God bless America and President Obama

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I've spent the last few weeks teaching my wee ones, my darling 3rd graders, the beauty of our country....AMERICA.....Land of the free and home of the brave.

We watched a fabulous video of Martin Luther King, and the children cried when they saw how the African Americans were treated years ago. They just couldn't understand how one could be treated so badly. Children at this age do not see color or bondage...they see human beings and freedom to express their ideas.....To dance, to sing, to walk on your hands, to have cuddly webkinz and to give lots of hugs and kisses.

We took a virtual tour of the White House and all of its glory. Oh, they were so impressed with the size and magnificence of the White House. I told them that if I was President Obama's child and could do anything I wanted on the 1st night home, I would jump on my bike in glee and ride all around the White House visiting every room and screaming with delight. One of the teachers heard me and said that she would put on a pair of her purple fuzzy socks and slide around all the rooms. We then wrote a paragraph of what each would do if they were our President's child on their 1st day in their new home. Can't wait to read them tomorrow:-4

We watched President Obama's Inauguration and each child sat there glued to the program in awe. I couldn't believe how focused they were for all of that time. I pointed out all of the dignitaries as they appeared on the screen at the capitol. It was an enchanting and heart-warming event to say the least.

As I was pointing out all of our former Presidents and their wives who were still alive, I started to just chock up and cry. I couldn't help myself....Tears and laughter go hand-in-hand I guess. It was so wonderful to see them so happy and peaceful, and then so sad for me to see them age and know they won't be here forever. Guess I kept thinking of my Mom and Dad and miss them so much. Wish we could stay young forever:-4.

My wee ones realized that I was in bits and ran over to comfort me. We did a group hug and sang a song. They proclaimed that I was the Queen of the world, and proceeded to draw beautiful pictures of me in all of my finest attire. You would have been so proud of me......I was young, beautiful and had lovely shoes and jewelry on...;) Yes, indeedy...it was a good day had by all:) I must take some pictures that my kidlets drew so you can see how really beautiful I am:-4

My kidlets love our country and hope that, with patience, we will one day see America standing proud and tall as we should be...a nation amongst nations wearing their finest...dressed to the nines:D

I was also so pleased with the Obamas for all of their warmth and kindness shown to the Bushes....all of their special gifts were endearing:-6. I also loved the fact that they attended the dinner for John McCain....;) That was a class act;)

I adore my country, and I'm also proud of all of the countries that our Forum Garden members hail from....I'm thankful of all that you do within your country to make this a "Wonderful World."
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Lovely post Kathy:yh_flag:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
cars

Post by cars »

Well said KE! And yes, you can be very proud that you are the queen of the world to your lovely kidlets!

I hope that Obama does himself proud, and also makes his country proud! May God Bless him!
Cars :)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

A very fine day indeed, Kathy Ellen. For America. And for all of us. Ignore the bile, bitterness and bitchiness of the very few (Americans and others). Most of FG is with Mr Obama, with America, with Americans in general, and of course absolutely with you in particular. An excellent thread!!!!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Didn't michelle look beautiful? :-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

What a wonderful day you had with your kids.

Thanks for letting us share in it. :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Indeed, Kindle. Kathy's kids are very lucky!!!!!

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Very nice post Cathy, it must have been a proud day for you over there. I am glad that you feel so positively that your new President can help the country deal with its problems. We all hope that he can. :yh_flag:yh_flag

We could do with some new leaders over here as well. :yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Very hopeful times, Galbers.

And really I don't give a tinkers what the Presiden't wife was wearing... I mean, honestly....... is this really relevant in our current world mess?

I am off tomorrow, part work, part play - in Asia. I'll be most interested to get the feeling there. I am very optimistic. And optimism is a feeling in short supply these days. Let's enjoy it!!

:-6

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I have never been an Obama supporter, but now that he is our president I will stand behind him and hope that he is very successful. :yh_flag:yh_flag
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Good on you, Shelbell !!! That is a most commendable stance to take.

cars

Post by cars »

shelbell;1116354 wrote: I have never been an Obama supporter, but now that he is our president I will stand behind him and hope that he is very successful. :yh_flag:yh_flag
Right shel, I didn't vote for Obama, for lack of experience. But now I really hope he does himself & his country proud!

:yh_flag :yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag
Cars :)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

What a wonderful story, Kathy. You look in the young ones eyes, and see the future in front of you. You teach them all about love of country, love of others and themselves. We will see a different day as these children grow up, and won't it be a joy to see? :-4
double helix

Post by double helix »

What a wonderful teacher you must be! Fine post. Keep it up.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

shelbell;1116354 wrote: I have never been an Obama supporter, but now that he is our president I will stand behind him and hope that he is very successful. :yh_flag:yh_flag

I love that post Shel.........Speak volumes and I am proud to be friends with you guys:-4

Kathy, wonderful post babes, my kids are loving Obama and watched his speech and our papers here published memorable posters for peeps to keep and they both asked for one to put with their keepsake stuff...

Your a great teacher, friend and lovely lovely lady:-4
Raven

Post by Raven »

It's going to be a VERY interesting next 4 years to be sure!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Raven

Post by Raven »

People in general have an amazing ability to adapt and overcome whatever obstacles come their way. The world has suddenly become a VERY interesting place! No WAY can anyone say it's boring anymore!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

cars;1116451 wrote: Right shel, I didn't vote for Obama, for lack of experience. But now I really hope he does himself & his country proud!

:yh_flag :yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag:yh_flag

I agree. :-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”