'just doing what men do'. Males serve as substitutes for unavailable women.

Anyone care to discuss?
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

I think you need to provide examples so we have something to suck on.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Homosexuality

Post by kazalala »

what?

what do you mean by having sex with boys? do yo mean two men having sex, or a man having sex with a boy!!:confused: you are talking about two men having sex together i hope,, of legal age etc.:confused:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

That's where having examples helps.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

I mean a man having sex with a boy under 16 (i dont know what age is illegal there)

I will look for links for you Spot, at present i am just going by hearsay. In light of recent discussions i thought this would be a good time to find some accuracy.

p.s - loved the way you put it.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Ok here's one to start you off but to be honest i did not really want to talk about terrorism as such. More how common is homosexuality.

Henryk M. Broders Homepage - Jamie Glazov: The Sexual Rage Behind Islamic Terror
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Possibly a better link ............

In Islam, homosexuals (called qaum Lut, the "people of Lot") are condemned in the story of Lot's people in the Qur'an (15:73; 26:165) and in the last address of the Prophet Muhammad. However, attraction of men to beautiful male youths has been a part of the culture of some Islamic societies and the attraction is not generally condemned in itself.

Homosexuality and Islam - ReligionFacts
kazalala

Homosexuality

Post by kazalala »

I should have checked which area this thread was posted in:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

Buttercup, I'm not trying to push you into searching indefinitely but when I say examples I don't mean biased opinion pieces or history books giving theory, I mean an instance or two of what you're asking us to discuss.
hoppy

Homosexuality

Post by hoppy »

spot;1203693 wrote: I think you need to provide examples so we have something to suck on.

:yh_rotfl
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Personally i do not know any muslims but i have entered into other discussions on this board where i have no personal knowledge of the subject so dont really see a difference why i have to personally know someone for this discussion :confused:
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

I'm not sure an example from personal experience was quite what I was after either.

I'll take a flier and guess. I'd distinguish, firstly, between the culture of any given Islamic society and Islam itself. Your earlier posts suggest that "an unmarried man having sex with boys is 'just doing what men do'" is disapproved of by any Islamic interpretation and subject to prosecution under local law.

I'm sure there have been times when pederasty has been culturally tolerated within some historical Islamic societies just as it has been in some historical Western ones. I doubt very much whether it is culturally tolerated in any today.

If you can provide a modern-day instance, from (for example) a newspaper article, we could see whether I'm on the right track.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Your far better at finding links than me and fine you know it.
Nomad

Homosexuality

Post by Nomad »

buttercup;1203738 wrote: Your far better at finding links than me and fine you know it.

Dont let him bully you into facts and common sense butter baby.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

buttercup;1203689 wrote: In light of all the recent discussions on Islamic culture i would like to raise the question of homosexuality. Is having sex with boys seen as the social norm?

I have heard that an unmarried man having sex with boys is 'just doing what men do'. Males serve as substitutes for unavailable women.

Anyone care to discuss?

Here's what seems a well-conducted research poll into British Muslim attitudes, published last month

http://reddit.independent.co.uk/toolbar ... d=t3_8itck

Not a single British Muslim said homosexuality was morally acceptable, compared to 58 per cent of the general public who believed it was. In other European countries with large Muslim populations such as France and Germany, the difference was far less pronounced: more than a third of French Muslims said they did not have a problem with homosexuality.I think the wording there covers pederasty too, don't you?
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Thank you Spot, i'm not sure the wording covers pederasty but it certainly covers what muslim people who are prepared to answer surveys think.

Anyone else?
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

I what way does homosexuality not include pederasty? Perhaps I'm misusing the terms. Your opening post did say "i would like to raise the question of homosexuality".
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

I did not say homosexuality does not include pederasty (pederasty is with young boys right?) I see nowhere on that link that talks of young boys. From what i have read it appears muslims do not see pedastry as homosexuality, i do and also as pedophilia.

Anyway another interesting link.

Pederasty has historically had both a secular and religious literary presence in the Islamic world and continues today as a frowned upon, unspoken, yet tolerated form of male sexual expression in many countries and cultures under the crescent of Islam. If one is skeptical of this theory, he would be hard-pressed to explain why the practice continues predominantly in the far-flung rural areas of the peripheral countries of the Islamic world, such as Morocco (Schmitt and Sofer 25) and the Peshawar valley of Pakistan, having most recently witnessed an actual marriage between two males aged 42 and 16 in a remote village that attracted the outrage of the local community but nonetheless proceeded as planned (Asia Times).

While an occurrence such as the aforementioned marriage is bound to attract criticism from people of all religious stripes, including Muslims themselves, it cannot be denied that avenues exist for the expression of this sort of sexual expression in many Islamic societies, regardless of whether it is sanctioned by religious authorities. In terms of its legal consequences, pederasty is difficult to prosecute because of the necessity of four reliable, Muslim, male eyewitnesses to confirm the act, and the fact that neither male youths nor their families are often inclined to take up such matters with the authorities.

Source - iranian.com: Maziar Shirazi, Islamic discourses on ‘homosexuality’
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

buttercup;1203804 wrote: I did not say homosexuality does not include pederasty (pederasty is with young boys right?) I see nowhere on that link that talks of young boys. From what i have read it appears muslims do not see pedastry as homosexuality, i do and also as pedophilia.

If the link shows Muslims condemning homosexuality, and homosexuality includes pederasty, it follows that those Muslims are condemning pederasty at the same time.

I agree with your linked article there that pederasty is hard to bring to court because of an inherent sense of shame on the part of the youth concerned. Exactly the same reason applied in bringing charges against US servicemen for forcing homosexual acts on juvenile boys detained in Iraq. And yes, I can give links if asked.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Thank you Spot but i wont need the links. I should have titled the thread 'pederasty' on reflection.

Anyway from what i see muslims do not seem to think pederasty is homosexuality or pedophilia and i'd like to know why. Is that better? ;)
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

buttercup;1203813 wrote: Thank you Spot but i wont need the links. I should have titled the thread 'pederasty' on reflection.

Anyway from what i see muslims do not seem to think pederasty is homosexuality or pedophilia and i'd like to know why. Is that better? ;)

I think you're very mistaken, every society on earth has a small proportion of men who behave that way, I see no reason to find the proportion greater in any contemporary Islamic society or that the rest of them find it any less distasteful, as "an actual marriage between two males aged 42 and 16 in a remote village that attracted the outrage of the local community" in your text indicates.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

So your saying pederasty is no more common in muslim society than any other?
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

buttercup;1203838 wrote: So your saying pederasty is no more common in muslim society than any other?

I see no reason whatever to think anything else if you're comparing societies across the globe today, and for any historical moment in a given society from the Islamic past I'm quite sure I could find you one even more permissive in the West. You've shown yourself that local societies are outraged in Islamic-based cultures when these things are uncovered, just as they are in the West today. There's more than enough evidence that engaging juvenile males in sexual activity in countries with an Islamic legal system is prosecuted through the courts where it becomes known to the authorities.

What puzzles me most is that you seem so fascinated by the possibility that I'm mistaken. It seems inflammatory, inaccurate and biased.

Consider where this generation's sex tourists have headed if they wanted under-age sex with boys. Did they head to Dubai? Tehran? Indonesia? Not if they had any sense of self-preservation they didn't. They went to Brazil which is predominantly Christian, India which is predominantly Hindu, Bangkok which is predominantly Buddhist or Basingstoke which is predominantly a hotbed of wife-swappers, while those intending a lifelong pursuit of their hobby joined the Church of England and took charge of the local choir. If it comes to that, I can't remember a single leader of my scout troop who wasn't up for it whenever they ran a camp though I hope things have tightened up since.

If you're looking for a culture of acceptability, we grew up in it - the only adult response in the UK for generations was "don't tell tales" and a refusal to believe children.
flopstock

Homosexuality

Post by flopstock »

buttercup;1203689 wrote: In light of all the recent discussions on Islamic culture i would like to raise the question of homosexuality. Is having sex with boys seen as the social norm?

Anyone care to discuss?

I honestly haven't heard that myself and I belong to groups that have some fairly open sexual discussions upon occasion.

Are we talking homosexuality or pedophilia, though? Two separate animals IMO...

I think this is one of those nature versus nurture things. If you believe it is nature, then being Islamic would have no affect, would it? However, folks that believe it is nurture could see it as a cultural norm.

But if that is the case, I don't see how it is the common practice that it is globally... homosexuality, not pedophilia which I think you are describing.

Do you just hear about men or do unmarried boys have sex with unmarried boys also?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

flopstock;1204028 wrote: I honestly haven't heard that myself and I belong to groups that have some fairly open sexual discussions upon occasion.

Are we talking homosexuality or pedophilia, though? Two separate animals IMO...

I think this is one of those nature versus nurture things. If you believe it is nature, then being Islamic would have no affect, would it? However, folks that believe it is nurture could see it as a cultural norm.

But if that is the case, I don't see how it is the common practice that it is globally... homosexuality, not pedophilia which I think you are describing.

Do you just hear about men or do unmarried boys have sex with unmarried boys also?

It depends on what you think homosexuality is. Is it a behaviour or is it a state of mind? If it's a state of mind then, so long as it's not practised as well, it's neither illegal nor frowned on by any of the monotheistic religions. What they condemn people for is expressing it in the form of actions. Even if it's a state of mind and it's nature then being in an Islamic culture might well tend to make expressing it as an action rather less likely, don't you think?

The thread's not concerned with pedophilia, it's about "having sex with boys" and we're using pederasty as the appropriate term. I'm not getting at anyone, I'm just trying to stick to what was raised because it's an entirely different issue. Sex with under-age girls isn't at issue, it's "[juvenile] males serving as substitutes for unavailable women".
flopstock

Homosexuality

Post by flopstock »

spot;1204038 wrote: It depends on what you think homosexuality is. Is it a behaviour or is it a state of mind? If it's a state of mind then, so long as it's not practised as well, it's neither illegal nor frowned on by any of the monotheistic religions. What they condemn people for is expressing it in the form of actions. Even if it's a state of mind and it's nature then being in an Islamic culture might well tend to make expressing it as an action rather less likely, don't you think?

The thread's not concerned with pedophilia, it's about "having sex with boys" and we're using pederasty as the appropriate term. I'm not getting at anyone, I'm just trying to stick to what was raised because it's an entirely different issue. Sex with under-age girls isn't at issue, it's "[juvenile] males serving as substitutes for unavailable women".

You can call it whatever rocks your boat spot. You can also say it isn't concerned with pedophilia. And I can tell you you are full of crap.

I think the real topic for discussion should be the thread title and the fact that folks still seem to see homosexuals as pedophiles, by default.

But you make it about whatever you want and enjoy yourself.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

I suggest you check a dictionary.

pederast - Wolfram|Alpha

pederast | a man who has sex (usually sodomy) with a boy as the passive partner

pedophile - Wolfram|Alpha

pedophile | an adult who is sexually attracted to children

"I think the real topic for discussion should be the thread title" might perhaps be extended to the content of the opening post. That sets the context in rather more detail: "Is having sex with boys seen as the social norm?".
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

Floppy - Spot's pedantric, which is ok with me, i like that he challenges me beyond the boundaries of which i would normally answer, my spelling mistakes let me down to the one's further educated than me, my choice of words challenge me beyond my education when replying to him or others more educated than myself but never for a second have i ever felt thick, i see it more as furthering myself to answer him or others more and thats good, how can that be a bad thing? It's not, education is the key.

I value pretty much everything you both say, diversity is afterall (to someone like me) what makes the world what it is :-6
Abram Is Muslim

Homosexuality

Post by Abram Is Muslim »

The Answer over that thread is just on that thread,

Homosexuality and the religions
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Islamic History Of Europe

Why Im a terrorist.....??Loving Jihad
flopstock

Homosexuality

Post by flopstock »

spot;1204055 wrote: I suggest you check a dictionary.

pederast - Wolfram|Alpha

"I think the real topic for discussion should be the thread title" might perhaps be extended to the content of the opening post. That sets the context in rather more detail: "Is having sex with boys seen as the social norm?".

And I suggest you eat a dictionary.

I know what the definitions are. I also know that any man who isn't a pedophile in his soul would vomit at the notion of ramming his genitalia into the rectum of a 'boy' - passive, screaming,crying or begging for it.

flopstock

Homosexuality

Post by flopstock »

spot;1203807 wrote: If the link shows Muslims condemning homosexuality, and homosexuality includes pederasty, it follows that those Muslims are condemning pederasty at the same time.

I agree with your linked article there that pederasty is hard to bring to court because of an inherent sense of shame on the part of the youth concerned. Exactly the same reason applied in bringing charges against US servicemen for forcing homosexual acts on juvenile boys detained in Iraq. And yes, I can give links if asked.

Weasel Zippers: Al-Qaeda Accused of Using Male Rape to "Create" Suicide Bombers.....

spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

flopstock;1204076 wrote: I know what the definitions are. I also know that any man who isn't a pedophile in his soul would vomit at the notion of ramming his genitalia into the rectum of a 'boy' - passive, screaming,crying or begging for it.Perhaps that's why Islamic law forbids any such behaviour and prosecutes everyone who's reliably proven to behave that way. I'd have thought you'd applaud the protection it provides against such outrages.
kazalala

Homosexuality

Post by kazalala »

spot;1204055 wrote: I suggest you check a dictionary.

pederast - Wolfram|Alpha

I dont understand this thread at all:-3 I have nothing against homosexuality,, each to their own is my opinion, if you are happier with someone of your own sex then thats what you should do:) I know you are talking about it here in the context of religion and how they see it,, but i dont understand the "young boys" bit. To me, a young boy of under 16, is a child so what is the difference between the two definitions you have put here?

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Homosexuality

Post by kazalala »

flopstock;1204076 wrote: And I suggest you eat a dictionary.

I know what the definitions are. I also know that any man who isn't a pedophile in his soul would vomit at the notion of ramming his genitalia into the rectum of a 'boy' - passive, screaming,crying or begging for it.

yes i agree,,, so is spot saying all homosexuals would have sex with young boys because they are homosexual? Or is he saying thats what he thinks the religions that condem it think about homosexuality?

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

kazalala;1204150 wrote: To me, a young boy of under 16, is a child so what is the difference between the two definitions you have put here?

The one includes girls and the other doesn't. That's the sole reason I have for using one word instead of the other, in that it defines the area of discussion described in the opening post. "pedophile" is misleading, "pederast" is accurate.

"Is spot saying all homosexuals would have sex with young boys because they are homosexual"? Obviously I'm not, I can't see for the life of me why you should even ask.

A young boy of under 16 is a child, a child is not a young boy of under 16. Has the entire world lost its ability to think clearly this week?
kazalala

Homosexuality

Post by kazalala »

spot;1204159 wrote: The one includes girls and the other doesn't. That's the sole reason I have for using one word instead of the other, in that it defines the area of discussion described in the opening post. "pedophile" is misleading, "pederast" is accurate.

"Is spot saying all homosexuals would have sex with young boys because they are homosexual"? Obviously I'm not, I can't see for the life of me why you should even ask.

A young boy of under 16 is a child, a child is not a young boy of under 16. Has the entire world lost its ability to think clearly this week?

Because i dont understand the way you explain things at times,, is that so hard for you to comprehend? I have had to read that 4 times before i even think i understand what you are saying!

ok ,, so saying the word child,, dont automatically mean you are talking about a young boy,, cos child would include girls have i got that right? i did actually get the fact that we are talking about boys here. But what im saying is even if we are sayng boys only,, he is still a child at under 16, therefore in my opnion child abuse. oh hang on ,, we need to use the proper word! right so you are saying the proper word here is pederast. But even if i agree thats the proper word to use ,, its still child abuse in my opinion.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

kazalala;1204163 wrote: Because i dont understand the way you explain things at times,, is that so hard for you to comprehend? I have had to read that 4 times before i even think i understand what you are saying!

ok ,, so saying the word child,, dont automatically mean you are talking about a young boy,, cos child would include girls have i got that right? i did actually get the fact that we are talking about boys here. But what im saying is even if we are sayng boys only,, he is still a child at under 16, therefore in my opnion child abuse. oh hang on ,, we need to use the proper word! right so you are saying the proper word here is pederast. But even if i agree thats the proper word to use ,, its still child abuse in my opinion.

Of course it's child abuse. That's why it's illegal under Islamic law. So would having sexual relations with an under-age girl be. Having sexual relations with an under-age girl wasn't part of the question in the opening post though.
kazalala

Homosexuality

Post by kazalala »

spot;1204166 wrote: Of course it's child abuse. That's why it's illegal under Islamic law. So would having sexual relations with an under-age girl be. Having sexual relations with an under-age girl wasn't part of the question in the opening post though.

ok thanks:) i think it took a while for the posts to reflect exactly what this was intended to discuss,, (im not forgetting my own inability to understand it myself here). also when i clicked on the blue butterfly today it seems i have been brought to a post much further on than when i last looked:-2 i just scrolled back a way and see i did miss quite a few posts. :-3

Anyway ,, i dotn really want to talk about child abuse , so thanks for explaining and i'll be on my way now and let you get one with the original topic:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

What we were asked was whether "having sex with boys is seen as the social norm" in Islamic societies. We don't seem to have come up with any good reason to say yes and several good reasons to say no, including first-hand testimony from Egypt.
Abram Is Muslim

Homosexuality

Post by Abram Is Muslim »

spot;1204174 wrote: What we were asked was whether "having sex with boys is seen as the social norm" in Islamic societies. We don't seem to have come up with any good reason to say yes and several good reasons to say no, including first-hand testimony from Egypt.

having sex with boys ,girls , women or anything out of marriage is not allowed in the Islamic society , may be it happens sometimes ,but it isnot allowed in the Islamic laws nor the civil Egyptian law ,no sex out of marriage ,and men and women may get arrest over that, but for the sexual relations , no relations are allowed but the straight and in the boundaries of marriage , Homosexuality and sex out of marriage are not accepted things by the community ,nor the laws ,Just stright relations in marriage bounderies.

I explained everything about the Islamic teachings in

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Islamic History Of Europe

Why Im a terrorist.....??Loving Jihad
hoppy

Homosexuality

Post by hoppy »

Abram Is Muslim;1204187 wrote: having sex with boys ,girls , women or anything out of marriage is not allowed in the Islamic society , may be it happens sometimes ,but it isnot allowed in the Islamic laws nor the civil Egyptian law ,no sex out of marriage ,and men and women may get arrest over that, but for the sexual relations , no relations are allowed but the straight and in the boundaries of marriage , Homosexuality and sex out of marriage are not accepted things by the community ,nor the laws ,Just stright relations in marriage bounderies.

I explained everything about the Islamic teachings in

This is one thing you and I totally agree on.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

hoppy;1204252 wrote: This is one thing you and I totally agree on.

You disapprove of premarital sex, hoppy? I thought the US was rampant with it.
buttercup

Homosexuality

Post by buttercup »

kazalala;1204163 wrote: Because i dont understand the way you explain things at times,, is that so hard for you to comprehend? I have had to read that 4 times before i even think i understand what you are saying!

I too feel this way about Spots posts and often have to google a word he uses but boy i've learned a lot from him.

If you want to annoy him, use a smiley or better still a few :wah: :lips:
hoppy

Homosexuality

Post by hoppy »

spot;1204259 wrote: You disapprove of premarital sex, hoppy? I thought the US was rampant with it.

You think premarital sex is unique to the USA? Try to focus on the subject, homosexuality.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

hoppy;1204318 wrote: You think premarital sex is unique to the USA? Try to focus on the subject, homosexuality.

Perhaps I failed to understand "This is one thing you and I totally agree on."

As in "having sex with boys, girls, women or anything[1] out of marriage is not allowed in the Islamic society".

[1] Anything, presumably, includes goats. You'd better watch your step.
hoppy

Homosexuality

Post by hoppy »

spot;1204351 wrote: Perhaps I failed to understand "This is one thing you and I totally agree on."

As in "having sex with boys, girls, women or anything[1] out of marriage is not allowed in the Islamic society".

[1] Anything, presumably, includes goats. You'd better watch your step.

When our founders came here from england, they didn't bring all of England's perversions with them.
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

hoppy;1204366 wrote: When our founders came here from england, they didn't bring all of England's perversions with them.

Theirs was as inflexible and hard-hearted a society as anything you can throw at Islamic culture today, I'm sure you'd agree. When did you last read of Muslim witch trials?
hoppy

Homosexuality

Post by hoppy »

spot;1204383 wrote: Theirs was as inflexible and hard-hearted a society as anything you can throw at Islamic culture today, I'm sure you'd agree. When did you last read of Muslim witch trials?

Do beheadings and mutilations count?
spot

Homosexuality

Post by spot »

hoppy;1204405 wrote: Do beheadings and mutilations count?

Compared to hanging, or being crushed to death under heavy stones, or electrocuted to death, or paralysed by drugs and dying of an induced heart attack? No hoppy, I don't think they do. Beheadings and firing squads are humane in comparison and amputation is a great deal more lenient than decades of imprisonment.
hoppy

Homosexuality

Post by hoppy »

spot;1204528 wrote: Compared to hanging, or being crushed to death under heavy stones, or electrocuted to death, or paralysed by drugs and dying of an induced heart attack? No hoppy, I don't think they do. Beheadings and firing squads are humane in comparison and amputation is a great deal more lenient than decades of imprisonment.

That's merely your opinion.

Return to “Islam”