Anybody here out of work?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Ive been signed off for a few weeks, i doubt i'll be back before the end of July. I'm bored, i miss working, i like my job. How does being out of work affect you?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

buttercup;651093 wrote: Ive been signed off for a few weeks, i doubt i'll be back before the end of July. I'm bored, i miss working, i like my job. How does being out of work affect you?

I've had to give up working five hours every friday night because I was penalised so much. I have to either work over thirty hours or nothing at all to make ends meet. I'm not in the position to put my son into childcare, he would need a childminder as opposed to an afterschool club so it would cost me a fortune. Had I been working over the last month I would have had to take off about three weeks because the children have run temperatures for three days, back to school for a few days then they've both come down with chickenpox two and half weeks apart! I'd be really popular with an employer right now :wah:

But I am bored out of my skull, might look into doing some part time courses at the local college.
neffy

Post by neffy »

i work part time which i like,but with my ankle getting worse i dont think it will be long until i will have to give it up.

Like everyone i have worked since the age of 15 and i am now 45 so i feel not gulity about maybe giving it up.I think what i would miss the most is not the money but friends working in such a large waitrose which is the biggest one in the south and with well over 600 partners.Hope you soon feel better butter cup xx
The rottie queen
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I live for summer vacation.

I still work my two part time jobs anyway during it.

There is too much to do to be bored. I write 6-10 hours a day, clean the house, do the yard, yadda yadda stuff.

And post every once in awhile......................:)
SlipStream

Post by SlipStream »

I can't work du 2 disability
xalisonx

Post by xalisonx »

im out of work at the moment, after finishing my college course,

when your at school and college all they say is you need good qualifications to get a job, now iv got them, nobody will take me on because i have no experience! They dont tell you that bit at school!

xx
xalisonx

Post by xalisonx »

im not claiming, i dont see the point in me signing on personally, as i have no kids, no bills to pay or anything like that, the only thing i need money for is petrol, and if i dont have it i dont use my car! simple!
Lon

Post by Lon »

buttercup;651093 wrote: Ive been signed off for a few weeks, i doubt i'll be back before the end of July. I'm bored, i miss working, i like my job. How does being out of work affect you?

I have been out of work for 16 years and don't miss it at all. Remember recess when you were in school, how much fun? Well, the past 16 years has been recess, and I don't have to go back to class.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I've worked since I was 8 years old, berry pick, bean picked, part time clerical, part time bartender etc.. My profession was working as a Doctors Assistant for over 20 yrs.

I haven't worked since 1995 - when I became a patient.

I struggled - found not working depressing, I wanted to go back to work, still do.

Patsy
weeder

Post by weeder »

I will not be working for the month of July. Finished a large landscape project last week. The next one will not begin until the end of July, I am very anxious

when I am not working. Do not know how to relax. I feel guilty, if I am not productive. These feelings are not healthy and I strive to overcome them to this day.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]

Return to “General Chit Chat”