Anyone is sales?

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
LondonFan of MJ!

Anyone is sales?

Post by LondonFan of MJ! »

Hello there!

Is anyone is sales?

I work for a greeting card company, as an account manager. (Sales rep)

I am finding it really hard at the moment to hit my targets.

It's really getting me down.

I can't stand prospecting either.:-5

I just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat? Or can lend me some advice or helpful tips? Seeing as I was never given any trainning!

Maybe I should quit and find something else?

But I love the freedom on the road and all the perks of the job.

I feel stuck!
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

It's not nice to upset others.

This place isn't stricked enough.

Mods please ban me for good.

Thank you.
Richard Bell

Anyone is sales?

Post by Richard Bell »

I just looked at your profile, and I see that you are 30 years old.

You're still young. If this job is getting you down, perhaps you may want to think of another career path. I'm not suggesting you quit. Just remember that you have options. No job is worth it if it makes you miserable.

I've being in jobs that required "cold calls' and quotas and such. I didn't like it. I don't do it any more.

Give your current position your best effort. If it's still not working for you, don't feel as if you've failed. Take it as an opportunity to discover another aspect about yourself. You'll find your niche.
LondonFan of MJ!

Anyone is sales?

Richard Bell;561079 wrote: I just looked at your profile, and I see that you are 30 years old.

You're still young. If this job is getting you down, perhaps you may want to think of another career path. I'm not suggesting you quit. Just remember that you have options. No job is worth it if it makes you miserable.

I've being in jobs that required "cold calls' and quotas and such. I didn't like it. I don't do it any more.

Give your current position your best effort. If it's still not working for you, don't feel as if you've failed. Take it as an opportunity to discover another aspect about yourself. You'll find your niche.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

That helped a lot.

Thats how I feel, that I have failed.

*thinks what job I can do next*

Thanks again!! :)
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

Thank you.
RedGlitter

Anyone is sales?

Post by RedGlitter »

I used to do fronts and no-sales some years back. They made us listen to Zig Ziglar tapes. He's really not bad if you don't mind chirping positivity. But one thing I can tell you is that you MUST be positive at all times. If you slip and start thinking how your sales are down, it comes out in your next spiel even though you may not know it. Another thing Zig says is that every NO brings you that much closer to YES. Sales is tough work and it's a big mind game- for you the seller as well as for the customer. I'd get some training tapes and try them out before giving up the job if you really like the freedom.
SuzyB

Anyone is sales?

Post by SuzyB »

LondonFan of MJ!;560890 wrote: Hello there!

Is anyone is sales?

I work for a greeting card company, as an account manager. (Sales rep)

I am finding it really hard at the moment to hit my targets.

It's really getting me down.

I can't stand prospecting either.:-5

I just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat? Or can lend me some advice or helpful tips? Seeing as I was never given any trainning!

Maybe I should quit and find something else?

But I love the freedom on the road and all the perks of the job.

I feel stuck!

Do you have to get your own leads?

It may seem a silly question but have thought about going on the Internet and seeing if you could add links to someone who is selling eg Party goods/ wrapping paper?

When I used to look after 3 sales people, I would always make sure that at least twice a week, for 2 hours they had a free space to have a brain busting session, where all avenues could be discussed and helpful tips from their colleagues.

If it is crushing you, then I would do as Richard said and look at other careers. :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

crazygal

Anyone is sales?

Post by crazygal »

I occasionally sell on eBay.
LondonFan of MJ!

Anyone is sales?

RedGlitter;561113 wrote: I used to do fronts and no-sales some years back. They made us listen to Zig Ziglar tapes. He's really not bad if you don't mind chirping positivity. But one thing I can tell you is that you MUST be positive at all times. If you slip and start thinking how your sales are down, it comes out in your next spiel even though you may not know it. Another thing Zig says is that every NO brings you that much closer to YES. Sales is tough work and it's a big mind game- for you the seller as well as for the customer. I'd get some training tapes and try them out before giving up the job if you really like the freedom.

Thats a really good idea! Thank you! I will have a look for some!

Great advice there, I can tell you know what you are talking about!

Another thing Zig says is that every NO brings you that much closer to YES.

My boss told me this once. I forgot about that.

Thank you.
LondonFan of MJ!

Anyone is sales?

SuzyB;561114 wrote: Do you have to get your own leads?

It may seem a silly question but have thought about going on the Internet and seeing if you could add links to someone who is selling eg Party goods/ wrapping paper?

When I used to look after 3 sales people, I would always make sure that at least twice a week, for 2 hours they had a free space to have a brain busting session, where all avenues could be discussed and helpful tips from their colleagues.

If it is crushing you, then I would do as Richard said and look at other careers. :-6

I have my own customer base but I have to open new accounts too.

And it is that, that I struggle on.

No way will Ihit target without more customers.

but have thought about going on the Internet and seeing if you could add links to someone who is selling eg Party goods/ wrapping paper?

Good idea. I haven't though't of that?

I have looked up card shops and post offices etc.

Thank you!!! xxx

Thank you.

Return to “Work Employment”