are you really Happy??

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
southern yankee

are you really Happy??

Post by southern yankee »

Most times are you happy and content?? What is your definition of happiness??
G#Gill

are you really Happy??

Post by G#Gill »

I have to say that at the moment I am not very happy. I am going through a phase of opening my big mouth and putting both my feet in. Maybe it is what is happening in my RL which is causing this, I don't know. I do know that I keep making awful mistakes in FG, and upsetting some people. I feel that the only solution is to pack it in. I have too much to deal with at home, and just can't take being like this on FG, it isn't anybody else's fault. Just me, and it makes me unhappy to be like this.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Lon

are you really Happy??

Post by Lon »

southern yankee;1029734 wrote: Most times are you happy and content?? What is your definition of happiness??

Happiness is having nothing but pleasant thoughts and dreams, and yes that's me most of the time.
hoppy

are you really Happy??

Post by hoppy »

Happiness changes with age and physical condition. These days, for me happiness is a warm, dry place to live, enough to eat, few if any hassles, kids and grandkids that visit. I got that covered pretty well.
ButterflyPrincess

are you really Happy??

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

yes, most of the time that is.. My happiness is my family, being loved and loving. Pretty simple really. It doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy.

I am content and happy just to be with my family or my friends. A lot of different things make me happy: Carnivals, reading, animals, kids, rainy days, snow, Christmas, Halloween, Shopping, Shoes, Clothes, Accessories, cars, long walks, the beach, my daughter and husband laughing and/or playing. soo many things.. i could go on and on. :wah:
southern yankee

are you really Happy??

G#Gill;1029756 wrote: I have to say that at the moment I am not very happy. I am going through a phase of opening my big mouth and putting both my feet in. Maybe it is what is happening in my RL which is causing this, I don't know. I do know that I keep making awful mistakes in FG, and upsetting some people. I feel that the only solution is to pack it in. I have too much to deal with at home, and just can't take being like this on FG, it isn't anybody else's fault. Just me, and it makes me unhappy to be like this. we all same things we regret. sometimes out of anger. sometimes out of being depressed. If you feel you have wronged someone unjustly, then tell them so. Sometimes that is all it takes. i wish you good luck:)
southern yankee

are you really Happy??

hoppy;1029792 wrote: Happiness changes with age and physical condition. These days, for me happiness is a warm, dry place to live, enough to eat, few if any hassles, kids and grandkids that visit. I got that covered pretty well. you are right Hoppy. people with few WANTS seem to be the most happiness. i had a Uncle that would always say. Everything is great. but if i only had.......
southern yankee

are you really Happy??

you know going through a hurricane is a life changing experience. I am more content with what i do have. Because life could be a heck of a lot worse:)
Oscar Namechange

are you really Happy??

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1029756 wrote: I have to say that at the moment I am not very happy. I am going through a phase of opening my big mouth and putting both my feet in. Maybe it is what is happening in my RL which is causing this, I don't know. I do know that I keep making awful mistakes in FG, and upsetting some people. I feel that the only solution is to pack it in. I have too much to deal with at home, and just can't take being like this on FG, it isn't anybody else's fault. Just me, and it makes me unhappy to be like this.

If others on FG are getting upset at what you say on FG then they shouldn't be on a forum.

We are all here to debate. I have had similar and even been called names. If you can't post without them seeing that it's your views, then they should go elsewhere.

Don't you dare pack it in Gill, you'd be missed. :(:(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
southern yankee

are you really Happy??

oscar;1029855 wrote: if others on fg are getting upset at what you say on fg then they shouldn't be on a forum.

We are all here to debate. I have had similar and even been called names. If you can't post without them seeing that it's your views, then they should go elsewhere.

Don't you dare pack it in gill, you'd be missed. :(:( i use to go to site. That if your oppion was different then one who asked the question. They would come in for the merceyless kill. It is not what you say. It is how you say it.
mrsK

are you really Happy??

Post by mrsK »

G#Gill;1029756 wrote: I have to say that at the moment I am not very happy. I am going through a phase of opening my big mouth and putting both my feet in. Maybe it is what is happening in my RL which is causing this, I don't know. I do know that I keep making awful mistakes in FG, and upsetting some people. I feel that the only solution is to pack it in. I have too much to deal with at home, and just can't take being like this on FG, it isn't anybody else's fault. Just me, and it makes me unhappy to be like this.

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs For Gill.

How do you measure happiness,I don't know?

I know I am most happy when I am with my family.:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
chonsigirl

are you really Happy??

Post by chonsigirl »

The light bulb in a student's mind glowing brighter.....

A smile at the end of the day.

A warm bed at night to sleep in, and kitty curled up asleep.

A few minutes to write something new.

Time to play one of the piano or flute, I will get to do both tonight. :)

A good day indeed.

Kathy Ellen

are you really Happy??

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Gill:-4

You are without a doubt one of the nicest, funniest and most precious members in the garden. There is nothing that you could ever say or do Gill that would upset me.

That's why we're here also Gill...just to listen and not make judgements about one's problems. You vent all you want, and we'll listen with open hearts.

Take a break if you have to, but don't you leave girl....we'll hunt you down and bring you back screaming and kicking if need be:p;)
along-for-the-ride

are you really Happy??

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Happiness is a collection of moments, not necessarily a way of life. Thankfully, my collection is quite large. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

are you really Happy??

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1029860 wrote: The light bulb in a student's mind glowing brighter.....

A smile at the end of the day.

A warm bed at night to sleep in, and kitty curled up asleep.

A few minutes to write something new.

Time to play one of the piano or flute, I will get to do both tonight. :)

A good day indeed.

Ahhhhh Chonsi:-4

I love your thoughts. They make me happy.

I'm like you...a simple person of simple needs...except I do love lovely, old-fashioned hotels...like the Algonquin in Noo Yoooook....and fun, lovely restaurants like Becco's in Noo Yooook.....

But for the most part, give me some time to spend with family and friends, good, deep, emotional books and dvd's that make me cry,a nice bike, enought money to live easily, summer holidays to Florida and Ireland, and of course my little, fixer-up handy- man special beach home that is only a block from the beach and sea.....

and then I'm happy:-4

Oh, and yes, I am extremely happy with my good life;)
shelbell

are you really Happy??

Post by shelbell »

southern yankee;1029734 wrote: Most times are you happy and content?? What is your definition of happiness??

No, never. I don't trust happiness. Every time I've started feeling a little tiny glimpse of happy, it gets smashed in my face. I've just buried that emotion and refuse to let it come back out. I know, pity party Shel. :(
RedGlitter

are you really Happy??

Post by RedGlitter »

It comes and goes by the minute, it is fleeting, never constant. There are shades of happiness just like there are shades of gray. I'm not particularly happy right now but I know things could be far worse.

Return to “General Chit Chat”