US will cease to exist

Discuss the Muslim Faith.
RedGlitter

US will cease to exist

Post by RedGlitter »

BTS;564179 wrote: U LOST MEEEE........ GEE-LITTER

OK NOW..........

quote who u are replying to so we know........K???

I'm replying to Stroganoff.
RedGlitter

US will cease to exist

Post by RedGlitter »

Scrat, no problem, but I just can't see it as being worse than many other places. I don't see America as one big Jerry Springer show. Please don't mistake me for being overpatriotic, as you'll never hear me saying we're the "best" country in the world or that everyone ought to bend down to us. We are not the best and we don't have a monopoly on freedom, freedoms which are being eroded as we breathe, but I would rather live here under the conditions you listed than live somewhere where women are maimed and kids are killed for being the wrong gender and stuff such as that. Attitudes like that are ignorance I can't abide and I think they speak volumes for their countries. Our own goverment is dangerous to us yet there are worse governing bodies out there to be had.

What we have are social issues and I don't know where to even begin on improving them. I'm not sure it's up to the US government to fix social issues. I believe people have to take some responsibility for themselves.

All those things you said are true and I know that to be fact, yet I still tend to see the bright side, corny as that sounds. Where I live we have gangs and loser citizens, (rather, "white" trash of all colors) homeless people, drugs, domestic abuse, poverty, oppression, poor education, etc. I believe that stuff can be found pretty much anywhere. But we also have a sense of community, we have educated individuals, wealthy people, kids going to college, people aspiring to be someone of value. It's not all bad here. I'm not one of those optimistic people either nor am I a patriotic chest beater. I just don't see that America is ready for the trash heap yet.

I'll be the first one to point out our myriad problems, but....it's still my home. :)
K.Snyder

US will cease to exist

Post by K.Snyder »

America has it's faults just like everywhere else...

Some places here are relatively bad as I'm quite sure the same could be said for other places...

I think some views of America are a little over exaggerate...

I'm sure it would be nice to live somewhere other than America, but I myself couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather live...
guppy

US will cease to exist

Post by guppy »

all i got to say is.................thank goodness i am a fish.....:p
Accountable

US will cease to exist

Post by Accountable »

Scrat;564191 wrote: RG. I don't know where you live in Arizona but for christs sake look at what we have become. I just can't agree with you.

We drug our kids because they are forced to stay in small apartments because its not safe to go outside on the street for fear of them being abducted or ran over by an idiot. How many children in America are obese? So fat they can't run from their parents when they come at them with a handful of pills to make them "behave right".

Yeah, if you steal a loaf of bread you'll lose a hand over there but if I go to wrong neighborhood here I'll end up dead simply because of the color of my skin.

Around here in Seattle the social tension is palpable, if you try to talk to someone on the street it's all they can do to keep from running away from you in hyterical terror. You walk with your eyes on the concrete and you don't bother to talk to people, you're a freak, a rapist, a stalker and murderer if you do.

America is rotting.
Why would you live in such a horrible, horrible place, when there are so many better places in the US to live? :eek:

Return to “Islam”