Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1255453 wrote: Maybe you scared her off telling her she had blue hair!! :wah:

well, you saw her to, blue hair?

she's gone mad!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

qsducks;1255275 wrote: Ok, KE...I'm dropping off a mid afternoon meal for you............

Hi Shelbell, Odie, Ducky. Funny about the Caesar Salad - I was just telling him indoors how much I fancied that - but for the evening meal, with boiled eggs, croutons, anchovies and crispy bacon... and of course that lovely cos lettuce. YUMMISSIMO!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

AussiePam;1255470 wrote: Hi Shelbell, Odie, Ducky. Funny about the Caesar Salad - I was just telling him indoors how much I fancied that - but for the evening meal, with boiled eggs, croutons, anchovies and crispy bacon... and of course that lovely cos lettuce. YUMMISSIMO!!!

Hi Pam! I've got to agree about the bacon...one of the worlds finest foods! :wah:
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

And an essential food group all on its own, Shelbell - along with coffee, cheese, figs, red wine, good olive oil, crusty bread and garlic.

I just had a very fine Saturday lunch of rockmelon (canteloupe) and leg ham sliced off the bone before my eyes by the local butcher.. a few leaves of cos lettuce grown on a farm I passed yesterday, and a tomato from the same..... ahhhhhhhhhhh. Bliss.

Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1255470 wrote: Hi Shelbell, Odie, Ducky. Funny about the Caesar Salad - I was just telling him indoors how much I fancied that - but for the evening meal, with boiled eggs, croutons, anchovies and crispy bacon... and of course that lovely cos lettuce. YUMMISSIMO!!!

hello Pam, nice to see you again!

where's Kathy tonight, is she on a hot date?:sneaky:

love Caesar salad the best, and with those ingredients..oh so yummy!
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Hubs had it last night for dinner with tuna on it...& he's not into the caesar dressing, preferes 1000 Island instead:wah:
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Odie and Ducky. Nicoise salad is good too.. tuna, egg, potato, olives, green beans, lettuce... enjoy!!

Attached files

Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1255760 wrote: Hi Odie and Ducky. Nicoise salad is good too.. tuna, egg, potato, olives, green beans, lettuce... enjoy!!

Hi Pam, I wonder if Kathy is okay, haven't seen her here all day.:(

I've never heard of that salad, but it looks yummy!
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1255799 wrote: Hi Pam, I wonder if Kathy is okay, haven't seen her here all day.:(

I've never heard of that salad, but it looks yummy!

Hi Odie:-6

Thanks so much for thinking about me. I'm fine....posted earlier in FG and then went to my fav Irish pub this afternoon with some friends. We had a great afternoon catching up on all the chat:p

Hope all is good with you:-6
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1255859 wrote: Hi Odie:-6

Thanks so much for thinking about me. I'm fine....posted earlier in FG and then went to my fav Irish pub this afternoon with some friends. We had a great afternoon catching up on all the chat:p

Hope all is good with you:-6

awwwwwwww you missed so many good posts here!:-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yes, I was getting worried, as I hadn`t seen you here since last night.

glad you had a great time...you needed that.:-4
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1255871 wrote: awwwwwwww you missed so many good posts here!:-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

yes, I was getting worried, as I hadn`t seen you here since last night.

glad you had a great time...you needed that.:-4

Thanks Odie...I'll catch up.

We're having an awful storm here right now. The winds and rain are gale force and my windows are shaking.....very scary:-3
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1255876 wrote: Thanks Odie...I'll catch up.

We're having an awful storm here right now. The winds and rain are gale force and my windows are shaking.....very scary:-3

don't be afraid...I do know what that's like though, when your alone.

we had high high winds just last night...I put my fan on high so I couldn't hear them.:(
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

Storming merrily here too.. Batten down the hatches, Kathy. Did you see the neat little Irish poem I posted yesterday for Raven. The only time those Irish monks of old could relax and feel safe was when the storm was raging...

Bitter is the wind tonight.

It tosses the ocean's white hair.

Tonight I fear not the fierce warriors of Norway

Coursing on the Irish Sea.

9th century.

Is acher in gaith in-nocht,

fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:

ni agor reimm mora minn

dond laechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

You really have to read this in Irish for the alliteration, even if you don't understand a single word of the original.

Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1255895 wrote: Storming merrily here too.. Batten down the hatches, Kathy. Did you see the neat little Irish poem I posted yesterday for Raven. The only time those Irish monks of old could relax and feel safe was when the storm was raging...

9th century.

ni agor reimm mora minn

You really have to read this in Irish for the alliteration, even if you don't understand a single word of the original.

keep safe Pam!:-4
minks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by minks »

we had snow yesterday the giant flakes, the ones that if they get you in the eye you feel like you are drowning. Then it got darn cold and everything turned to ice. today is sunny and warmer.

Hi KE i don't have anything terribly entertaining on my mind today been another weekend of being ill (ecoli sure kicks it outta ya) but I guess I can share my doggie story with you.

My guy has been over all weekend and yesterday his buddy dropped in and brought with him his 2 very lovely well behaved pitbulls. both are fixed and both have awesomely friendly personalities. (Oh I know you would not like them KE don't worry I shant intorduce them to you) any ways these dogs prolly weigh about 150lbs each.... well surprise surprise my little pomm cross snarls at them both then runs and jumps up into Jr Minks lap and refuses to move for the entire visit. I guess she isn't as tough as she thought she was. It was a nice visit and Jr Minks fell in love with the Pitties. Our other dog adjusted as well as was to expected being as he is the soul male of the house. :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Raining here KE as sure as it is at your place. Good thing you made your dinners this weekend..no day for the grill for sure. I left you some goodies if you don't feel like cooking...you can add the hot peppers:wah:

minks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by minks »

qsducks;1256632 wrote: Raining here KE as sure as it is at your place. Good thing you made your dinners this weekend..no day for the grill for sure. I left you some goodies if you don't feel like cooking...you can add the hot peppers:wah:

ducky I think I wanna come over to your house for dinner mmmmm thems look good.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
mikeinie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by mikeinie »

Hi Kathy, you might like this:

It is a web site called ‘Overheard in Dublin’. Basically whenever people hear some funny conversations, or see something that would be typically funny, they post it to this site. There is some good stuff in here that would be real ‘Irish Humor’.

take a look: there is some funny stuff in here

Overheard in Dublin
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1256687 wrote: Hi Kathy, you might like this:

It is a web site called ‘Overheard in Dublin’. Basically whenever people hear some funny conversations, or see something that would be typically funny, they post it to this site. There is some good stuff in here that would be real ‘Irish Humor’.

Overheard in Dublin

There is some funny stuff on that site.:wah:
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

good morning Teacher!:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1256945 wrote: good morning Teacher!:wah:

Morning Odie..How are ya doin:p
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1255895 wrote: Storming merrily here too.. Batten down the hatches, Kathy. Did you see the neat little Irish poem I posted yesterday for Raven. The only time those Irish monks of old could relax and feel safe was when the storm was raging...

9th century.

ni agor reimm mora minn

Lovely Pam...thanks:-4
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

minks;1256029 wrote: we had snow yesterday the giant flakes, the ones that if they get you in the eye you feel like you are drowning. Then it got darn cold and everything turned to ice. today is sunny and warmer.

Hi KE i don't have anything terribly entertaining on my mind today been another weekend of being ill (ecoli sure kicks it outta ya) but I guess I can share my doggie story with you.

My guy has been over all weekend and yesterday his buddy dropped in and brought with him his 2 very lovely well behaved pitbulls. both are fixed and both have awesomely friendly personalities. (Oh I know you would not like them KE don't worry I shant intorduce them to you) any ways these dogs prolly weigh about 150lbs each.... well surprise surprise my little pomm cross snarls at them both then runs and jumps up into Jr Minks lap and refuses to move for the entire visit. I guess she isn't as tough as she thought she was. It was a nice visit and Jr Minks fell in love with the Pitties. Our other dog adjusted as well as was to expected being as he is the soul male of the house. :wah:

I can't believe you have snow already Mel. I'm really dreading the heavy snow and ice storms here at the beach. It's so difficult shovelling out and driving to work in the dark:(

I'm still afraid of certain dogs:o Just don't like them:p
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1256632 wrote: Raining here KE as sure as it is at your place. Good thing you made your dinners this weekend..no day for the grill for sure. I left you some goodies if you don't feel like cooking...you can add the hot peppers:wah:

Thanks Ducky. I haven't made the asparagus yet. But, I bought an indoor grill and I'm into veggie burgers and home made chips.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

We have next week off instead of having this week in February:rolleyes:

I'd rather the week in February, but am thrilled to have the time now to catch up on life. I plan to take a few trips to NY and visit some of the "old lost and forgotten towns of Noo Joisey." I've lived in NJ all of my life and never visited the southwest part of my state...just passed through along the Noo Joisey turnpike. Also plan to visit some of the wineries in the sw.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mikeinie;1256687 wrote: Hi Kathy, you might like this:

Overheard in Dublin

Oh Mike,

I just saw your post....I will look at it tonight after work. Thank you so much for posting it;)
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1257143 wrote: Morning Odie..How are ya doin:p

I' m just fine thanks, trying to get all the leaves raked that fell during rain and winds, but it just keeps raining everyday!:yh_rotfl

and starting a Christmas craft project and it should be quite fun!
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1257147 wrote: Thanks Ducky. I haven't made the asparagus yet. But, I bought an indoor grill and I'm into veggie burgers and home made chips.

I bought a Cuisinart fryer at a yard sale not long ago...so easy to use & cuts down on the grease...will have to try homemade chips...making homemade veggie soup today with pumpernickel bread:-4..certainly a good day for it.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1257165 wrote: I' m just fine thanks, trying to get all the leaves raked that fell during rain and winds, but it just keeps raining everyday!:yh_rotfl

and starting a Christmas craft project and it should be quite fun!

Oh those flippin leaves Odie. I ripped out my whole lawn and a big, ugly tree in my yard, and put pavers down. I hated mowing, raking and plucking weeds. But, now I have to pick up leaves from my neighbors across the street and especially the one behind me:mad:

So I hired a lawn guy and had him blow the leaves back into my neighbor's yard after all the leaves have fallen, and the lawn guy also weed wacks the weeds between the pavers. :yh_rotfl:p
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1257182 wrote: I bought a Cuisinart fryer at a yard sale not long ago...so easy to use & cuts down on the grease...will have to try homemade chips...making homemade veggie soup today with pumpernickel bread:-4..certainly a good day for it.

Hi Ducky,

What does the fryer look like???? Maybe I'll get one. I love to fry certain items and have one of those small, deep fryers. But, I worry about using the oil over and over again:confused:
mikeinie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by mikeinie »

Kathy Ellen;1257253 wrote: Oh those flippin leaves Odie. I ripped out my whole lawn and a big, ugly tree in my yard, and put pavers down. I hated mowing, raking and plucking weeds. But, now I have to pick up leaves from my neighbors across the street and especially the one behind me:mad:

So I hired a lawn guy and had him blow the leaves back into my neighbor's yard after all the leaves have fallen, and the lawn guy also weed wacks the weeds between the pavers. :yh_rotfl:p

I kind of do the same thing with dog shyt. When my neighbor's dog does his number on my lawn, I scoop it up and drop it in his driveway.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mikeinie;1257255 wrote: I kind of do the same thing with dog shyt. When my neighbor's dog does his number on my lawn, I scoop it up and drop it in his driveway.

Ahhhh Thanks Mike...loved the Dublin thread. I really appreciate the humor of the Dublin people and also the Castlebellingham, Louth people. It was lashing rain in Dublin one day. We decided to hop into an empty hansom cab, wait for the driver and ask him to drive us home. Well, he appears at the window of the car 15 minutes later with a big smile on his face, shaving his beard and drinking his tea.

Ahhhhhs says he, "What do we have here...two lovely wee lassies awaiting their knight in shining armor......I'm shaving me beard for ya so I'll be presentable....."Then he and his mate hands us 2 cups of tea and sings "Rare Old Times" for us:yh_rotfl:-4 Janney, ya wouldn't get that humor in NY:rolleyes:

About the dog poo....good on ya...I've done the same.:p
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1257253 wrote: Oh those flippin leaves Odie. I ripped out my whole lawn and a big, ugly tree in my yard, and put pavers down. I hated mowing, raking and plucking weeds. But, now I have to pick up leaves from my neighbors across the street and especially the one behind me:mad:

I get the neighbours trees as well, so it adds up to roughly 20 brown leaf bags, thing is other years, Mike has one it........

its not easy on my back.

I have a leaf collector I bought, as I cannot rake, its like a lawnmower, but not powered, I push it along and it picks up the leaves with a rake on the end, once the bag is full, I have to empty it and start again.

be careful blowing them onto your neigborus backyard, I know its his tree, but here its called an act of god......ex: if my neighbours tree fell on my garage, its up to his insurance to pay for my damage, not mine.

mikeinie;1257255 wrote: I kind of do the same thing with dog shyt. When my neighbor's dog does his number on my lawn, I scoop it up and drop it in his driveway.

shocked your neighbour allows his dog to shyt on anyone's lawn?

everyone here when walking their dogs, brings a paper bag and scoops it themselves, that's just common courtesy....if someone's dog did that on my lawn?

I'd do the same thing you do Mike.
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1257254 wrote: Hi Ducky,

What does the fryer look like???? Maybe I'll get one. I love to fry certain items and have one of those small, deep fryers. But, I worry about using the oil over and over again:confused:

Its a little bigger than the one pictured..I can do the kids fries in it. Mine is a Cuisinart.

Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thanks Ducky...I might just invest in one of those yokes:D I love to fry.
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I just wanna say that I have a week off as of now, and I am over the moon....YEEEHAAAAAAA....Freedom for a bit of time.

Although I have lots to do with cleaning my home, organizing my files****ha,ha...really just shreading ****:yh_rotfl, and marking millions of papers, doing report cards...yada...yada...yada...

I will still have time to take a few road trips next week. I plan to make a few trips into NY for some fun times meeting my brother and his beloved:-4 for some good times and making some "Blue Highways" trips through the old and forgotten towns of NJ.

One of our members, Ozay, loves to take bike trips which I love. and I'll share some of my car trips with him.

Lovely then... I plan to spend Saturday just eating pizza, drinking a beer or 2 or more:D, reading all of this week's newspapers and magazines and just being damn lazy:-6
AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

Kathy Ellen;1257574 wrote: I just wanna say that I have a week off as of now, and I am over the moon....YEEEHAAAAAAA....Freedom for a bit of time.

Although I have lots to do with cleaning my home, organizing my files****ha,ha...really just shreading ****:yh_rotfl, and marking millions of papers, doing report cards...yada...yada...yada...

I will still have time to take a few road trips next week. I plan to make a few trips into NY for some fun times meeting my brother and his beloved:-4 for some good times and making some "Blue Highways" trips through the old and forgotten towns of NJ.

One of our members, Ozay, loves to take bike trips which I love. and I'll share some of my car trips with him.

Lovely then... I plan to spend Saturday just eating pizza, drinking a beer or 2 or more:D, reading all of this week's newspapers and magazines and just being damn lazy:-6

Awesome Kathy!!! Gosh I wish I could join you in NYC....

Kathy Ellen wrote: I love to fry.

Me too. And it's Halloween here so very soon I'll be joining the bats, frying on my trusty bloomstick.

:sneaky:

Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1257574 wrote: I just wanna say that I have a week off as of now, and I am over the moon....YEEEHAAAAAAA....Freedom for a bit of time.

Oh nice to have a break Kathy!

I would love to see New York!:guitarist

AussiePam;1257698 wrote: Awesome Kathy!!! Gosh I wish I could join you in NYC....

Me too. And it's Halloween here so very soon I'll be joining the bats, frying on my trusty bloomstick.

:sneaky:

Hi Pam!

It is Halloween, bats and cats!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

nice you have a week off already, what did you do today Kathy?
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

mikeinie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by mikeinie »

Hi Kathy

There has been some rain here over the past week with really bad flooding in areas. Even in areas that have never historically been flooded before. It is a real mess, especially in the Southwest. It is not over yet with more rain on the way.

Carlow

Carlow

Cork

Cork

Dublin

Galway

Galway

AussiePam

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by AussiePam »

Blimey, Mike!! I knew Ireland got rain... but that's ridiculous.

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy!!!!!!!

qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Got most of the turkey day stuff over with, Quin is sick....still have to pick up the turkey, etc. Quin will be staying home with daddy tomorrow morning while Cecelia & I go get the goodies...:)
mikeinie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by mikeinie »

mikeinie;1265537 wrote: Hi Kathy

There has been some rain here over the past week with really bad flooding in areas. Even in areas that have never historically been flooded before. It is a real mess, especially in the Southwest. It is not over yet with more rain on the way.

Carlow

Carlow

Cork

Cork

Dublin

Galway

Galway

Floods now rated as the worst in 800 years with more heavy rain fall to come.

The damn in Claire came to within 4cm of overflowing for they needed to let 500 tons per second free. More rainfall coming in this weekend, things are going to get worse.

Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Happy Thanksgiving!

It must have been a wonderful time spending it with family and friends at such a posh hotel.:guitarist
G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving :-6 :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mikeinie;1266399 wrote: Floods now rated as the worst in 800 years with more heavy rain fall to come.

The damn in Claire came to within 4cm of overflowing for they needed to let 500 tons per second free. More rainfall coming in this weekend, things are going to get worse.

Oh Mike:-6,

Thank you for the info that I've just read now. I have cousins who live in Dublin, Clair and Killarney. I will call tomorrow to see how they are. But, I think they would have called if they were near the floods. They all live up the hill from the ocean and rivers thank goodness.

I'm so sorry that Ireland and the UK are going through such terrible floods. That is truly awful. I feel so badly for the people loosing so much:(

I will have to look into this more:(
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you Odie and Gill....I had a blast:p:-6
mrsK

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by mrsK »

Hello Kathy:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1267228 wrote: Thank you Odie and Gill....I had a blast:p:-6

I'll bet the food was spectular, did everyone have turkey?

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”