Busking

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Rapunzel

Busking

Post by Rapunzel »

This item was on the news a couple of days ago. He bought his £2000 guitar from busking on Brighton Pier. The news item did say, however, that he is an exceptional musician.

http://www.guitarnoize.com/blog/comment ... -brighton/

And at least he earns his money. Unlike the beggars on the streets of London who go home in their BMW each night having made about £1000 per day just from begging! :-5

I knew I was in the wrong job! :wah:
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

Rapunzel;940798 wrote: Unlike the beggars on the streets of London who go home in their BMW each night having made about £1000 per day just from begging!
Is that documented anywhere or is it an unsubstantiated opinion? It involves being handed £1.66 every single minute for a ten-hour shift. I've watched beggars and I've not seen one being that successful. I've even been handed money myself but never on that scale.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

I'll try again with a different one.

Good lord...

http://www.doctorsnotestore.com/
RedGlitter

Busking

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey, I thought that guy was exceptional. If I were walking by, yeah I'd toss money into his case and I never do that.

And I loved the fake doctor note! Only because I despise any kind of authority and that includes expecting adults to bring a flipping doctor excuse to work. So I say great on that bit.
Chezzie

Busking

Post by Chezzie »

the busker boy is very talented and id throw some dosh.
K.Snyder

Busking

Post by K.Snyder »

He'll be making millions within the next two years...

That's "Good Lord"...
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

grecianurn;940900 wrote: "yeah e's good" - Yes, he sure is!

That was one of the good bits of the clip, the off-hand respect of the kids watching. They looked like they felt it didn't need saying at all.
CARLA

Busking

Post by CARLA »

Well he won't be standing on that Pier long. This young man will be making millions in no time. He is young, but that won't hold him back his talent is going to take him to the top. :guitarist
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

K.Snyder

Busking

Post by K.Snyder »

I've played Guitar Hero...:yh_sungla...
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

Can I add one more? There's a BBC News Magazine article "10 things that make blokes cry" which is pretty silly except one bit in the public comments section:For me, it is Conan the Barbarian. In particular, when the hero's girlfriend makes a deal with her own life to bring him back from the grave, and tells him: "All the gods they cannot sever us - if I were dead and you still fighting for life, I'd come back from the darkness, back from the pit of hell to fight by your side." Gets me *every* time - in fact I'm welling up just recalling it. I've tried to tell my wife that it is the most romantic film ever made. And tried to include that speech in our wedding vows. But she remains unconvinced...

Jon C, Southampton, UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7540659.stm

You need real balls to type that on a public site, I reckon.
Chezzie

Busking

Post by Chezzie »

The bit at the end of the film Babe when the farmer turns to the little squeaker and says three simple words - "That'll do pig". Get's me every time. So simple and so so meaningful.

Richard, London, UK :wah::wah::wah:
K.Snyder

Busking

Post by K.Snyder »

I never liked it when they killed Old Yeller...

Plot

The Coates family consists of father Jim (Fess Parker), mother Katie (Dorothy McGuire), older son Travis (Tommy Kirk) and a younger son Arliss (Kevin Corcoran). The Coates are so poor that their children have never seen a dollar bill, other than now-worthless Confederate dollars.

While Jim is away on a cattle drive, a scruffy "yeller" mutt visits the family uninvited. Travis unsuccessfully tries to shoot him off, while his younger brother Arliss is crazy about him. Their mother intervenes and Yeller eventually gains Travis' respect and love till the two are close in the way only a child and a pet can be.

At one point, the rightful owner of Yeller, Mr. Sanderson (Chuck Connors) shows up looking for his dog. He realizes that this family needs the dog more than he does and agrees to trade the dog to Arliss in exchange for a horny toad and a home-cooked meal.

Toward the end, Yeller develops hydrophobia (rabies) after being bitten while defending the family from an infected Gray Wolf. To protect his family, Travis tearfully shoots Yeller and in doing so takes a painful first step into manhood. Depressed from the death of his beloved dog, Travis even turns down the offer of a new puppy from his family, a pup of Old Yeller. But then his father explains to him the facts about life and death. Travis understands, and then adopts the puppy, starting a brand-new friendship. Travis christens the puppy "Young Yeller", in honor of his father.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Yeller_(1957_film)
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

JAB;941407 wrote: I didn't know it was called 'busking'.... :o

Come over here, I want to busk on your shoulder.
Chezzie

Busking

Post by Chezzie »

spot;941548 wrote: Come over here, I want to busk on your shoulder.

Dirty old man...close your mac and be orf with you:D
spot

Busking

Post by spot »

This is just plain magnificent...A baby dying from kidney failure was saved when her doctor designed and built her a dialysis machine from scratch in his garage. Millie Kelly was too small for conventional NHS machines, so Dr Malcolm Coulthard and a colleague constructed a scaled-down version. Two years later, her mother Rebecca says she is "fit as a fiddle".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7542404.stm

RedGlitter

Busking

Post by RedGlitter »

Wow. That's quite cool. To think it took only one person to create a device that will save who knows how many lives. Very good article.

Return to “People”