Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1333165 wrote: Aye Up Mrs... What Is the weather like on the Broads... lovely and sunny here.

Forgot to ask you... Do you see any Red Kites on the Broads?

I was going to clean my windows but do you know what???.... I can not be arssed..... Life Is far too short.

I am just looking through the Christmas Catalogue for some small gifts for our FG Buddies.

Hi Oscar, I am not on the Norfolk Broads! We have a static caravan in North Norfolk! :p No I haven't seen any red kites around here. Chris saw a Kestrel last time we stayed here, I'm afraid I'm not much cop at recognising birds, except the more common ones. Back home there are a few Hawks, and I think some out here. It's fascinating to watch them hover, seemingly totally unmoving, then suddenly they swoop down at terrific speed after their prey. Their eyesight must be incredible.

The weather has been beautiful most of the day, but about 2 hours ago it clouded over, then threw water all over the place ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't blame you for giving the cleaning of the windows the big E, particularly as it it said not to be a good idea to wash windows when it is sunny, as they are left streaky ! So there's your excuse Mrs! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Gill's evening meal in an untried restaurant:

Wow ! Chris treated me to an evening meal out, this evening. He took me to a place called North Walsham, in Norfolk, to a gorgeous restaurant (and it does B & B), called Melbourne House, on the outskirts of the town. Apparently evening meal is 'by appointment' - you choose what you would like to eat and tell them, and they reserve your table for you. Seems straight forward to me. It would seem that they don't have menus as such - you just decide what you would like, and if they have got it they will cook it for you. If they haven't got exactly what you want, then they ask you for your second choice.

Well we arrived at the appointed time - 8.30 pm (we couldn't come earlier as we were expecting a pre-arranged phone call between 6.30 and 7.30). There were no cars in the carpark. We got out of the car and walked towards the main door, and there to greet us were two men - the chef and the under-manager! We were welcomed like royalty and were shown into a room with a large table in the middle of the room, all set out ready for a meal with two places set. There was a welcoming halogen heater at one end of the room, music ( light classical ) was playing in the background, and there were two candelabras, one each end of the table, each with five tall red candles flickering gently and lighting the room quite adequately with a lovely mellow glow - they gave enough lighting to not need any electric light on. We were amazed to discover that we were the only diners there that evening! I have never felt so 'special' at any restaurant, anywhere, ever! We felt a little like royalty! It seemed so exclusive! To say that I was impressed is an understatement! Well 10/10 so far! I wondered what the meal would be like though.

Chris had pre-ordered roast beef with yorkshire pudding and the vegetables of the day, and (if room) home-made apple pie with custard.

The Melbourne House did not have a licence for alcohol sales, but they had told Chris that we were most welcome to bring our own wine - they would supply appropriate glasses. Well we had forgotten to bring our bottle of wine, so we asked for a couple of orangeades. These were supplied, but the chef appeared back in the room with half a bottle of white wine and said that we were most welcome to finish the bottle as there was enough left for two glass fulls. There would be no charge as they had no licence. I suspect that they do not normally do that for their customers, but the chef said that there was only a small amount left in the bottle, and we may as well finish it up! I definitely felt rather spoilt :wah:

A short while later, the chef returned with a tray with two plates groaning with huge roast beef dinners, and I was so glad I was hungry! Then the other chap came in with a platter of vegetables - spinach, peas and carrots, steaming away and attractively displayed. I looked at my large plate of roast beef, two fairly large yorkshire puds, roast potatoes, creamed potatoes and shallots, and wondered where I could put the vegetables!!! You know, you could have fed a family of four for a couple of days with the food that had been placed in front of us! I regret not taking my digital camera to record the event, but I had no idea that it would be so worth recording grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm afraid the meal defeated me, I just could not eat it all, particularly as I really wanted to sample the home-made apple pie. That meal was absolutely gorgeous, and I felt awful at the thought of any of it being binned. The chef came into to room to enquire if everything was alright, and I said I had a complaint. He looked taken aback, bless him, and then looked concerned. I said that I just could not eat all my lovely meal, certainly not if I wanted to try the apple pie. He smiled and said there was no problem, he would pop the rest of my meal in containers and add some more beef, roast potatoes, vegetables, and I could take it back with me and microwave it tomorrow - 'quite a few people do that after they've eaten here' he said with a big grin. I told him I just hated wasting good food, particularly when it was as delicious as this was. Chris wasn't sure about my cheek, but had to admit that it was so good it would be a shame not to eat it all up, even at two attempts !

:wah:

Well after we had managed to eat a delicious apple pie and custard, and had a rather nice cup of coffee and a chocolate mint, the chef, Gary, brought me four microwaveable plastic boxes with what looked like two more helpings of roast beef and yorkshire pudding dinners in them! All I can say is wow! :-6

Now for that exclusive very personally served evening meal, that was absolutely superb and so generous in it's portions, and beautifully presented, we were charged the magnificent sum of £30.10p ! I think you would find that in London, for a top of the menu dish like we had, you would not see change from over £100 I'm sure, probably more! By the way, the B & B price per person per night is £30 !!!! My hubby's sister enquired at dozens of B & B places in Norfolk around where we had our static caravan, when they wanted to visit us in the summer, and they eventually found a place that charged £30 pppn, all the others were £50 - £60 !!!

I wish all the luck in the world to that young man (26 years old), he is an excellent chef. His dad and mum bought the place about 5 months ago, and they run it as a family business (they come to the restaurant to help at the weekends apparently).

The building itself is an old mansion type of building set in beautiful restful gardens, I can't recommend it highly enough to anybody venturing into this neck of the woods. We may visit them again before we go home, maybe to sample their 'full English breakfast' (2 of everything we've been told !) for £3.99 per person (If you were staying B & B this is included in the £30 pppn charge!).

Well that was my evening meal out. It turned out to be a very special meal !

Thank you very much indeed, Chris :-4

:-6:-6:-6
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Oscar Namechange »

WOW.... What service !!!!

You said at the start that you could order any-thing you liked, I am sorry but me being me, I would just have to have asked for boiled Albatross.

It really does go to show that you do not need the West End of London for a good meal and you know what? You will tell 100 people about that place and word of mouth is the best advertising campaign you can get In business.

What kind people with the containers to take more food home with and getting you some white wine !!!! Hope you tipped well Mrs :wah:

And that price.... Blimey, If I ever get back to the Broads I shall seek the gaff out.

I am so pleased that you and Chris had a good night together, You both deserve It. :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Oscar, it was the best night out I've had in decades !!!!!!!!

It was PERSONAL service throughout the evening. They just attended to our every need, and were most concerned to make sure everything was 'just right' for us. I really believe that if it had been anywhere else, the fact that there were only two people booked in for an evening meal, they would have cancelled as being uneconomic! Not this place though!

Gary, the chef, and son of the owners, has two full-time jobs! We found out, while we were chatting with him, that he was also the manager of a security firm! I'm still not sure how he manages to juggle his commitments! Yep, he's a big tall lad, and he is an unarmed combat expert. He is really good-looking and has a very charming manner (I found myself wondering how I would be if I was 30 years younger ! :yh_rotfl :lips:). His attitude is brilliant - if his customers enjoy what he has cooked for them, then he is more than happy, and nothing is too much trouble so long as people have eaten well and the food is good. I really wish him well, and I do hope that his restaurant goes from strength to strength. I know I shall be returning there, and I shall spread the word to as many people as I can.

I can honestly say that I have never had such brilliant service, and the food was excellent! We were both made to feel very special all the time we were there.

Egon Ronay where the heck are you ?

10/10 right across the board! (and I've got another helping for my meal tonight ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :sneaky: :yh_dance :yh_tong2

I did take a photo with my mobile phone, but so far have not been able to transfer it to my laptop grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've found a Link to a sort of website for the Melbourne House, but as they have only been going for about 4 months, there is not a lot of info so far.

http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/busi ... e-tea-room

Yes they do have a tea room, and they do all sorts of activities. There is a special Hallowe'en Night (fancy dress), and a special Guy Fawkes Night as well, with fireworks. During the summer they did do outdoor parties etc.
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

I will certainly pay a visit Gill If I get back to Norfolk. It Is about time Peter and I went out for a meal.

There Is an Indian near our home that we love because they do Lobster but very expensive. Around £5 for a large glass of red wine but Oh, so worth It. We go there for special nights out.

Well, It looks like I may get my mush In the local papers If I am not very careful... I am heading a BNP rally at a shopping precinct In Bristol saturday morning In the cause of 'Bring our boys home'.

We were very dissapointed that Tony Blair cancelled his book signing In London that we were all due to attend mob handed with all those eggs we had saved up so this may make up for It. I got my banner ready :wah: Just hope the UAF do not turn up or things could get nasty.

That's It... I am In for the night now and I shall pamper myself In the bath and de-flea the cats.

Sunny here again today.... looks like we are In for a barmy autumn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1333283 wrote: I will certainly pay a visit Gill If I get back to Norfolk. It Is about time Peter and I went out for a meal.

There Is an Indian near our home that we love because they do Lobster but very expensive. Around £5 for a large glass of red wine but Oh, so worth It. We go there for special nights out.

Well, It looks like I may get my mush In the local papers If I am not very careful... I am heading a BNP rally at a shopping precinct In Bristol saturday morning In the cause of 'Bring our boys home'.

We were very dissapointed that Tony Blair cancelled his book signing In London that we were all due to attend mob handed with all those eggs we had saved up so this may make up for It. I got my banner ready :wah: Just hope the UAF do not turn up or things could get nasty.

That's It... I am In for the night now and I shall pamper myself In the bath and de-flea the cats.

Sunny here again today.... looks like we are In for a barmy autumn.

Just so long as you leave your knuckle-duster and riot stick at home, Mrs ! :yh_rotfl :lips:
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1333286 wrote: Just so long as you leave your knuckle-duster and riot stick at home, Mrs ! :yh_rotfl :lips:

BNP rules for rallys In public places:

Always wear a suit:

Leave all Rottweilers and Pit Bull Terriers at home.

Ensure you also talk to peeps of ethnic origin when the local press have camera's on you.

Ignore threats from UAF members whilst making a thorough note of their faces for use at a later date.

Be polite and helpful at all times whilst Interacting with the Police:

At all times carry your Lawyers phone number In-case of Emergency's.

Wear flat shoe's In-case one must flee from the UAF:

Under no circumstances shout 'Come over here If you think you're hard enough' to the Police or UAF.

Insist to the local Constabluary that you had an accident with your cigg lighter when you burn the pic of Tony Blair:

If rioting UAF members advance, grab a small child and hold them Infront of you.
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello my friends in Gill's hut:-4

Just popping in to say hello and hope that you haven't forgotten me. I'm 'crazed' with work at school but happy. I love my school kidlets, and that's what's important. BUT...........oy vey, do they chat:-2:wah:

Thinking about everyone and hope to post more soon when things calm down. Chat more this weekend.

Lubs ya all:-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi KAthy ! so pleased to see you visiting my 'talk and mutter hut', hope you are OK. I know it is difficult for you to find the time to post very often at the moment, but don't forget to just sit back, close your eyes, and relax for a few minutes. Please don't over-do things Mrs ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-6 :yh_wink
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1333351 wrote: Hi KAthy ! so pleased to see you visiting my 'talk and mutter hut', hope you are OK. I know it is difficult for you to find the time to post very often at the moment, but don't forget to just sit back, close your eyes, and relax for a few minutes. Please don't over-do things Mrs ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-6 :yh_wink

I will Gill...promise...things will settle down once kids are in a routine and parents are stress free:wah:

Thank you Gill... I'm here with you all in spirit:-6
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Kathy Ellen;1333347 wrote: Hello my friends in Gill's hut:-4

Just popping in to say hello and hope that you haven't forgotten me. I'm 'crazed' with work at school but happy. I love my school kidlets, and that's what's important. BUT...........oy vey, do they chat:-2:wah:

Thinking about everyone and hope to post more soon when things calm down. Chat more this weekend.

Lubs ya all:-4 I know you're busy Kathy so no sweat. Good to see you here. You think Gill would have cleaned her room first wouldn't you? Look at all those un-washed coffee cups.

Gill.... Have a safe journey back from Norfolk... I will not be around tonight but will catch you later...Did you get the pics of Chris's butt???
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Oops, been away from the mutter hut too long, again! Hope all are OK though.

I did say I would try to get a couple of pics up showing that lovely restaurant that Chris took me to, so hopefully (this is the second time I've tried to post these pics) you will see our very exclusive dining room in a town called North Walsham in North Norfolk. The 'dining room' is called The Melbourne House.

Attached files
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Just for Oscar, although I have posted the pic before, perhaps on another thread though - Chris's butt !! :lips:

When I showed him the pic I wanted to post on here, he said "That's made a complete arse of me now, hasn't it?" but he did laugh about it :wah: :yh_sweat

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1334097 wrote: Just for Oscar, although I have posted the pic before, perhaps on another thread though - Chris's butt !! :lips:

When I showed him the pic I wanted to post on here, he said "That's made a complete arse of me now, hasn't it?" but he did laugh about it :wah: :yh_sweat
Tell Chris that as Butts go, that Is a mean butt :wah:

Well, the restaurant looks absolutely wonderful. The sort of place you see In a romantic tv series. I bet there Is plenty of Foxy's In those grounds.

I am off for an early night. Peter has a long day at the hospital tomorrow which Involves more CT scans.

Won't be home til late but I will catch yer soon. xxx
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Aye up Mrs,

Just popped In to say I will not be around much these next few days. I trust you and Chris are well. Catch you soon. xx
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1334095 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! Oops, been away from the mutter hut too long, again! Hope all are OK though.

I did say I would try to get a couple of pics up showing that lovely restaurant that Chris took me to, so hopefully (this is the second time I've tried to post these pics) you will see our very exclusive dining room in a town called North Walsham in North Norfolk. The 'dining room' is called The Melbourne House.

Hello!

Gill, that restaurant is just beautiful and looks so romantic. Wondering what you had to eat.

Not much happening here on my end. Just working and more working. :wah: Oh well, it keeps me busy and out of trouble. My businesses are doing very well and I've had to hire two people to help me with the vending machines. The one at the airport needs to be stocked every other day. The only pain with stocking it is the airport has to screen everything before it can go into the machine. I didn't have time to wait around so that's why I hired other people to help me.

Hope all of you are doing well and I'll talk to you soon!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Jazzy;1334918 wrote: Hello!

Gill, that restaurant is just beautiful and looks so romantic. Wondering what you had to eat.

Not much happening here on my end. Just working and more working. :wah: Oh well, it keeps me busy and out of trouble. My businesses are doing very well and I've had to hire two people to help me with the vending machines. The one at the airport needs to be stocked every other day. The only pain with stocking it is the airport has to screen everything before it can go into the machine. I didn't have time to wait around so that's why I hired other people to help me.

Hope all of you are doing well and I'll talk to you soon!

Ay up me ducks ! Hi Jazzy ! What a pain, all that checking you over, and the goods ! Still, that's what we all have to suffer now, since terrorism has stepped up a pace or two. Pity you've had to pay for extra staff, because of those checks.

The Melbourne House is a lovely place, and they do Bed & Breakfast (apparently breakfast is two of everything !), the cost is, at the moment £30 pppn, which is marvellous, compared to other establishments. We had roast beef and yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, loads of different veg and mashed potatoes, followed by home made apple pie and custard - and it was a struggle to get through it all (the chef, Gary, gave us four microwavable boxes filled with the remainder of the dinner that we couldn't manage, plus some added meat and veg, so we could have another meal back at the caravan the following day !). I just loathe wasting good food ! So the equivalent of four damn good meals cost the princely sum of £33.00 !!!!

At the moment I am busy transferring all the stuff I've accumulated on my laptop, onto my newly acquired external hard-drive ! I've moved all my pics, and all my documents, now I've got to try to sort out moving the emails in and out, and drafts that I want to save. It's a bit of a tedious task, but I've been wanting to do this for long enough, so that my poor little laptop can run quicker !

I hope everybody is feeling fine and coping with life ! TC

This is a pic of Chris talking on the mobile phone, before we had the landline put in! He had to bend over virtually on to the arm of the sofa in the caravan, because that was where the best signal was ! If he moved a couple of inches away from that position, the signal was lost ! :yh_rotfl

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"At the moment I am busy transferring all the stuff I've accumulated on my laptop, onto my newly acquired external hard-drive ! I've moved all my pics, and all my documents, now I've got to try to sort out moving the emails in and out, and drafts that I want to save. It's a bit of a tedious task, but I've been wanting to do this for long enough, so that my poor little laptop can run quicker !"

Hey, G#Gill! :)

I've been thinking about doing the same thing with my PC here at home. What kind of external hard-drive did you get?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

along-for-the-ride;1335013 wrote: "At the moment I am busy transferring all the stuff I've accumulated on my laptop, onto my newly acquired external hard-drive ! I've moved all my pics, and all my documents, now I've got to try to sort out moving the emails in and out, and drafts that I want to save. It's a bit of a tedious task, but I've been wanting to do this for long enough, so that my poor little laptop can run quicker !"

Hey, G#Gill! :)

I've been thinking about doing the same thing with my PC here at home. What kind of external hard-drive did you get?

Hi AFTR ! I got a 'Seagate' 1,000 Gb (should be enough storage for me LOL). It happened to be on offer (less £25 !), which was lucky for me, as I was looking to buy one any way ! It seems to be very 'user friendly' (needs to be for me LOL). So far I've moved all my photos and my documents over. I've got other stuff to move yet and also stuff for hubby and son. When I have finished, I shall do a defrag on my laptop, and a full scan, and hopefully my little laptop will be running as fast as it was when I first bought it, although it is not running too badly now. I have Windows XP. :-6:yh_bigsmi
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Just popped In to say Hi and Goodnight.

I have had a very long day at the races and long evening.

Peter Is very un-well right now also so time I went to bed.

I have a newpaper reporter calling on me In the morning :lips::lips::lips::lips: For now :wah:

Off to bed.

Night Gill and Chris.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1335036 wrote: Just popped In to say Hi and Goodnight.

I have had a very long day at the races and long evening.

Peter Is very un-well right now also so time I went to bed.

I have a newpaper reporter calling on me In the morning :lips::lips::lips::lips: For now :wah:

Off to bed.

Night Gill and Chris.

So sorry to hear Peter is not well. Wish him all the best from me please, and I'm sending kind thoughts and hopes from my house to yours. Take care, both of you and try to get some good rest.
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Just stopping by to say a quick hello. I hope you and Chris are both doing well. I've been very busy lately but it's good because it keeps me out of trouble.

Talk to you soon!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Just a short message today.

Ever building problems that have been affecting me, in Forum Garden, have reached a climax in the last couple of days I realise that it would be for the best all round if I take a break. It will be best for me,

I am on MSN, and some of you have a phone number for me, and there is also my email if you want to contact me. I will also pop in occasionally to check my PMs.

I am upset about all this, and it will take a while to come to terms with everything that has happened, so, I need the break. I need the time to have a good think about what I should do.
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1337567 wrote: Just a short message today.

Ever building problems that have been affecting me, in Forum Garden, have reached a climax in the last couple of days I realise that it would be for the best all round if I take a break. It will be best for me,

I am on MSN, and some of you have a phone number for me, and there is also my email if you want to contact me. I will also pop in occasionally to check my PMs.

I am upset about all this, and it will take a while to come to terms with everything that has happened, so, I need the break. I need the time to have a good think about what I should do.

Oh Gill:-4,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. We live in a world full of drama and people say nasty things to others that they're close to.

I've lost your email addy but will ask Oscar for it and email you.

I'm so sorry. Take a break please, but don't leave. You're one of the FG members that draws me back here.

Take care and try not to be too upset. These people who have hurt your feelings are not worth the time and effort.
kazalala

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by kazalala »

oh dear, another one bites the dust:thinking:shame:(

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Rapunzel

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Rapunzel »

G#Gill;1337567 wrote: Just a short message today.

Just tell me who it is and I'll punch them in the nose!
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

kazalala;1337666 wrote: oh dear, another one bites the dust:thinking:shame:( There seems to be a pattern here and It is getting ridiculous.

Gill.... You are one of the most popular members here and you are deeply cared about by members. If will be a dis-service to all of us here If you go. Do not give this person the satisfaction.

I will E Mail you when I get home and will E Mail Kathy with your addy if that is ok.
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1337728 wrote: There seems to be a pattern here and It is getting ridiculous.

Gill.... You are one of the most popular members here and you are deeply cared about by members. If will be a dis-service to all of us here If you go. Do not give this person the satisfaction.

I will E Mail you when I get home and will E Mail Kathy with your addy if that is ok.

Thanks Oscar:-6

I found Gill's email addy and emailed her last night.

Take care Gill and come back to FG soon. Don't let any twit run you out of FG:mad:
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

I'm so sorry to read this Gill but also very angry at the same time. How many members will it take leaving FG before they get rid of the twit responsible for it! :-5
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

:D;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Rapunzel;1337675 wrote: Just tell me who it is and I'll punch them in the nose!

You can punch me Rap, for some strange reason here everytime someone gets the least bit upset I get blamed for it.:sneaky::-5:rolleyes:

- to much drama & word calling when some have no idea what's going on.:yh_beatup:yh_ttth:rolleyes::driving:

If I said something to upset you Gill? as I said before...please pm or email me and we can get this straightened out like adults, but as always, you refuse, so don't blame me when I don't know what I said wrong.
Life is just to short for drama.
ZAP

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by ZAP »

oscar;1337728 wrote:

Gill.... You are one of the most popular members here and you are deeply cared about by members. If will be a dis-service to all of us here If you go. . . .

What Oscar said. I'll miss your posts!
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Did someone mention the twit by name? :thinking: If so, I must have missed that post. :yh_rotfl
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hello everyone,

not been on here for a good while now but i see things havnt changed much !!!!!!! :-2

didnt mean to be up this early but the dog decided he was going to be sick and thank heavens he held on to it long enuff for me to open the door for him to get outside. its bitterly cold but it looks like its gonna be another nice day.

this flu bug has still got me in its grip, every time i think its over, it seems to freshen up again !!!

getting things sorted now for my wedding, invites have all gone out, venue booked, whose doing wot with the food sorted. we were going away for a few days afterwards but the hubby to be now needs dental treatment at a cost of £1200 :-5 and the car needs new tyres :rolleyes: so im afraid somethings got to go on the back burner.

hope everyone is fit and well................... take care xx
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Hi all.... Just popped In to tell Gill that I am so sorry that I missed her phone call but Peter said he enjoyed the lovely chat you had while I was out.

I should be around more mid week but until then, I hope you are enjoying the break Gill.

Good to see you again Helen. Are you ready for Kauto on Boxing day?
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello Gill! :guitarist

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm thinking about you. Hope all is well with you and Chris. :-4

Can you please ask Chris to now get us a butt shot of you? :yh_rotfl

Take care and I'll talk to you soon!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! I'm still in Norfolk, just - returning at the weekend. Weather has been lousey but who's bothered? I'm still inflicted with this damn bug (thanks Chris x), so I've not been worried about not going out. I just have no energy at all, couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding :wah: Keep falling asleep during the day! :yh_sleep:yh_sleep

Oh and all the very best with your plans, Helen, it's great that you seem to have found happiness with a good man at last !!!! :-4

Jazzy, is this what you had in mind ????? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

[QUOTE=G#Gill;1341640]Ay up me ducks ! I'm still in Norfolk, just - returning at the weekend. Weather has been lousey but who's bothered? I'm still inflicted with this damn bug (thanks Chris x), so I've not been worried about not going out. I just have no energy at all, couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding :wah: Keep falling asleep during the day! :yh_sleep:yh_sleep

Gill:-4, it's sooooooooooooooooo good to see you back again. Sorry you're under the weather. Please take some more pics of your new home and area. I'd love to see them. You always take beautiful pics.
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Helen,

Jeez, it's good to see you and hear that you're getting married. That's absolutely wonderful. Good for you xxx
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Kathy, thanks for popping in Mrs. I haven't taken any pics this time around, but will try to take some the next time we're here - hopefully towards the end of November.

Chris put up a bird feeder on our verandah and has put loads of bird nuts out, and fat balls, and there's an empty dish for other scraps and a water dish. Chris put some food scraps in the dish and there are two crows who come down several times a day, and are systematicallly eating all the scraps ! I think they are a pair as they don't fight over the food and one of them keeps flaring his tail feathers at the other crow - possibly chatting her up? :-4
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1341670 wrote: Hi Kathy, thanks for popping in Mrs. I haven't taken any pics this time around, but will try to take some the next time we're here - hopefully towards the end of November.

Chris put up a bird feeder on our verandah and has put loads of bird nuts out, and fat balls, and there's an empty dish for other scraps and a water dish. Chris put some food scraps in the dish and there are two crows who come down several times a day, and are systematicallly eating all the scraps ! I think they are a pair as they don't fight over the food and one of them keeps flaring his tail feathers at the other crow - possibly chatting her up? :-4

Oh, MY GAWD Gill...you are too flippin funny:yh_rotfl

Janey....do male cows flip their tails at the ladies, I wonder:yh_rotfl.

It's nice to see that you're preparing everything to settle into your new home, and I hope it will be soon.

You and Chris are a lovely pair for sure, and I hope you find happiness in your new home soon:-4

All's good on the western front...just working away and dreading the long, snowy, icy storms that are heading our way. Listen to me...sorry...I'm worrying already about the storms...oy vey:-1:wah:
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

How's yer belly fur spots ? :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1341675 wrote:

How's yer belly fur spots ? :yh_rotflCan't talk im dancing.

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Carolly;1341676 wrote: Can't talk im dancing.

Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

Im all in after all that dancing so Night John Boy....Night ....whoever.:yh_tired
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Carolly;1341682 wrote:

Im all in after all that dancing so Night John Boy....Night ....whoever.:yh_tired

Night night all ! Night night HRH :yh_wink
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Well I'm back home again. bringing my bug with me LOL. On the way, I had to take some pics of the gorgeous Autumn colours in the trees. All shades of yellow, orange, brown and red, with just a few trees hanging tenaciously on to their green leaves, which I'm sure will have to surrender to the deepening Autumn colours all too soon.

YouTube - Summer is over Dusty Springfield

(I used to sing this in my band, when we played a selection of waltzes ! I'd forgotten all about it till I played it just now !!) :wah:

I've not been inspired to transfer the pics from my camera to the laptop as yet, Kathy, but I will try to do it in the next few days. I hope they come out OK as I took them through the car window ! :yh_rotfl

I hope everybody is OK, and if you've got what the Aussies call 'the wog', I really sympathise, as it is certainly no fun ! Take care all :-6
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

Just popping by to say hello. Gill, I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you get better soon! Good try with that picture, Gill, but that was a shoulder shot of you not a butt shot! :wah:

Weather here is dreadful as it's so very cold. We are right now getting sleet mixed in with a few snow flakes. :( Oh well, it is that time of year and I'm glad I found a snow plow company.

I have a squirrel feeder in my backyard attached to a tree. The squirrels have to open the top in order to grab a peanut. Go figure that a squirrel figured it out but instead of taking one peanut, it jumped inside and the lid closed. :wah: It was happy as heck to be trapped inside with all the peanuts and didn't even try to get out. I finally had to go out there and prop the top open with a stick. After a very long time, the squirrel came out but it looked like a balloon from eating so much. It's a lot of fun to watch the squirrels try to figure out how to get the peanuts. There's one squirrel that opnes it now and throws peanuts on the ground for the others that can't figure it out. Now that's what I call team work! :wah:

Hope you feel better soon Gill and to others reading this, I hope you are all doing well.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Jazzy, good to see you popping in, and I enjoyed your squirrel tales :wah: it's a pity you haven't got a few pics to show us ! However, I have managed to get myself motivated to load mine onto my laptop, so here's hoping they're OK.

Sorry, but I did transfer the pics from my digital camera to my laptop, but I can't find them at the moment ! :-5 I know they're in there somewhere, but I just can't be arsed at the moment :rolleyes::(

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”