Extreme conditions of Australia

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ahe my northern friends okay i havent seen any info for NSW?
spot

Post by spot »

I watched a few clips of the fires, it looks terrifying and you have the daytime temperature to cope with as well. I'm glad you're still safe, I hope you stay that way.

"In Kinglake, north-west of Melbourne, one resident said the whole township was pretty much ablaze and that the fire front came through in a matter of minutes. He said that some 200 residents had taken refuge in a local pub".

Hunter Valley is ablaze, as far as NSW goes.

The local forecast here says we might go down to minus 14 degrees C tonight in exposed parts. I don't remember it ever being that cold in England.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Yep latest KInglake town is on fire and this will hopefully be my last report tonight I can see the glow Pete has gone to see the "the boys " to see what's happening . It' s only done the road now .......****!!!!!!! put my uniform back on . the wind has ****ing picked up again

Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1129482 wrote: I watched a few clips of the fires, it looks terrifying and you have the daytime temperature to cope with as well. I'm glad you're still safe, I hope you stay that way.

"In Kinglake, north-west of Melbourne, one resident said the whole township was pretty much ablaze and that the fire front came through in a matter of minutes. He said that some 200 residents had taken refuge in a local pub".

Hunter Valley is ablaze, as far as NSW goes.

The local forecast here says we might go down to minus 14 degrees C tonight in exposed parts. I don't remember it ever being that cold in England.

-14C?

that is really really cold for England, those are our temps!:eek:
Life is just to short for drama.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

seeya when I can i"m worried about pammy did she get to Canberra okay?
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

just got a ph call from daughter fuzz she has been warned to evacuate she lives at wangaratta.....she is by herself with the 4 kids:-1:-1
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1129522 wrote: just got a ph call from daughter fuzz she has been warned to evacuate she lives at wangaratta.....she is by herself with the 4 kids:-1:-1

oh god no, I will pray for her and her kids hun!:-4
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Stay safe my Aussie friends:-4 I'm so sorry that you're going throught all of these awful fires:-1

Kaylene:-4 All my thoughts are with you and family. I hope your daughter will be ok. Where will she go with the children?
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

this is awful:( im praying you all stay safe:-4:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

My daughter tells me her boss and husband along with 3 other couples left for Sydney on Thursday.

Exactly what will they find when they land?

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Thinking of all my good Friends and a big hug for my Mad Oz(((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))):-4:-4:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Odie

Post by Odie »

-as some things worsen this weekend with fires and higher temps, hoping all my aussie friends stay safe.

-so many homes have been burned to the ground, not even sure how many have died during these fires yet.

This is a major tragedy...........please keep safe.:-4
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Kathy Ellen;1129531 wrote: Stay safe my Aussie friends:-4 I'm so sorry that you're going throught all of these awful fires:-1

Kaylene:-4 All my thoughts are with you and family. I hope your daughter will be ok. Where will she go with the children?

Thanks Kathy...no idea where she will go but she knows the area fairly well so hopefully she will be ok. Just been watching the updates on tv and 14 people are confirmed dead and they expect the toll to be much higher:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Carolly;1129557 wrote: Thinking of all my good Friends and a big hug for my Mad Oz(((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))):-4:-4:-4

Thanks boobie bird:-4:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Odie;1129565 wrote: -as some things worsen this weekend with fires and higher temps, hoping all my aussie friends stay safe.

-so many homes have been burned to the ground, not even sure how many have died during these fires yet.

This is a major tragedy...........please keep safe.:-4

thanks odie...just heard that this is worse than ash fires so very sad for those down in Victoria:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1129572 wrote: thanks odie...just heard that this is worse than ash fires so very sad for those down in Victoria:(

such a tragedy.:-1
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

they just showed a bit on our news, terrible:(:-1

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

On the News here it has said that parts of Oz have floods and have told people not to go out due to the crocodiles fgs.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1129604 wrote: On the News here it has said that parts of Oz have floods and have told people not to go out due to the crocodiles fgs.

i know its really bad over there just now,, poor things,, bloomin floods and fires,,, god i hope everyone comes out of it ok .. there have already been deaths :-1

its weird they having fires etc. and im sitting here looking at snow pouring down:thinking: this is one of our worst winters and it must be one of their worst heatwaves:(

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Carolly;1129604 wrote: On the News here it has said that parts of Oz have floods and have told people not to go out due to the crocodiles fgs.

thats is QLD carol up the top of Australia
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

25 people now confirmed dead and 100 plus homes destroyed:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kayleneaussie;1129623 wrote: thats is QLD carol up the top of AustraliaOh I know it aint near the Bush Fires but so sad one part has fire and the part floods fgs.
Odie

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1129796 wrote: 25 people now confirmed dead and 100 plus homes destroyed:(

omg.............so tragic.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Carolly;1129809 wrote: Oh I know it aint near the Bush Fires but so sad one part has fire and the part floods fgs.

ye and i have a daughter in the bush fires and a stepson and family in the floods:-1:-1
FOC THREAD PART 1
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kayleneaussie;1129812 wrote: ye and i have a daughter in the bush fires and a stepson and family in the floods:-1:-1How far is the fires from her Kay?
Odie

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1129812 wrote: ye and i have a daughter in the bush fires and a stepson and family in the floods:-1:-1

keep the faith babe!

this is so tragic.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Carolly;1129815 wrote: How far is the fires from her Kay?

about a 15 min drive:thinking:
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1129831 wrote: about a 15 min drive:thinking:

oh no.:-1
Odie

Post by Odie »

one thing I do not understand, why is one part in fires and the other is flooding?
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Odie;1129896 wrote: one thing I do not understand, why is one part in fires and the other is flooding?

qld has tropical weather and is at the top of australia so its common to have flooding but this is the worse for a long time.......victoria is towards the bottom of australia and lots of bushland but this is the worse heat:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
Odie

Post by Odie »

kayleneaussie;1129911 wrote: qld has tropical weather and is at the top of australia so its common to have flooding but this is the worse for a long time.......victoria is towards the bottom of australia and lots of bushland but this is the worse heat:(

thanks hun, hope everything works out okay for your family and you.:-4
Ally

Post by Ally »

kayleneaussie;1129812 wrote: ye and i have a daughter in the bush fires and a stepson and family in the floods:-1:-1

oh kay i pray that they are ok have they been told to evacuate i hope so.i will keep everything crossed for there safety:-4:-4:-4:-4
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Hope everything goes well for them Kay.

I just phoned my friend in Victoria,her & the family are safe & well.

Another friend of ours has lost some stock but his family & home is safe.

He has just gone to meet the vet who has to put more of his burnt horses down.

My husband & son are at the south coast & there is a fire near them but they are Ok.

Nothing out this way will burn as there is no grass at all.

My thoughts are with all those people in the fires & floods.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Odie

Post by Odie »

mrsK;1130054 wrote: Hope everything goes well for them Kay.

I just phoned my friend in Victoria,her & the family are safe & well.

Another friend of ours has lost some stock but his family & home is safe.

He has just gone to meet the vet who has to put more of his burnt horses down.

My husband & son are at the south coast & there is a fire near them but they are Ok.

Nothing out this way will burn as there is no grass at all.

My thoughts are with all those people in the fires & floods.

omg, this is devastating for so many there.

god bless everyone and stay safe!:-4
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

MrsK where abouts on the south coast are your husband and son?

I made a mistake earlier (sorry a bit tired ) kinglake has not been wiped off the map ...it's was Marysville..........My heart goes out to all.

Umm there is some footage on one of the news sites of Marysville it was such a beautiful piece of countryside and a pretty town.

We have nine dead in Gippsland ............I think the number of dead is going to go beyond the 40 mark unfotunetly. They've had to bring in shipping containers to handle the numbers . And sadly, very sadly children are among them .

I do have a wonderful story though . There was a distress call from a woman who was panicked, and said fire had completely surrounded her house. When the police got there they thought they were coming upon a scene with a fatality. Dead animals everywhere the house gone the whole property just completely devastated. The guys almost had kittens when they heard her voice . She was sitting on the only patch of unburnt ground on the property with her dog. In complete shock of course. I don't know how much praying this woman did but it obviously worked because there is no reason why she should still be with us .

My town is safe now. The threat is being contained just nicely. My childrens schools are closed for a few days as they assess the damage around the towns.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

That is a miracle ,that poor woman.:-1

Pleased everything is safe for you .

My husband & son are at Bega moving to Merimbula tomorrow

New South Wales: Information from Bega Valley Fire Control on the bushfire situation for the Jingera Rock (Wyndham) Fire - Sat Feb 7 7pm

35 now predicted dead in Victoria fires,listening to the news now.

Stay safe Fuzz thinking of you:-4:-4
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's 65 now and hubs is on a road block because they are expecting to find more in the next town ............one of our friends is dead and possibly his wife. They've only found one body at the house. He's in tears and trying to pull over cars . CHRIST! CHRIST! CHRIST! When will this end.

My sister is in hospital adn just told mum that her friends are in Kinglake they also suffer MS. CHRIST!!!!!!! We now just have to wait.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

fuzzywuzzy;1130163 wrote: It's 65 now and hubs is on a road block because they are expecting to find more in the next town ............one of our friends is dead and possibly his wife. They've only found one body at the house. He's in tears and trying to pull over cars . CHRIST! CHRIST! CHRIST! When will this end.

My sister is in hospital adn just told mum that her friends are in Kinglake they also suffer MS. CHRIST!!!!!!! We now just have to wait.

I am so very sorry :-4:-4
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Gotta go

Just my little dedication to a dear friend

:-1:-1:-1:-1To everyone here

"May your news be good news and goodnight."
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Fuzz so sorry to hear your bad news :yh_hugs:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

I'm sorry to hear that things are getting so bad in Australia, it sounds like the situation is extremely bad in certain areas. I'm sorry to hear about your friend as well Fuzzy, just try and keep as cool as you can and away from any danger. Its being reported that the state of Victoria endured a temperature of 48.6 C at the worst location, and that 76 people have died in the bush fires. Best wishes to all the Aussies suffering over there, look after yourselves.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

So sorry Fuzzy:-4

To all our Ozzie mates, take good care of yourselves, were all thinking of you.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

i'm not sure how to type this out without sensationalising it . Maybe because this is becoming more and more unbelievable. You couldnt' make this **** up.

The death toll is going to be well over 100. We just can't get into the places that are burning.

They've now confirmed Brian and Moiree's death.

Brian and Moiree, they lost Matt around six moths ago . We'll make sure Clint is helped out and the Grandkids.

RIP Brian and Moiree and i'm so sorry your lives had to end like this. I'm just so sorry.

this should give an indication of what people are going through. It's a reporter who's wife is trapped and he can't get to her.

Video - Herald Sun
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

fuzzywuzzy;1130163 wrote: It's 65 now and hubs is on a road block because they are expecting to find more in the next town ............one of our friends is dead and possibly his wife. They've only found one body at the house. He's in tears and trying to pull over cars . CHRIST! CHRIST! CHRIST! When will this end.

Oh Fuzz im so sorry,, this is so horrible,,, i hope it stops soon:-4:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Dreadful, dreadful stuff.

All the thoughts of the people on this side of the world are with you. What a terrible situation, just awful. :(
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

My sister is in hospital adn just told mum that her friends are in Kinglake they also suffer MS. CHRIST!!!!!!! We now just have to wait.We are watching this in England Megs on the News and I know we are all so worried for you all.I watched your Prime Minister giving a man a cuddle today and it brought tears to me eyes.I saw 2 women crying saying how they couldnt get to their beloved dogs in their house.........never let us lot complain in England again about the snow fgs.My thoughts are with you Megs and all those fine people having to go through this nightmare and of course to those who have lost their lives.

Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Are you ok Fuzzy?

Do you have peeps there to talk to?

This is a dreadful situation, were all praying here it ends soon x

You have floods and fires and as I look out of my window we have snowflakes the size of crisps falling after waking this morning to a clear blue sky???:thinking:

You in my thoughts mate, Keep safe x
Odie

Post by Odie »

I am so very sorry!:-4

are you okay?

my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1130197 wrote: i'm not sure how to type this out without sensationalising it . Maybe because this is becoming more and more unbelievable. You couldnt' make this **** up.

The death toll is going to be well over 100. We just can't get into the places that are burning.

They've now confirmed Brian and Moiree's death.

Brian and Moiree, they lost Matt around six moths ago . We'll make sure Clint is helped out and the Grandkids.

RIP Brian and Moiree and i'm so sorry your lives had to end like this. I'm just so sorry.

this should give an indication of what people are going through. It's a reporter who's wife is trapped and he can't get to her.

Video - Herald Sun

just now read this......oh babe, what can I say, I am so sorry you lost both of your friends........Brian and Moiree R.I.P.

that poor reporter, he is just so devastated and those fires are out of control.

such devastation!:-5:-5
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

sorry

Return to “Australia”