What Made You Happy Today?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Walking outside into a cool breeze this morning
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

No squabbles with the kids this morning and off to school they all went.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Finding something I have been looking for and was going to have to ask a solictor to sort out and would have cost a fortune.....being happy is the understatement;):D
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Posting here at FG with all the fine folk's. ;) :)
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Walking the dogs this morning meeting other nice dog owners and seeing all those happy dogs play together:)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Waking up..
Cow Patty

Post by Cow Patty »

being alive:-6
guppy

Post by guppy »

eating a fresh apple right off of a tree..delish...
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

It hasn't happened yet.

I will be seeing our grandchildren today:-4

Our youngest grandson will get to see our 3 day old puppies.

Can't wait to watch his face when he see's them.:-4:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Seeing the big smile my 5 week old foster baby gave me :-4 :-4no it wasnt wind:sneaky:
FOC THREAD PART 1
guppy

Post by guppy »

its interesting to me that the whining and complaining thread pops back to the front but not the happy or what you are grateful for threads..life is a choice.how do you wish to see it..did you get up this morning? did you have food? are you loved..do you have friends? can you see, taste, walk, talk, feel. laugh, cry. have you hugged someone today? did you have a bed to sleep in? are your kids healthy? alive, happy? did you have clothes to put on? ......................:-6
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

I am really happy that I have nearly finished gutting the house, I took 6 big black sacks of clothes to the cancer shop :-6

I am happy that I am raising money for a very worthwhile cause :-6

I am happy that I have stuck to my diet for 2 days (I have hung my wedding dress up for inspiration, it's 2 sizes to small :o)

I am happy that I get to wake up next to the man I am in love with :-4

Then if all that wasn't enough, I am happy that the kids have not killed each other yet :rolleyes::D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

guppy;993825 wrote: its interesting to me that the whining and complaining thread pops back to the front but not the happy or what you are grateful for threads..life is a choice.how do you wish to see it..did you get up this morning? did you have food? are you loved..do you have friends? can you see, taste, walk, talk, feel. laugh, cry. have you hugged someone today? did you have a bed to sleep in? are your kids healthy? alive, happy? did you have clothes to put on? ......................:-6

Well let's get this thread back out front! :-6 All good points made Guppy! :)

What made me happy today.....

waking up to the one I love, a crisp cool morning, fresh coffee, a job to go to, visiting FG and conversing with friends, the aroma of dinner cooking in the oven and having someone to share a meal with.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

SuzyB;994091 wrote: I am really happy that I have nearly finished gutting the house, I took 6 big black sacks of clothes to the cancer shop

I am happy that I am raising money for a very worthwhile cause :

I am happy that I have stuck to my diet for 2 days (I have hung my wedding dress up for inspiration, it's 2 sizes to small

I am happy that I get to wake up next to the man I am in love with :-4Then if all that wasn't enough, I am happy that the kids have not killed each other yet Thats nice:DBut:thinking:where is Winkle though:-3:rolleyes:;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Watching our grandson when he was patting out new puppies.

Love the innocence & wonder on kids faces:-4:-4
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Carolly;994459 wrote: Thats nice:DBut:thinking:where is Winkle though:-3:rolleyes:;)

PMSL, you are on fine form tonight Mrs :wah:

Odie

Post by Odie »

having a wonderful and supporting husband!
Life is just to short for drama.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

SuzyB;994596 wrote: PMSL, you are on fine form tonight Mrs :wah:Ye Im in a naughty mood........wish it was a different sort of naughty though:wah::wah:;)
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Carolly;994603 wrote: Ye Im in a naughty mood........wish it was a different sort of naughty though:wah::wah:;)

Take it easy with Chris, he is supposed to be taking things easy :sneaky::wah:

Carolly

Post by Carolly »

SuzyB;994612 wrote: Take it easy with Chris, he is supposed to be taking things easy :sneaky::wah:He has to be up at 4.30...........I mean out of bed of course:wah::wah::D
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

guppy;993825 wrote: its interesting to me that the whining and complaining thread pops back to the front but not the happy or what you are grateful for threads..life is a choice.how do you wish to see it..did you get up this morning? did you have food? are you loved..do you have friends? can you see, taste, walk, talk, feel. laugh, cry. have you hugged someone today? did you have a bed to sleep in? are your kids healthy? alive, happy? did you have clothes to put on? ......................:-6

Ok guppy, this might seem a little twisted, but it makes me happy to see my whining and complaining thread getting so many hits. It's the first thread I posted that didn't get thrown to a back page almost immediately. :wah: Besides, we do talk about different things too and it just gives people a place to vent, and I know if I can vent there, I don't do it so much to my family. Make sense?
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

SuzyB;994091 wrote: I am really happy that I have nearly finished gutting the house, I took 6 big black sacks of clothes to the cancer shop :-6

I am happy that I am raising money for a very worthwhile cause :-6

I am happy that I have stuck to my diet for 2 days (I have hung my wedding dress up for inspiration, it's 2 sizes to small :o)

I am happy that I get to wake up next to the man I am in love with :-4

Then if all that wasn't enough, I am happy that the kids have not killed each other yet :rolleyes::D

Suzy, what's this cancer shop you keep mentioning? We have a goodwill store that raises money and clothes the homeless.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;994639 wrote: Suzy, what's this cancer shop you keep mentioning? We have a goodwill store that raises money and clothes the homeless.

I do Goodwill all the time. Don't bother with those tall boxes in parking lots. They need the stuff and I buy alot of stuff out of that place.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;994641 wrote: I do Goodwill all the time. Don't bother with those tall boxes in parking lots. They need the stuff and I buy alot of stuff out of that place.

Sometimes that's the only way to dress your kids cuz they grow so fast. I've got a basement full of stuff I need to sort thru to donate, but it's just getting around to it...doesn't usually work! :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;994644 wrote: Sometimes that's the only way to dress your kids cuz they grow so fast. I've got a basement full of stuff I need to sort thru to donate, but it's just getting around to it...doesn't usually work! :wah:

MIne is all bagged, etc. but I hate going through it. I also donate to Purple Heart and the Salvation Army.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

shelbell;994639 wrote: Suzy, what's this cancer shop you keep mentioning? We have a goodwill store that raises money and clothes the homeless.

Sounds like the same kind of thing, we have different stores here to help different causes, 'Oxfam' which helps people in 3rd world countries, 'Cancer' which gives money towards research to help find drugs and cures, 'Christian Aid' I think money goes towards sending people to remote areas to help villages etc.

There are more but can't remember them all :thinking:

Cancer is just very close to me and my life so I like to try and help in anyway I can, Breast Cancer Fundraising in October, so I'll be busy busy busy :D

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

qsducks;994652 wrote: MIne is all bagged, etc. but I hate going through it. I also donate to Purple Heart and the Salvation Army.

'Purple Heart' what a cool name, is that for Heart foundation?

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

SuzyB;994657 wrote: Sounds like the same kind of thing, we have different stores here to help different causes, 'Oxfam' which helps people in 3rd world countries, 'Cancer' which gives money towards research to help find drugs and cures, 'Christian Aid' I think money goes towards sending people to remote areas to help villages etc.

Cancer is just very close to me and my life so I like to try and help in anyway I can, Breast Cancer Fundraising in October, so I'll be busy busy busy :D

My MIL survived breast cancer and had her right breast and arm taken off in the 70's. She was a survivor and did many things including raising 6 kids, working with her hubs, and a ton of stuff. God rest her soul as everyone loved her. I always give to the breast cancer cause because of her. She had a very rare cancer that is not common.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

SuzyB;994658 wrote: 'Purple Heart' what a cool name, is that for Heart foundation?Flipping eck.....that takes me back to the 60s:wah::wah::wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

SuzyB;994658 wrote: 'Purple Heart' what a cool name, is that for Heart foundation?

It's for the veterans of war that got the purple heart in battle. It is an excellent charity and I always donate to them in the fall/spring.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I hear leprosy is making a comeback. :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;994652 wrote: MIne is all bagged, etc. but I hate going through it. I also donate to Purple Heart and the Salvation Army.

Yeah, we do the Salvation Army too...but I'd never heard of the Purple Heart before.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

qsducks;994661 wrote: My MIL survived breast cancer and had her right breast and arm taken off in the 70's. She was a survivor and did many things including raising 6 kids, working with her hubs, and a ton of stuff. God rest her soul as everyone loved her. I always give to the breast cancer cause because of her. She had a very rare cancer that is not common.

My Mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 5 years ago, stage 3, she survived that and was diagnosed with Cancer of the Lymph Glands 18 months ago, stage 3 advanced, Mum had to endure the full whack of chemo and numerous blood transfusions. She is the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. Thank God she is in remission again.

Carolly;994662 wrote: Flipping eck.....that takes me back to the 60s:wah::wah::wah:

What the bleedin 'ell is that then, I wasn't born til 73:rolleyes:

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Nomad;994669 wrote: I hear leprosy is making a comeback. :-6

Hey Nommie great to see you :-6 I never know whether to take you serious or not :thinking:

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

SuzyB;994657 wrote: Sounds like the same kind of thing, we have different stores here to help different causes, 'Oxfam' which helps people in 3rd world countries, 'Cancer' which gives money towards research to help find drugs and cures, 'Christian Aid' I think money goes towards sending people to remote areas to help villages etc.

It's a great cause. My grandma had both breasts removed but at different times. It finally got her. Cancer also got my dad and has been thru so much of my family. It's always good to hear of yet another organization raising money for more research. It's sooooooooooo needed.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

SuzyB;994673 wrote: My Mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 5 years ago, stage 3, she survived that and was diagnosed with Cancer of the Lymph Glands 18 months ago, stage 3 advanced, Mum had to endure the full whack of chemo and numerous blood transfusions. She is the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. Thank God she is in remission again.

Give her my blessings and she is very lucky indeed.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

SuzyB;994679 wrote: Hey Nommie great to see you :-6 I never know whether to take you serious or not :thinking:

Err on the side of NOT ;)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

I also do the Goodwill thing.........always!
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

SuzyB;994673 wrote: My Mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 5 years ago, stage 3, she survived that and was diagnosed with Cancer of the Lymph Glands 18 months ago, stage 3 advanced, Mum had to endure the full whack of chemo and numerous blood transfusions. She is the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. Thank God she is in remission again.

What the bleedin 'ell is that then, I wasn't born til 73:rolleyes:Purple Hearts lol....schhhhhh:D;):lips:
Odie

Post by Odie »

When we have to........we all are strong, so glad your mom is in remission!

I also had breast cancer 7 years ago, lumpectomy, chemo and 5 weeks of radiation....if something happens again, I am no longer able to have radiation.........as those 5 weeks was the most I could ever have.

Stay strong for you mom!
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

To all those who have had or been touched by cancer:-4:-4

http://www.pinkribbonday.com.au/Home.htm

Attached files
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Well, it appears that I can still put one foot infront of the other...

I'm happy with that - it's a start :)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

seeing the doctor today and so far things are fine.................so far.

the sunshine that has caressed my face for the past week.

my son who just called to say hello from far away

my mom who smiled at me today.....almost like she knew me.

Mike who always makes my day a little brighter

my friends here who always make me happy.
guppy

Post by guppy »

watching my boys clean their rooms..:p
ButterflyPrincess

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

my gram.

she always makes me happy. =)
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

It's the end of TERM I am on hols & am going out for dinner.:-6
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Sleeping in this morning! :D
ButterflyPrincess

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

family. knowing i am one day closer! :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”