Breast feeding in a public place.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LondonFan of MJ!

Post by LondonFan of MJ! »

Do you think it's ok to breast feed a baby in a public place?

I know Claire has strong views on this! lol
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

It's not nice to upset others.

This place isn't stricked enough.

Mods please ban me for good.

Thank you.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

LondonFan of MJ!;561019 wrote: Do you think it's ok to breast feed a baby in a public place?

I think it's fine, it's the most natural thing in the world. My friends that done it was always discreet, the same as any nursing mother that I've seen. :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

saffy

Post by saffy »

Of course it is.

You don't have to have your boobs hanging out all over the shop to feed your child.
guppy

Post by guppy »

as long as you are discreet about it. cover your self with a blanket....i think it is perfectly acceptable....why? cause i did it with all four of mine....
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the mother is decent about it- seriously, I was a breastfeeding mother and will be again soon, and I will breastfeed in public, but I'm the kind of person that knows that not everyone wants to see/hear it! I think as long as the mother respects the fact that not everyone is comfortable with it and keeps covered then its ok.
LondonFan of MJ!

SuzyB;561023 wrote: I think it's fine, it's the most natural thing in the world. My friends that done it was always discreet, the same as any nursing mother that I've seen. :-6

I agree!!

Discreetly, like you said though.
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

Thank you.
Loz

Post by Loz »

I think a baby should be fed anywhere the mum chooses to feed him/her, What I hate is when people say about it being somewhere they are out eating at and a mum starts to feed her baby, You get silly comments like "I am trying to eat" So? lol it's ok for you to eat but not a baby? GRRRRRR LOL
saffy

Post by saffy »

I got asked to leave a restaurant once and feed my baby in a toilet.

lol..silly people. Why they were looking at me and not their own dinners I don't know.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

saffy;561033 wrote: I got asked to leave a restaurant once and feed my baby in a toilet.

lol..silly people. Why they were looking at me and not their own dinners I don't know.

That is disgusting, when was this Saffy? I would have gone mad :-5

saffy

Post by saffy »

It was about 3 and half years ago and it wasn't even the staff of the restaurant it was another customer!

I think they would have prefered my baby screamed the place down.:-5

I was sitting in a booth of a bistro in covent garden and no boob was showing at all..it just looked like I was holding him and he was snuggled up.

I was a touch hormonal at the time and told him to sling her hook.

I was a little pissed off that a member of my own sex didn't show any empathy.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

people that think babies should eat in the bathroom should be made to have their meal in the bathroom and see how they like it! :D
guppy

Post by guppy »

i was sitting in a corner booth one time feeding one of mine and i heard this load obnoxious man call the waitress over and demand she tell me to leave...the lady told him i was a long standing customer and he could get up and leave....and he did.....:p
koan

Post by koan »

saffy;561024 wrote: Of course it is.

You don't have to have your boobs hanging out all over the shop to feed your child.

Exactly. I had a front child carrier that allowed me to nurse while I walked down the street with my shirt hiding all the activity. No one knew and I got all my chores done faster.
minks

Post by minks »

I see nothing wrong with nursing in public. What I don't see is the way some people perceive it as unpleasant?? Sad really.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

minks;561046 wrote: I see nothing wrong with nursing in public. What I don't see is the way some people perceive it as unpleasant?? Sad really.

Honestly, I hated breastfeedin- especially in public! Caroline was just so noisy! and I guess I am really prude! But it made me so uncomfortable, but I did it anyway for the health of the baby, ya know?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I think if you do it in a public women's restroom it's fine. But when you force others to watch it, it's really unbecoming and gross. People will say it's beautiful blablabla or "you don't have to look!" But really when you make others uncomfortable in your presence you are being ill-mannered. Many will say that's what a breast is for. There are the rest of us who will say it's for our man first. So no, I don't want to see it and I frown on it when I do. Thanks for asking!
saffy

Post by saffy »

RedGlitter;561073 wrote: I think if you do it in a public women's restroom it's fine. But when you force others to watch it, it's really unbecoming and gross. People will say it's beautiful blablabla or "you don't have to look!" But really when you make others uncomfortable in your presence you are being ill-mannered. Many will say that's what a breast is for. There are the rest of us who will say it's for our man first. So no, I don't want to see it and I frown on it when I do. Thanks for asking!

Seriously?

It's for your man first??..lol
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

RedGlitter;561073 wrote: I think if you do it in a public women's restroom it's fine. But when you force others to watch it, it's really unbecoming and gross. People will say it's beautiful blablabla or "you don't have to look!" But really when you make others uncomfortable in your presence you are being ill-mannered. Many will say that's what a breast is for. There are the rest of us who will say it's for our man first. So no, I don't want to see it and I frown on it when I do. Thanks for asking!

I actually think I will agree with you- Its rude to impose yourself when it makes others uncomfortable-I got lucky when I breastfed and only ate out once at a pretty nice resturant- and I breastfed in the bathroom- I'm not saying everyone should, and I still think its ok to do it in public-in private places
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

You find that funny saffy?
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I wouldnt want to sling my boob out there for people to see. There are too many crazy perverts in this world. WHo knows what kind of freak likes that sort of thing.

HBIC
saffy

Post by saffy »

RedGlitter;561099 wrote: You find that funny saffy?

lol..I do a bit.
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

Thats gross.

HBIC
Loz

Post by Loz »

RedGlitter;561073 wrote: Many will say that's what a breast is for.

That is exactly what they are for. Nature made us that way to feed babies, It just happens that men love them :wah:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

DesignerGal;561103 wrote: Thats gross.

You're kidding right? How do you think the kid got there in the first place? :wah:
LondonFan of MJ!

Yeah I understand what you mean.

I wouldn't like to see a womens boob hanging out while I was eating.

Baby or not.

But if it was done like, in the corner, hidden, I see nothing wrong with that.

What made me make this thread was I remembered a time I went out with a friend for lunch.

She whopped her boob out blantly, outside a cafe, on the street, where we were sitting.

No blanket, cover or anything.

Now and then she would burp him with her boob still hanging out.

A group of men stood there laughing.

Men!:rolleyes:

Oh and yes, boobs are made for babies but I am affraid mine are for my man.

I don't think I could breast feed, I think I will use a breast pump instead.

I may change my mind once I have children I guess?

Thank you.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I'm surprised that you find it makes you uncomfortable - if I even notice then it's "OK, lucky kid" and get on with whatever. I certainly don't feel "forced to watch it".
LondonFan of MJ!

DesignerGal;561100 wrote: I wouldnt want to sling my boob out there for people to see. There are too many crazy perverts in this world. WHo knows what kind of freak likes that sort of thing.

Yeah this is the problem.

What is it with men and boobs?

Oh thats another topic I guess. lol

Thank you.
saffy

Post by saffy »

So is it the breast thats offensive or the baby which is the problem?

Does it make you cringe when you see people from third world countries on the LiveAid documentaries feeding their children or is just in restaurants?
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

LondonFan of MJ!;561019 wrote: Do you think it's ok to breast feed a baby in a public place?

Oh no, WHY of WHY did you have to start this thread! :-2

I don't disagree with breastfeeding although with my son the thought of even trying it repulsed me. This time I am going to feed my baby but ONLY during the night, otherwise I'll be using a pump. No way will you ever see me doing it in public, covered or not.

If boobs were just for babies then they'd grow with your pregnancy.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Bryn Mawr;561110 wrote: I'm surprised that you find it makes you uncomfortable - if I even notice then it's "OK, lucky kid" and get on with whatever. I certainly don't feel "forced to watch it".

I do. Taking a dump is a natural part of living but we don't do it in public. Most of us keep sex private too and that's certainly NATURAL and BEAUTIFUL, so why don't we show everyone and to heck with whoever doesn't like it? They don't have to watch.

I see nothing beautiful about babies sucking on women as if they're cows. I was brought up differently. The idea that we don't feed our babies in the bathroom cracks me up. Maybe we should change diapers in the restaurants because it's natural and nobody has to watch and poor precious baby doesn't deserve to have to go into that dirty bathroom. Nope. You take your kid out in public, you nring a bottle. It's called courtesy for others. Just because you have a baby does not give you a right to make others uncomfortable or to press upon their sesibilities.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

OMG someone who has the same thoughts as me!

A man doesn't get his dick out and pee in public so why should a woman get her boobs out!
koan

Post by koan »

Bryn Mawr;561110 wrote: I'm surprised that you find it makes you uncomfortable - if I even notice then it's "OK, lucky kid" and get on with whatever. I certainly don't feel "forced to watch it".

:wah:
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

RedGlitter;561122 wrote: I do. Taking a dump is a natural part of living but we don't do it in public. Most of us keep sex private too and that's certainly NATURAL and BEAUTIFUL, so why don't we show everyone and to heck with whoever doesn't like it? They don't have to watch.

I see nothing beautiful about babies sucking on women as if they're cows. I was brought up differently. The idea that we don't feed our babies in the bathroom cracks me up. Maybe we should change diapers in the restaurants because it's natural and nobody has to watch and poor precious baby doesn't deserve to have to go into that dirty bathroom. Nope. You take your kid out in public, you nring a bottle. It's called courtesy for others. Just because you have a baby does not give you a right to make others uncomfortable or to press upon their sesibilities.

LMFAO I love you!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

saffy;561116 wrote: So is it the breast thats offensive or the baby which is the problem?

Does it make you cringe when you see people from third world countries on the LiveAid documentaries feeding their children or is just in restaurants?

It is the sucking and the unavoidable sexuality aspect. Don't tell me there is none, it is a proven fact that women are capable of having orgasms from it. Yeah, I want my kid to give me an orgasm. :thinking: How much grosser does it have to be? That's not a beautiful bonding moment that is just hellishly sick.

The breast is offensive in this aspect because deny it if you will, it is still primarily a sexual organ before it is a milk gland. That should be respected.

I also hate hearing obnoxious sucking sounds. I hate that other women have not the class to handle it in private the way it was once done. Now we just do what we want and to hell with anyone else.

Third worlders? I don't live there so I don't care. We have pumps and bottles. In my world I find it gross, disgusting and disrespectful if done in public.
saffy

Post by saffy »

RedGlitter;561131 wrote: It is the sucking and the unavoidable sexuality aspect. Don't tell me there is none, it is a proven fact that women are capable of having orgasms from it. Yeah, I want my kid to give me an orgasm. :thinking: How much grosser does it have to be? That's not a beautiful bonding moment that is just hellishly sick.

The breast is offensive in this aspect because deny it if you will, it is still primarily a sexual organ before it is a milk gland. That should be respected.

I also hate hearing obnoxious sucking sounds. I hate that other women have not the class to handle it in private the way it was once done. Now we just do what we want and to hell with anyone else.

Third worlders? I don't live there so I don't care. We have pumps and bottles. In my world I find it gross, disgusting and disrespectful if done in public.

Have you tried to breast feed?
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

RedGlitter;561122 wrote: I do. Taking a dump is a natural part of living but we don't do it in public.

I just spit my tea everywhere.

HBIC
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

DesignerGal;561136 wrote: I just spit my tea everywhere.

Oops. Sorry about that... :-3
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

saffy;561133 wrote: Have you tried to breast feed?

Saffy, I don't like breastfeeding...why would I try it? I'm a bottle person.

I'll let someone else have a turn...I have a couple tamales waiting for me. :)
saffy

Post by saffy »

I have never heard of women having orgasms from breast feeding thats all..lol

Cracked nips, bruising and mastitus yes but not an orgasm.

I'm all about choice at the end of the day, if people choose not to breast feed their babies I will support them all the way.

I just think it is wrong to offend any mother choosing to breast feed her baby.
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

crazygal;561124 wrote: OMG someone who has the same thoughts as me!

A man doesn't get his dick out and pee in public so why should a woman get her boobs out!

Oh yes! SOme of them do!! Neanderthals!

HBIC
LondonFan of MJ!

RedGlitter;561122 wrote: I do. Taking a dump is a natural part of living but we don't do it in public. Most of us keep sex private too and that's certainly NATURAL and BEAUTIFUL, so why don't we show everyone and to heck with whoever doesn't like it? They don't have to watch.

:wah: I see your point there!

Thank you.
LondonFan of MJ!

crazygal;561124 wrote: OMG someone who has the same thoughts as me!

Er yes they do! LOL

Thank you.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

LondonFan of MJ!;561160 wrote: Er yes they do! LOL

Ooh well I wouldn't mind seeing that, lol.

We all do when were drunk. Us women crouch down behind something too. :p
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

crazygal;561165 wrote: Ooh well I wouldn't mind seeing that, lol.

We all do when were drunk. Us women crouch down behind something too. :p

Don't know what you mean :yh_whistl :yh_whistl :yh_whistl

LondonFan of MJ!

RedGlitter;561131 wrote: It is the sucking and the unavoidable sexuality aspect. Don't tell me there is none, it is a proven fact that women are capable of having orgasms from it. Yeah, I want my kid to give me an orgasm. :thinking: How much grosser does it have to be? That's not a beautiful bonding moment that is just hellishly sick.

Gross!!

I do. Taking a dump is a natural part of living but we don't do it in public.

LMFAO!!!

Thank you.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

saffy;561153 wrote: I have never heard of women having orgasms from breast feeding thats all..lol

Cracked nips, bruising and mastitus yes but not an orgasm.

I'm all about choice at the end of the day, if people choose not to breast feed their babies I will support them all the way.

I just think it is wrong to offend any mother choosing to breast feed her baby.

Well see I'm for choice too. But I think it's wrong to offend anyone who doesn't wish to witness a woman breastfeeding.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

SuzyB;561168 wrote: Don't know what you mean :yh_whistl :yh_whistl :yh_whistl

LOL, did that a few weeks ago and I wasn't even drunk, it was daytime!

LondonFan of MJ!

SuzyB;561168 wrote: Don't know what you mean :yh_whistl :yh_whistl :yh_whistl

hahahahahaha *was thinking the same*

Thank you.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

almostfamous;561174 wrote: :wah: you said dick

What was I meant to say? Or are you 12? :wah:
LondonFan of MJ!

crazygal;561179 wrote: LOL, did that a few weeks ago and I wasn't even drunk, it was daytime!

Claire that annimation! hahahahahahaha!!

YOU went for a wee where?:-3 :wah:

Thank you.

Return to “General Chit Chat”