Attn: Yoga teachers

spiritmind

Post by spiritmind »

Are you looking for some new music to help engage newcomers to your classes? I found this cd by Mantra Mom that combines Hip-Hop, Bollywood and new age music beautifully to ancient Sanskrit mantras . It’s called Mantras for my children…and yours: Sanskrit chants to calm active children and it’s a perfect combination of East meeting West. When I used it in my class, my students spread the word to their friends, and next I knew I had 12 new students that specifically requested a class with this music - so I added a new class!

The artist's pronunciation and enunciation of Sanskrit mantras is perhaps the best I've heard on the market which as an Instructor, is truly important to me - so that the sound vibrations get absorbed by the chakras, and because the artist is of Indian descent, the mantras are pronounced perfectly. Theres a lot of mantra cd's out there - but this one stands out.
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

Pronunciation and enunciation are indeed key. It is often difficult for me to hear the intonations of the mantra above the splintering of my spinal column and my agonized shrieks. This CD sounds like just the thing I need.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Welcome to the Garden Spirtmind....hope you enjoy your stay here:-6

Oh, I do love :-6Indian music and the site you posted. I will order this cd today. My "former" nephew is Indian, and he used to cook all sorts of yummy biryiani while playing this type of music.

I just bought a mat and cd to help me start yoga and meditation.....need to bring my stress level down:wah:
spiritmind

Post by spiritmind »

I received an infraction from the moderator who removed the link to the Mantramom site - it says that you cannot post something that has a link that self promotes your own product. I fully get that, but this is not my product! I have to tell you I don't have an "affiliation" with that site, I was just passing on info to others that may be able to make some money by growing their class size - Times are really tough and my class size had dwindled substantially, thus this CD brought in all these new students; which right now in this economy is outstanding. I think one of the first things people have cut back on, is taking care of themselves - hair, nails, shopping for clothes and yoga classes!

In any case, I don't blame the moderator - she runs a good site and is just trying to keep it clean! :-6

Attached files
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Spiritmind....I just ordered the "Mantras for my children."....should be here in about 2 weeks.

Too bad you'r so far away....I'd love to come to your yoga classes;)

Have fun in the garden:-6
G-man

Post by G-man »

That's not a bad cd... I think I'll get one, too. Thanks. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

spiritmind

Post by spiritmind »

I started my holiday gift shopping and went back to MantraMom to buy a few more of her CD's for gifts.... they're offering free shipping so I saved a bunch of money! Cool!

spiritmind;1040946 wrote: Are you looking for some new music to help engage newcomers to your classes? I found this cd by Mantra Mom that combines Hip-Hop, Bollywood and new age music beautifully to ancient Sanskrit mantras . It’s called Mantras for my children…and yours: Sanskrit chants to calm active children and it’s a perfect combination of East meeting West. When I used it in my class, my students spread the word to their friends, and next I knew I had 12 new students that specifically requested a class with this music - so I added a new class!

The artist's pronunciation and enunciation of Sanskrit mantras is perhaps the best I've heard on the market which as an Instructor, is truly important to me - so that the sound vibrations get absorbed by the chakras, and because the artist is of Indian descent, the mantras are pronounced perfectly. Theres a lot of mantra cd's out there - but this one stands out.
G-man

Post by G-man »

spiritmind;1046640 wrote: I started my holiday gift shopping and went back to MantraMom to buy a few more of her CD's for gifts.... they're offering free shipping so I saved a bunch of money! Cool!

That's really great, but what else are you into besides this CD that you say isn't yours? :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”