The Dead Game

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

Everyone loves the dead game.

Name the next 3 celebrities, political figures or icons to kick the bucket.

My picks are :

Fidel Castro

Andy Rooney

Zsa Zsa Gabor

I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

The Dead Game

Post by CARLA »

They will kick the bucket or they have kicked the bucket. :-3
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1159722 wrote: Everyone loves the dead game.

My picks are :

Fidel Castro

Andy Rooney

Zsa Zsa GaborSome things are peculiarly and unforgivably vile. Posting this on the morning England's waking up to news that Natasha Richardson died yesterday really pushes the envelope. Including those specific names does as well. Bad form, seriously.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

The Dead Game

Post by Accountable »

Yup. I'm sure that Nomad got up, did his daily search of the British news tabloids & thought "... Hey! That gives me a fun idea."

Vile Nomad. *slaps back of Nomie's head*
Accountable

The Dead Game

Post by Accountable »

CARLA;1159726 wrote: They will kick the bucket or they have kicked the bucket. :-3
The next ones. Those three are still alive.
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Accountable;1159774 wrote: Yup. I'm sure that Nomad got up, did his daily search of the British news tabloids & thought "... Hey! That gives me a fun idea."

Vile Nomad. *slaps back of Nomie's head*

You're seriously saying it's not been news in the US too??
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1159758 wrote: Some things are peculiarly and unforgivably vile. Posting this on the morning England's waking up to news that Natasha Richardson died yesterday really pushes the envelope. Including those specific names does as well. Bad form, seriously.

Yea but.....people love the dead game :confused:
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

The Dead Game

Post by Accountable »

spot;1159778 wrote: You're seriously saying it's not been news in the US too??
You don't think it bad form as well, implying that the game would have been okay if a semi-famous actress hadn't had a skiing accident?

(I googled her name)
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Accountable;1159809 wrote: You don't think it bad form as well, implying that the game would have been okay if a semi-famous actress hadn't had a skiing accident?I didn't. Nothing in the thread comes close to my implying the "game" would be okay in that event. What I said was that it was particularly outrageous given the day's news. I was commenting on the degree to which the thread was obnoxious. How does that make the alternative okay instead of merely less acutely offensive?
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1159813 wrote: I didn't. Nothing in the thread comes close to my implying the "game" would be okay in that event. What I said was that it was particularly outrageous given the day's news. I was commenting on the degree to which the thread was obnoxious. How does that make the alternative okay instead of merely less acutely offensive?

This is beyond pathetic spock.

Yesterday you dismissed school children in Afghanistan having acid dumped on them as the fault of Americans. Today you feign remorse again with an air of indignation for an actress in an accident. Youre becoming transparent.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1159814 wrote: This is beyond pathetic spock.

Yesterday you dismissed school children in Afghanistan having acid dumped on them as the fault of Americans. Today you feign remorse again with an air of indignation for an actress in an accident. Youre becoming transparent.

What you continually fail to recognize is the consistently moral perspective underlying my posts.

It's not remorse, it's regret and it's not feigned in the slightest.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1159822 wrote: What you continually fail to recognize is the consistently moral perspective underlying my posts.

It's not remorse, it's regret and it's not feigned in the slightest.

Morality.

Regret is avoidable if we as our brothers keepers do in fact keep our brothers.

You seem to think all nations are sovereign. Nations all over the world beg for our aide. Im proud that we can and do come to their aide. You say we fail far more often than we succeed. We fail, we fail frequently but we do so much good. The plight of peoples suffering should concern you far more than Nomad being flippant in a forum.

The suffering is real and its out there, not at Forum Garden.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

I quite like Andy Rooney too.
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1159828 wrote: Morality.

Regret is avoidable if we as our brothers keepers do in fact keep our brothers.

You seem to think all nations are sovereign. Nations all over the world beg for our aide. Im proud that we can and do come to their aide. You say we fail far more often than we succeed. We fail, we fail frequently but we do so much good.Two points.

On the subject of foreign aid perhaps I may quote Enoch Powell. He was an honourable politician. He said, at the Annual General Meeting of his constituency association on 5th December 1969,There are today, as there have been during the last twenty years, two opposing views on the effect of 'aid', which I am using in its strict sense of resources raised compulsorily by one government and transferred, either cheaply or gratis, to another government, whether or not through an intermediate agency. One view, and it is held increasingly widely, is that aid is harmful to the recipient countries because, among other reasons, it results in misdirection of their economic effort and in repression of domestic saving and investment.I would happily give you the rest of his address if you want to read it, I'm typing it from a book of his essays. I offer it as evidence that at least since 1949 there have been two views on the potential benefit or harm of aid. In my opinion, excluding acute emergency aid, it's damaging to the recipient country.

On the subject of Cain defensively asking God, when God demands to know where Abel is, "Am I my brother's keeper?" the implicit answer from God is "no, not at all, but you know very well where he is, because you have murdered him". I paraphrase - God's actual words were "the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground". There's no way you can wrestle a "yes" out of that, surely. It is only arrogant neo-colonialism which dares to assume that the rich are to be the "keepers" of the poor, the civilized of the savage, the overdeveloped of the underdeveloped.

The paragraph about Cain is mostly Enoch Powell's too, as it happens, I like the way he puts it.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1159832 wrote: I quite like Andy Rooney too.

Then send my quote to him at CBS. Perhaps he will chastise me proper on national tv.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1159849 wrote: Then send my quote to him at CBS. Perhaps he will chastise me proper on national tv.

The last time I quoted Andy Rooney on ForumGarden was to attach his comments about a post of floppy's: "Detestable remarks" and "The spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life". I'm perfectly sure he'd say exactly the same about this thread's opening post.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

There are today, as there have been during the last twenty years, two opposing views on the effect of 'aid', which I am using in its strict sense of resources raised compulsorily by one government and transferred, either cheaply or gratis, to another government, whether or not through an intermediate agency. One view, and it is held increasingly widely, is that aid is harmful to the recipient countries because, among other reasons, it results in misdirection of their economic effort and in repression of domestic saving and investment.

And what wisdom does he offer on beheadings, genocide, tyrant governments and populous slaughter in general ?

I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1159859 wrote: And what wisdom does he offer on beheadings, genocide, tyrant governments and populous slaughter in general ?

You simply can't grasp the two-way nature of sovereignty, can you.

Either you think the US is superior to other places or you think other places should be as free as you to come over and fix your problems without your consent. I think it's a superiority thing, not an equality thing. You're still convinced you-all have this Manifest Destiny handed you by God because you're special.

Nothing that has been done in Afghanistan by Afghans since the time of Alexander the Great until this morning, all piled on top of itself, comes anywhere close to the harm the United States has inflicted on the world since I was born. Not a hundredth of it. Get it into your head - it's not the business of the US, what goes on in other countries. Stay out, go home, try diplomacy for once. That's what diplomacy's for. That's why countries have treaties, why they sign up to the United Nations. All you've ever done is undermine these structures and then sit back and denounce them as ineffective.

The problem is America.
Accountable

The Dead Game

Post by Accountable »

spot;1159864 wrote: You simply can't grasp the two-way nature of sovereignty, can you.

Either you think the US is superior to other places or you think other places should be as free as you to come over and fix your problems without your consent. I think it's a superiority thing, not an equality thing. You're still convinced you-all have this Manifest Destiny handed you by God because you're special.

Nothing that has been done in Afghanistan by Afghans since the time of Alexander the Great until this morning, all piled on top of itself, comes anywhere close to the harm the United States has inflicted on the world since I was born. Not a hundredth of it. Get it into your head - it's not the business of the US, what goes on in other countries. Stay out, go home, try diplomacy for once. That's what diplomacy's for. That's why countries have treaties, why they sign up to the United Nations. All you've ever done is undermine these structures and then sit back and denounce them as ineffective.

The problem is America.
By America, you of course mean the Bush administration, right? Because you admire and repect Americans, right?

Well, except for the evil, morally bankrupt military volunteers, right?
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Accountable;1159867 wrote: By America, you of course mean the Bush administration, right? Because you admire and repect Americans, right?

Well, except for the evil, morally bankrup military volunteers, right?

And the Reagan government. Ollie North? Contras killing villagers by the thousand? Rape and murder as an electioneering policy? And that bastard Kissinger blowing all kinds of hell out of Laos and Cambodia? Come on, you know it all better than I do.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1159864 wrote: You simply can't grasp the two-way nature of sovereignty, can you.

The problem is America.

Your babbling now.

Your just throwing ideas you have engrained in your mind all over the place with no basis of fact. What you think is your strength is your greatest weakness.

Your intelligence is an empty vessel without heart.

In all my time here I personally cant recall you ever being compassionate or displaying genuine and sincere empathy. Thats not a judgement merely an observation.

Humans are more than one thing spock. We are these beautiful creatures capable of so much more than only analytical thinking. We are everything.

You know nothing of me. Superiority ? You havent been listening.

I now feel genuine empathy for you.

Blessings.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1159891 wrote: Humans are more than one thing spock. We are these beautiful creatures capable of so much more than only analytical thinking. We are everything.Only in America could someone say that and really believe they mean it, in a decade where a million people died because a bunch of criminally inept idealists in the White House wanted to Do Good.

Learn from the past, Nomad. Armed intervention abroad invariably kills more innocent people than it saves. Stop it from ever happening again please. If you have to dig back before you were born to find an example where it didn't, don't. What's killing these people more than anything else is "beautiful creatures capable of so much more than only analytical thinking" deciding they can finally get it right this time. They're not beautiful creatures, they're war criminals. God alone knows why you're protecting them from their just desserts.
flopstock

The Dead Game

Post by flopstock »

spot;1159858 wrote: The last time I quoted Andy Rooney on ForumGarden was to attach his comments about a post of floppy's: "Detestable remarks" and "The spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life". I'm perfectly sure he'd say exactly the same about this thread's opening post.

How did I get dragged into this? Did I miss Andy Rooney slamming me? Or was I slamming him?

does he date?:p

I have got to get out more...:rolleyes:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

flopstock;1159903 wrote: How did I get dragged into this? Did I miss Andy Rooney slamming me? Or was I slamming him?

does he date?:p

I have got to get out more...:rolleyes:

Floppy, you have a memory like a sieve. A colander. A coconut someone's machine-gunned off the tree. More escapes than sticks. How can you possibly forget the dreadful thing you did to poor Andy Rooney!

And no, at his age I doubt whether he's dated in years.
flopstock

The Dead Game

Post by flopstock »

spot;1159895 wrote: Only in America could someone say that and really believe they mean it, in a decade where a million people died because a bunch of criminally inept idealists in the White House wanted to Do Good.

Learn from the past, Nomad. Armed intervention abroad invariably kills more innocent people than it saves. Stop it from ever happening again please. If you have to dig back before you were born to find an example where it didn't, don't. What's killing these people more than anything else is "beautiful creatures capable of so much more than only analytical thinking" deciding they can finally get it right this time. They're not beautiful creatures, they're war criminals. God alone knows why you're protecting them from their just desserts.

I think you still hold resentment over the whole tea party incident...

It's time to let it go... feel the love, sweetie..:-4

Now, not to disrupt things by going to topic here...:D are we looking for folks with dead careers?:-2
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Betty Boop

The Dead Game

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;1159722 wrote: Everyone loves the dead game.

My picks are :

Fidel Castro

Andy Rooney

Zsa Zsa Gabor

:eek: Sorry, no can do. I'd feel rotten if I mentioned a name then woke up tomorrow to find that they had died!
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1159932 wrote: :eek: Sorry, no can do. I'd feel rotten if I mentioned a name then woke up tomorrow to find that they had died!

From someone born around 1910 that doesn't surprise me at all.
qsducks

The Dead Game

Post by qsducks »

3 People Dead...hmmmm

Capn Crunch

Trix Rabbit

Fred Flinstone
Betty Boop

The Dead Game

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1159983 wrote: From someone born around 1910 that doesn't surprise me at all.

You'd be of the same opinion then, 1882 was not that far off. Such a pity you were typecast back then.
along-for-the-ride

The Dead Game

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Sorry, Nomie, I've never heard of "The Dead Game". I realize that you started this thread in jest, but I won't play. Not this game anyway. Kinda goes with saying, "Be careful what you wish for............"

Let's get a bucket and bag of clothes-pins and see how many clothes-pins we can drop in that bucket........................blind-folded. ;)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
CARLA

The Dead Game

Post by CARLA »

Lovely men..@!!:mad:

Charlie Manson

Scott Peterson

Daivd Alan Westerfield
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1159983 wrote: From someone born around 1910 that doesn't surprise me at all.

Go to your room and dont come out until I tell you too.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

The Dead Game

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1160073 wrote: Lovely men..@!!:mad:

Charlie Manson

Scott Peterson

Daivd Alan Westerfield

Yes!!!! Total pigs. Did you see the new Manson mugshot?
CARLA

The Dead Game

Post by CARLA »

Yes I saw Charlie Mansons new photo that's what made me think of the other 2 all three are California killers. :mad: Magots..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

YZGI

The Dead Game

Post by YZGI »

Wow, this thread didn't go the way you expected did it Nomad?:wah:

This is a game (however unseemly) that DJ's play over here. No one wishes that a young 45 yr old beautiful actress dies of an accident. Everyone usually just guess old celebrities who may or may not die of natural causes.

Isn't it fitting that this game Nommie started is now dead in the water?:wah:
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

YZGI;1160363 wrote: Wow, this thread didn't go the way you expected did it Nomad?:wah:

This is a game (however unseemly) that DJ's play over here. No one wishes that a young 45 yr old beautiful actress dies of an accident. Everyone usually just guess old celebrities who may or may not die of natural causes.

Isn't it fitting that this game Nommie started is now dead in the water?:wah:

I was just having innocent fun and once again Nomad gets slaughtered.

***bell***

Im going to invent a persons who have been slaughtered game.
I AM AWESOME MAN
YZGI

The Dead Game

Post by YZGI »

Nomad;1160374 wrote: I was just having innocent fun and once again Nomad gets slaughtered.

***bell***

How bout we choose the next 3 threads that go "dead in the water".

I'll take..

1. Truthbringer

2. Coberst

3. Danyial

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Three laughing dudes means it was a joke so don't get all bent out of shape over this post.:wah:
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

YZGI;1160382 wrote: How bout we choose the next 3 threads that go "dead in the water".

I'll take..

1. Truthbringer

2. Coberst

3. Danyial

Three laughing dudes means it was a joke so don't get all bent out of shape over this post.:wah:

Even the disclaimer will be used against you. Today you burn.

Thank God. Ill be a saint again soon. :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
sunny104

The Dead Game

Post by sunny104 »

I'll play with you, what do want to play?? :D
sunny104

The Dead Game

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;1160382 wrote: How bout we choose the next 3 threads that go "dead in the water".

I'll take..

1. Truthbringer

2. Coberst

3. Danyial

You seem a bit off today, I think you need some hot, sweaty sex! :D
YZGI

The Dead Game

Post by YZGI »

sunny104;1160393 wrote: I'll play with you, what do want to play?? :D
Um, I believe there was a post in another thread about you obtaining some special sauce in some way.
Imladris

The Dead Game

Post by Imladris »

Nomad;1160374 wrote: I was just having innocent fun and once again Nomad gets slaughtered.

***bell***

How about a 'dying in a way that makes us laugh but we know that we shouldn't really' game

or an 'invent a terrible but appropriate death for a serial killer' game

or a 'what's the most outrageous and obscure way that you could think of dying' game

or even a non-death themed 'which celebrity would you like to be caught in bed with' game - I can list quite a few for that one! :sneaky:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

Imladris;1160398 wrote: How about a 'dying in a way that makes us laugh but we know that we shouldn't really' game

or an 'invent a terrible but appropriate death for a serial killer' game

or a 'what's the most outrageous and obscure way that you could think of dying' game

or even a non-death themed 'which celebrity would you like to be caught in bed with' game - I can list quite a few for that one! :sneaky:

Ok I was lampooning but this is some really sick stuff.

Mod meeting !
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

The Dead Game

Post by flopstock »

***bell***

I thought this was from that clint eastwood movie.... wasn't that clint eastwood?:confused:

sunny104

The Dead Game

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;1160397 wrote: Um, I believe there was a post in another thread about you obtaining some special sauce in some way.

:yh_angel:yh_whistl
Chezzie

The Dead Game

Post by Chezzie »

To be honest Nomad, some peeps are just way too sensitive as I see these kind of threads on other forums and its all taken in jest. Of course nobody WANTS to see anyone dead , Infact theirs a website that has a tournament style game which is based on celebrity deaths throughout the year.

About2croak.com : celebrity death game : which celebs will die this year
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Chezzie;1160420 wrote: Of course nobody WANTS to see anyone deadWhat?

There's a lot of gloating over Charles Manson in this thread suggests otherwise.
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1160537 wrote: What?

There's a lot of gloating over Charles Manson in this thread suggests otherwise.

You have interesting heroes, mentors whatever they are.

Bin Laden

Stalin

Hitler

Mussolini

Ed Gein

Hannibal Lector
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

The Dead Game

Post by spot »

Nomad;1160545 wrote: You have interesting heroes, mentors whatever they are.

Bin Laden

Stalin

Hitler

Mussolini

Ed Gein

Hannibal Lector

That's just personal abuse with no basis in fact. Why bother posting it?
Nomad

The Dead Game

Post by Nomad »

spot;1160548 wrote: That's just personal abuse with no basis in fact. Why bother posting it?

:wah:

You have been defending Bin Laden for days now.

Now you object to Manson being vilified.

You defend throwing acid in school girls faces as the product of, well if I were to take your words literally me.

You have done nothing but blame America for the worlds problems.

You omit answering questions concerning Britains involvements in less than honorable skirmishes..

You throw outrageous statements to the wind for your amusement.

Many of them in my opinion merely to incite rage.

You think youre a masterdebater but in truth you derive pleasure from wreaking havoc.

Why bring this up indeed.

You rip this country for misdeeds you find repulsive with a flip of your forked tongue and your expectation is what ? Passive agreement ?

An award for being the most glib ?
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “General Chit Chat”