Gastric Bypass

BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Due to back problems and recurring back spasms my exercise program go derailed in the process of trying to keep mobile at all.

It will take me losing about another 20 lbs before I can even begin to believe in an exercise program. I am hoping the additional weight loss clears up the spasms and pain and I become more mobile. :driving::rolleyes:

Thanks for the question. Sometimes I don't know what to say in here. :)
abbey

Gastric Bypass

Post by abbey »

Hope your back gets better soon Barb.

Keep up the good work. :-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Thanks abbey,

I have faith it will heal up okay, I have pulled this kind of stunt before that pulled it so bad. It's just painful and awkward to work around.

I have some good muscle relaxants now and can move around better, I just have to baby it or it lets me know I am messing up... :-5

It will just take about a month till I can function at full speed again... :driving:

Thanks for the well wishes.

Oh and tomorrow, Sunday December 7th is my birthday. I will be 41 years old. :-6:yh_rotfl So I am getting to be grumpy and old LOL... :lips:

Have a good weekend all of you.. :)
Chezzie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Chezzie »

Hi BAR

You have achieved so much..The rest will do you good.

Well done on your continuing success:-6:-6:-6
Bryn Mawr

Gastric Bypass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

BarEdul;1078538 wrote: Thanks abbey,

I have faith it will heal up okay, I have pulled this kind of stunt before that pulled it so bad. It's just painful and awkward to work around.

I have some good muscle relaxants now and can move around better, I just have to baby it or it lets me know I am messing up... :-5

It will just take about a month till I can function at full speed again... :driving:

Oh and tomorrow, Sunday December 7th is my birthday. I will be 41 years old. :-6:yh_rotfl So I am getting to be grumpy and old LOL... :lips:

And I hope you had a happy birthday too - not too much pain and a little treat to celebrate.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1078538 wrote:

You have achieved so much in each of your goals!

Time will heal your back spasms, be patient, glad your muscle relaxers are helping.

and again, Happy Birthday, your not old, your getting younger each day with the success you have achieved.

Life is just to short for drama.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

It crunch time and grim decision time.

I take the medication Effexor cause I suffer from depression. In some ways I am very fortunate, I take the med because of a rough childhood. My depression does not stem from the basic fact that I am fat.

So the depression is something I will deal with for the rest of my life.

Here's the bad thing.. My surgeon insists that I can NOT have time released meds after my surgery. Although I have spoken with other surgery patients that tell me they have had Effexor XR with no problem. I stand at a cross roads.

It's a difficult decision. I have turned to my husband and have his opinion in hand already. I value his intelligence and compassion dearly and will be following his advice.

Here the double edge sword. I know many patients of surgery that deal with long term depression after their surgery. Not because of the surgery just because they are depressed. Those that do not use time released medications may have to take the med more often for the same effect and missing a dose can cause depression symptoms in a hurry.

I have a ten year old daughter, room mate and husband to think of. Not to mention my own welfare.

Do I 1# Get the surgery and deal with the depression or 2# skip the surgery and then lose the weight by myself while asking for support from my family and friends and following what I have learned at my facilities classes?

You as my friends can not tell me what to do, although I invite your comments, you do not know how severe my depression can be. Life sucked as a child for me and it made permanent long term changes in my chemistry.

My spouse has decided and suggested to me that this surgery is a bad idea if I can not stay on the mix of meds I have taken in the past. It would be too detrimental to my mental health.

We are now looking at a quality of life versus quanity of life issue. One does not live long if you are so unhappy you want to die. It can be a horrible existence.

So it is with a great reluctance that I have decided to drop the surgery option.

I could not afford to pay for the tablet form of the med I need. It is 166.00 dollars a month and many of the other meds available to me my insurance does not pay for. I looked into the free drug programs out there but I make just too much to qualify, I also make too little to pay for them myself. I am at an empass.

So here I go again down the diet alley, trying to make life long changes that will stick and have me losing weight no matter what.

Wish me luck and stick with me as I will be using this as a sounding board for my future weight loss.

Thanks for all your reading..

Barb, talk to you soon.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1086128 wrote: It crunch time and grim decision time.

I take the medication Effexor cause I suffer from depression. In some ways I am very fortunate, I take the med because of a rough childhood. My depression does not stem from the basic fact that I am fat.

So the depression is something I will deal with for the rest of my life.

Here's the bad thing.. My surgeon insists that I can NOT have time released meds after my surgery. Although I have spoken with other surgery patients that tell me they have had Effexor XR with no problem. I stand at a cross roads.

It's a difficult decision. I have turned to my husband and have his opinion in hand already. I value his intelligence and compassion dearly and will be following his advice.

Here the double edge sword. I know many patients of surgery that deal with long term depression after their surgery. Not because of the surgery just because they are depressed. Those that do not use time released medications may have to take the med more often for the same effect and missing a dose can cause depression symptoms in a hurry.

I have a ten year old daughter, room mate and husband to think of. Not to mention my own welfare.

Do I 1# Get the surgery and deal with the depression or 2# skip the surgery and then lose the weight by myself while asking for support from my family and friends and following what I have learned at my facilities classes?

You as my friends can not tell me what to do, although I invite your comments, you do not know how severe my depression can be. Life sucked as a child for me and it made permanent long term changes in my chemistry.

My spouse has decided and suggested to me that this surgery is a bad idea if I can not stay on the mix of meds I have taken in the past. It would be too detrimental to my mental health.

We are now looking at a quality of life versus quanity of life issue. One does not live long if you are so unhappy you want to die. It can be a horrible existence.

So it is with a great reluctance that I have decided to drop the surgery option.

I could not afford to pay for the tablet form of the med I need. It is 166.00 dollars a month and many of the other meds available to me my insurance does not pay for. I looked into the free drug programs out there but I make just too much to qualify, I also make too little to pay for them myself. I am at an empass.

So here I go again down the diet alley, trying to make life long changes that will stick and have me losing weight no matter what.

Wish me luck and stick with me as I will be using this as a sounding board for my future weight loss.

Thanks for all your reading..

Barb, talk to you soon.

HI Barb!

You can and will do this, because now that you have made you decision not to have the surgery, which I was happy to hear, you have been doing great with your diet....so now just continue everything you have already been doing!

hats off, keep up that great work!:-6
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

AWww thanks odie,

But it seems my determination to not have surgery has been waylaid, I am so close it's unreal.

I have to pay a fee, take one more test and go to a support meeting and I am done the process....

So I went in there today at my appointment all spit and vinegar and told them I wasn't proceeding due to the medication problem.

LO and behold guess what???? The rules on my med just changed so I CAN take it all through the surgery procedure.

I was so tickled. So I can proceed with my diet plans while waiting for my surgery, due to a payment plan my surgery has been bumped to april. :driving:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1086943 wrote: AWww thanks odie,

But it seems my determination to not have surgery has been waylaid, I am so close it's unreal.

I have to pay a fee, take one more test and go to a support meeting and I am done the process....

So I went in there today at my appointment all spit and vinegar and told them I wasn't proceeding due to the medication problem.

LO and behold guess what???? The rules on my med just changed so I CAN take it all through the surgery procedure.

I was so tickled. So I can proceed with my diet plans while waiting for my surgery, due to a payment plan my surgery has been bumped to april. :driving:

so you can continue with the Effexor.................excellent!

I am so happy everything turned out now!

yippee!

BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I hope you all have had a MERRY X-mas and a Happy New year.

The season of gluttony has almost passed and I haven't gained anything back!! Whooohooo.

I want to lose a few more pounds before my surgery which would be cool. At the appointment they admitted that as long as I stay steady don't gain any back and continue to try to lose they will not bust my chops about it all.

that's good. So I am on my way to the final count down. The next appointment I have is merely a maintenance one. I have to take in a stool sample on that appointment (OH JOY) and then all my testing is done.

the final step, for me, is payment of a $375 dollar fee. I just couldn't pull it off during Christmas as we do an all cash Christmas. Nothing goes on the credit cards. Heck I would have to have a credit card first to do it LOL..

Anyhow, I got what I wanted for Christmas and now I am just waiting for my surgery... Thanks for all the X-mas wishes I love you guys!!!:driving:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1094189 wrote: I hope you all have had a MERRY X-mas and a Happy New year.

The season of gluttony has almost passed and I haven't gained anything back!! Whooohooo.

I want to lose a few more pounds before my surgery which would be cool. At the appointment they admitted that as long as I stay steady don't gain any back and continue to try to lose they will not bust my chops about it all.

that's good. So I am on my way to the final count down. The next appointment I have is merely a maintenance one. I have to take in a stool sample on that appointment (OH JOY) and then all my testing is done.

the final step, for me, is payment of a $375 dollar fee. I just couldn't pull it off during Christmas as we do an all cash Christmas. Nothing goes on the credit cards. Heck I would have to have a credit card first to do it LOL..

Anyhow, I got what I wanted for Christmas and now I am just waiting for my surgery... Thanks for all the X-mas wishes I love you guys!!!:driving:

congrats!

no weight gain over the holidays, your lucky!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hey folks, I made it to the other side of new years without stuffing myself. So here I am at 260 and ready to make another run at another 20 lbs taken off.

I have bought my diet food supplies, armed myself mentally and started already on the next 20 lbs. The time is coming when I pay my fee and then the real fun begins.

Before surgery I will have a two week liquid diet. The hardship of that diet is knowing you can eat solid food and are not allowed by the doctor.

I shudder to think at the slip ups I will have. But, I am dedicated to this surgery and am anxious to get it done and over with by the time I have it I will have considered it and gone through a 10 month process to get it done.

Happy New Years guys and take care!!!:driving:
Carolly

Gastric Bypass

Post by Carolly »

So well done babe and I admire you so much for being such a good girl.....it cant be easy and you deserve every bit of happiness you will recieve at the end of all this. Happy New Year;):)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1100180 wrote: Hey folks, I made it to the other side of new years without stuffing myself. So here I am at 260 and ready to make another run at another 20 lbs taken off.

I have bought my diet food supplies, armed myself mentally and started already on the next 20 lbs. The time is coming when I pay my fee and then the real fun begins.

Before surgery I will have a two week liquid diet. The hardship of that diet is knowing you can eat solid food and are not allowed by the doctor.

I shudder to think at the slip ups I will have. But, I am dedicated to this surgery and am anxious to get it done and over with by the time I have it I will have considered it and gone through a 10 month process to get it done.

Happy New Years guys and take care!!!:driving:

AGAIN, WELL DONE!

I would be anxious also, its been a long hard struggle!
Chezzie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Chezzie »

well done Bar:-6:-6

Your doing fab, keep it up hun xxx
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hey, Guess what!!!! I just stepped on the scale again today to verify my weight of 260... I came out at 257! I have lost 3 lbs over the holidays!!! Whooo hooo.. 17 to go.. now. :guitarist:-6:yh_rotfl
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1100274 wrote: Hey, Guess what!!!! I just stepped on the scale again today to verify my weight of 260... I came out at 257! I have lost 3 lbs over the holidays!!! Whooo hooo.. 17 to go.. now. :guitarist:-6:yh_rotfl

:yh_party:yh_party:yh_party
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Yesterday I did about 2116 calories, not enough to lose weight but low enough I wouldn't gain anything. Today I am coming in right around 1600 which is very close to my goal of 1500
mrsK

Gastric Bypass

Post by mrsK »

You are doing a great job.

keep up the good work.

I am so happy for you:-6:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Okay here goes folks!!! I lost an additional 2 lbs already! I am at 255 for those who are keeping track..

I also have some new pics.. So... I bring to you. My pics.

I also have a profile at obesity help .com The photos are on the right under... umm photo's I couldn't get the other links to work here, dang it.

Here is my link.

BarEdul's Profile - USA
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1106302 wrote: Okay here goes folks!!! I lost an additional 2 lbs already! I am at 255 for those who are keeping track..

I also have some new pics.. So... I bring to you. My pics.

I also have a profile at obesity help .com The photos are on the right under... umm photo's I couldn't get the other links to work here, dang it.

Here is my link.

BarEdul's Profile - USA

wow, your before and now pics, you have lost alot!

hats off!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I looked at the calendar and found.... That this is a 3 pay day month!!!!!!! I am so tickled. It means I can pay for my surgery a full month ahead of what I thought!

This may mean that I can get surgery in March instead of april!!! That would be grand. as right now I am in a holding pattern.

:driving:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1109415 wrote: I looked at the calendar and found.... That this is a 3 pay day month!!!!!!! I am so tickled. It means I can pay for my surgery a full month ahead of what I thought!

This may mean that I can get surgery in March instead of april!!! That would be grand. as right now I am in a holding pattern.

:driving:

alright!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Hi odie thanks for the support.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1109445 wrote: Hi odie thanks for the support.

we can sing, forever in blue jeans!

god knows when the last time I fit into those!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I have capri's and I am a size 22/24 so sure we can sing that!!!

how about I am bringing sexy back? :-6
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1109450 wrote: I have capri's and I am a size 22/24 so sure we can sing that!!!

how about I am bringing sexy back? :-6

now that's a good song!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Love the dancing chicken. :-2
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1109504 wrote: Love the dancing chicken. :-2

thanks!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Okay so the plans for March are off the money got allocated to another space so I will be paying in febuary and getting surgery in april again...

Don't ask it's been one of those weeks for me.. Sigh at least I am not gaining weight. :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-1
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1112069 wrote: Okay so the plans for March are off the money got allocated to another space so I will be paying in febuary and getting surgery in april again...

Don't ask it's been one of those weeks for me.. Sigh at least I am not gaining weight. :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-1

thought that extra pay this month was going to help?
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Okay, LOL you asked. Hubby needs the money for our down payment on vacation this summer. We are going to a lake to rent a boat. :)

So we need to get our boat reserved before it is gone. it will be a family thing. :)

We are taking 3 good friends along for the ride. It's a house boat for 5 days.

It will be a blast.

I know I know the surgery is more important. Hubby doesn't have to ask often for special money so I can not begrudge him this. AND it is for the whole family. :driving::-5:guitarist
MzTulip

Gastric Bypass

Post by MzTulip »

Hust dropping in to say hi. I havn't been here in ages!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Don't miss my second thread Tulip called BarEdul's Kitchen:sneaky:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1112175 wrote: Okay, LOL you asked. Hubby needs the money for our down payment on vacation this summer. We are going to a lake to rent a boat. :)

So we need to get our boat reserved before it is gone. it will be a family thing. :)

We are taking 3 good friends along for the ride. It's a house boat for 5 days.

It will be a blast.

I know I know the surgery is more important. Hubby doesn't have to ask often for special money so I can not begrudge him this. AND it is for the whole family. :driving::-5:guitarist

well, since its fishing, I'm all for it!:D
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

yep looking forward to the challenge of some big fish... Hope I can find some!!:sneaky:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1114297 wrote: yep looking forward to the challenge of some big fish... Hope I can find some!!:sneaky:

I use live minnows for bait, works wonders!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Looking to fight some muskee.. :) need more than minnows for bait.
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1114594 wrote: Looking to fight some muskee.. :) need more than minnows for bait.

oh well yes, muskee, need something that is strong for bait!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

I know we got a little off topic here for a bit. Sorry. I been very busy with my business and being sick.

I am proud to annouce today I reached a new low... 252 lbs. I haven't been this thin in years. I have lost 6 lbs in the last two weeks. Part of it from being sick I am sure now I just have to keep it off!:driving:

I am back on track and loving it!!:-6

I have an nutritionist appointment on Monday I am going to. Hopefully their scale says the same thing! Whoo hoo!
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1118066 wrote: I know we got a little off topic here for a bit. Sorry. I been very busy with my business and being sick.

I am proud to annouce today I reached a new low... 252 lbs. I haven't been this thin in years. I have lost 6 lbs in the last two weeks. Part of it from being sick I am sure now I just have to keep it off!:driving:

I am back on track and loving it!!:-6

I have an nutritionist appointment on Monday I am going to. Hopefully their scale says the same thing! Whoo hoo!

whoppee!

good for you Barb!
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

2 more pounds gone 250 is my new weight! Whoo hoo... one pound at a time it is melting away. :driving:
kayleneaussie

Gastric Bypass

Post by kayleneaussie »

great news and congratulations...well done:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Thanks for the holler, This month I pay for my surgery! Whoo hoo!

Then I will get it in april! I can't wait. :driving:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1125383 wrote: Thanks for the holler, This month I pay for my surgery! Whoo hoo!

Then I will get it in april! I can't wait. :driving:

money is good!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

Yes it is, I am so excited about the future... :)
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1125403 wrote: Yes it is, I am so excited about the future... :)

how are you feeling babe, still sick?
BarEdul

Gastric Bypass

Post by BarEdul »

yeah I am still sick, it's my lungs they keep acting up and I amm having problems walking through my own house.. :( it pisses me off. I get winded so easy. :mad:
Odie

Gastric Bypass

Post by Odie »

BarEdul;1125449 wrote: yeah I am still sick, it's my lungs they keep acting up and I amm having problems walking through my own house.. :( it pisses me off. I get winded so easy. :mad:

phenomena will do that hun......try using a humidifier......it opens up your lungs.

put in it your bedroom at night.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”