Discuss the latest political news.
capt_buzzard

The Madness Of The US Looney Left

Post by capt_buzzard »

Do you have any other life? All politcs Not good yer know. :driving:
libertine

Post by libertine »

It always amazes me that the radical right ;) will lump all Democrats under one label, in this case "Looney Left" because one faction espouses a (in this case) rather stupid agenda, but would cry FOUL if anyone dared call all Republicans extremists (or radical right) just because David Duke spouts idiotic messages on occasion

Makes one want to stay away from politics. :)
Runner4thePrize

Post by Runner4thePrize »

YES! Condi for President; By all means!! To read your post here is sooo refreshing. There are still people like us and Shaun Hannity around, probably millions more of "us" than of "them". LOL

I have long said that liberal lefties only believe in freedom for folks of a certain political persuasion, and all the rest need to be censored, persecuted, and maligned.

Remember back when it was so common for lefties to be always screaming about freedom of the press? We hear it no longer from them.:lips:

Most left-wing Senators are racist today, in spite of hearing them try to pin the race card on anyone who does not swallow their agenda. Senator Kennedy lives in a gated, whites only neighborhood.:rolleyes: Senator Clinton first touched a black person only at her husbands insistence. Former President Clinton still refers to himself as "the first black President." What a clear attempt to smear the black race! It was a part of his plan to buy more votes from blacks. Shame on them. She now refers to the black voting block in New York as "her black voters."

Who would make a good vice-President along with Condi? O think that lady Judge that Bush nominated and received confirmation on the Court of appeals, I think it was.... I forget her name but I heard her in a speech on the tube, and that woman is very qualified to step inot Cheney's shoes. By the way, she is African-american too. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head to the supremacist liberals! LOL:wah: :p
ChiptBeef

Post by ChiptBeef »

2008 Dream Team

John McCain (Pres.) and Condolezza Rice (VP) [as Independents].
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Independents ........ aren't.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

sarasara wrote: [...]

The issues that face America today do not belong to any one ideology or party. It appears though that Republicans are the only ones genuinely interested in solving the problems, and that is partly because the Democrat party has become fractured and occupied by extremists whose viewpoints are wildly off the mark with ordinary Americans. If the Left can quit living in denial, rebuild, and take some positions that might resonate with more Americans rather than resonating with Michael Moore and Janine Garofolo, they might see an improvement in their success rate.
:yh_rotfl
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

sarasara's post here is a year old. she left because i accused her of never attributing her writings. in fact, she claimed a post and i showed it to her in the london times. she never returned. *snicker*
ChiptBeef

Post by ChiptBeef »

Accountable wrote: Independents ........ aren't.
Regretable... but true. It's still nice to dream... :-6
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

I am asuming that this is not irony so here goes. Condaleeza Rice!! is this the same woman who had such a grasp of international politics that she publicly stated after the Hamas landslide that She did not know why none of her people saw this coming"

I would be a little bit concerned about her grasp on her brief if it were me voting.

It begs another question that has always intererested me, why is there no decent sized third party in the USA, given the polarisation there now appears to be on both left and right surely a large number of moderates are to found in the middle ground. Is it you electoral system that stops third parties being serious players?
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Bothwell wrote: I am asuming that this is not irony so here goes. Condaleeza Rice!! is this the same woman who had such a grasp of international politics that she publicly stated after the Hamas landslide that She did not know why none of her people saw this coming"

I would be a little bit concerned about her grasp on her brief if it were me voting.

It begs another question that has always intererested me, why is there no decent sized third party in the USA, given the polarisation there now appears to be on both left and right surely a large number of moderates are to found in the middle ground. Is it you electoral system that stops third parties being serious players?
Yup. When the Democratic Republican Party broke up (long ago) they pushed the other parties out, then changed the rules to make it prohibitively difficult to establish a new party.
libertine

Post by libertine »

Here in Alaska there is a growing 'moderate Republican" party that is slightly more to center than our usual run of the mill Republicans (in case you aren't up on Alaska politics..we always send Republicans to Congress) but to have any clout in the state legislature they then have to go with the party line. We also have an Independence PArty (wanting Alaska to Secede) and an active LIbertarian group , but neither ever gets too far even in state politics. And for the same reasons they don't do anything great nationally...no money to back them.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

ChiptBeef wrote: 2008 Dream Team

Yes yes yes...

Acutally during the Gore/Bush cycle in 2000, my dream ticket was McCain/Bradley running as independents..

but alas.. we are stuck in this archaic 2 party system.. that big business will continue to support..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

greydeadhead wrote: Yes yes yes...

Acutally during the Gore/Bush cycle in 2000, my dream ticket was McCain/Bradley running as independents..

but alas.. we are stuck in this archaic 2 party system.. that big business will continue to support..
What possible difference does it make whether McCain calls himself Republican or Independent? He's still McCain.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

money money money... If he declares as an independent.. I am sure the the RNC would pull any and all funds from any campaign he mounts..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I'd vote for McCain, but not if Rice was his running mate.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Loony left, Loony Center and Loony right as well as the 'Raving Loony Party'. We've got it all over here...oh yeh, and the 'Respect' party !!!! They're all 'barking mad' !!
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
orpheus

Post by orpheus »

Bez wrote: Loony left, Loony Center and Loony right as well as the 'Raving Loony Party'. We've got it all over here...oh yeh, and the 'Respect' party !!!! They're all 'barking mad' !!

Galloway is a legend!

(Until he entered BB).............silly :-5 silly:-5 George :-5
Bez

Post by Bez »

orpheus wrote: Galloway is a legend!

(Until he entered BB).............silly :-5 silly:-5 George :-5

Galloway is a nutter in my book....time will tell !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
orpheus

Post by orpheus »

Bez wrote: Galloway is a nutter in my book....time will tell !
He's a politician of course hes a nutter,

But he uses words like lickspittle. :yh_worshp
TruthSeekerToo

Post by TruthSeekerToo »

libertine wrote: It always amazes me that the radical right ;) will lump all Democrats under one label, in this case "Looney Left" because one faction espouses a (in this case) rather stupid agenda, but would cry FOUL if anyone dared call all Republicans extremists (or radical right) just because David Duke spouts idiotic messages on occasion. Makes one want to stay away from politics.
What about when leftist liberals "spouts idiotic messages on occasion," like using the name of Jesus for their political agenda? http://www.chatmania.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85
libertine

Post by libertine »

I guess one then has to decide whether wrapping oneself in the flag and pounding on the bible trumps "Using the name of Jesus for their political agenda".

One is just as despicable as the other...and jsut as transparent.

Return to “Current Political Events”