Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1341884 wrote: I had a bit of a scare last night:thinking:

I've been sick with the flu since Thursday. On Saturday, I fell asleep around 5 PM and was awakened from a deep sleep about 7 PM. There was a terrible pounding on all of my back windows and doors and strong lights looking through all the windows and doors. All of my lights were off as I fell asleep during the day.

Jeez, I was up in a flash in a total state of confusion and fear......didn't know what was happening.

Seems there was a robbery, yet again.....last one was 2 wks ago...also on a Saturday, in my area.

It was the police banging on my house. They were running through the neighborhood looking for the robbers. They thought it odd that my window was a bit open and thought the robbers might be in my house as they saw a faint light and thought the robbers were using a flashlight...it was my computer light on....and they heard a noise inside. That would be me:thinking:

They were about to break down the door I think. Luckily, I went to the door, and they were glad to see me, and told me what happened.

I was shaking so much for a long time after this. It's frightening to think someone could come into your home while you're asleep.

Oh well, another day in paradise:thinking::-2

It's awful to be woken up suddenly in scary circumstances. Being in your own home is about feeling safe !!! I'm sending a big hug, Kathy. I hope your flu is better now too!!! I'm just back in Australia and enjoying the warmth and sunshine. xxx
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1342189 wrote: It's awful to be woken up suddenly in scary circumstances. Being in your own home is about feeling safe !!! I'm sending a big hug, Kathy. I hope your flu is better now too!!! I'm just back in Australia and enjoying the warmth and sunshine. xxx

Oh Pam,

It's lovely to hear that you've landed safely back in Oz. I know that you had a wonderful walkabout in Europe. You must tell us all about it.

It was so frightening to hear about the Quantis airbus having a failed engine in mid air. It seems like everyone is ok...hope so. Happy you weren't on that plane Pam:-4

Yes, it is so frightening that we're not safe in our own home. The buggers have not been caught yet.

I'll email you soon.xxx

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”