If You Had To Choose

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

If You Had To Choose

Post by Lon »

Which of the following people from the past would you be if you had to pick just one.

Genghis Khan

Moses

Socrates
Chezzie

If You Had To Choose

Post by Chezzie »

None of them...I don't want to be a man back then now or if I come back here..
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Pontius Pilate, I think. he had a pretty good time from what people know of him.

eta: soz, I just re-read the question properly. Only one of those three? Socrates then. I'm quite used to being right and not being listened to.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Pheasy

If You Had To Choose

Post by Pheasy »

spot;1043121 wrote: Pontius Pilate, I think. he had a pretty good time from what people know of him.

eta: soz, I just re-read the question properly. Only one of those three? Socrates then. I'm quite used to being right and not being listened to.

:wah::wah: I'm listening and agreeing with you. :D Now I started something new :D
Lon

If You Had To Choose

Post by Lon »

Chezzie;1043119 wrote: None of them...I don't want to be a man back then now or if I come back here..

C'mon, be a sport------what if you had to choose? Who would it be?
hoppy

If You Had To Choose

Post by hoppy »

Lon;1043116 wrote: Which of the following people from the past would you be if you had to pick just one.

Genghis Khan

Moses

Socrates

No question about it. Genghis Khan. The greatest leader and conquror ever, IMHO.
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

hoppy;1043155 wrote: No question about it. Genghis Khan. The greatest leader and conquror ever, IMHO.

Does that choice not commit you to ordering the slaughter of civilian populations?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

If You Had To Choose

Post by Chezzie »

Lon;1043126 wrote: C'mon, be a sport------what if you had to choose? Who would it be?

Ok I will but I need to dwell upon my answer:)
hoppy

If You Had To Choose

Post by hoppy »

spot;1043162 wrote: Does that choice not commit you to ordering the slaughter of civilian populations?

Ya think Genghis Khan worried about that? Were I him, I wouldn't either, and I would have your head for asking. Lol.
Chezzie

If You Had To Choose

Post by Chezzie »

Iv'e read up on those three fellas and Socrates seems the best of the bunch and more suited to me:)
hoppy

If You Had To Choose

Post by hoppy »

spot;1043162 wrote: Does that choice not commit you to ordering the slaughter of civilian populations?

Don't give him too bad a rap. I've read Genghis Khan often spared civilians if they didn't fight or resist.
Oscar Namechange

If You Had To Choose

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I'd have to go with 'Khan' but i'm not sure why at the moment.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
hoppy

If You Had To Choose

Post by hoppy »

oscar;1043192 wrote: I'd have to go with 'Khan' but i'm not sure why at the moment.

How about, he led the greatest army of mounted warriors ever. He was pounding on europe's door. It would have been interesting to see how europe dealt with him and his armies, had he lived longer.
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Chezzie;1043177 wrote: Iv'e read up on those three fellas and Socrates seems the best of the bunch and more suited to me:)

He got a damn sight more nookie than the other two as well. Especially Moses.
Chezzie

If You Had To Choose

Post by Chezzie »

spot;1043225 wrote: He got a damn sight more nookie than the other two as well. Especially Moses.

That'll do me:D
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Chezzie;1043227 wrote: That'll do me:D

You're so easy to read.
Carolly

If You Had To Choose

Post by Carolly »

Moses............I would change the 10 Commandments;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
CARLA

If You Had To Choose

Post by CARLA »

I was going to say just that Carolly. ;) Actually I would write a few of my own and the parting of the sea would be fun as well.

[QUOTE]Moses............I would change the 10 Commandments[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Carolly;1043232 wrote: Moses............I would change the 10 Commandments;)

Thou shalt eat oysters?

Thou shalt take thine neighbour's oxen as thine own?

Laying thy neighbours wives and daughters is allowable on Bank Holidays after a couple of pints?
Carolly

If You Had To Choose

Post by Carolly »

CARLA;1043234 wrote: I was going to say just that Carolly. ;) Actually I would write a few of my own and the parting of the sea would be fun as well.
Great minds fink alike Carla;):D
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
CARLA

If You Had To Choose

Post by CARLA »

Not bad Spot..!! ;)

[QUOTE]Thou shalt eat oysters?(or maybe Cake, Pie, or Ice Cream.)

Thou shalt take thine neighbour's oxen as thine own?(today that would mean the Mercedes parked in the garage)

Laying thy neighbours wives and daughters is allowable on Bank Holidays after a couple of pints?(Have to change this a bit not so much the daughters could get you killed)[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lon

If You Had To Choose

Post by Lon »

Carolly;1043232 wrote: Moses............I would change the 10 Commandments;)

Whew!!! I thought for a minute there was some anti semites.

Ah, which commandments would you change?
Carolly

If You Had To Choose

Post by Carolly »

spot;1043238 wrote: Thou shalt eat oysters?

Thou shalt take thine neighbour's oxen as thine own?

Laying thy neighbours wives and daughters is allowable on Bank Holidays after a couple of pints?Spot wash your mouth:-2Since you have become the local Bookie you are a changed man and just hope yer not sitting there with yer bookies hat on:-3

No if I had to rewrite them I would add a few like......Spot will be nice to all even me :Dand people who had bikes would never be born colour blind so they can see the traffic lights turn red as the poor buggers cant see and keep going through them and I would hate them to have an accident:rolleyes::D
Carolly

If You Had To Choose

Post by Carolly »

Lon;1043252 wrote: Whew!!! I thought for a minute there was some anti semites.

Ah, which commandments would you change?Dont know as cant remember what they all are but theres gotta be some I would change :-3:thinking::D
Pheasy

If You Had To Choose

Post by Pheasy »

Definately Moses. :D
Carolly

If You Had To Choose

Post by Carolly »

Pheasy;1043257 wrote: Definately Moses. :DYe cant be.......I am:sneaky::-5
kayleneaussie

If You Had To Choose

Post by kayleneaussie »

Moses.....cause he did a lot for people and saved thousands and thousands of lives. :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Carolly

If You Had To Choose

Post by Carolly »

kayleneaussie;1043278 wrote: Moses.....cause he did a lot for people and saved thousands and thousands of lives. :D
Trust you to jump on the band wagon:sneaky::-5....changed me mind now....I wanna be someone else:thinking::p
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

kayleneaussie;1043278 wrote: Moses.....cause he did a lot for people and saved thousands and thousands of lives. :D

What an astonishing suggestion. I mean, wow. How can a story get turned on its head like that?

My oh my.

Moses led the Hebrews into the desert after a whole stack of "let my people go". That's the Moses we're discussing?

The ones that spent forty years in the wilderness? Those Hebrews?

Plagues, earthquakes, slaughter and mayhem at the hands of a vengeful God who wasn't going to put up with any murmurings from them, much less Golden Calf idols?

Do you have the slightest idea how many of the Hebrews who left Egypt with Moses survived to enter the Promised Land flowing with milk and honey?

Two of them, Caleb and Joshua. Apart from those two, every single last Hebrew who left Egypt with Moses died in the desert on the way.Not one of them was among those counted by Moses and Aaron the priest when they counted the Israelites in the Desert of Sinai. For the Lord had told those Israelites they would surely die in the desert, and not one of them was left except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

Numbers 26:64,65Moses "saved thousands and thousands of lives"????

People just see whatever they want to even when it's in black and while under their noses.
chonsigirl

If You Had To Choose

Post by chonsigirl »

Socrates, and be able to sit and discuss philosophy, life, and everything with other thinkers.

(or maybe just his wife, as Scrat's points out....................:wah:)

Moses-I don't think I want to live to be 120 years old. But to see the glory of God face to face, as he did in the burning bush, that would be something to think about. But he put up with alot of whiney people for 40 years in the wilderness, having 12 year olds in the classroom all day, I hear enough of that stuff.:wah:

Genghis Khan, no. He killed too many people, and he seems an unusual choice among the other two.

No females mentioned I notice..................:rolleyes:
kayleneaussie

If You Had To Choose

Post by kayleneaussie »

spot;1043293 wrote: What an astonishing suggestion. I mean, wow. How can a story get turned on its head like that?

My oh my.

Moses led the Hebrews into the desert after a whole stack of "let my people go". That's the Moses we're discussing?

The ones that spent forty years in the wilderness? Those Hebrews?

Plagues, earthquakes, slaughter and mayhem at the hands of a vengeful God who wasn't going to put up with any murmurings from them, much less Golden Calf idols?

Do you have the slightest idea how many of the Hebrews who left Egypt with Moses survived to enter the Promised Land flowing with milk and honey?

Two of them, Caleb and Joshua. Apart from those two, every single last Hebrew who left Egypt with Moses died in the desert on the way.Not one of them was among those counted by Moses and Aaron the priest when they counted the Israelites in the Desert of Sinai. For the Lord had told those Israelites they would surely die in the desert, and not one of them was left except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

Numbers 26:64,65Moses "saved thousands and thousands of lives"????

People just see whatever they want to even when it's in black and while under their noses.

Thats your opinion Spot..remember whenyou mentioned the statues, they were saved but disappointed Jesus by their debauchery and the ones that died on the trip were the ones who committed the atrocities.
FOC THREAD PART 1
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

kayleneaussie;1043320 wrote: Thats your opinion Spot..remember whenyou mentioned the statues, they were saved but disappointed Jesus by their debauchery and the ones that died on the trip were the ones who committed the atrocities.

What bit of what I wrote was opinion instead of a quote from the bible?

No, I don't remember the statues who were saved or Jesus being disappointed by debauchery, where are those from?

Which atrocities are you talking about?

Whose are the thousands and thousands of lives that Moses saved?
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Hoss;1043330 wrote: He saved what was left of the egyptians... after pharoah and his army was destroyed. :D

That's a good try! I expect, if there were any, that Moses ran as fast into the desert as his feet could take him because those would have been an extremely irate bunch of soldiers!
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Moses put up with a lot of grief. God would only help the Israelites defeat their enemies while Moses kept his hands above his head, for example, just to show who was really in charge.
Lon

If You Had To Choose

Post by Lon »

Don't forget-----------Jesus may Save, but Moses INVESTS.
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Hoss;1043371 wrote: LOL, you think that was the reason? I think the people couldn’t see God working in their lives, they had to keep seeing Moses as Gods representative, so long as he lead they believed, that’s the impression I get as to why they failed to enter into Gods rest of the promised land, lack of faith.

It's in the book! "Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword".

I've even got a photograph taken by John Everett Millais, the famous Old Testament photographer!!

spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Hoss;1043398 wrote: LOL, thats not Moses! Where is his face of light and his vail? It looks like they are trying to arrest that poor man!:wah:

You can tell it's Moses, he's even got those vestigial horns that Saint Jerome said was his most prominent visual aspect.

I hope you're impressed by Aaron's calf muscles.
spot

If You Had To Choose

Post by spot »

Hoss;1043408 wrote: How do you know that ones Aaron?

He's wearing his broidered coat from Exodus 28 where they took gold, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen and he's wearing his linen breeches to cover his nakedness, which reach from the loins even unto the thighs, and obviously he's not got his mitre or his girdle or his Ephod all of blue with the binding of woven work round about the hole of it, as it were the hole of an habergeon, because he's not ministering before the Ark. He's only slightly on duty, it being a battle, but he's the only Israelite with that sort of clothing, he does stand out in a crowd.

Return to “General Chit Chat”