Barack Obama won't salute our flag.

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
grh

Post by grh »

Why should he? I don't. I also don't bow my head when someone says a prayer . I displayed a flag after 911, but i didn't walk around saluting them as they came into view. I always felt that standing was enough of a sign of respect to those around me :confused:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
grh

Post by grh »

rjwould;760251 wrote: For cripes sake, give me a break. He says the pledge of allegiance every morning in the senate. This is a bogus issue.

He was sworn in on the bible too, for those of you who are going to be believing he was sworn in on the Koran.

You get up and watch this, do you?:wah:

Have you got any proof to offer up here?:sneaky:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

rjwould;760251 wrote: For cripes sake, give me a break. He says the pledge of allegiance every morning in the senate. This is a bogus issue.

He was sworn in on the bible too, for those of you who are going to be believing he was sworn in on the Koran.

I wouldnt care if he was sworn in on the Koran. Its not a political belief.
I AM AWESOME MAN
grh

Post by grh »

rjwould;760310 wrote: All these ridiculous things were brought up in the last debate.

If he hadn't been showing respect to the American flag up to now, don't ya think we would have heard about it before he was running for president?

Yeah and I'm thinkin' NO!:D

I'm not running for president. I daresay that if I were, there are folks that would feel obligated to share things they know and believe about me that they don't feel they need to bother with now.:thinking:

rambo
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Here's a pretty competent source.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obama.asp
grh

Post by grh »

His middle name is really hussein? and what in the heck is the second guy in that picture looking at?:wah:

rambo
grh

Post by grh »

rjwould;760643 wrote: He has already run against some of the republican smut machine and it would have been revealed....If you had run for state or federal office, some of your dirty laundry would be out there too.

That's exactly what I'm sayin'! The more serious a threat you become, the more folks feel compelled to step forward with what they know(or think they know) about you. It will only get worse, IMO:thinking:

rambo
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Looks like he's singing to me.
grh

Post by grh »

yaaarrrgg;760691 wrote: Looks like he's singing to me.

who?:wah:

personally i can't believe no one has questioned the sanity of the lady standing in the middle of that stage... WHAT was she thinking when she got dressed this morning???:p:rolleyes:

rambo
I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA

Post by I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA »

that's not so , he has refused to be sworn in on the bible, and refuses to if he wins the election.. wake up people something is not right with him!!!!
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773646 wrote: that's not so , he has refused to be sworn in on the bible, and refuses to if he wins the election.. wake up people something is not right with him!!!!

So I guess Obama isn't your first choice then :thinking:

grh;760256 wrote: Why should he? I don't. I also don't bow my head when someone says a prayer . I displayed a flag after 911, but i didn't walk around saluting them as they came into view. I always felt that standing was enough of a sign of respect to those around me :confused:

THIS MAN MAY BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!! , DO YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?? HE DOESN'T EITHER!! DO YOU WANT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T RUNNING OUR COUNTRY!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

rjwould;760310 wrote: All these ridiculous things were brought up in the last debate.

If he hadn't been showing respect to the American flag up to now, don't ya think we would have heard about it before he was running for president?

THIS IS TRUE!! I HAVE SEEN IT , GOOGLE IT, BECAUSE IT IS TRUE!
abbey

Post by abbey »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773648 wrote: THIS MAN MAY BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!! , DO YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?? HE DOESN'T EITHER!! DO YOU WANT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T RUNNING OUR COUNTRY!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!I dont believe in god but that does'nt make me a bad person!

Jester;760363 wrote: Did they find his communist card yet? I hear he keeps it in his left breast pocket!:wah:

Well thats it Im NOT voting for him for sure now!

THANK GOD!!! I HOPE PEOPLE WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT VOTING FOR HIM WOULD BE A MAJOR MISTAKE!!!
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

abbey;773653 wrote: I dont believe in god but that does'nt make me a bad person!

Well said Abbey. Why does this person think that only people who believe in god would be suitable to run a country :thinking:
abbey

Post by abbey »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773654 wrote: THANK GOD!!! I HOPE PEOPLE WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT VOTING FOR HIM WOULD BE A MAJOR MISTAKE!!!Let's save time eh?

Who will you be voting for? :rolleyes:
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Religion shouldn't play a part in politics.

Any politics around the globe.

That's in a dream world I know.:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
grh

Post by grh »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773648 wrote: THIS MAN MAY BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!! , DO YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?? HE DOESN'T EITHER!! DO YOU WANT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T RUNNING OUR COUNTRY!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

That's the beauty of my country. I don't have to believe in god, or you. I happen to think that exactly what we are needing here, is someone that believes in separation of church and state above all else. Unfortunately, not gonna get that with B.O. , 'cause the guy belongs to a christian religion.

I have no trouble believing you are a good christian too. You have that whole crucify him thing down to a fine art. What REALLY bothers you about the guy?? the fact that he is half black or that he is only half white?:thinking::rolleyes:

rambo
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773646 wrote: that's not so , he has refused to be sworn in on the bible, and refuses to if he wins the election.. wake up people something is not right with him!!!!

The person that told you that, unfortunately, is a moron. They are thinking of the congressman from Minnesota. Just because they are both black, that doesn't make them the same person.

Fact-check it.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Lol! :wah:

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773648 wrote: THIS MAN MAY BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!! , DO YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?? HE DOESN'T EITHER!! DO YOU WANT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T RUNNING OUR COUNTRY!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

He's a Democrat... :p I'm sure there's probably a Republican or two out there that's not a Christian, either... whatever happened to seperation of religion and state, anyway?

Not that it really matters either way... whether Obama gets it, or the woman that you're working for does... both are longshots to win in the end.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Anyway, this lad's not a Muslim, Obama is as Irish as befecked, didn't his grandmother come from Sligo eaating potatos all de way over on the prison ship, shure did ye not know that! :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773652 wrote: THIS IS TRUE!! I HAVE SEEN IT , GOOGLE IT, BECAUSE IT IS TRUE!Ahem, I did. :cool:

Accountable;760347 wrote: Here's a pretty competent source.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obama.asp
G-man

Post by G-man »

yaaarrrgg;760691 wrote: Looks like he's singing to me.

What on Earth makes you think he'd be singing to YOU? :wah:

Is Google gospel or summat?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Jeesh..............talk about grandstanding. Are you trying to influence us with all the capital letters and the avatar?

Hint: It won't work.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

G-man;774029 wrote: What on Earth makes you think he'd be singing to YOU? :wah:

Is Google gospel or summat?

Look closely at the video ... he's not saluting the flag .. but he's singing. At least that's what I see. I suppose he could also be muttering curses ... I can't read lips. I didn't Google that info though, if that's what you are implying. I'm a musician myself and notice those sorts of things. :)
Ciao, Bella!

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

As a campaign volunteer for Senator Obama, I know these rumors are untrue. He does recite the pledge, he was sworn in with a Bible, he does respect the flag, he is a Christian, and although this one wasn't mentioned, I'll toss it in anyhow, he does not belong to a racist church.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

and http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/238/

The latter defines who Senator Obama may have been confused with.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ciao, Bella!;774629 wrote: As a campaign volunteer for Senator Obama, I know these rumors are untrue. He does recite the pledge, he was sworn in with a Bible, he does respect the flag, he is a Christian, and although this one wasn't mentioned, I'll toss it in anyhow, he does not belong to a racist church.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

and http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/238/

The latter defines who Senator Obama may have been confused with.
Cool! Someone who may know. I haven't heard much about his plans beyond "change." Other than federalizing healthcare and abandoning Iraq, what does he stand for?

Open or closed borders?

Federalize education?

Expanding or reducing the role of federal government?

Is he under the illusion that he can help the homeless from his perch in Washington?

What's really at the top of his list?
Ciao, Bella!

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

To boil it down, he will give Americans what they need to help themselves. He does NOT promise to take care of everything for us, as in the past, that has not worked. Senator Obama says the "No child left behind" deal is not working, there are too many homeless, many of them vets, we need to concentrate on our enviroment, that everyone should be able to have affordable healthcare, our debt needs to be reined in, we need a stronger/more favorable foreign policy, and need to police foreign products better, work on the Homeland Security Act, reform the immigration issue, pull us out of Iraq, set up job training programs, help farmers get fair prices for their products, help seniors with skyrocketing healthcare costs, make college more affordable, and give teachers the pay/reconigition they deserve.

Link for more in depth reading: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

AngelEyes82;760243 wrote: http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ ... 71022a.flv

:thinking: he's lost my vote a long time ago BUT I don't know who here will vote for him.. If you do I think it will be a huge mistake. Something is NOT right with this man.

maybe the poor guy had an erection! geez! :D :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA;773654 wrote: THANK GOD!!! I HOPE PEOPLE WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT VOTING FOR HIM WOULD BE A MAJOR MISTAKE!!!

I wonder, if your vote's otherwise going to waste, perhaps you'd like to sell it to me? I have a hankering to take part in this election and for some reason the American Government hasn't got round to enfranchising the entire planet. You'd think, since they seem to feel they should control it all, that we all ought to get a vote, but apparently not.

If you'll part with it we'll have a special thread for our foreign friends to decide which way it ought to be cast, and it will be called the ForumGarden non-Citizens' Vote, and we'll be quite excited to have one.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ciao, Bella!;774697 wrote: To boil it down, he will give Americans what they need to help themselves. He does NOT promise to take care of everything for us, as in the past, that has not worked. Senator Obama says the "No child left behind" deal is not working, there are too many homeless, many of them vets, we need to concentrate on our enviroment, that everyone should be able to have affordable healthcare, our debt needs to be reined in, we need a stronger/more favorable foreign policy, and need to police foreign products better, work on the Homeland Security Act, reform the immigration issue, pull us out of Iraq, set up job training programs, help farmers get fair prices for their products, help seniors with skyrocketing healthcare costs, make college more affordable, and give teachers the pay/reconigition they deserve.

Link for more in depth reading: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
I believe that the bulk of government responsibility should fall as close to home as possible. Centralizing local domestic concerns in Washington forces a "one size fits all" strategy that never works as well as tailor-made programs. Therefore, I think issues such as the homeless, healthcare, job training, and education should not be on the federal docket at all.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;775012 wrote: I believe that the bulk of government responsibility should fall as close to home as possible. Centralizing local domestic concerns in Washington forces a "one size fits all" strategy that never works as well as tailor-made programs. Therefore, I think issues such as the homeless, healthcare, job training, and education should not be on the federal docket at all.

And yet we can always find time to make a federal cases out of flag issues. It cracks me up- the things people feel are critical to them in an election:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

It is a national flag, y'know. :cool: :yh_flag
Ciao, Bella!

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

Accountable;775012 wrote: I believe that the bulk of government responsibility should fall as close to home as possible. Centralizing local domestic concerns in Washington forces a "one size fits all" strategy that never works as well as tailor-made programs. Therefore, I think issues such as the homeless, healthcare, job training, and education should not be on the federal docket at all.

All of these matters should be on the federal docket. Some states are too poor to implement such programs. And, there is a large part of the homeless who are veterans. They definitely should be a federal responsibility, yet we can't divide the homeless into two groups. We have to take care of these issues on a federal level, or we'll simply stay mired in the muck we're in now.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

You're forgetting economies of scale and develop once, use many.

Providing a central service does not mean that every patient has to be treated the same - the care provided should be, and is, tailored to the requirements of the patient.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Here is my take on it. Ms. Clinton has already been president twice, so she shouldnt get the nomination to give it another go. (Remember whitewater, anyone?) Barak Obama is a very interesting choice. He has appeal to just about everybody. The Christians, the blacks, the muslims, and the whites. He just about has it all covered. Kinda looks like he is the type to please everybody. Except the republicans of course.

And Spot........until I get the vote here, you cant have the vote there! LOL! thppppppppppppt!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
spot

Post by spot »

Go on, I'll bite, what was Whitewater? That might be an interesting question to worm into.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Oh it was a big property scandal she was involved in back when she was president the first time!
Raven

Post by Raven »

spot

Post by spot »

Raven;775364 wrote: Oh it was a big property scandal she was involved in back when she was president the first time!

So does your reference's entries reading "April 30, 1998, A federal judge ... criticizes Starr for going on the quintessential fishing expedition" and "Nov. 19, 1998, Starr ... says his office drafted an impeachment referral stemming from Whitewater in 1997, but decided not to send it because the evidence was insufficient" mean that Whitewater was a non-event set of unsubstantiated accusations, or am I reading that wrongly? I had understood that the accusations were the result of several years' deliberate and enthusiastic manufacture of smoke trying to imply a fire which had never existed.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ciao, Bella!;775144 wrote: All of these matters should be on the federal docket. Some states are too poor to implement such programs. And, there is a large part of the homeless who are veterans. They definitely should be a federal responsibility, yet we can't divide the homeless into two groups. We have to take care of these issues on a federal level, or we'll simply stay mired in the muck we're in now.
Then call for amending the Constitution and let's see if the public agree. Until then, let's deflate the monster.
Raven

Post by Raven »

spot;775416 wrote: So does your reference's entries reading "April 30, 1998, A federal judge ... criticizes Starr for going on the quintessential fishing expedition" and "Nov. 19, 1998, Starr ... says his office drafted an impeachment referral stemming from Whitewater in 1997, but decided not to send it because the evidence was insufficient" mean that Whitewater was a non-event set of unsubstantiated accusations, or am I reading that wrongly? I had understood that the accusations were the result of several years' deliberate and enthusiastic manufacture of smoke trying to imply a fire which had never existed.

Could be. If it was in Britain, they would have inquiried it to death too. Thats what so fascinating about British politics. The love of scandal! It's amazing how anything gets accomplished!

The Clintons have powerful allies with alot of money backing them. Who knows what may have been swept under the rug. He was almost impeached, remember? I just think they are a very shrewd pair. But they have had their go. America doesnt love her like she thinks it does.

As for whitewater, if it was so nothing wrongish, why the suicide?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Raven;775722 wrote: Could be. If it was in Britain, they would have inquiried it to death too. Thats what so fascinating about British politics. The love of scandal! It's amazing how anything gets accomplished!

The Clintons have powerful allies with alot of money backing them. Who knows what may have been swept under the rug. He was almost impeached, remember? I just think they are a very shrewd pair. But they have had their go. America doesnt love her like she thinks it does.

As for whitewater, if it was so nothing wrongish, why the suicide?

Jesus Christ! We're not supposing that it was done as a political favor to the Clintons are we? We, meaning real live people and not political spinners with no regard for moral correctness? WTF WON'T folks use to trash someone else??:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

Raven;775722 wrote: As for whitewater, if it was so nothing wrongish, why the suicide?
Tell me, does reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Project give you even this slightest reason to believe that muck-raking about both Clintons was paid for on a large scale during the 90s? Or are articles like that just irrelevant untrue left-wing trash?

The pressure Mr Foster had been under in the period before his suicide related, I'd thought, to the White House travel office controversy and the personally critical editorials in the Wall Street Journal which resulted during that investigation.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

There must be some way to make that bastard salute !
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;776021 wrote: There must be some way to make that bastard salute !

maybe his ears are saluting...:thinking:

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”