Back to Haggis.........

Elvira

Back to Haggis.........

Post by Elvira »

Where does this come from? (I know it's Scotland, but I want to know why?)

I once served a chap some dog meat in a condom, and told him it was haggis. He apologised for not being able to eat the 'skin' but it was too rubbery!

My bad? :wah:
SuzyB

Back to Haggis.........

Post by SuzyB »

Elvira;535736 wrote: Where does this come from? (I know it's Scotland, but I want to know why?)

I once served a chap some dog meat in a condom, and told him it was haggis. He apologised for not being able to eat the 'skin' but it was too rubbery!

Remind me never to come round for dinner :yh_sick :wah:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Elvira

Back to Haggis.........

Post by Elvira »

SuzyB;535739 wrote: Remind me never to come round for dinner :yh_sick :wah:

You'll just have to come over for drinks then won't you? I can't go wrong with tortillas and celery/ carrot sticks can I?

Speaking of which, bf's away from Sunday, so you'll have to come round and keep me company one evening! have a propper catch up!
SuzyB

Back to Haggis.........

Post by SuzyB »

Elvira;535743 wrote: You'll just have to come over for drinks then won't you? I can't go wrong with tortillas and celery/ carrot sticks can I?

Speaking of which, bf's away from Sunday, so you'll have to come round and keep me company one evening! have a propper catch up!

Will do, Sam still sick, but all the lurgys should have gone by then :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Elvira

Back to Haggis.........

Post by Elvira »

Blimey, he's been poorly for a while now, I hope he's ok. Like I said before though, he's such a sensitive soul, that it's probably the stress of your illness, followed by your mum's illness and everything else too.
Galbally

Back to Haggis.........

Post by Galbally »

Elvira;535736 wrote: Where does this come from? (I know it's Scotland, but I want to know why?)

That was very naughty of you, though I am surprised he didn't recognize that it was a Durex and not a sheep's bladder, he mustn't get out much. I am not sure where haggis comes from because I am Irish, and its a Scots thing, but its probably a very old thing indeed, I am not sure if its a highland dish or a lowland one either, but its nice, I can tell you that. Though your own improvised version has its own charms I suppose, though I think personally I would pass. :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Elvira

Back to Haggis.........

Post by Elvira »

Galbally;535765 wrote: That was very naughty of you, though I am surprised he didn't recognize that it was a Durex and not a sheep's bladder, he mustn't get out much. I am not sure where haggis comes from because I am Irish, and its a Scots thing, but its probably a very old thing indeed, I am not sure if its a highland dish or a lowland one either, but its nice, I can tell you that. Though your own improvised version has its own charms I suppose, though I think personally I would pass. :thinking:

Oh yes, I'm a naughty girl, and deserve to be punished! He didn't notice. He's not so much stupid as greedy. I've also fed him cat biscuits in the past in a low fat snack bag. I was just fed up of him eating me out of house and home!

A scottish friend of mine actually made me haggis, and I thought it was relf!!!

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”