How to get more and better participation on FG

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I plead guilty to posting a number of things to General Chit Chat when it would probably be better to post in a particular Forum like comedy, food, kids and family etc. All of our Forums are listed on the left side of the FG Home Page. All you have to do is find the Forum, click on it, title your post and post away. Why don't many of us not use the forum? Some people probably just don't know how or didn't know that we have so many Forum Categories and then still others (like me) that feel the post has a better chance of being read by others if the post is not specific.

There are 12,000 members and only a small percentage of regular participants. Many participants (like me) participate in other forums and I realize that. We are an International Forum and in many cases, and I will use OSCAR as an example (no criticism intended),some of his posts would be better placed in the REGIONAL DISCUSSION area where specific country's and regions are shown. Newbies could get the impression that the only participants are those living in the UK or the US by scanning quickly some of the posts. I really feel that we could get more and better participation by disciplining our selves to using specific forums when appropriate.

Take a look at the following categories

Go To FORUMS

Member Web Pages

Official FG Area

News & Announcements

Request New Forum

Problems & Solutions

Test Forum

Relaxing in the Garden

Introductions

Members' News

General Chit Chat

ForumGarden Hotel

Relationships & Advice

Travel & Vacation

Welcome to My Day!

Weather Station

Pub Nutters Inn

The Coffee Shop

Holidays

Just For The Fun Of It

My Favorite Videos

Arts & Animation

Autos & Vehicles

Comedy

Music

People

Pets & Animals

Science & Tech

Sports

Travel & Places

Video Games

Personal Forums

Fitness & Nutrition

Wall St. to Main St.

Health & Wellness

Work & Employment

Fashion & Clothing

Home Management

Kids & Family

Physically Challenged

Support & Counseling

Bereaved People

Bereaved Parents

General Forums

Current Events

History

Bizarre News Stories

Conspiracy Theories

Conservation

Philosophy

Polls, Polls, and more Polls

Wide World of Sports

Societal Issues & News

Crimes & Justice

Crimes & Trials

Missing Adults

Missing Children

Amber Alerts

Dogs, Cats, & All!

The Pets In Our Lives

Pet Advice & Support

Autos & Motorcycles

Biker Forum

General Chit Chat

Auto Racing

Politics

Current Events

Warfare & Military

Presidential Elections

Social & Human Rights

International Politics

Political Humor & Satire Arts & Entertainment

The Time Capsule

Music Forum

Films & Cinema Forum

The Television Forum

Talk About Comedy

The Library

The Gaming Zone

Web Design & Art

Poetry & Writing Forum

Religions & Beliefs

General Religious Chat

Modern & Ancient Paths

Eastern Religions

Christianity

Islam

Judaism

Prophecies & Prophets

Science & Technology

Science

Paranormal Science

Space and Astronomy

Earth Changes

Computers & Internet

Electronic Gadgets

Home & Car Audio

Hobbies

The Outdoors

Photography

Gardening

Needlecrafts

Arts & Crafts

The Kitchen

Senior Forums

Retirement Planning

Retirement Activities

Health & Drug Concerns

Senior Share

Regional Discussions
Peg

Post by Peg »

When I'm reading here, I just click on "new posts" so it doesn't matter to me at all what category they are in.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1195072 wrote: When I'm reading here, I just click on "new posts" so it doesn't matter to me at all what category they are in.

Same here although I think the Pubnutters Inn must have cobwebs in it now.:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I just dont see how that would make a difrence except for making you feel better Lon:thinking:

Oh! and Oscar is a girlie:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
minks

Post by minks »

I agree with you Lon, the other day I had thought of a post I wanted to start and felt it would get more attention in general chit chat but it wasn't really that so I just did not bother posting it.

I do believe the general chat gets the most readership.

I have also wondered if we are maybe to spread out. I mean sometimes I want to just come in and have a conversation but it's not really topic specific and nothing really happens or I just don't know where to post it without starting yet another thread...

I suppose that is what the pubs are about I dunno we do have our hicups don't we.

Funny when we don't have anything to argue our readership and participation goes way down ahahahahaha:yh_rotfl
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

minks;1195100 wrote: I agree with you Lon, the other day I had thought of a post I wanted to start and felt it would get more attention in general chit chat but it wasn't really that so I just did not bother posting it.

I do believe the general chat gets the most readership.

I have also wondered if we are maybe to spread out. I mean sometimes I want to just come in and have a conversation but it's not really topic specific and nothing really happens or I just don't know where to post it without starting yet another thread...

I suppose that is what the pubs are about I dunno we do have our hicups don't we.

Funny when we don't have anything to argue our readership and participation goes way down ahahahahaha:yh_rotfl

I usually do try to put my thread in the relevant place,, well lately i have tried:o i do the same as peg and i think a lot of us do that come here all the time ,,, just use todays posts or new posts:thinking: as a newbie ,, i quicky found out to use my settings or new posts... or look on the home page for recent threads put up that day etc.

Minks if you need to start a thread to talk about something just do it! you never know where it might lead and at least you will have your chat:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
minks

Post by minks »

kazalala;1195120 wrote: I usually do try to put my thread in the relevant place,, well lately i have tried:o i do the same as peg and i think a lot of us do that come here all the time ,,, just use todays posts or new posts:thinking: as a newbie ,, i quicky found out to use my settings or new posts... or look on the home page for recent threads put up that day etc.

Minks if you need to start a thread to talk about something just do it! you never know where it might lead and at least you will have your chat:D

oh thanks Kaz. Will work on it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Lon

Post by Lon »

kazalala;1195097 wrote: I just dont see how that would make a difrence except for making you feel better Lon:thinking:

Oh! and Oscar is a girlie:D

It's not about me feeling better----I feel just great----it's about making FG better. By the way----why do you think the creators of FG bothered to put the Forum Categories on board?
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Lon;1195176 wrote: It's not about me feeling better----I feel just great----it's about making FG better. By the way----why do you think the creators of FG bothered to put the Forum Categories on board?

To be used. And if something is posted in the wrong place, a moderator can usually puts it where it needs to be if it's caught.;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

I just click new posts....

If I am searching for a thread by a particular member, (thanks to Kaz who showed me how to do it).......just go to their profile and look at all posts by that member.

or I might just do a search one day.

or type in what I'm looking for.
Life is just to short for drama.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Lon;1195176 wrote: It's not about me feeling better----I feel just great----it's about making FG better. By the way----why do you think the creators of FG bothered to put the Forum Categories on board?

oh good:D well like i said i do try to use the one i think is appropriate when starting a thread:thinking: I juts didnt understand how that would make more people participate :-3 im not being funny,,, just a bit dim i spose,, or im just not getting what you are thinking:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Mustang;1195185 wrote: To be used. And if something is posted in the wrong place, a moderator can usually puts it where it needs to be if it's caught.;)

who are you?:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

kazalala;1195198 wrote: who are you?:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:cool:

:p :yh_rotfl

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”