Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Betty Boop;1343466 wrote: It's down to us is it :wah: I have to get through this year and graduate first, but I'm sure something can be arranged, somewhere... suggestions on a postcard please

I'm sure it would be very enjoyable........................................so come on Mr. Spotibus ! You know you can do it, while BB is busy !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill,

How are you feeling now...hope a bit better:-6

Good on you for giving up the fags:-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Kathy Ellen;1343550 wrote: Hi Gill,

How are you feeling now...hope a bit better:-6

Good on you for giving up the fags:-6

I'm feeling a little bertter, thanks for asking. Still got the cough, but the ulcers have gone (for the moment LOL) At least I can eat normal stuff now :guitarist Well I'm on my 12 day (I think) of smoke freeness ! I have had a couple more temptations but I've weathered the storm for the moment. I have a non-hurting mouth, so I haven't got that to help me now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr One day at a time eh?

:-6 I keep telling myself that it would be such a waste to smoke again after I've gone nearly 2 weeks already, without. :thinking: :-3

I hope you are OK Kathy, and not over-doing the work - I know how hard teaching is, and how teachers knock themelves up doing too much. :sneaky:
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1343593 wrote: I'm feeling a little bertter, thanks for asking. Still got the cough, but the ulcers have gone (for the moment LOL) At least I can eat normal stuff now :guitarist Well I'm on my 12 day (I think) of smoke freeness ! I have had a couple more temptations but I've weathered the storm for the moment. I have a non-hurting mouth, so I haven't got that to help me now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr One day at a time eh?

:-6 I keep telling myself that it would be such a waste to smoke again after I've gone nearly 2 weeks already, without. :thinking: :-3

I hope you are OK Kathy, and not over-doing the work - I know how hard teaching is, and how teachers knock themelves up doing too much. :sneaky:

Oh GIll, I'm so happy that your ulcers are gone. Jeez, that must have hurt so much.

Please don't go back to smoking. It's just not worth it. I gave up smoking, and if I can do it so can you! Just take one day at a time.

I'm still working hard even though I have a student teacher. But, I love helping her and my kidlets. The kids are extremely chatting but full of bean with great senses of humor. I'm really enjoying them.

Things will settle down after next week for me.

Glad you're a bit better Gill. Any word on when you're moving? Hope it's soon.
spot

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by spot »

Gordon Bennett, as they say. Gill's middle name is quite definitely Robespierre, and ForumGarden's bloodbath reaches new heights...

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1343608 wrote: Gordon Bennett, as they say. Gill's middle name is quite definitely Robespierre, and ForumGarden's bloodbath reaches new heights...

And I suppose you are going to say you haven't deserved that ! Would it help if I apologised to you? It was, in fact a mistake, a slip or two of the fingers. I cannot brain today, as I have the dumb.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

It's almost enough to tempt me to reach for my tobacco pouch grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
spot

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1343621 wrote: And I suppose you are going to say you haven't deserved that ! Would it help if I apologised to you? It was, in fact a mistake, a slip or two of the fingers. I cannot brain today, as I have the dumb.

Well, no, I'm quite sure I haven't deserved it. Having seen the ban it's only by chance that I tried the site again and found my access reinstated. Given that ForumGarden nearly lost me permanently - I might easlity not have tried again after the "ban will be lifted: never" part - I think your apology should be to the members who'd have been deprived of my posts rather than to me what got the shock.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Kathy, yes they were slightly agonising - I counted up to 19 of the buggers !

As for moving, well it will not be before summer 2011, unless we come up on the National Lottery :wah:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1343625 wrote: Well, no, I'm quite sure I haven't deserved it. Having seen the ban it's only by chance that I tried the site again and found my access reinstated. Given that ForumGarden nearly lost me permanently - I might easlity not have tried again after the "ban will be lifted: never" part - I think your apology should be to the members who'd have been deprived of my posts rather than to me what got the shock.

Mr Spot, please stop winding me up. I've already crawled into the corner, so just put the boot in and get it over with, please.
Rapunzel

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1343625 wrote: Well, no, I'm quite sure I haven't deserved it. Having seen the ban it's only by chance that I tried the site again and found my access reinstated. Given that ForumGarden nearly lost me permanently - I might easlity not have tried again after the "ban will be lifted: never" part - I think your apology should be to the members who'd have been deprived of my posts rather than to me what got the shock.

Yeah, that happened to me and I didn't deserve it either! No offense to Gilly...I understand it was a mistake. Some mod's are just ban happy though! Next time email Tombstone- he'll soon sort 'em out! :p :wah:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks !

Well Cornwall has been hit hard with floods round the south coast, so I hope BB and Helen are OK as they live in that neck of the woods. Not sure where BB is though.

England football is still not good, so is it time to rid ourselves of the Italian manager and re-install the Sven ? I'm darn sure he wouldn't do any worse than Capello. There doesn't seem to be much of a team spirit at the moment!

England cricket, however, seems to be improving, so there's hope there from down under !

Hope everybody is feeling OK and life is being kind to you all. It's my 17th smoke-free day today ! :guitarist :-6

Do you remember Eric Sykes, Tommy Cooper and the rest in 'The Plank' ? :wah:

YouTube - THE PLANK : Eric Sykes + Stars (1/5)

YouTube - THE PLANK : Eric Sykes + Stars (2/5)

YouTube - THE PLANK : Eric Sykes + Stars (3/5)

YouTube - THE PLANK : Eric Sykes + Stars (4/5)

YouTube - THE PLANK : Eric Sykes + Stars (5/5)
Betty Boop

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Betty Boop »

All fine here Gill, I'm right down the bottom near Lands End so we missed all the flooding. I think Helen and Theia must have too, it was all further up the county, around an hours drive from here. Feel sorry for the people that have had their homes flooded, it was heartbreaking to see the pictures on the local news last night. Offers of help are being passed on through the local radio stations with people offering up furniture and goods to those that have lost their possessions. Good to see great community support within Cornwall.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

It is something which is very British, I think. It may, of course happen in other countries, but you've only got to see old wartime films to see that it is just something that we Brits do.................... rally round and help as much as we can, all those hit worse than us. I think, maybe it's a 'I would like to think they would do it for me if the same thing happened to me' sort of attitude. It certainly renews ones confidence in one's fellow man !

So relieved that our Cornwall FGers seem to have escaped the results of the deluge !

:-6 :yh_bigsmi:yh_hugs
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! The usual, 'hope all are OK' wishes ! :-6

I sit and wonder if it is worth keeping on posting, and keeping a thread 'alive', as it is so dispiriting finding my little thread here, where anybody can come in and chat about anything, and there's been no new post since the last time I posted ! :-5

I put up another thread about how I feel about FG and what is happening to this site. It is interesting to see who else adds to that thread, and what they say. At the moment, it seems my thoughts are shared with others, and maybe I was hoping that my thoughts were just MY thoughts, but it seems not.

I can remember when FOC was running in over-drive, and people were posting nineteen to the dozen. If you didn't constantly read to keep up with the thread, it would take you hours to catch up, and I know that some just didn't have the time !

What other thread regularly had 100 posts added in 24 hours ?????

You can check it out (well Part 1 at least) by clicking the link in my siggy ! What a thread that turned out to be - broke all sorts of records too. What fun everybody had ! There were an awful lot of members who just went straight to FOC to get their daily 'fix' and have a laugh to set them up for the day ! It was a thread where there always seemed to be something of interest for everybody, to have a good giggle, or even have a tear in their eye. Oh well, most good things have to end sometime, but I feel privileged to have been associated with FOC and all the contributors, because it was the contributors that made that thread the amazing thread that it was ! A bit like a high class tv soap, one that you became addicted to. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Lovely memories though. AND it was truly international ! :-6 :-6 :-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up ! Tis me again !

Went out yesterday late morning till early evening, and it was quite a pleasant day, with a bit of sun. One or two showers, but then it is the time of the year for it !

I checked my emails as usual, this morning, and there was one sent to me from a friend in Australia - she usually sends me some very good jokes, or striking pictures ! I was so bowled over by this particular email, that for the first time I uploaded it to YouTube, and it worked !! I was able, then, to share it with members on FG. I do hope you find it and give it a view. I found it to be very moving (brought a tear to my eye).

The title of the thread is 'EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THIS'

It is now Tuesday, but I'm not sure what I will be doing today, probably a load of washing - some of which is already 'cooking', and typing some stuff for my hubby.

The sun is now shining, so I can turn my heating off, as the sun warms the room very efficiently! It helps to have wall to wall windows :wah:

Here's an amusing video to help bring a smile to your face..............

I thought it was fairly topical, as Strictly Come Dancing is in full swing on BBC TV ! :wah:

YouTube - the two ronnies - ballroom dancing song
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

YouTube - Alan Parsons Project "TIME"

Time flowing like a river, Time beckoning me.

Who knows when we shall meet again, if ever

But time, keeps flowing like a river, to the sea. Goodbye my love, maybe for forever. Goodbye my love, the tide waits for me.

Who knows when we shall meet again, if ever.

But time, keeps flowing like a river... on and on, to the sea.... to the sea.....

Till its gone forever....gone forever..gone forever........Ahhhhhhh!!

Goodbye my friend, maybe for forever?...

Goodbye my friend, who knows when we shall meet again. the stars wait for me.

But time... keeps flowing like a river..To the sea... to the sea.....Till its gone forever... gone forever.... gone forever.....Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Forever more!!

Forever more!!

Forever more!!

:yh_bye:yh_hugs:yh_sad
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Sorry, Helen, you weren't able to get on the thread today, so maybe I'll be able to send a text to you some time today. TC xxx
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1344868 wrote: YouTube - Alan Parsons Project "TIME"

Time flowing like a river, Time beckoning me.

But time, keeps flowing like a river, to the sea. Goodbye my love, maybe for forever. Goodbye my love, the tide waits for me.

Who knows when we shall meet again, if ever.

But time, keeps flowing like a river... on and on, to the sea.... to the sea.....

Till its gone forever....gone forever..gone forever........Ahhhhhhh!!

Goodbye my friend, maybe for forever?...

Goodbye my friend, who knows when we shall meet again. the stars wait for me.

But time... keeps flowing like a river..To the sea... to the sea.....Till its gone forever... gone forever.... gone forever.....Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Forever more!!

Forever more!!

Forever more!!

:yh_bye:yh_hugs:yh_sad

That is so beautiful, Gill. Thanks for posting it.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

gonna try this and see what happens....................... had to click on very first page of the thread and not the last page or last post !!!
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

bloody hell, it worked, i am goin back to bed now..............................
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill,

I cannot log on to the last page of your hut and one of Alongs. I have to click on every 20 posts or so to get to the last post. Don't know why...
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

Kathy Ellen;1345851 wrote: Hi Gill,

I cannot log on to the last page of your hut and one of Alongs. I have to click on every 20 posts or so to get to the last post. Don't know why...

I'm having the same problem. Can't bring up the latest posts.
Peg

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Peg »

I'll email TS so he is aware there is a problem.
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thanks Zap and Peg. It's also happening with Along's daily commute thread.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Peg;1345860 wrote: I'll email TS so he is aware there is a problem.

Thanks Peg.

Hi all, hope you're all OK and keeping warm. My damn boiler has decided to play up and so I won't have any central heating till at least next Tuesday, and that is only if I can get hold of the company on the phone ! The damn thing is just over a year old, so they can come and sort it out as soon as possible. We have a halogen heater in the sitting room and the temp is 72 F, but in the kitchen it is 57 F. Temp outside is a bit warmer than it has been of late at -3 C at the moment. Snow still hard packed on the side roads and frozen in ruts, very nice. Kids are loving the schools being closed though - can't fault them for that !

I'm off to bed with a hot water bottle ! LOL night night all.
ForumGarden

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ForumGarden »

Hello my fine FG'ers. Should be fixed. Goodnight!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

ForumGarden;1345957 wrote: Hello my fine FG'ers. Should be fixed. Goodnight!

Many thanks kind sir ! Not sure what has caused it though, would be interesting to know. :yh_wink :-6 :yh_bigsmi
ForumGarden

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ForumGarden »

G#Gill;1345960 wrote: Many thanks kind sir ! Not sure what has caused it though, would be interesting to know. :yh_wink :-6 :yh_bigsmi

Hi,

Looks like it was a simple corruption of the database for a couple of the threads. Luckily, a rebuild fixed it!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

ForumGarden;1345961 wrote: Hi,

Looks like it was a simple corruption of the database for a couple of the threads. Luckily, a rebuild fixed it!

I hope you are still around ? I still cannot access this thread without having to go to the OP and then pressing for the last page !
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

Mine's still not working.
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

ForumGarden;1345957 wrote: Hello my fine FG'ers. Should be fixed. Goodnight!

Nope. Mine doesn't work.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

HIYA, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE BEEN ABLE TO GET ON HERE FOR WEEKS AND ITS ONLY PAGE 155 NOT 208 .............. ooops sorry caps on !!

apart from further down towards landsend, we;ve had no snow what so ever !! the hard frosts however, has killed off all my patio pots........ we sit here watching it all on the news and im begining to think we are on another planet !!!! im dreading my next electric bill but ive recieved my first winter fuel allowance so that mite just take the sting out of it !!!

im going for a scan on my ankle on monday, theres loose bone lurking about in there, also a bit wedged between the joints that has to be removed and they are going to take the plate and screws out to see if i can gain a bit more mobility........ now to top it all ive got sciatica in my left leg so i dont know which one to limp on first LOL

Sorry to see you've been havin boiler trouble again gill, cant be a year ago it was giving you probs before, think id be havin words with em if that was me !!!

hope everyone is staying warm and safe in all this awful weather xxx
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1346211 wrote: HIYA, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE BEEN ABLE TO GET ON HERE FOR WEEKS AND ITS ONLY PAGE 155 NOT 208 .............. ooops sorry caps on !!

apart from further down towards landsend, we;ve had no snow what so ever !! the hard frosts however, has killed off all my patio pots........ we sit here watching it all on the news and im begining to think we are on another planet !!!! im dreading my next electric bill but ive recieved my first winter fuel allowance so that mite just take the sting out of it !!!

im going for a scan on my ankle on monday, theres loose bone lurking about in there, also a bit wedged between the joints that has to be removed and they are going to take the plate and screws out to see if i can gain a bit more mobility........ now to top it all ive got sciatica in my left leg so i dont know which one to limp on first LOL

Sorry to see you've been havin boiler trouble again gill, cant be a year ago it was giving you probs before, think id be havin words with em if that was me !!!

hope everyone is staying warm and safe in all this awful weather xxx

Hi Helen!!!! First of all THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND KEV FOR TOMORROW AND THE FUTURE !!!!!! You really deserve to be dealt a much better hand at long last, Mrs. :yh_hugs:yh_bigsmi:yh_sigh

Good luck also for Monday with your ankle. It would be lovely if that could be sorted properly for you. You know that's the first time (I think) that you have indicated that you broke your right ankle/leg :wah: Typical that damn sciatica has hit your left leg now ffs! Why can't you be left alone ? I wonder if you can limp with both legs together ?? That conjures up an interesting picture :wah: No it isn't funny is it. :( You'd think the powers that be would spread the bad bits around people a bit better wouldn't you ?

Don't worry about the boiler, Helen, cos I think Chris is going to make em come back and change that condenser drain pipe and make it much shorter like our neighbour's - they didn't get affected by this very cold weather, and it must be because they have a very short bit of piping and it goes straight down into the ground ! So it is not as vulnerable to weather as our pipe is (they put in a 12 foot length to reach our outside drain ffs! Chris was going to do it but it may affect our boiler 2 year guarrantee, so we'll get the installers to sort it.

Hope everybody is OK and not too badly affected by all this very cold weather. Winter seems to be here with a vengeance alright ! Take care and keep warm. :-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Just to bring the thread back up to the top, and to give members the impression that this thread is very popular ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1346339 wrote: Just to bring the thread back up to the top, and to give members the impression that this thread is very popular ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'm still having a problem if I click on any number higher than 155.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

To get on to this thread I have to click on the OP then click 'last' in order to get to the latest post ! :-5:-5:-5
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill,

Yes, your thread problems are not fixed....Hope all is good with you. Miss chatting with you. Please tell Helen that I said hi, but haven't been on fg too much lately. Hope to chat soon Gill. I'm thinking you with best wishes:-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Kathy Ellen;1346359 wrote: Hi Gill,

Yes, your thread problems are not fixed....Hope all is good with you. Miss chatting with you. Please tell Helen that I said hi, but haven't been on fg too much lately. Hope to chat soon Gill. I'm thinking you with best wishes:-6

Thank you for popping in, Kathy. It seems that others are experiencing a problem of accessing this thread as well! Maybe that is why there are so few posts lately ! :-5 I have sent another message to Admin about this problem, so I hope to hear from them in the near future, bearing in mind it is the weekend.

I will pass your message on to Helen, although she will be a bit busy today ................................... it's her wedding day !!! :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist I sincerely hope all goes very well for her. It's about time Helen had something good happen to her for a change. :-4 :yh_hugs:yh_flower:yh_star:yh_bigsmi
Peg

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Peg »

It is odd that I can click and get to the end. For once it's not my computer!! LOL Hope you all are doing well.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Peg;1346412 wrote: It is odd that I can click and get to the end. For once it's not my computer!! LOL Hope you all are doing well.

Not too bad, thanks for asking Peg, and I hope you are doing OK as well. I've been wondering where mrsK, Heather is these days, I hope she is OK.
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

Hooray! Looks like it's fixed. Thanks to The Fixer.
ForumGarden

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ForumGarden »

Getting to the last page just fine. Anyone else have thoughts?
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Something strange there TS. This is the first time in weeks that I have been able to get to page 157 straight off !!!!! Not sure what happened, but it seems to be OK now. Many thanks for your efforts and help, Mr. Bossman XXX

Although............ strange my post has number 2095 on top right, yet it is supposed to be 1562 if your post above this is 1561.

Now I'm really confused................what the heck is going on ????
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

just typing this to see if i can get on the last page.......................
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

i can get onto the thread ok now but its the very first page that comes up, i put a post up and that takes me to the last page (210) if i try to read back from there it comes up with " the web cannot display this page " and i have to go back to the first page again and type something else to get back where i was.

i bet thats as clear as mud aint it :-5:wah:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1346493 wrote: i can get onto the thread ok now but its the very first page that comes up, i put a post up and that takes me to the last page (210) if i try to read back from there it comes up with " the web cannot display this page " and i have to go back to the first page again and type something else to get back where i was.

i bet thats as clear as mud aint it :-5:wah:

Hello Mrs Newly Wed ! Glad you could make it ! Sorry this thread is being a pain to most people except the Boss ! :wah: Although, when I clicked on the frog next to FG name on the 'Post List of the day' I went straight to the last post in the thread. It won't do it now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have sent yet another communication describing symptoms to TS and I hope this time something can be done. Ere why is your post number 210 when it's supposed to be 1563 (157). Don't worry about that, I've discovered that it is the difference between the 533 posts that have been deleted (posted by User 44) and removed by Admin ! I suspect that removing those posts may have corrupted this thread somehow.

How are things, by the way, as I take it you are a proper 'Mrs' ? Did you have a good reception, or can't you remember :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Anyway, congratulations, Helen, and I truly mean that. I send you all the best wishes for your future together with Kev, and all the best for Monday's scan as well.
ForumGarden

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ForumGarden »

Yes, this thread reverts to its old and corrupt ways. :) Gill, you may want to start: Gill's Talk and Mutter Hut Part 2
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Not quite sure how to take 'old and corrupt ways' , but I'll take your word for it LOL. I will start a new "Gill's Talk and Mutter Hut Part 2" ......................... This thread I will leave a final post and then I'll close it. Will that be OK?

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”