John McCain: Oil is Only Reason for U.S. Wars in Middle East

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

BTS;897752 wrote: HMMM

You need to research the NAFTA agreement before youpaint it as ALL republicans (tho they did a lot of the dirty work too)

Here is what Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter said when he (Clinton) signed the NAFTA side agreements:

VICE PRESIDENT GORE:

There are some issues that transcend ideology. That is,

the view is so uniform that it unites people in both parties. This

means our country can pursue a bipartisan policy with continuity over

the decades. That's how we won the Cold War. That's how we have

promoted peace and reconciliation in the Middle East. And that's how

the United States of America has promoted freer trade and bigger

markets for our products and those of other nations throughout the

world. NAFTA is such an issue.

The presence of three former presidents, two Republicans

and one Democrat, to join President Clinton here today on this stage,

is evidence of our country's ability to support what is in our

nation's best interest over the long term without respect to

partisanship.

We will, indeed, have much room for free debate during

this controversy. That it is in our nation's best interest to ratify

and pass this treaty cannot be left to doubt. The person who is

leading the fight and who has marshaled support in both parties is the

person it is my pleasure to introduce now.

The President of the

United States, Bill Clinton. (Applause.)

Today we turn to face the challenge of our own

hemisphere, our own country, our own economic fortunes. In a few

moments, I will sign three agreements that will complete our

negotiations with Mexico and Canada to create a North American Free

Trade Agreement. In the coming months I will submit this pack to

Congress for approval. It will be a hard fight, and I expect to be

there with all of you every step of the way. (Applause.)

We will make our case as hard and as well as we can.

And, though the fight will be difficult, I deeply believe we will win.

And I'd like to tell you why. First of all, because NAFTA means jobs.

American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe

that, I wouldn't support this agreement. ..............etc

..........I believe that NAFTA will create a million jobs in the

first five years of its impact. And I believe that that is many more

jobs than will be lost, as inevitably some will be as always happens

when you open up the mix to a new range of competition.

NAFTA will generate these jobs by fostering an export

boom to Mexico; by tearing down tariff walls which have been lowered

quite a bit by the present administration of President Salinas, but

are still higher than Americans.

And so there are differences. But if you strip away the

differences, it is clear that most of the people that oppose this pact

are rooted in the fears and insecurities that are legitimately

gripping the great American middle class. It is no use to deny that

these fears and insecurities exist. It is no use denying that many of

our people have lost in the battle for change. But it is a great

mistake to think that NAFTA will make it worse. Every single solitary

thing you hear people talk about that they're worried about can happen

whether this trade agreement passes or not, and most of them will be

made worse if it fails. And I can tell you it will be better if it

passes. (Applause.)

PRESIDENT CARTER:

We don't know what's going to happen in the future.

There's a lot of uncertainty about it. But nobody can doubt that this

was brought about only because our two major parties in this country

were able to put aside the differences that are narrow and self-

serving and partisan, and say for a common purpose we will cooperate.

I called Bill Clinton only three times during his administration

-- during his campaign. I was for him from the beginning. It's the

first time I ever said this publicly, but I'm proud of it.

(Laughter.) Because I've tried to stay neutral, you know, within the

Democratic Party, but Rosalynn and I were for Bill. I called him

three times. One of those time was when I feared that he might make a

public statement denouncing the North American Free Trade Agreement.

And he said, okay, I will be for it, but with provisos.....

So I'm not trying to be a foreseer of doom, but I do

believe that we ought to think not only about the benefits to be

derived from this agreement, but we ought to be deeply concerned about

the well-being of our nation that will be in danger if we fail. We

cannot afford to fail. (Applause.)

Very impressive,,,research...

You are so right,,, the broad brush stroke,, is my mistake....

Can we see these views as they are,,, this is what is presented to the American people by politicians before any policy is voted on..

How many things are wrong with these opinions of what they said it would result in,, compared to what actually happen?

Are they lies,, or stupidity? Scares the krap out of me!

The people need to keep their eyes open at all times,, with these people we send to represent us,, to the world and the companies that run it..

I can only hope that the people have the sense to stand up and demand better representation,, holding all politicians feet to the fire at all times..

Its the only way anything will ever change for those with no voice!

acc wrote:

I'd take it as a personal favor if you would refrain from making wild accusations of such seriousness unless you're willing to discuss them.

I only know of what I've been witness to,,ACC..

I seen Osama Bin Ladan escape,, and the Bush administration do nothing,, as if they were never interested in catching him,, it looks very bad for them..

As far as other Presidents involved in the planning of anything,, I can't speak to it,,

but after seeing this administration lie/cheat/ and hide everything that they have,, I have to think maybe its just another version of how the system has been run forever,, I'd like to learn how other administrations have done similar things, that maybe the Bush administration learned from...

I think it would be a very interesting vantage point that would bring a whole new perspective to every American voter..:-6
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;903066 wrote: I only know of what I've been witness to,,ACC..

I seen Osama Bin Ladan escape,, and the Bush administration do nothing,, as if they were never interested in catching him,, it looks very bad for them..No, you simply haven't heard press releases of what we're doing. Did it occur to you that if we advertised what we were doing and where we were searching it might make the job just a tad tougher? These are clandestine operations under very tight security, as this treasonous outing I recently heard about by some Pullitzer Prize-winning journalist will soon attest.

DrJ wrote: As far as other Presidents involved in the planning of anything,, I can't speak to it,,

but after seeing this administration lie/cheat/ and hide everything that they have,, I have to think maybe its just another version of how the system has been run forever,, I'd like to learn how other administrations have done similar things, that maybe the Bush administration learned from...

I think it would be a very interesting vantage point that would bring a whole new perspective to every American voter..:-6I won't defend Bush & Iraq, but the military ops concerning the attack of 9/11/01 are validly secret. Trim your broad brush, please.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;903284 wrote: No, you simply haven't heard press releases of what we're doing. Did it occur to you that if we advertised what we were doing and where we were searching it might make the job just a tad tougher? These are clandestine operations under very tight security, as this treasonous outing I recently heard about by some Pullitzer Prize-winning journalist will soon attest.

I won't defend Bush & Iraq, but the military ops concerning the attack of 9/11/01 are validly secret. Trim your broad brush, please.

OK,,, on this subject I hope your right,, but it has been 6 yrs and nothing.

The last time we heard anything,, they had him trapped in Tora Bora,, asking for more boots on the ground to go in and get him,, they were denied..

Why?

It took about a week to find Saddam after American forces took over Bagdad,,

Are you trying to tell me Osama bin Ladan is that much smarter than those chasing him?

It looks to me,, they are using him for political purposes,, moreso than anything else,, sending messages when needed to back policy decisions,, or help the fear mongering politicians in their attempt to pull the wool over an unsuspecting population..

How do we know he was even involved in 9/11?

What proof do we actually have?

How come more Americans aren't concerned with this issue?

I doubt very seriously the Bush Administration is ever going to have to answer for not producing the people they have accused of this horrific crime on the American people..

Sometimes I wonder how many Christians might have been involved in 9/11,, since they haven't produced not one muslim for the crime...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

DrJ;906725 wrote: OK,,, on this subject I hope your right,, but it has been 6 yrs and nothing.

The last time we heard anything,, they had him trapped in Tora Bora,, asking for more boots on the ground to go in and get him,, they were denied..

Why?

Are you trying to tell me Osama bin Ladan is that much smarter than those chasing him?

It looks to me,, they are using him for political purposes,, moreso than anything else,, sending messages when needed to back policy decisions..

How do we know he was even involved?

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the U.S. has seen a business opportunity and feel the need to take an initiative on exploiting that?...

09/11/01 - Attacks on the World Trade Center -- Bin Laden assumes responsibility -- Bin Laden Billionaire -- US Special Forces(Whomever the hell else is involved with "Top Security") makes personal bank withdrawals from Mr. Bin Laden himself(All be it not to his liking) -- A dead Bin Laden is a $0 for the US??...

Just a thought...

But what do I know?...(Rhetorical)I'm just a high school drop out...
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;906725 wrote: OK,,, on this subject I hope your right,, but it has been 6 yrs and nothing.

Why?

It looks to me,, they are using him for political purposes,, moreso than anything else,, sending messages when needed to back policy decisions,, or help the fear mongering politicians in their attempt to pull the wool over an unsuspecting population..

How do we know he was even involved in 9/11?

I doubt very seriously the Bush Administration is ever going to have to answer for not producing the people they have accused of this horrific crime on the American people..

Sometimes I wonder how many Christians might have been involved in 9/11,, since they haven't produced not one muslim for the crime...

19 dead hijackers, including Mohammed Atta

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, confessed mastermind

On September 26, 2005, the Spanish high court directed by judge Baltasar Garzón sentenced Abu Dahdah to 27 years of imprisonment for conspiracy on the 9/11 attacks and as part of the terrorist organization al-Qaeda. At the same time, another 17 al-Qaeda members were sentenced to penalties of between six and eleven years.[106][107] On February 16, 2006, the Spanish Supreme Court reduced the Abu Dahdah penalty to 12 years because it considered that his participation in the conspiracy was not proven.[108]

This took me about two minutes to find. Again, trim your broad brush. Your emphatic rants ruin whatever credibility you might otherwise have.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;906774 wrote:
19 dead hijackers, including Mohammed Atta

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, confessed mastermind

On September 26, 2005, the Spanish high court directed by judge Baltasar Garzón sentenced Abu Dahdah to 27 years of imprisonment for conspiracy on the 9/11 attacks and as part of the terrorist organization al-Qaeda. At the same time, another 17 al-Qaeda members were sentenced to penalties of between six and eleven years.[106][107] On February 16, 2006, the Spanish Supreme Court reduced the Abu Dahdah penalty to 12 years because it considered that his participation in the conspiracy was not proven.[108]

This took me about two minutes to find. Again, trim your broad brush. Your emphatic rants ruin whatever credibility you might otherwise have.

Hey Acc,,,,,,, you forgot the totally undamaged passport of Mr Atta,, pulled out of the rubble of the twin towers,,,,:wah:

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to convenient for me,,, how about you?

Now I know why you think what you think,,, you believe everything you read and remove any possibility that there maybe more to the story than meets the eye,,

The mere fact that they have not found him is reason enough to speculate that maybe there just might be a reason they don't mind draggin' there feet..

Open your eyes Teach!!!

K-Snyder wrote:

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the U.S. has seen a business opportunity and feel the need to take an initiative on exploiting that?...

09/11/01 - Attacks on the World Trade Center -- Bin Laden assumes responsibility -- Bin Laden Billionaire -- US Special Forces(Whomever the hell else is involved with "Top Security") makes personal bank withdrawals from Mr. Bin Laden himself(All be it not to his liking) -- A dead Bin Laden is a $0 for the US??...

Just a thought...

Now theres a thought out of the more possible reality,, wouldn't it be something to find it one of the many un-traveled truths in this issue?

I was leaning towards the possibility it didn't have anything to do with any religion at all myself,, and more of a buisiness venture for the wealthy oil barrons

and those involved in the selling of products more condusive to countries in times of war... I mean before the two wars,, Saddam had the Arabs and the Americans blocked from any involvement in the production of oil in his desert..
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Life is business pure and simple...

For anyone without money is one with heart...
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;906849 wrote: Now I know why you think what you think,,, you believe everything you read and remove any possibility that there maybe more to the story than meets the eye,,Are you even aware what emphatic means?

First, you don't know what I think, in this context. You suspect, you might even surmise, but you certainly don't know. It'd be nice if you ask for clarification. Maybe we could come to an understanding about what I think. Trust me, I know what I think.

As far as what you think: it seems to me that anything coming from your own government is de facto a lie, therefore the opposite must be true.

I haven't heard about a "totally undamaged" passport. Mind giving me a link? I'd like to judge the impartiality of such a claim.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;906904 wrote: Are you even aware what emphatic means?

First, you don't know what I think, in this context. You suspect, you might even surmise, but you certainly don't know. It'd be nice if you ask for clarification. Maybe we could come to an understanding about what I think. Trust me, I know what I think.

As far as what you think: it seems to me that anything coming from your own government is de facto a lie, therefore the opposite must be true.

I haven't heard about a "totally undamaged" passport. Mind giving me a link? I'd like to judge the impartiality of such a claim.

Main Entry: em·phat·ic

Pronunciation: im-ˈfa-tik, em-

Function: adjective

Etymology: Greek emphatikos, from emphainein

Date: 1635

1 : uttered with or marked by emphasis

2 : tending to express oneself in forceful speech or to take decisive action

3 : attracting special attention

4 : constituting or belonging to a set of tense forms in English consisting of the auxiliary do followed by an infinitive without to that are used to facilitate rhetorical inversion or to emphasize something

— em·phat·i·cal·ly -ˈfa-ti-k(ə-)lē adverb

Holy cow ! I do now,,,teach..

I don't believe everything our government says or does is a lie,, I am merely discussing some possibles, the hidden agendas in Washington, I bet, are more common than even I wish to believe,, and I wish I had a link to give for that one,,

www.loosechange.com

is one I have given before,, but there is a video on that site,, I believe that shows all that was recovered from the twin towers site..

I'm sure you would question the impartiallity of it tho,, considering they are weaving the Bush/bin ladan families together,, as well as CIA/Afghanistan/Osama,

connection in saudi Arabia, during Charley Wilsons war..

As well as evidence of the inner explosions that helped the direction of the imploded buildings,, including the mysterious third building, downed for no apparent reason,,,The Famous,,"BUILDING 7" which housed the FBI/CIA/ and Rudy's bunker,, plus the names of the security teams in the towers,, of which the man in charge was none other than the blood brother of GWB!

When I find this film,, you will have your link,,,,,because you think,,,I think,, I know what you think,, which I merely think your mistaken..:-5:wah::-5

I'll be back!
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

http://www.911artists.com/?gclid=CISlrv ... FQod4XLWtw

There's one link to a possible truth,,a possible,, Rest of the story..

It will lead you here... go read,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http//911truther.com/

We get this story out,, by GOD,, we have done something!

:guitarist:guitarist:-6:guitarist:guitarist

If you don't want to know the truth,, leave now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a few excerpts! Is this a Hoax?

Journal of a 9/11 Truther

It's been a few months since my first exposure to the evidence being presented by the members of the 9/11 Truth Movement. Today I'm starting 9/11 Truther Cyberzine. I hope it will help raise public awaresness on the whole thing. My friend's a domainer. He buys and sells domains at auction for big money. He thinks that the site will be very high profile because of the domain name alone 911truther.com. Hope he's right. I'm a musician, and I have to get back to it. I never used a computer or did visual art before a couple years ago. I'm doing all work creative,and tech on this e-zine myself. I've never been a political person in the slightest way. To me, the nature of the evidence being presented by the leaders of the 9/11 Truth Movement - Gage, Griffin, Jones, and Martell is so profoundly important and moving that it has inspired this effort. A lot of people lately are telling me that they like my music, and I'm glad from that. However, I hope right now that people listen to me about this. Also, I hope that future generations remember me for this first and my music second. I think the sooner everyone becomes aware of all this evidence, the sooner we're going to be seeing that renaissance Dr. Jones is talking about. I was deeply wounded when I was first exposed to all this. I am a strong rhythm of recovery now and feeling much better. I think that the generation of the 9/11 Truther site has greatly facilitated my healing process. To anyone going through this type of thing, I recommend taking a strong action towards the light and the truth now, and it may work for you too. I hope it does. 040408

The majority of my effort for the past 2 weeks has been an attempt to recover from the mental, physical,and spiritual blow I experienced at seeing all this evidence. I'm in the process of transforming my professional music effort over to calling attention to this matter. I speak to as many people as I can about it. Most people that I talk to have never heard of Building 7, or the 9/11 Truth Movement. Mostly, their only knowledge of the subject is that there are a few conspiracy theories about the event. I've taken on the project of bringing this matter to public attention by using all the resources at my disposal. I believe that it is the correct and necessary thing to do. One reason I'm documenting all events in this journal is that I agree with Steven Jones. I think a great light is about to break on the world. A new renaissance is coming. I want future generations to know that I stood and fought with hero's like Jones, Griffin, Gage, and Martell when the veil of illusion was at it's strongest, and every action of every citizen greatly mattered. 031108

I've known about this pushing a month now. It was a great blow to me. I've been very since sick seeing all this evidence. I went to see Steven Jones and Richard Gage speak on 022308. I was very impressed with both of them, and I give them both my strongest vote of confidence. I brought my video camera to show you all. I was not allowed to tape the presentation by the organizers KPFK, and Julia Jecker & Christine Blosdale of Good Karma Public Relations. Jecker stated that they also turned away the BBC, citing as her reason their premature reporting of Building 7 collapse. She said she feared their motives and actions because of this. Also, Jecker did not allow a number of people to ask their questions, actually going so far as to pull the mic out of someone's hand she disagreed with. In fairness, the woman who got shut down seemed to be making more of a statement that asking a question. She was saying something about Israel and how she felt it was aparthied government. We're in a tricky business here, and Jecker's spot was a difficult position of responsiblity to be in. But to me, it seems like a funny time to be shutting down people's questions and cameras. 022808

Recomended Websites

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice Student Scholars for 9/11 Truth Journal of 9/11 Studies Save the Internet

Letters to the Editor

Anonymous 041908

9/11 Truther Cyberzine

Thanks very much for being here and taking a look at this whole thing. Please contact me for support in your own research, and if you have text articles or videos that you want me to consider for presentation at paul@tassopulosyoga.com . I need everyone's help here to support this effort financially. When your ready to leave please exit this site the the Google Ads beneath. Everytime you do that a few cents goes towards the work here, and there's no cost to you on it. Or, you can leave a donation here for any amouunt. Donations for 9/11 Truther Cyberzine Thanks very much
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

There's a hole in the world tonight~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~There's a cloud of fear,, and sorrow~~

There's a hole in the world tonight~~~~~~~~~

Don't let there be a hole,,,, in the world tomorrow........:-6

If you have any doubt about the war(s) for oil,,,

Here's some interesting facts about our right wing candidate,,,

McCain's Big Oil Lobbyists

Number

Name of Lobbyist

Campaign Role

Firm or Company

Oil Clients

Rebecca Anderson Women for McCain Steering Committee Williams & Jensen Sunoco

Wayne Berman National Finance Co-Chairman Ogilvy Government Relations Amerada Hess Chevron Texaco American Petroleum Institute

Charlie Black Senior Political Adviser BKSH Occidental Petroleum Corp. Yukos Oil Chinese National Off-Shore Oil Corp.

Carlos Bonilla* Economic Adviser Washington Group Chesapeake Energy

Eric Burgeson** Fundraiser Barbour Griffith & Rogers BP

Kerry Cammack Fundraiser Cammack and Strong Exxon Mobil

Frank Donatelli McCain Pick as Deputy RNC Chair McGuire Woods Exxon Mobil Dominion Resources

Melissa Edwards Fundraiser Washington Group Chesapeake Energy

John Green Congressional Liaison Ogilvy Government Relations Amerada-Hess Chevon Texaco El Paso Energy American Petroleum Institute

Robert Harding Fundraiser Greenberg Traurig Chevron Murphy Oil Phillips Petroleum Company***

Richard Hohlt Fundraiser Hohlt and Associates Chevron

James "Jim" Hyland Fundraiser Pennsylvania Avenue Group BP America Independent Fuel Terminal Operators Assoc. Occidental Petroleum Corp. Independent Fuel Terminal Operators Assoc.

Peter Madigan Fundraiser Johnson, Madigan, Peck, Boland & Stewart Shell Oil

Susan Molinari Women for McCain Steering Committee Washington Group Chesapeake Energy

Jack Oliver Fundraiser Bryan Cave Strategies Shell Oil

Nancy Pfotenhauer Adviser Koch Industries Koch Industries

Steve Phillips Fundraiser DLA Piper BP America Occidental Petroleum

Elise Pickering Women for McCain Steering Committee Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti Koch Industries

Sloan Rappoport Fundraiser Downey McGrath Group Koch Industries

Matt Salmon Fundraiser Greenberg Traurig El Paso Energy

Randy Scheunemann Defense and Foreign Policy Coordinator Scheunemann and Associates BP Amoco

Jeffrey Weiss Fundraiser BKSH Yukos Oil Company

[Senate Lobbying Disclosure Database]

* Carlos Bonilla was forced to leave the campaign as an adviser because of his lobbying activity

** Eric Burgeson was forced to leave the campaign as an adviser because of his lobbying on energy issues, but McCain has not given any indication he intends to return the money raised by Burgeson

*** The Phillips Petroleum Company has since merged with Conoco to form ConocoPhillips

McCain's Policies and Votes on Behalf of Big Oil

McCain's Tax Plan Gives Top Five Oil Companies $3.8 Billion A Year In Tax Breaks. According to a study conducted by the Center for American Progress, "The McCain plan would deliver approximately $170 billion a year in tax cuts to corporations, including some corporations that are very large and profitable. Just one of the proposals-cutting the corporate rate from 35 percent to 25 percent-would cut taxes for five largest U.S. oil companies by $3.8 billion a year." [Center for American Progress, 3/27/08]

McCain Voted Against Reducing Dependence On Foreign Oil. In 2005, McCain voted against legislation calling on the President to submit a plan to reduce foreign petroleum imports by 40 percent. [Senate Roll Call Vote #140, 6/16/05]

In 2005, McCain Voted Against a Windfall Profit Tax on Oil Companies At Least Twice. McCain voted against a measure that would have provided an income tax rebate to Americans by taxing enormous oil company profits temporarily on an sale of crude above $40 a barrel. [S 2020, Vote #331, 11/17/05; S 2020, Vote # 341, 11/17/05; Houston Chronicle, 11/17/05; Las Vegas Review-Journal, 11/18/05; Environment and Energy Daily¸ 11/18/05]

McCain Voted Against Taxing Oil Companies To Provide $100 Rebate To Consumers. In 2005, McCain voted against an amendment to impose a temporary tax on oil company profits from the sale of crude oil. The funds would be used to provide every taxpayer with a $100 non-refundable tax credit for 2005 for each person in their household. The amendment failed 33-65. [S 2020, Vote #341, 11/17/05]

McCain Voted Against Temporarily Taxing Oil Companies to Finance Tax Rebate For Consumers. In 2005, McCain voted against an amendment to would impose a temporary 50 percent tax on oil company profits from the sale of crude oil. Funds collected from the tax would be used to provide a consumer tax credit for petroleum products. The amendment failed 35-64. [S 2020, Vote #331, 11/17/05]

Offshore Drilling

McCain Now: McCain Called For Lifting The Off Shore Drilling Moratorium. During a press availability in Arlington Virginia, John McCain called for a lifting of the federal moratorium on offshore drilling. McCain said, "I think that's a subject of negotiation and discussion. But right now, as you know there's a moratorium. And those moratorium, in my view, moratoria, have to be lifted. And they have to be lifted so that states can make those decisions. I'm not dictating to the states that they drill or they engage in oil exploration. I am saying that the moratoria should be lifted so they have the opportunity to do so. And by the way, I would also like to see perhaps additional incentives if the states, in the form of tangible financial rewards if the states decide to lift those moratoria." [McCain Press Avail 6/16/07]

Houston Chronicle: McCain Announced Drilling Stance To "Make Amends With Texas Energy Producers." The Houston Chronicle Reported, "Republican presidential candidate John McCain, seeking to make amends with Texas energy producers who did not support him during the 2008 GOP primary season, said Monday he wants to end a federal moratorium on offshore drilling and create "additional incentives" for states to approve new exploration ventures." [Houston Chronicle, 6/17/08]

McCain Said Coasts "Should Be Open To Exploration and Exploitation." John McCain said, "So I do believe that there are places in the world, as I said, that we should not drill. But I certainly think there are areas off our coasts that should be open to exploration and exploitation. And I hope that we can take the first step, by lifting the moratoria in order to do so." [McCain Press Avail 6/16/07]

McCain Then: He Opposed Off-Shore Drilling At Least Three Times, and Twice Supported Florida Efforts To Prevent Drilling Off Their Coasts.

McCain Voted Against Off-Shore Drilling. In 2005, McCain voted for an amendment that would strike language instructing the Interior Department to conduct a comprehensive inventory of Outer Continental Shelf oil and natural gas resources. The amendment failed 44-52. [H.R. 6, Vote #143, 6/21/2005]

McCain Voted Against Off-Shore Drilling. In 2003, McCain voted against a provision requiring a survey and inventory of possible off-shore oil and natural gas deposits by the Secretary of the Interior. He voted for an amendment striking the provision. The amendment failed 45-53. [S. 14, Vote #221, 6/12/2003]

McCain Voted for One-Year Moratorium on Oil and Gas Exploration in North Aleutian Basin. In 1989, McCain voted for a bill making appropriations for the Department of the Interior and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1990, and for other purposes. The bill contained a total of $956.4 million for the Bureau of Land Management of which $442.1 million is for management of lands and resources; $535.5 million for the Fish and Wildlife Service. The bill also imposed a one-year moratorium on oil and gas exploration and development in the North Aleutian Basin and ensured that the Department of the Interior will continue its assessment of damage from the Exxon Valdex oil spill through September 30, 1990. The bill also contained $1.5 billion for the Department of Energy, which includes $422.1 million for the fossil energy research program; $192.1 million for the Naval Petroleum and Oil Shale Reserves; $413.3 million for energy conservation. The bill passed 91-6. [H.R. 2788, Vote #241, 10/7/1989]

McSame As Bush: Bush Administration Called For End To Off Shore Drilling Ban. The New York Times reported, "The Bush administration proposed on Monday leasing out millions of acres along the coasts of Alaska and Virginia to oil and gas drillers, a move that would end a longstanding ban on drilling in those environmentally sensitive areas. ... ‘The outer continental shelf is a vital source of domestic oil and natural gas for America, especially in light of sharply rising energy prices,' said Dirk Kempthorne, secretary of the interior." [New York Times, 5/1/07]

Renewable Energy

McCain Flip Flopped On Ethanol

FLIP: McCain Said Ethanol "Has Absolutely, Under No Circumstances, Any Value Whatsoever." According to Roll Call, "John McCain, R-Ariz., called ethanol "a product that we have created a market for which has absolutely, under no circumstances, any value whatsoever except to corn producers and Archer Daniels Midland and other large agribusinesses." [Roll Call, 5/2/04]

FLOP: McCain Said Ethanol "Ought To Be Something That Ought To Be Carefully Examined." According to the Des Moines Register, McCain "indicate[d] a slight softening of his earlier opposition to the corn-based alternative fuel, which he said in the past was too costly to produce." McCain "who once described ethanol as ‘good for neither the environment nor the consumer,' said that rising oil costs make the alternative fuel worthy of another look.'" "McCain emphasized ... that his opposition to subsidies hasn't changed, and said that economics, not politics, explains his revised position. ‘I think it ought to be something that ought to be carefully examined' and researched, he added." [Des Moines Register, 4/13/06, 4/14/06]

MORE »Charlie Black: Architect Of Negative Campaigning

John McCain’s Iraq Policy Is Good For Lobbyists & Defense Contractors

Charlie Black Advanced and Defended Racial Tactics Under Jesse Helms

The Quotable Charlie Black

FISA: McCain Supports Pro Industry Position, Raises Campaign Cash From Lobbyists

John McCain, His Big Oil Lobbyists, and His Big Oil Policies

McCain Has Had At Least 134 Lobbyists Running His Campaign & Raising Money For Him

Lobbyists at the Helm: Bush & McCain Tap Lobbyists to Run the Show

John McCain's Lobbyist Friends: Carlos Bonilla

McCain Tapped A Lobbyist To Head His V.P. Search

The only people that can destroy freedom,, are those that fear it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:-6:-6:guitarist:-6:-6~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;910323 wrote: There's a hole in the world tonight~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~There's a cloud of fear,, and sorrow~~

There's a hole in the world tonight~~~~~~~~~

Don't let there be a hole,,,, in the world tomorrow........:-6

If you have any doubt about the war(s) for oil,,,

McCain's Big Oil Lobbyists

Number

Name of Lobbyist

Campaign Role

Firm or Company

Oil Clients

[...]
Have you checked to see how many of this long list applies to Obama as well? I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;910330 wrote: Have you checked to see how many of this long list applies to Obama as well? I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised.

The thread is about the "war for oil",, if we just look into it a bit,, everyone will discover the truth,,, so if you know something,,,Bring it brother!

Hey after this 9/11 thing everyone's scared to talk about,, Nothing surprises much anymore,,pleasant or unpleasant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in the home of the brave! 9/11 being the most taboo subject in America today!

When it should be the most talked about thing in America,, the freedom of the mastermind,, I mean..

Whomever we prove beyond a reasonable doubt,,, that is...

We have the power,, we have the technology,, I believe its time for all American voters to find out what's truly happening before they pull a lever for any politician..

Lets all take a look before we jump on any bandwagon,,

As of now,, I like Obama,, but I believe Nader makes perfect sense..

I don't like seeing American CEO's making unbelievable profits and expecting everyone else to take cuts in pay, so they can make more.

The trickle down,,.theory,, has matured into something more in line with a communist country like China,, I think Americans deserve better..

Elections are all about the pie,,

The American Dream is dying for a majority,, of people,, so the well off can continue to maintain their country clubs...

The conservative agenda has matured into the land of the rich,, and the starving.

I'm sick of seeing sick people who can't afford to see the doctor, or the lawyer I see driving by in their high priced luxery cars who gladly take peoples life savings to treat the most simple health/law problems,,, whom by the way I don't blame,, I blame the system that has been geared that way by people who pull levers without investigating anything...

I also blame the religious,, whose words sound like they believe in a GOD,,

,, but their actions show the higher power they worship, is,,,$$$$$ only!!

Wealth being the republicans #1 priority,, representing the corporations who have manipulated the religions into voting against their own money,,slick...

Our differences are seen merely as opportunities, for power,, riches..phoney!

How do you think the meek will inherit the earth?

I think we will take it!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

[quote=DrJ;910323]If you have any doubt about the war(s) for oil,,,

I prefer not closing my mind to half the campaign. I found http://www.opensecrets.org/ . Click on the Influences and Lobbying tab and check out the industries that contribute. Lots are how you'd expect, but some may surprise you.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

DrJ;906849 wrote:

Now theres a thought out of the more possible reality,, wouldn't it be something to find it one of the many un-traveled truths in this issue?

I was leaning towards the possibility it didn't have anything to do with any religion at all myself,, and more of a buisiness venture for the wealthy oil barrons

and those involved in the selling of products more condusive to countries in times of war... I mean before the two wars,, Saddam had the Arabs and the Americans blocked from any involvement in the production of oil in his desert..

What's the difference?...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

K.Snyder;957723 wrote: What's the difference?...

The difference for me,, is if that was all it was,,, I Have just witnessed how poilticians run some kind game on the population,, not to mention the world,, I guess they just couldn't say,, Hey,, we need involvement in that oil over there,, and this is the only waY to get everyone on board,,

The Big scare,,,was phoney,,, makes me wonder about every story that concerns fear and danger coming out of my government,,

I realize its been that way forever,, this just being my chance to see it happen,,,

It really hasn't changed my life any,,,I still don't think republicans have any concern for the middle class,, and thats what got 'em elected,,

a BIG CON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Neo-CON..

I think that's what hurt America's reputation in the world,,, Russia can do anything and we can't say she=it!

I 'm a union man!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

DrJ;958266 wrote: The difference for me,, is if that was all it was,,, I Have just witnessed how poilticians run some kind game on the population,, not to mention the world,, I guess they just couldn't say,, Hey,, we need involvement in that oil over there,, and this is the only waY to get everyone on board,, Would you prefer it that the government did as they wished anyway as they do as it is now?...What they're really doing is insulting the intelligence of your every day average citizen...The only way to prove your worth is to be productive...A virtue to th eprosperity of any society...It's simplistic...Being productive is questioning ones own government and being effectively productive is questioning ones own government so much so that you expose the truths behind that government...What's left is the morales of the peoples within that society...

Far worse be it the more complex a government is the more unethical it becomes...

DrJ;958266 wrote:

...makes me wonder about every story that concerns fear and danger coming out of my government,,Smartest thing I've heard all day...

DrJ;958266 wrote:

I realize its been that way forever,, this just being my chance to see it happen,,,

It really hasn't changed my life any,,,I still don't think republicans have any concern for the middle class,, and thats what got 'em elected,,

a BIG CON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Neo-CON..

I think that's what hurt America's reputation in the world,,, Russia can do anything and we can't say she=it!

I 'm a union man! My problem is understanding the Republicans' views on world policing and actually agreeing with it, yet cannot agree on the majority of their individual choices pertaining to it...
Snidely Whiplash

Post by Snidely Whiplash »

Since most of us in the western world would literally starve to death in a matter of months without the oil that keeps running every aspect of our societies and lives, I think going to war to secure a countries oil supply or to protect it's future energy resources is a worthwhile cause.

I just wish more people would wake up from they're slumber and realize that there are no alternatives for oil on the horizon for a good many years that will keep an entire countries society running, and anyone who wants to have even a fraction of the lifestyle you enjoy today better realize that lifestyle is only made possible by oil...

War for oil....? Where do I sign up...!!! ;)
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;962496 wrote: Since most of us in the western world would literally starve to death in a matter of months without the oil that keeps running every aspect of our societies and lives, I think going to war to secure a countries oil supply or to protect it's future energy resources is a worthwhile cause.

I just wish more people would wake up from they're slumber and realize that there are no alternatives for oil on the horizon for a good many years that will keep an entire countries society running, and anyone who wants to have even a fraction of the lifestyle you enjoy today better realize that lifestyle is only made possible by oil...

Hey the nice old lady up the street just got a freezer full of meat from her brothers farm,, man I need food,, I hear she stuffs her matress with cash,, cause she don't trust the bank,,

Maybe I ought a just go over there,,shoot her in head and take it,,

I have been a fool,, all these years here in America,, we should have taught America's children that philosophy a 100 yrs ago,,,

Hey,,I'm hungry,, and I like money to,, and if it takes killin,, well,,

we can say we earrrrrrrrrrrned it,,,,eh?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snidely Whiplash;962496 wrote: Since most of us in the western world would literally starve to death in a matter of months without the oil that keeps running every aspect of our societies and lives, I think going to war to secure a countries oil supply or to protect it's future energy resources is a worthwhile cause.

This is obviously an attempt to just stir up a whole load of Bull ****...

I couldn't possibly think for one minute anyone in the world could hold this view and possibly not question why it is they breath...

If you truly mean every word you've said in this post I not only am going to stand by and watch you get ripped to shreds but I'm going to enjoy it...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

K.Snyder;962535 wrote: This is obviously an attempt to just stir up a whole load of Bull ****...

I couldn't possibly think for one minute anyone in the world could hold this view and possibly not question why it is they breath...

If you truly mean every word you've said in this post I not only am going to stand by and watch you get ripped to shreds but I'm going to enjoy it...

He's either jokin,, or he didn't think it thru,,

I have to give him the benefit of the doubt,, but I understand the dog eat dog mentality of the oil industry,, we got to get there before they do,, philosophy of business,, I just hope Americans start to realize what they do over there is done

in our name,,,, everything...

We are teaching a generation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,something!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

DrJ;962553 wrote: He's either jokin,, or he didn't think it thru,,

I have to give him the benefit of the doubt,, but I understand the dog eat dog mentality of the oil industry,, we got to get there before they do,, philosophy of business,, I just hope Americans start to realize what they do over there is done

in our name,,,, everything...

We are teaching a generation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,something!

Well no matter the interpretation or opinion I don't hold the future of our luxuries to be an equal trade for the blood of any living life form let alone human beings(And yes I regard human beings higher than I regard animals...Let's move on...:wah:)...

Upon having to weigh the risk of creating war for necessities my morale logic veers toward which is ethically biased...
Snidely Whiplash

Go ahead everyone, rip me to shreds..... :wah:

I don't know how things work in your countries or where ever you live, but in my country our government is acting like a stubborn child and won't let us do anything for our energy needs, when we have massive resources right here and don't need any oil from other countries. or only some imports from friendly countries to offset what we have here... Protecting oil resources around the world is the only alternative I see as we wait for the technology of alternative energy to catch up and change our future energy sources...

Shouldn't a country defend and protect it's energy sources, even if they are overseas..?

You who attack my post and laugh don't understand, I never said attack any countries and take they're oil, only defend the oil supplies in the countries that export it worldwide, what the he** is wrong with that..?

All I know is that oil makes the lives we have possible, it lets us get to work and go places, it warms our houses, it makes it possible to have police, fire fighters, and food on the shelves at the market, if the oil supply is cut off, all that stops in very short order...

You all can laugh and snicker all you want, but there are few reasons better for positioning military power anywhere in the world, than protecting your countries energy supply, and that of other peaceful countries...

And if that means "war over oil", against those who wish to disrupt it, then so be it.... There are few things in any of our lives as important...!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead, rip away....... :wah:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;962584 wrote: Go ahead everyone, rip me to shreds..... :wah:

I don't know how things work in your countries or where ever you live, but in my country our government is acting like a stubborn child and won't let us do anything for our energy needs, when we have massive resources right here and don't need any oil from other countries. or only some imports from friendly countries to offset what we have here... Protecting oil resources around the world is the only alternative I see as we wait for the technology of alternative energy to catch up and change our future energy sources...

Shouldn't a country defend and protect it's energy sources, even if they are overseas..?

You who attack my post and laugh don't understand, I never said attack any countries and take they're oil, only defend the oil supplies in the countries that export it worldwide, what the he** is wrong with that..?

All I know is that oil makes the lives we have possible, it lets us get to work and go places, it warms our houses, it makes it possible to have police, fire fighters, and food on the shelves at the market, if the oil supply is cut off, all that stops in very short order...

You all can laugh and snicker all you want, but there are few reasons better for positioning military power anywhere in the world, than protecting your countries energy supply, and that of other peaceful countries...

And if that means "war over oil", against those who wish to disrupt it, then so be it.... There are few things in any of our lives as important...!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,,, so much for the benefit of doubt,,,

That's it,,,, I'm goin after the ole girl tonight,,, ----wait a sec---

I get what I give,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nevermind,, she's safe,,

You make it sound sooooooooooooo right,,,

disruption stoppage,,, instead of stealing,,, I like it...

So my question is,, why all the lies,, why didn't they just say it like that?

Because even that great story you justify,, is just another load of she-it so business,,,American-Arabian,,,, can get some..

I mean we couldn't have Saddam sellin' oil ,,,to the russians now could we,,

disruption you say? I say Saddam was about to cut us out of the deal,,, so the oil men falsified intelligence on a dictator who we put in power,, and mistakenly turned on us,,,

I bet if Saddam would of stayed friendly,,, the oil people would have left him and his sons alone,, making him a partner in the so-called "war on terror"..

What they did,, I believe,, is made him an offer he couldn't refuse,,

and his pride got in the way,,, a lesson for all,, I'm sure..

Enjoy your good thoughts while you still believe them tho,,
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snidely Whiplash;962584 wrote: Go ahead everyone, rip me to shreds..... :wah:

You're speaking about a luxury and justifying bloodshed as the result of peoples trying to capitalize on the very same business opportunity you so condone...

Why is it that you feel those countries to whom possess the oil are less inclined to keep it?...

"Shouldn't a country defend and protect it's energy sources, even if they are overseas..?" This is as stupid as bringing the realism to life of subjecting ones own country to the vulnerability of having to remain dependent on an energy source...It's called not taking the time to think about the fact that our energy sources could diminish while being too shortsightedness and greedy to care about the future...It's also called stupid, and lives are being spent because of it...

Greed has been and always will be a spawn point of evil...Only for those greedy bastards to come back and whine in the form of "All I know is that oil makes the lives we have possible, it lets us get to work and go places, it warms our houses, it makes it possible to have police, fire fighters, and food on the shelves at the market, if the oil supply is cut off, all that stops in very short order..." while all the meanwhile trying to justify a blatant attack based on the sheer fact that the government has allowed society to become dependent on what eventually has become a need for foreign resources...

Sell your spiel to someone else.
Snidely Whiplash

Lol.....

Well if Russia blows up some of those oil pipelines supplying Europe and the Europeans suddenly don't have that "luxury" of oil as you call it, or Iran blows up the tankers passing by it's coast each day to the rest of the world, it will take about 3 days before everyone is begging George Bush and America to do something.....?

Such nonsense....!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snidely Whiplash;962616 wrote: Lol.....

Well if Russia blows up some of those oil pipelines supplying Europe and the Europeans suddenly don't have that "luxury" of oil as you call it, or Iran blows up the tankers passing by it's coast each day to the rest of the world, it will take about 3 days before everyone is begging George Bush and America to do something.....?

Such nonsense....!

So what if Russia blows up?(Obviously I care but referring to the discussion)...

I'm talking about the justification, or lack thereof, of waging war on a nation because another nation ,to whoms' virtue is to aggress in the state of despair related to their own doing, hadn't thought about creating alternative energy resources upon the potential of their resources being rendered insufficient...

Is it not important to you in the slightest the justification of war?...

I've already told you "I couldn't possibly think for one minute anyone in the world could hold this view and possibly not question why it is they breath"...So that should make it quite clear that an attempt to justify the act of aggression purely for energy resources on a foreign country(I'd wholeheartedly agree upon instances of civil withholding) while not previously caring about the civilians' future within that state is moot to say the least as far as I'm concerned...

What's left is the bold fact that the people have to suffer the foul doings of their government or the lack thereof. I couldn't think of a more reasonable conclusion.

That's "nonsense".
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Snidely Whiplash;962616 wrote: Lol.....

Such nonsense....!

I see the problem,,, its the disruption vs selfish greed,,

Which one of those was the Iraq war about?

You have melted two issues together to justify the war in Iraq,,,

Its like me killing the ole lady with the meat and tryin to justify it by telling the judge she kept parking her car to close to my drive way,,, making me late for work every fricken morning,,,

The dial has been turned on this war so many times to adjust focus,,, because of all webs woven,,,,layer after layer,,,,

It's an interesting thing to finally have the dial changed to the disruption channel,,

I wonder what it will be next,,,,

Corporations bank on people who will buy anything,,, as long as they give a good reason for the blood,,, and people like you will accept anything,,,

no matter how many times the reason changes....

Fear truly runs your life,,, if your vote is effected by it...

The only enemy to freedom,, are the politicians that use fear as a platform.
Snidely Whiplash

K.Snyder;962620 wrote: So what if Russia blows up?(Obviously I care but referring to the discussion)...

I'm talking about the justification, or lack thereof, of waging war on a nation because another nation ,to whoms' virtue is to aggress in the state of despair related to their own doing, hadn't thought about creating alternative energy resources upon the potential of their resources are insufficient...

Is it not important to you in the slightest the justification of war?...

Okay, let me see if I can get what your saying..? if another country is all messed up, and some dictator invades it and takes over it's resources and people, why should any other countries care or get involved...? And if a country does get involved, especially to protect an energy suppy that it depends on, they are greedy... It sounds like thats what you mean..?

Every country has to look out for it;s own interests around the world, and most countries do... We call Saudi Arabia friends because they sell us oil, while Saudi terrorists blew up the trade center towers... It doesn't make sense sometimes...? I know... But buying a countries energy source is more important than treating a country like it probably deserves, or ignoring it all together.... I guaranty you that if another country invaded Saudi arabia and threatened the oil supply going all over the world, other countries would send in troops in short order to fight those invaders, and it wouldn't just be America or george Bush....

K.Snyder;962620 wrote:

What's left is the bold fact that the people have to suffer the foul doings of their government or the lack thereof. I couldn't think of a more reasonable conclusion.

Do they...? Why do they have to suffer, and no one else should go help..? I say if another country has the will and resources to help those peoples suffering, then sign me up, I want to help them... If some nutjob is threatening a peaceful country and resources that others around the world depend, which also by the way is the income to those people in that country, then why shouldn't that be a good enough justification for military action....?

I still say where do I sign up for this war for oil...? Or more acurately war to protect oil...???
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snidely Whiplash;962632 wrote: Okay, let me see if I can get what your saying..? if another country is all messed up, and some dictator invades it and takes over it's resources and people, why should any other countries care or get involved...?First of all any army that invades a country purely for energy resources gives due cause for the justification of any army acting to repel the aggressors, if and only if the aggressors were morally unjust in their invasion...A certain thread comes to mind...:thinking:...I need not bring up Kuwait...

Snidely Whiplash;962632 wrote:

... And if a country does get involved, especially to protect an energy suppy that it depends on, they are greedy... It sounds like thats what you mean..? When the peoples of said country isn't morale in their doctrine I personal justify any attack on that country...After taking that into account a country to whom invades another country for energy resources, after having neglected their responsibility of creating alternative energy sources, their invasion upon any other country purely for energy resources are unjust to the utmost extent.

What you seem to be basing your justification off of is your idea that those oil reserves within said countries are endless and by stealing those energy resources does not subject said peoples to a risk of poor living conditions VIA stealing...How you'd hold that standard for the aggressors yet not for the peoples to whom your attacking is beyond me...

Every country has to look out for it;s own interests around the world,...I agree but when it's at the expense of others it's stealing, wrong, and completely and utterly unjustifiable. How our reserves are tapped yet you want to subject other peoples to the same fate is beyond me and completely unethical...I ask how those people can "hold this view and possibly not question why it is they breath"...

and most countries do... We call Saudi Arabia friends because they sell us oil, while Saudi terrorists blew up the trade center towers... It doesn't make sense sometimes...? I know... But buying a countries energy source is more important than treating a country like it probably deserves, or ignoring it all together.... I guaranty you that if another country invaded Saudi arabia and threatened the oil supply going all over the world, other countries would send in troops in short order to fight those invaders, and it wouldn't just be America or george Bush.... I've known a certain king named Charlemagne to whom lived in the 8th and 9th century who made it a virtue of his to chop peoples heads off if they hadn't excepted Christianity as well...I wouldn't say for a minute that I think Christians are murderers no more than I were to say that all Americans kill because there'd been American citizens to whom have murdered...

In short I ask,..what the hell does the attack on the World Trade Center have to do with Saudi Arabia?...

We're looking for justification...So far I see none.

Do they...? Why do they have to suffer, and no one else should go help..? I say if another country has the will and resources to help those peoples suffering, then sign me up, I want to help them... If some nutjob is threatening a peaceful country and resources that others around the world depend, which also by the way is the income to those people in that country, then why shouldn't that be a good enough justification for military action....?

I still say where do I sign up for this war for oil...? Or more acurately war to protect oil...??? They don't have to suffer...That's my entire point...

If the US had come up with alternative energy sources no one would have to suffer!...

I don't know how more blatantly clear that can be...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Sw wrote:

I still say where do I sign up for this war for oil...? Or more acurately war to protect oil...???

Hey go to any recruiting office,,, they're be glad to see you,,ship you,, bandage you up if you happen to stub your toe,,, call you a hero,,,and then dump you in the trick-bag they call the VA... The education you'll receive is worth every penny..

I guaruntee it...

Enjoy defending someone elses oil,,, after all,,

FREEDOM depends on it!

God Bless America's oil companies,,
Snidely Whiplash

K.Snyder;962638 wrote: First of all any army that invades a country purely for energy resources gives due cause for the justification of any army acting to repel the aggressors, if and only if the aggressors were morally unjust in their invasion...A certain thread comes to mind...:thinking:...I need not bring up Kuwait...

When the peoples of said country isn't morale in their doctrine I personal justify any attack on that country...After taking that into account a country to whom invades another country for energy resources after having neglected their responsibility of creating alternative energy sources their invasion upon any other country purely for energy resources are unjust to the utmost extent.

What you seem to be basing your justification off of is your idea that those oil reserves within said countries are endless and by stealing those energy resources does not subject said peoples to a risk of poor living conditions VIA stealing...How you'd hold that standard for the aggressors yet not for the peoples to whom your attacking is beyond me...

I agree but when it's at the expense of others it's stealing, wrong, and completely and utterly unjustifiable. How our reserves are tapped yet you want to subject other peoples to the same fate is beyond me and completely unethical...I ask how those people can "hold this view and possibly not question why it is they breath"...

I've known a certain king named Charlemagne to whom lived in the 8th and 9th century who made it a virtue of his to chop peoples heads off if they hadn't excepted Christianity as well...I wouldn't say for a minute that I think Christians are murderers no more than I were to say that all Americans kill because there'd been American citizens to whom have murdered...

In short I ask,..what the hell does the attack on the World Trade Center have to do with Saudi Arabia?...

We're looking for justification...So far I see none.

They don't have to suffer...That's my entire point...

If the US had come up with alternative energy sources no one would have to suffer!...

I don't know how more blatantly clear that can be...

I don't have speakers on my computer, so I can't listen to that initial video.... So I'm replying to what I read...

My friend, you're really confusing with all that you post, and I find it all to hard to follow....

You just don't make any sense with these statements..? Everyone involved in the energy industry is working around the clock to come up with workable alterative energy sources.... None are working yet..? It's not America's fault dude....

Maybe cuz most of those terrorists on those planes came from there..? Unless you think the planes were remotely controlled by the government...???

What stealing..??? Did you know that in Iraq the gasoline costs the military twice what Iraqi's pay at the pump....? Those grateful Iraqi's are really giving us a deal for liberating them aren't they...? And where's all the oil that we're stealing, I don't see any of it...?

For the billions of dollars we've spent liberating that country and giving those people a taste of a free life, they should give us a lifetime supply of free oil, or our government should charge them a said amount for our service to them, and take the payment in oil...!!! I'm sick and tired of America trying to do whats right in a given situation, only to have the America bashers and idiots try and tear it down every step of the way with angry nonesense.......

You should join the military, you need a good drill sargent to straighten you out.....
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snidely Whiplash;962650 wrote:

You just don't make any sense with these statements..? Everyone involved in the energy industry is working around the clock to come up with workable alterative energy sources.... None are working yet..? It's not America's fault dude.... What?...Are you serious?..."Not working"?...

Ethanol is produced domestically from corn and other crops and produces less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional fuels.

Biodiesel is derived from vegetable oils and animal fats. It usually produces less air pollutants than petroleum-based diesel.

Natural gas is a fossil fuel that generates less air pollutants and greenhouse gases.

Propane, also called liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), is a domestically abundant fossil fuel that generates less harmful air pollutants and greenhouse gases.

Hydrogen can be produced domestically from fossil fuels (such as coal), nuclear power, or renewable resources, such as hydropower. Fuel cell vehicles powered by pure hydrogen emit no harmful air pollutants.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/Feg/current.shtml

You don't know what you're talking about dude...America doesn't have an abundance of alternative based fuel vehicles because it's not in Americas' best financial interests in the short run...

Maybe cuz most of those terrorists on those planes came from there..? Unless you think the planes were remotely controlled by the government...??? I'll try again...

What stealing..??? Did you know that in Iraq the gasoline costs the military twice what Iraqi's pay at the pump....? Those grateful Iraqi's are really giving us a deal for liberating them aren't they...? And where's all the oil that we're stealing, I don't see any of it...? This entire thread is "John McCain: Oil is Only Reason for U.S. Wars in Middle East"...Considering the "Middle East" in this context is not "America" by that definition it's called stealing seeing as how the Iraqis fought to repel them...I don't condone war wen it's initiated primarily to fulfill business concerns given the current circumstances of the United States of America...Justification is what we're after...Regardless of whether or not Americans are going to be seriously affected by the potential of oil deprivation for the better or worse the government should have enforced laws pertaining to oil as opposed to the continuance of "supply and demand" theoretics...Justification does not become valid just because the past created a biased circumstance...

For the billions of dollars we've spent liberating that country and giving those people a taste of a free life, they should give us a lifetime supply of free oil, or our government should charge them a said amount for our service to them, and take the payment in oil...!!! I'm sick and tired of America trying to do whats right in a given situation, only to have the America bashers and idiots try and tear it down every step of the way with angry nonesense.......

You should join the military, you need a good drill sargent to straighten you out.....I'm not even beginning with this...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

sw wrote:

You just don't make any sense with these statements..? Everyone involved in the energy industry is working around the clock to come up with workable alterative energy sources.... None are working yet..? It's not America's fault dude....

I give you an A+ K,,,,,,for tryin to,,,:-5

Snidely,,, The good news,,, the brain wash,, isn't permanent,,,

time heals,,,,

Their working round the clock,,eh?

Let me see if I got this straight,,, to get rid of their number one product,,correct?

I gotta Gold mine,,,, that will take care of my great great great great grandchildrens college education,, and,,, now get this,,and I am finding people out in the world who will believe I am working feverishly,,,, how'd you put it?

ROUND THE CLOCK!

To get rid of it,,,, and accept less money for it,,,take a cut,, and they have bought it,,, HOOK,,,LINE,, and STINKER,,,.

ROUND THE CLOCK,,

It's my favorite,,I can't help it...

I got this bridge,,dude,,,.:-3
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

To promote alternative fuels, the Federal government offers tax incentives to consumers purchasing qualifying alternative fuel vehicles.http://www.fueleconomy.gov/Feg/current.shtml

Only emphasizes further how the government is allowing alternative fuels to go nonexistent by the fact that all they have to do is force oil dependent companies to alter their business practices...

Which would lead to rich businesses not dictating whether or not this country goes to war...

Just because America stood and stands for something great doesn't mean anything questioning it shouldn't be overlooked...You people seem to forget what the **** is right in humanity hidden behind a damn flag...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I dream of a reality,,,

where pain is merely considered, a misunderstanding,,

a shadow cast down,, that creates the illusion of a challenge..

Learning,, is finding out what we already know,,

Doing,, is demonstrating that we know it,,

and Teaching,, is reminding others that they know just as well ...

We are all,, learners,,doers,,teachers...

Brilliant idea for a world,, don't you think?

facts wrote:

Daniel Ellsberg, the former Defense Department analyst who leaked the secret Pentagon Papers history of the Vietnam War, offered insights into the looming attack on Iran and the loss of liberty in the United States at a recent American University symposium. What follow are his comments from that speech. They have been edited only for space.

Let me simplify . . . and not just to be rhetorical: A coup has occurred. I woke up the other day realizing, coming out of sleep, that a coup has occurred. It’s not just a question that a coup lies ahead with the next 9-11. That’s the next coup that completes the first.

The last five years have seen a steady assault on every fundamental of our Constitution . . . what the rest of the world looked at for the last 200 years as a model and experiment to the rest of the world—in checks and balances, limited government, Bill of Rights, individual rights protected from majority infringement by the Congress, an independent judiciary, the possibility of impeachment.

There have been violations of these principles by many presidents before. Most of the specific things that Bush has done in the way of illegal surveillance and other matters were done under my boss Lyndon Johnson in the Vietnam War: the use of CIA, FBI, NSA against Americans.

All these violations were impeachable had they been found out at the time but in nearly every case the violations were not found out until out of office so we didn’t have the exact challenge that we have today.

That was true with the first term of Nixon and certainly of Johnson, Kennedy and others. They were impeachable. They weren’t found out in time. But I think it was not their intention, in the crisis situations that they felt justified their actions, to change our form of government.

It is increasingly clear with each new book and each new leak that comes out, that Richard Cheney and his now chief of staff David Addington have had precisely that in mind since at least the early 1970s. Not just since 1992, not since 2001, but have believed in executive government, single-branch government under an executive president—elected or not—with unrestrained powers. They did not believe in restraint.

When I say this, I’m not saying they are traitors. I don’t think they have in mind allegiance to some foreign power or have a desire to help a foreign power. I believe they have in their own minds a love of this country and what they think is best for this country—but what they think is best is directly and consciously at odds with what the Founders of this country [and the Framers of the Constitution] thought.

They believe we need a different kind of government now, an executive government essentially, rule by decree, which is what we’re getting with ‘signing statements.’

Signing statements are talked about as line-item vetoes which is one [way] of describing them which are unconstitutional in themselves, but in other ways are just saying the president says: ‘I decide what I enforce. I decide what the law is. I legislate.’

It’s with the military commissions, courts that are under the entire control of the executive branch, essentially of the president—a concentration of legislative, judicial, and executive powers in one branch, which is precisely what the founders meant to avert, and tried to avert and did avert to the best of their ability in the Constitution.”

Now I’m appealing to that as a crisis right now not just because it is a break in tradition but because I believe in my heart and from my experience that on this point the Founders had it right. It’s not just ‘our way of doing things’— it was a crucial perception on the corruption of power to anybody, including Americans.

On procedures and institutions that might possibly keep that power under control because the alternative was what we have just seen, wars like Vietnam, wars like Iraq, wars like the one coming.

That brings me to the second point. This executive branch, under specifically Bush and Cheney, despite opposition [even] from most of the rest of the branch, even of the cabinet, clearly intends a war against Iran, which, even by imperialist standards, [violates] standards in other words which were accepted not only by nearly everyone in the executive branch but most of the leaders in Congress.

The interests of the empire, the need for hegemony, our right to control and our need to control the oil of the Middle East and many other places. That is consensual in our establishment. …

But even by those standards, an attack on Iran is insane. And I say that quietly, I don’t mean it to be heard as rhetoric. Of course it’s not only aggression and a violation of international law, a supreme international crime, but it is by imperial standards, insane in terms of the consequences.

Does that make it impossible? No, it obviously doesn’t; it doesn’t even make it unlikely.

That is because two things come together that with the acceptance for various reasons of the Congress—Democrats and Republicans—and the public and the media, we have freed the White House — the president and the vice president—from virtually any restraint by Congress, courts, media, public, whatever.

And on the other hand, the people who have this unrestrained power are crazy. Not entirely, but they have crazy beliefs.

And the question is what then, can we do about this?

We are heading toward an insane operation. It is not certain. [But it] is likely.… I want to try to be realistic myself here, to encourage us to do what we must do, what is needed to be done with the full recognition of the reality. Nothing is impossible.

What I’m talking about in the way of a police state, in the way of an attack on Iran, is not certain. Nothing is certain, actually. However, I think it is probable, more likely than not, that in the next 15, 16 months of this administration we will see an attack on Iran. Probably. Whatever we do.

And . . . we will not succeed in moving Congress, probably, and Congress probably will not stop the president from doing this. And that’s where we’re heading. That’s a very ugly, ugly prospect.

However, I think it’s up to us to work to increase that small, perhaps—anyway not large—possibility and probability to avert this within the next 15 months, aside from the effort that we have to make for the rest of our lives.

Getting back the constitutional government and improving it will take a long time. And I think if we don’t get started now, it won’t be started under the next administration.

Getting out of Iraq will take a long time. Averting Iran and averting a further coup in the face of a 9-11, another attack, is for right now, it can’t be put off. It will take a kind of political and moral courage of which we have seen very little.

We have a really unusual concentration here and in this audience, of people who have in fact changed their lives, changed their position, lost their friends to a large extent, risked and experienced being called terrible names, ‘traitor,’ ‘weak on terrorism’—names that politicians will do anything to avoid being called.

How do we get more people in the government and in the public at large to change their lives now in a crisis in a critical way? How do we get Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid for example? What kinds of pressures, what kinds of influences can be brought to bear to get Congress to do their jobs? It isn’t just doing their jobs. Getting them to obey their oaths of office.

I took an oath many times, an oath of office as a Marine lieutenant, as an official in the Defense Department, as an official in the State Department as a Foreign Service officer. A number of times I took an oath of office which is the same oath of office taken by every member of Congress and every official in the United States and every officer in the armed services.

And that oath is not to a commander in chief, which is not [even] mentioned. It is not to a Fuehrer. It is not even to superior officers. The oath is precisely to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Now that is an oath I violated every day for years in the Defense Department without realizing it when I kept my mouth shut when I knew the public was being lied into a war as they were lied into Iraq, as they are being lied into war in Iran.

I knew that I had the documents that proved it, and I did not put it out then. I was not obeying my oath, which I eventually came to do.

I’ve often said that Lt. Ehren Watada—who still faces trial for refusing to obey orders to deploy to Iraq which he correctly perceives to be an unconstitutional and aggressive war—is the single officer in the United States armed services who is taking seriously upholding his oath.

The president is clearly violating that oath, of course. [All the personnel] under him who understand what is going on — and there are myriad — are violating their oaths. And that’s the standard that I think we should be asking of people.

On the Democratic side, on the political side, I think we should be demanding of our Democratic leaders in the House and Senate—and frankly of the Republicans —that it is not their highest single absolute priority to be reelected or to maintain a Democratic majority so that Pelosi can still be speaker of the House and Reid can be in the Senate, or to increase that majority.

I’m not going to say that for politicians they should ignore that, or that they should do something else entirely, or that they should not worry about that. Of course that will be and should be a major concern of theirs, but they’re acting like it’s their sole concern. Which is business as usual. “We have a majority, let’s not lose it, let’s keep it. Let’s keep those chairmanships.”

Exactly what have those chairmanships done for us to save the Constitution in the last couple of years?

I am shocked by the Republicans today that I read [about] in The Washington Post who threatened a filibuster if we … get back habeas corpus. The ruling out of habeas corpus with the help of the Democrats did not get us back to George the First it got us back to before King John 700 years ago in terms of counter-revolution.

I think we’ve got to somehow get home to them [in Congress] that this is the time for them to uphold the oath, to preserve the Constitution, which is worth struggling for in part because it’s only with the power that the Constitution gives Congress responding to the public, only with that can we protect the world from madmen in power in the White House who intend an attack on Iran.

And the current generation of American generals and others who realize that this will be a catastrophe have not shown themselves —they might be people who in their past lives risked their bodies and their lives in Vietnam or elsewhere, like [Colin] Powell, and would not risk their career or their relations with the president to the slightest degree.

That has to change. And it’s the example of people like those up here who somehow brought home to our representatives that they as humans and as citizens have the power to do likewise and find in themselves the courage to protect this country and protect the world. Thank you.”

Daniel Ellsberg is a frequent contributor to Global Research. Global Research Articles by Daniel Ellsberg

The corporations do care about America,,, love America even,, but it's not the kind of love we wish it to be,, in fact most of the people are considered merely obstacles in their path....

Our liberties,,,freedoms,, are also merely obstacles,,, America is still good,, but their are those who believe we are too free,,, and we've already lost it,,, because a lot of the population would rather stick their heads up their own ass, and assume everything is just fine than open their eyes to a truth that defies everything they think they know..

Signing up is the only true way for some to figure out who or what,, they/we have been fighting for.

Return to “International Politics”