Husband business trips

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

Today my husband leaves fir England on business for 1 week. It is a yearly trip but nevertheless I hate it with all the crap going on. I'm sure all be fine but we wives still tend to worry (part of our genetic make up).

When he gets back he will be home 2 days then laeave for Chicago for a week.

I often tease him by telling him I need a bf if he keeps traveling so much.

I actually enjoy the time alone, no rush for dinner to be made or to ruin because he is running 2 hrs late, I can watch a good movie curlded up to a cozy fire insted of football and no one stealing blankets and leaving me 8 inches of bed space.

Plus I appreciate him more when he returns.

It's like down time to me and I need that right now. Lately, he has been that pesky fly we can never seem to rid of but pops ups to torment you.

Don't get me wrong we have a great relationship full of humor. Lately since I lossed my mom he doesn't quite get it when it comes to how I feel. He thinks I should suck it up and move forward. Easier said than done. I told him to work giving birt to the twins he seems to have been lugging the last year and I deal with my issues. What's funny.....he is trying but complaining how he is starving to death eating salads and smaller portions. He suggested therapy for me and I gave him Jenny Craig's phone #. :)
RedGlitter

Husband business trips

Post by RedGlitter »

:) That last part was funny. Well, I don't think sucking it up and moving on is very healthy advice but some people just don't understand how it is when you lose someone. It's still fresh for you and you need to hurt before you can heal, trite as that sounds.
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

Glad I made you laugh Red. You deserve much laughter in your life.
RedGlitter

Husband business trips

Post by RedGlitter »

Thank you, CL. I appreciate that. :-6
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

Ha......The sump pump in my basement went out and it is starting to flood and now husband is on his way home having to delay his flight. I don't know about sump pumps am I suppose to?

Hold on maybe there is a recipe in my cook book.
RedGlitter

Husband business trips

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah: Recipe in your cook book....

I don't know anything about those things either.
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

It was funny he is telling me what to do on the phone and I dropped the phone in the well. LMAO........
moonpie

Husband business trips

Post by moonpie »

I think that most men are just that way. Thats sounds like something my husband would say - even though he has lost both his parents. I think some people just take things to heart a little bit more than others, and it does not necessarily mean you are obsessing about something. Hang in there.
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

I am just elated right now because I actually installed a new submersible sump pump all by myself and saved my basement from a major flood. I've never done this before but just diconnected the cooper pipe and kept the pump attatched to it then put everything on the new pump just as it was on the old pump and *POOF* it worked.

Where in the hell did my husband get the idea it was to complicated for me to do?

Oh yea, that degree he has ....engineer. He forgot my degree.....common sense.

Just feel better because my neighbor's basement flooded and they lost everything down there, it was there family room with all the expensive new high tech everything. Invest in a water level alarm. It paid off and we lost nothing.
Bryn Mawr

Husband business trips

Post by Bryn Mawr »

changinglanes;755623 wrote: I am just elated right now because I actually installed a new submersible sump pump all by myself and saved my basement from a major flood. I've never done this before but just diconnected the cooper pipe and kept the pump attatched to it then put everything on the new pump just as it was on the old pump and *POOF* it worked.

Where in the hell did my husband get the idea it was to complicated for me to do?

Oh yea, that degree he has ....engineer. He forgot my degree.....common sense.

Just feel better because my neighbor's basement flooded and they lost everything down there, it was there family room with all the expensive new high tech everything. Invest in a water level alarm. It paid off and we lost nothing.

How much water do you have seeping into the basement? It sounds like serious leakage.
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

Luckily we had a water detector. The second water touches the bottom of the alarm it goes off. Our basement doesn't leak it has hole in floor (storm drain) and when we had our swimming pool built in it messed up the way water was suppose to drain so we had to add a submersible pump to pump out the excess water. The pumps go bad every 4 to 5 yrs and today was my lucky day.

I live in a quad so we have a pump on both lower levels of the house.
Bryn Mawr

Husband business trips

Post by Bryn Mawr »

changinglanes;755658 wrote: Luckily we had a water detector. The second water touches the bottom of the alarm it goes off. Our basement doesn't leak it has hole in floor (storm drain) and when we had our swimming pool built in it messed up the way water was suppose to drain so we had to add a submersible pump to pump out the excess water. The pumps go bad every 4 to 5 yrs and today was my lucky day.

I live in a quad so we have a pump on both lower levels of the house.

That's seriously bad timing - just as your husband's off to the airport.
changinglanes

Husband business trips

Post by changinglanes »

True, but it feels good being able to do things on my own.

Return to “General Chit Chat”