Pet Peeves

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
minks

Pet Peeves

Post by minks »

Ok you's guys now that you all got riled up about issues here....

What is your absolute and most "I can't stand it I may have to commit murder" Pet Peeve.

Anyone who says Saintsman automatically gets sent to jail witout passing GO and without collecting 200 dollars.

Something beyond the usual like prejudice, and dishonesty etc.

My absolute pet peeve is people stepping into my space. Ie. Behind me in a line up and you have to bump me with your card or basket. I could murder for that.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Raven

Pet Peeves

Post by Raven »

Having to repeat myself.

I speak english in an english speaking country, chock FULL of people who CANNOT, WILLNOT, EVER appreciate the subtleties of the english language!

I absolutely HATE trying to explain things to pissy people who wont learn english dang it! :-5
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Hawke

Pet Peeves

Post by Hawke »

Hmmm.....

I would have to say willful ignorance.
BabyRider

Pet Peeves

Post by BabyRider »

Hawke wrote: Hmmm.....

I would have to say willful ignorance.
Reading this and having your sig line follow it REALLY gave me a good chuckle!!! I am so NOT trying to turn this into a gun debate...PLEASE!!!...(most know my stance on that)...It just struck me as very ironic and quite funny. And, Hawke? That was NOT a shot, either.

My biggest pet peeve is being interrupted. Like what you have to say is SOOOO much more important than what I'm saying??? :yh_doh
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Erinna1112

Pet Peeves

Post by Erinna1112 »

BAD GRAMMAR!

There's no such word as "alright" or "alot".

When you're talking about something that occurs on a daily basis, it's "every day," not "everyday" (as in, "I see my friends every day," not "I see my friends everyday.")

THERE ARE NO APOSTROPHES IN PLURALS. You have two cats, you don't have two cat's.

There is also no apostrophe in the word "its" when it's used as a possessive. "The cat ate its food." NOT "The cat ate it's food."

When you mean "you are"...it's "you're" not "your." As in: "You're so funny," not "Your so funny."

WHEW...I feel better now.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
BabyRider

Pet Peeves

Post by BabyRider »

Erinna1112 wrote: BAD GRAMMAR!

There's no such word as "alright" or "alot".

When you're talking about something that occurs on a daily basis, it's "every day," not "everyday" (as in, "I see my friends every day," not "I see my friends everyday.")

THERE ARE NO APOSTROPHES IN PLURALS. You have two cats, you don't have two cat's.

There is also no apostrophe in the word "its" when it's used as a possessive. "The cat ate its food." NOT "The cat ate it's food."

When you mean "you are"...it's "you're" not "your." As in: "You're so funny," not "Your so funny."

WHEW...I feel better now.
What are you, an English teacher??? Your pretty funny, though. (Yes I did that on purpose.) :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

Pet Peeves

Post by Jives »

lol@Erinna! You'll have to excuse me, Erinna. Although my mother was an English teacher, and I, myself, teach it at Nightschool (It's one word because it's a special proper noun we use to refer to night school) I still have a few "stutters" in my posts.

I'm going to blame it on screaming kids distracting me and my arthritus, okay?

For me...no doubt.

I HATE ROAD RAGERS!

They are despicable, detestable, digusting, discombobulated, dire examples of drivers.

(How's that for alliteration, Erinna?):D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
kensloft

Pet Peeves

Post by kensloft »

One of my pet peeves is when people that are teaching you try to teach you wrong things as being right.
Erinna1112

Pet Peeves

Post by Erinna1112 »

Another pet peeve is people who are know-it-alls....so you won't catch me going around actually correcting anyone.

And I do keep in mind that it's content that's important, not mechanics. I have to chuckle at some of my classmates, though. I'm a college student and just got finished with an advanced writing class. Given some of the submissions (I go online, so I can see everyone's work) I have to wonder how they made it through sixth grade, let alone graduated from high school. Yikes.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
rachelg

Pet Peeves

Post by rachelg »

My pet peeves are people who chew with their mouth open, chew gum and pop it every time they bite down, and people who let their dogs run loose through the neighborhood. They all come to my house and poop, as if I didn't already have enough poop of my own to pick up! :o
lady cop

Pet Peeves

Post by lady cop »

my pet peeve is really dumb criminals who want to fight...but then again it's job security! :D
kensloft

Pet Peeves

Post by kensloft »

Erinna1112 wrote: Another pet peeve is people who are know-it-alls....so you won't catch me going around actually correcting anyone.

What I love about know-it-alls is when they finally figure out that the people that they are putting down with their know-it-all-ness actually know more than they do.

Love the look on their faces. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Peg

Pet Peeves

Post by Peg »

My pet peeves?

Home--Chip bags not thrown away that barely have crumbs

Work--People who say "give me" and never say please and thank you

Store--People on cell phones, people who do not have their check even started

Forums--3 or more threads on basically the same subject.

Driving--People who pull out in front of you, almost causing an accident and they are only going 3 yards.
anastrophe

Pet Peeves

Post by anastrophe »

JAB wrote: My pet peeve is a misspelling in a book, magazine or newspaper article. It literally breaks my concentration as I read and I end up stopping and re-reading the sentence to get back on track. Don't they have editors or spell check for these things?
actually, much of the time the problem *is* the spellchecker. spellcheckers have no clue about context, so can't correct a properly spelled word used incorrectly.

for example, just a day ago i emailed a correction to my local city's finance department, because on the back of the water/sewer/garbage bill it states, among other things

Payments not received within 30 days of the billing date will be accessed a $15.00 penalty.

ARGH.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
CARLA

Pet Peeves

Post by CARLA »

SPITTING.. :-5 Just makes steam come out my ears. Especially when the person in front of you spits, and your in the line of fire.. Disgusting, sounds awful, and just bad manners.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

jahamaa

Pet Peeves

Post by jahamaa »

shrink wrap, In my job I have to unload items shrink wrapped. someday me and the guy who invented that stuff are gonna meet in a dark alley. :wah:
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
Lon

Pet Peeves

Post by Lon »

People that will not look at you when you talk to them.
minks

Pet Peeves

Post by minks »

Lon wrote: People that will not look at you when you talk to them.

That is about my second Pet Peeve, being partially deaf I depend on watching peoples lips in order to respond like a learned human being and when they are looking around or down that irks me to no end.

That and idjits that talk while walking away from me Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Penny Alayne

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Penny Alayne »

People who are always asking for my advice, yet always does the opposite of whatever I told them to do.
cars

Post by cars »

People who walk their dog carrying a leash in their hand, while the dog runs wild!
Cars :)
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I don't watch TV because of all the dross on it, but the clips I've seen, those [insert country here]'s Got Talent, with the 2 trademark talentless idiots in the wings, who contribute absolutely nothing to the show. Worse still are the audience when they're screaming while the artist is performing. If I'm watching the show it's the Artist I want to hear, not some mindless screeching.
cars

Post by cars »

Don't like when drivers in their car have the radio blasting with the windows open, and when they stop next to you at a red light, you have to listen to their blasting loud music!
Cars :)
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

the effing arsehole across the road who has his music up loud ...and especially the base at a normal hour ....then the next morning it's still going. :evil: ...Have already had a quiet friendly word where he laughed and said "yeah I fall asleep before turning it down." His auntie lives with him . Are they both on such heavy medications that neither of them can hear it????
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

Buy him https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/402289778687 and tell him if he doesn't set it to 10pm and use it, your mates will sort him instead. It's worth $20 just to win.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ya dag!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Undertakers. Not the Funeral Directors (although frequently forming a close relationship with them.

Last week I nearly came a cropper on the Motorway after being undertaken by a ParcelForce lorry. I was waiting for the traffic on the nearside lane to peel off the slip road, before moving into the lane in readiness to exit the motorway at the next junction, after allowing for the merging of traffic joining the Motorway. Next thing I know is this dirty great red lorry on my inside. I've already taken it up with ParcelForce, and sent them the DashCam footage, and they are taking disciplinary action against the driver, as it's not the first time he's had such complaints against him.

Return to “General Chit Chat”