How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1531834 wrote: Americans think God is sending serious message with coronavirus

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/americans-t ... ronavirus/

Yes - and it's spreading most within Churches.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1531902 wrote: Yes - and it's spreading most within Churches.

That's kind of difficult seeing how 99% of Churches aren't meeting. I had Church this morning watching my Pastor on the Internet.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1531919 wrote: That's kind of difficult seeing how 99% of Churches aren't meeting. I had Church this morning watching my Pastor on the Internet.

Just a few examples...

https://politics.theonion.com/southern- ... 3VcbmPgvjo

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/202 ... 6L8ykPc0eE
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1531920 wrote: Just a few examples...

https://politics.theonion.com/southern- ... 3VcbmPgvjo

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/202 ... 6L8ykPc0eE

I never said there weren't Churches here and there that are doing that, but the vast majority are not. There are also islamic mosques and hindu temples doing the same thing. My Church isn't doing that. One thing to note is that not all areas are affected the same by the virus. My area is one of the hardest hit in the US by the virus because we have an International Airport here.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1531922 wrote: I never said there weren't Churches here and there that are doing that, but the vast majority are not. There are also islamic mosques and hindu temples doing the same thing. My Church isn't doing that. One thing to note is that not all areas are affected the same by the virus. My area is one of the hardest hit in the US by the virus because we have an International Airport here.

Our airports are closed.

As I said earlier, there are a number of States which are making an exemption to Places of Worship (Churches for the vastly most part) as far as mass gatherings are concerned, and while State Lines remain open they will still continue to spread it. Mark my words, America is likely to be hardest hit at all, not because of its size, but because of its predisposition for Superstition.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1531923 wrote: Our airports are closed.

As I said earlier, there are a number of States which are making an exemption to Places of Worship (Churches for the vastly most part) as far as mass gatherings are concerned, and while State Lines remain open they will still continue to spread it. Mark my words, America is likely to be hardest hit at all, not because of its size, but because of its predisposition for Superstition.

The Airports are closed now, but not before the virus was spread here and to other places before they were closed. The numbers are high in America also because their is more extensive testing being done here than anywhere else. Dr. Fauci and others have said that for every person who gets diagnosed with the virus, there are 10x or more that amount that have it that didn't get treated or diagnosed.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531932 wrote: The Airports are closed now, but not before the virus was spread here and to other places before they were closed. The numbers are high in America also because their is more extensive testing being done here than anywhere else. Dr. Fauci and others have said that for every person who gets diagnosed with the virus, there are 10x or more that amount that have it that didn't get treated or diagnosed.

Sorry, but, no. There are not mores tests being done in the US than anywhere else.

And more people are turned away at many locations than are being tested.

Though, yes, as Dr Fauci said, there are far more that have been exposed, and not showing symptoms, and they are not easily counted unless they are tested.

The figures actually prove to be 80% or more of those exposed do not express the severe symptoms that require medical attention.

And the figures show that all of those can, and do infect others who they come in contact with.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1531935 wrote: Sorry, but, no. There are not mores tests being done in the US than anywhere else.

And more people are turned away at many locations than are being tested.

Though, yes, as Dr Fauci said, there are far more that have been exposed, and not showing symptoms, and they are not easily counted unless they are tested.

The figures actually prove to be 80% or more of those exposed do not express the severe symptoms that require medical attention.

And the figures show that all of those can, and do infect others who they come in contact with.

CNN criticized after graphic wrongly states Trump was 'incorrect' about US virus testing claim

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-criti ... ting-claim

That's exactly right. 80% or more exposed don't express severe symptoms which dramatically brings the death toll down. I have been debating that on my Facebook for the last 2 weeks.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531941 wrote: CNN criticized after graphic wrongly states Trump was 'incorrect' about US virus testing claim

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-criti ... ting-claim

That's exactly right. 80% or more exposed don't express severe symptoms which dramatically brings the death toll down. I have been debating that on my Facebook for the last 2 weeks.

That fox article is a collection of literal spaghetti talk.

We have more confirmed cases of the thing, and of course all of those confirmed cases are associated with tests performed.

However if you look at the data of tests per capita, Iceland comes out on top.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Those Prayers Accross The World Are Being Answered

U.S. Coronavirus Hospitalizations Lower than Predicted: NY Marks 75% Drop

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... 2M9-tPpdVU
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1531951 wrote: Those Prayers Accross The World Are Being Answered

U.S. Coronavirus Hospitalizations Lower than Predicted: NY Marks 75% Drop

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... 2M9-tPpdVU

All it really says is that there are fewer hospitalized patients than some computer models predicted.

That could be good news.

I suppose that it may indicate that some of the measures put in place by authorities have proved to be effective.

Problem is that there are computer models that go all over the place.

They kind of look like the "Spaghetti Maps." That the weather service puts out for Hurricane path projections.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Then there was Trump silencing Fauci when he was asked asked about the effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine.

https://god.dailydot.com/galonski-crime ... N-xU2FUNCc
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Man says God healed him of COVID-19 by breathing into his lungs

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/man-says-go ... ing-lungs/
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1531992 wrote: Man says God healed him of COVID-19 by breathing into his lungs

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/man-says-go ... ing-lungs/

The vast majority of people with C19 recover anyway. No doubt he was one of that majority. No big deal there.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532033 wrote: The vast majority of people with C19 recover anyway. No doubt he was one of that majority. No big deal there.

But when they have a bad reaction, many times it is lethal. I agree that this whole Corona Virus thing is WAY over blown. Shutting things down was not necessary. In Countries that didn't shut things down they are having lower death rates than the US.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Xfrod. it is you. and these fundamentalists that almost. put me out of the church altogethealtogether that almost put me out of the church. your got is too small but you and others have created the god you spout of about. You have made god to small.

I do not believe. the bible is the inner ant word of GODthat belongs to the risen one.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532034 wrote: But when they have a bad reaction, many times it is lethal. I agree that this whole Corona Virus thing is WAY over blown. Shutting things down was not necessary. In Countries that didn't shut things down they are having lower death rates than the US.

Well, I have seen it "up close and personal"

not me personally. I managed to avoid the thing, so far, but I personally know several who died from the thing, and several who spent days in ventilated, induced comas, and survived.

I also know a number of people who will likely die if they are not protected from exposure.

Since the availability of testing is nearly nil, and a vaccination is still months away - not to mention that once it is developed and tested and approved, it will take months, to even a year before it is readily available to the general public, I believe that only an ignorant lout could think that this is "WAY over blown"

(And no I am not calling you an ignorant lout, but I am suggesting that you have been listening to some of them far too much.)
- DH Lawrence
Ted

Post by Ted »

It might be interesting to-sort. out the meaning Myth, legend, midrash.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1532034 wrote: But when they have a bad reaction, many times it is lethal. I agree that this whole Corona Virus thing is WAY over blown. Shutting things down was not necessary. In Countries that didn't shut things down they are having lower death rates than the US.

A clear demonstration of how Religion is the most dangerous thing on the face of the earth.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1532046 wrote: Xfrod. it is you. and these fundamentalists that almost. put me out of the church altogethealtogether that almost put me out of the church. your got is too small but you and others have created the god you spout of about. You have made god to small.

I do not believe. the bible is the inner ant word of GODthat belongs to the risen one.

I am sorry that you think that you were mistreated, but what have I done to run you off or mistreat you? You can't blame me for anything that others have done to you because I have been spiritually abused by idiots who weren't living Christ like lives. If your problem is with my views, then I make no apology. I believe what the Bible says because the Bible is God's Word.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Ted;1532048 wrote: It might be interesting to-sort. out the meaning Myth, legend, midrash.

It might also be benificial to know the date of origin of Midrash vs the writing of the Bible. For instance, midrash didn't even come along until the 2nd Century AD. The Bible was completed by 90 AD.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532095 wrote: It might also be benificial to know the date of origin of Midrash vs the writing of the Bible. For instance, midrash didn't even come along until the 2nd Century AD. The Bible was completed by 90 AD.

You've said that before.

But the actual Bible was not completed until after the Council of Nicea in the 4th Century

(AD/CE)
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1532098 wrote: You've said that before.

But the actual Bible was not completed until after the Council of Nicea in the 4th Century

(AD/CE)

Like I have said before. Zero books were written in the Council of Nicea. All that did was take existing books that had been long accepted as inspired by God and compile them into what we know as the Bible. They were basically just confirming what everyone already knew, but a couple of books were in debate such as James and Hebrews, which were finally confirmed by them to be inspired by God.

The last book of the Bible written was Revelation which was completed around 90 AD. All other books were written before that. That's been the accepted view for the last 2000 years until a few years ago when Liberal scholars decided to try and bump and exaggerate the dates as late as possible in an attempt to claim that they couldn't have been written by the actual eyewitnesses. But they were written by the actual eyewitness, Apostles and 2 of them were written by half brothers of Christ. In fact, the main criteria was that they had to be written by the Apostle in order to be included in the Biblical canon. The only exceptions were James and Jude who were half brothers of Christ.

Even the Liberal Wikipedia shows that these books were written before the 2nd Century AD, although most credible scholars would disagree with the dates that wiki gives because they are very late.

A more credible source "Conservapedia"

https://www.conservapedia.com/Bible

A more liberal source "Wikipedia"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532101 wrote: Like I have said before. Zero books were written in the Council of Nicea. All that did was take existing books that had been long accepted as inspired by God and compile them into what we know as the Bible. They were basically just confirming what everyone already knew, but a couple of books were in debate such as James and Hebrews, which were finally confirmed by them to be inspired by God.

The last book of the Bible written was Revelation which was completed around 90 AD. All other books were written before that. That's been the accepted view for the last 2000 years until a few years ago when Liberal scholars decided to try and bump and exaggerate the dates as late as possible in an attempt to claim that they couldn't have been written by the actual eyewitnesses. But they were written by the actual eyewitness, Apostles and 2 of them were written by half brothers of Christ. In fact, the main criteria was that they had to be written by the Apostle in order to be included in the Biblical canon. The only exceptions were James and Jude who were half brothers of Christ.

Even the Liberal Wikipedia shows that these books were written before the 2nd Century AD, although most credible scholars would disagree with the dates that wiki gives because they are very late.

A more credible source "Conservapedia"

https://www.conservapedia.com/Bible

A more liberal source "Wikipedia"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

Why is everything about Liberal vs. Conservative with you?
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532060 wrote: A clear demonstration of how Religion is the most dangerous thing on the face of the earth.

So, then religion is responsible for the Corona Virus?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1532116 wrote: So, then religion is responsible for the Corona Virus?

In this case, yes. Indienous Amazonian Natives, isolated from the rest of the world now infected with C19 by Catholic Missionaries. Religion & Viri go hand in hand.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... MYhYmKpKL8
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532119 wrote: In this case, yes. Indienous Amazonian Natives, isolated from the rest of the world now infected with C19 by Catholic Missionaries. Religion & Viri go hand in hand.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... MYhYmKpKL8

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You don't have common sense if you believe that a religion caused COVID19.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532123 wrote: That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You don't have common sense if you believe that a religion caused COVID19.

It might seem so from the perspective of the Indios.

Back in the early days of the European invasion of the Americas, the Church was responsible for "sharing" Smallpox with the Americans.

Just sayin'
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1532124 wrote: It might seem so from the perspective of the Indios.

Back in the early days of the European invasion of the Americas, the Church was responsible for "sharing" Smallpox with the Americans.

Just sayin'

It wasn't a European invasion. They were Colonizing an area of land that was most just open space. There were only about 2-3 million American Indians in all of N & S America.

Secondly, are you claiming that the Church intentionally brought small pox over here? Ridiculous!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Hulk Hogan calls for revival amid pandemic: 'God has taken away everything we worship'

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/hulk-hogan- ... g-worship/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532135 wrote: It wasn't a European invasion. They were Colonizing an area of land that was most just open space. There were only about 2-3 million American Indians in all of N & S America.

Secondly, are you claiming that the Church intentionally brought small pox over here? Ridiculous!

Firstly, before the European invasion, there were a lot more people in the Americas that you seem to think. Everywhere the Europeans went, they encountered Americans, and they set to wiping them out.

It was their religion that helped them to feel justified in doing so.

And, yes, in many regions, the Church (or the several Churches) took and active hand in the process.

Whether the authorizations for spreading Smallpox came down from the Pope, or not may be arguable, but there were likely officials of the several Churches involved in the decisions that brought destruction to the American peoples of the day.

Much of this is rather well documented, and not just Liberal propaganda.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1532137 wrote: Firstly, before the European invasion, there were a lot more people in the Americas that you seem to think. Everywhere the Europeans went, they encountered Americans, and they set to wiping them out.

It was their religion that helped them to feel justified in doing so.

And, yes, in many regions, the Church (or the several Churches) took and active hand in the process.

Whether the authorizations for spreading Smallpox came down from the Pope, or not may be arguable, but there were likely officials of the several Churches involved in the decisions that brought destruction to the American peoples of the day.

Much of this is rather well documented, and not just Liberal propaganda.

It was under 10 Million in N & S America Combined around the time of Columbus. It was vastly open space:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populatio ... e_Americas

I will admit that there were people who mistreated and even murdered the indians and that was wrong. The Indians also murdered Europeans.

First of all, I am not Catholic and do not follow the Pope. If the Pope intentionally sent small pox to America, which I would need to see proof of this, but either way, it doesn't mean that all Europeans came here for that reason. It seems as though you are trying to make the false claim that all of the Europeans who came over here, did so to try and kill the Indians. That's completely false. The Pilgrims came over here to escape religious persecution from England. I am a direct descendant of some of them.

America is not without sin, but it is still by FAR the greatest Country in the history of the World and has done far more good than harm.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532141 wrote: It was under 10 Million in N & S America Combined around the time of Columbus. It was vastly open space:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populatio ... e_Americas

I will admit that there were people who mistreated and even murdered the indians and that was wrong. The Indians also murdered Europeans.

First of all, I am not Catholic and do not follow the Pope. If the Pope intentionally sent small pox to America, which I would need to see proof of this, but either way, it doesn't mean that all Europeans came here for that reason. It seems as though you are trying to make the false claim that all of the Europeans who came over here, did so to try and kill the Indians. That's completely false. The Pilgrims came over here to escape religious persecution from England. I am a direct descendant of some of them.

America is not without sin, but it is still by FAR the greatest Country in the history of the World and has done far more good than harm.

From your own reference you prove my point.

You apparently did not read much of that article.

"Most scholars writing at the end of the 19th century estimated that the pre-Columbian population was as low as 10 million; by the end of the 20th century most scholars gravitated to a middle estimate of around 50 million, with some historians arguing for an estimate of 100 million or more. [1] Contact with the Europeans led to the European colonization of the Americas, in which millions of immigrants from Europe eventually settled in the Americas.

The population of African and Eurasian peoples in the Americas grew steadily, while the indigenous population plummeted. Eurasian diseases such as influenza, pneumonic plagues, and smallpox devastated the Native Americans, who did not have immunity to them. Conflict and outright warfare with Western European newcomers and other American tribes further reduced populations and disrupted traditional societies. The extent and causes of the decline have long been a subject of academic debate, along with its characterization as a genocide.[2]"

Mexico, alone holds evidence of population figures in the 20 to 24 million before the Columbian invasion.

There is evidence that the region of what is now Missouri/Illinois/Iowa held as many as 20 million people. Likewise the Northeastern US.

But of course you can come up with proof that the early settlers methodically counted all the "indians" before wiping them out. Right?

And, I have no idea what your not being Catholic has to do with any of this.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1532146 wrote: From your own reference you prove my point.

You apparently did not read much of that article.

"Most scholars writing at the end of the 19th century estimated that the pre-Columbian population was as low as 10 million; by the end of the 20th century most scholars gravitated to a middle estimate of around 50 million, with some historians arguing for an estimate of 100 million or more. [1] Contact with the Europeans led to the European colonization of the Americas, in which millions of immigrants from Europe eventually settled in the Americas.

The population of African and Eurasian peoples in the Americas grew steadily, while the indigenous population plummeted. Eurasian diseases such as influenza, pneumonic plagues, and smallpox devastated the Native Americans, who did not have immunity to them. Conflict and outright warfare with Western European newcomers and other American tribes further reduced populations and disrupted traditional societies. The extent and causes of the decline have long been a subject of academic debate, along with its characterization as a genocide.[2]"

Mexico, alone holds evidence of population figures in the 20 to 24 million before the Columbian invasion.

There is evidence that the region of what is now Missouri/Illinois/Iowa held as many as 20 million people. Likewise the Northeastern US.

But of course you can come up with proof that the early settlers methodically counted all the "indians" before wiping them out. Right?

And, I have no idea what your not being Catholic has to do with any of this.

It doesn't matter what the population was in the 20th Century hundreds of years later. When they started colonizing, there were less than 10 million. That's the point. It was primarily open space here that was being colonized.

"Most scholars writing at the end of the 19th century estimated that the pre-Columbian population was as low as 10 million"

Frankly, I don't believe the modern scholars as much as the old ones because the modern ones have an agenda. Also, it still says that MOST scholars say it's under 10 million.

Also, notice that it doesn't say that they intentionally brought disease over to America. It was a natural consequence of coming here as well as the fact that many diseases were also brought back to Europe.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532156 wrote: It doesn't matter what the population was in the 20th Century hundreds of years later. When they started colonizing, there were less than 10 million. That's the point. It was primarily open space here that was being colonized.

"Most scholars writing at the end of the 19th century estimated that the pre-Columbian population was as low as 10 million"

Frankly, I don't believe the modern scholars as much as the old ones because the modern ones have an agenda. Also, it still says that MOST scholars say it's under 10 million.

Also, notice that it doesn't say that they intentionally brought disease over to America. It was a natural consequence of coming here as well as the fact that many diseases were also brought back to Europe.

Most Scholars of the 19th Century had probably never seen an "Indian".

They had little, if any hard evidence on which to base their "estimates" (read guesses)

It was well into the 20th century before serious archaeological studies were begun to truly study the early American civilizations.

And those numbers that I offered were based on those studies of evidence from the Pre-Columbian American civilizations, not the numbers of current, or 20th century inhabitants of the Americas.

You really need to work on your reading skills, Bob.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

From the perspective of a Scientist:

The Resurrection, Evidence, and The Scientist:

http://www.veritas.org/evidence-easter-scientists-list/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Link: Lawyer for Central pastor and church bucking stay-at-home order hospitalized with coronavirus

A Baton Rouge lawyer who is part of the legal team representing a Central church and its pastor defying state social distancing orders during the coronavirus pandemic has been hospitalized because of the coronavirus.

The lawyer, Jeff Wittenbrink, attended two events at Life Tabernacle Church — an April 2 news conference and an April 5 church service, and has been at Baton Rouge General since Tuesday after progressively worsening conditions, including a high fever and persistent cough, he said.

Reached in his hospital room Thursday while taking oxygen through his nose, Wittenbrink said he did not feel ill during the church events and has "no idea" how he may have contracted the virus.

"I went to Albertson's twice a day. I went to Sam's. I went to Walmart. I went to Lowe's. I used the gas pumps. I mean I just wasn't careful. God knows where I got it. The bad thing is I might have spread to somebody. I feel bad about that, " he said.

As of Wednesday, 1,942 people in Louisiana have been hospitalized because of the virus.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

On Christians Spreading Corona Conspiracies: Gullibility is not a Spiritual Gift

https://www.christianitytoday.com/edste ... acies.html

"As followers of Jesus, we are people of the truth. Falling for (and spreading) conspiracy theories does not honor the Lord, but it does cause people to question our judgement. "

- Ed Stetzer

I always find it interesting how gullible and narrow minded many "Christians" prove to be.

They're not the only ones, mind you. There are plenty of non-Xtian dodos hanging about, ready to pounce on anyone who is willing to take up the Cross, or the Qur'an, or the eight-fold Path, or any number of ways one might find meaning in a life.

But claiming to hold the Spiritual High Ground should put Christians on the alert that they are called to use reason and compassion, even Empathy in their daily lives.

There are days, even months where it seems they are more likely to run the other way when they see opportunities to express those worthy notions.

The author goes on:

"The current global pandemic has created a bumper crop of conspiracy theories.

Sadly, Christians seem to be disproportionately fooled by conspiracy theories. I’ve also said before that when Christians spread lies, they need to repent of those lies. Sharing fake news makes us look foolish and harms our witness.

We saw this in the last election when some of the troll factories focused on conservative, evangelical Christians. Here we go again.

What now?

First, we need to speak up— particularly to those fooled yet again— and lovingly say, "You need to go to trusted sources." Social media news feeds are not a trusted source. That's why we created coronavirusandthechurch.com, to provide credible information for pastors. But, there are plenty of credible news sources— generally from outlets that do not have a track record of conspiracy peddling.

Second, God has not called us to be easily fooled. Gullibility is not a Christian virtue. Believing and sharing conspiracies does not honor the Lord. It may make you feel better, like you are in the know, but it can end up harming others and it can hurt your witness.

Yet now we are dealing with a new flood of conspiracy theories. Look at the list on Wikipedia, or just search for yourself using a few keywords. They are as diverse as they are strange.

And Christians are sharing them. Again."

2000 years on, and nothing seems to have really changed.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1532176 wrote: On Christians Spreading Corona Conspiracies: Gullibility is not a Spiritual Gift

https://www.christianitytoday.com/edste ... acies.html

I always find it interesting how gullible and narrow minded many "Christians" prove to be.

They're not the only ones, mind you. There are plenty of non-Xtian dodos hanging about, ready to pounce on anyone who is willing to take up the Cross, or the Qur'an, or the eight-fold Path, or any number of ways one might find meaning in a life.

But claiming to hold the Spiritual High Ground should put Christians on the alert that they are called to use reason and compassion, even Empathy in their daily lives.

There are days, even months where it seems they are more likely to run the other way when they see opportunities to express those worthy notions.

The author goes on:

2000 years on, and nothing seems to have really changed.

Christianity Today has turned into a Liberal source. They are on board with the Democrat Party.

Nearly 200 evangelical leaders slam Christianity Today for questioning their Christian witness

https://www.christianpost.com/news/near ... tness.html

Franklin Graham launches fresh attack on Christianity Today for its call to remove Donald Trump saying his father Billy voted for the president and praised him before his death

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Trump.html
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

You might go to prison for singing in a livestream church service in this California county

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/might-go-pr ... ia-county/
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The real victims of the COVID-19 pandemic?

conservative evangelical leaders, apparently

"If we can't require emergency pandemic workers to pledge fealty to our own religious beliefs, then honestly what is the point of even doing it, right?"

While "evangelical" leader Jerry Falwell Jr.'s Liberty University is getting itself sued by its own students for not refunding room and board money they paid based on Falwell's assurances that the campus would be staying open despite the pandemic, fellow evangelical Rev. Franklin Graham is pushing back against the bad press generated when it came to light that his own organization, Samaritan's Purse, was requiring workers to sign a pledge declaring themselves Christians and opposed to same-sex marriage at their Central Park field hospital for COVID-19 patients.

- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

'Lean on Jesus' in fight against COVID-19, governor urges

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/lean-jesus- ... nor-urges/
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1532123 wrote: That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You don't have common sense if you believe that a religion caused COVID19.

Would there be Missionaries if there weren't Religion.

If there weren't Missionaries would there be Missionaries to carry the infection over there?

Plus there are the Religious Nutjobs who claim that God created Covid to punish the Gays, Perverts & the Godless - Which, I guess, is why so many Church goers & Pastors are falling prey to it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532274 wrote: Would there be Missionaries if there weren't Religion.

If there weren't Missionaries would there be Missionaries to carry the infection over there?

Plus there are the Religious Nutjobs who claim that God created Covid to punish the Gays, Perverts & the Godless - Which, I guess, is why so many Church goers & Pastors are falling prey to it.

So, the missionaries created the virus and intentionally gave it to the people? Interesting, I thought it was created in Wuhan.

By "Religious nut jobs"I take it that you are referring to Christians only? I would like to see examples of people claiming that the Wuhan Chinese virus was created to punish gays, perverts and the Godless. That argument doesn't make sense because it also affects Christians. Have you heard me say that?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1532285 wrote: So, the missionaries created the virus and intentionally gave it to the people? Interesting, I thought it was created in Wuhan.

By "Religious nut jobs"I take it that you are referring to Christians only? I would like to see examples of people claiming that the Wuhan Chinese virus was created to punish gays, perverts and the Godless. That argument doesn't make sense because it also affects Christians. Have you heard me say that?

Do you see Missionaries of any other Religions blatantly going out to spread the word of their Death Cult acting as Typhoid Marys?

Another instance, which has fortunately been nipped in the bud. Christianity is evil & a plague on the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... 52ejmDB2hw
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1532285 wrote: So, the missionaries created the virus and intentionally gave it to the people? Interesting, I thought it was created in Wuhan.

That's the irony of it. Whilst breaching the isolation regulations so that they can continue their Hate Preaching about C19 being a curse on Gays & Perverts they are exposing themselves to the REAL cause of the 'Curse' (which has nothing to do with any imaginary God concept) & thus reaping the reward intended for those Gays & Perverts. But then, what would you expect from an institution that is notoriously infested with Paedophilia & other Sexually related crimes?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/01/28/r ... -children/

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532287 wrote: Do you see Missionaries of any other Religions blatantly going out to spread the word of their Death Cult acting as Typhoid Marys?

Another instance, which has fortunately been nipped in the bud. Christianity is evil & a plague on the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... 52ejmDB2hw

Muslims go around spreading their "death cult" religion. Christianity spreads a message of life. Not sure what a typhoid Mary is.

Christianity is the truth and you are a biggot.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1532288 wrote: That's the irony of it. Whilst breaching the isolation regulations so that they can continue their Hate Preaching about C19 being a curse on Gays & Perverts they are exposing themselves to the REAL cause of the 'Curse' (which has nothing to do with any imaginary God concept) & thus reaping the reward intended for those Gays & Perverts. But then, what would you expect from an institution that is notoriously infested with Paedophilia & other Sexually related crimes?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/01/28/r ... -children/

I would like to see some examples of Christians saying these things. You are making false accusations. 99.9% of Christians wouldn't say that. You are an extremely angry and hateful person toward Christians while accusing them of being hateful. Look in the mirror.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

99.9% of Christians are NOT saying that COVID19 is a punishment from God.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1532311 wrote: I would like to see some examples of Christians saying these things. You are making false accusations. 99.9% of Christians wouldn't say that. You are an extremely angry and hateful person toward Christians while accusing them of being hateful. Look in the mirror.

Robert Jefferes, Rick Wiles, Jim Bakker, Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, to name a few. And that means all the lame brians who listen to them. I would suspect that makes up more than .1% of Christians.

I would agree that they are still a minority of all Christians, but they are a very vocal group, who make Christians as a whole look pretty questionable to the uneducated.

They make it hard for others to see the good side of Christians.

And, yes, the media plays right into that by continuously publishing these idiots.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”