Colour

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Colour

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm a white girl. Peaches and cream to be more exact. :)
Nomad

Colour

Post by Nomad »

Negroed ? :thinking: :wah: What ? :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

Colour

Post by guppy »

white, but i tend to tan very easily......
Nomad

Colour

Post by Nomad »

Magenta flame;529011 wrote: Did I spell that wrong? oops

negroid

I dont think we call them negroes anymore. Not for some time now MF. (:wah: )
I AM AWESOME MAN
Wolverine

Colour

Post by Wolverine »

Nomad;529022 wrote: I dont think we call them negroes anymore. Not for some time now MF. (:wah: )

MF! you can't call people the "n" word. take a hop-skip-and a jump out of the 1950s huh?

silly MF.:wah: :wah:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

guppy

Colour

Post by guppy »

i think politically correct is black now mf.....get it straight.....
Nomad

Colour

Post by Nomad »

Magenta flame;529037 wrote: why ? why aren't people called what they are?

I don't understand

Well its like this MF (:wah:) we made them stop calling us honky's so we cant call them negroes anymore. Its a fair trade.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

Colour

Post by RedGlitter »

Possibly because "negroid" is too close to the impolite term "n.igger." Today we usually say black although there are other terms that people use according to their liking. "People of color." "African American." Although I do wonder if we can still say "Caucasoid" why can't we use "negroid?" Anyone?
Nomad

Colour

Post by Nomad »

RedGlitter;529045 wrote: Possibly because "negroid" is too close to the impolite term "n.igger." Today we usually say black although there are other terms that people use according to their liking. "People of color." "African American." Although I do wonder if we can still say "Caucasoid" why can't we use "negroid?" Anyone?

I dont even recall the last time someone called me a caucasoid :thinking: :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

Colour

Post by guppy »

i am a cracker......:D
Wolverine

Colour

Post by Wolverine »

guppy;529055 wrote: i am a cracker......:D

i'm a honky.

Wolverine

Colour

Post by Wolverine »

I don't understand

i see your point MF. if someone is pizzing you off you should be able to call the a dumbass and not get sued for deffamation of character.

cinamin

Colour

Post by cinamin »

I am white.I was seeing a black guy. I'll never ever get involved with one ever again. I never ever called him a nigger.But now I am wondering. Maybe I should have thought of him as this, and I would have not gotten so hurt. From now on, I'll stick to my own kind.
cinamin

Colour

Post by cinamin »

For me, it's a lot more than just tension. If someone said that he dropped dead, I would be glad.
cinamin

Colour

Post by cinamin »

Magenta flame;529160 wrote: Fair enough..I've had some men like that in my life.:D

Yeah, and they wonder why they have reputations for being "womanizers". He is a typical example. One of those who brags to others that he doesn't have to work, and could be taken care of. Well, not this chick.
Okie

Colour

Post by Okie »

You really cannot cast a broad net. I am caucasian and my best friend growing up was half mexican. My brother married a girl part native american but looks much more indian that white. Her whole family are great. Wonderful people. One of my best friends in school was Full blood Indian. I worked with Vietnamese and blacks. I just cannot say any race is more trustworthy or more dishonest. All have good people and bad people same as white people are. It does seem to me that Vietnamese are smarter but I feel its the way they are encouraged at home. Most are not allowed to waste time watching tv as most American kids do. They are encouraged to study. When they put out the honor rolls here in the paper most of the kids names are Vietnamese.
Okie

Colour

Post by Okie »

I don't understand

I am old enough that I remember that black people had to ride in the rear of the bus. There were two drinking water fountains most places, one for white and one for blacks. And where I went to work there were two rest rooms. ONe for blacks and one for whites. I always resented that. Made me ashamed to work there. Bad part was, they did not allow mexicans or indians to use the white toilets either. And some mexicans claimed to be spanish and felt they should use the whites toilet.

there was a balck peoples swimming pool and white peoples pool. And on and on. I did not have anything in starting any of that and I felt bad it was that way. but I didnt have the guts to stand up and say it was wrong.
JacksDad

Colour

Post by JacksDad »

In the 60's, I was taught that 'nigger' meant a stupid and ignorant person.

Well I didn't know of anyone like that regardless of their skin.

As I aged I found (according to that definition) that there were far more 'white niggers' than black. At least in my experiences.

Later I learned that nigger was nothing more than a derogatory racial slur based on an alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger.

I also learned that black and white are not even colors! And anything in between is the result of pigmentation. In humans brought about by lineage /climate/blood pressure or being a goth! ;)

I'm a human. You/ he/she/it are humans. Some suck and some don't.

ya know?

Is this really necessary?

:-5
Lulu2

Colour

Post by Lulu2 »

I've seen people in India who were darker than many Africans. And I've seen Mexicans with red hair and green eyes. The whole "color" thing is imprecise at best and misleading, divisive and difficult to maintain.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cinamin

Colour

Post by cinamin »

Magenta flame;529175 wrote: That has nothing to do with being black ....that's just an arsehole! they come in white, brown, yellow and pink too.

Yep, well this arse was a black one. Not that at one time I didn't love him, I did. So I cannot say that I am racist. Or I would not have gotten close to him. But he has proved to me some things that I didn't want to believe about him, that I believe, came about due to his background. He was just really good at covering it all up and appearing as not one of those kind that we would call "nigger". I never called him that. And as far as I am concerned, he has made me think of him as that way now. And it isn't my fault it is his fault.

He takes advantage of women and is abusive. Every black man that I've known is a cheater, alocholic, drug addict or all of the above and then some. And I found that he is all of those and then some. A leopard does not lose its spots. And he is 54, he'll never change. He likes the way he is. It is what has worked for him. And I don't feel sorry for any woman who he takes advantage of now.

I was too good for him. And I left finally. But he has others who he can take advantage of now. So he won't miss me.
RedGlitter

Colour

Post by RedGlitter »

Settle down there, Magenta. Let's try to reroute the train of thought here.

You were asking what our ethnic origins were, yes?

I am predominantly German with immigrant great-grandparents and I have a smattering of Irish and possibly some Scotch or Welsh in there but I cannot prove that beyond a name and family hearsay. And I'm white. I think that covers it.:) What is your origin?

Whos' next?

(Apologies if this is not what you were going for.)
Lulu2

Colour

Post by Lulu2 »

Oh..ok. How about pink with some freckles? (Red head...)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
RedGlitter

Colour

Post by RedGlitter »

Okay good. Then I have a peachy tone to my skin except I have the "mask of the Irish" and my face tend sto get red when I am hot or in the sun or when I'm angry. (No that's not why I'm Red Glitter- haha) I don't have freckles except for my shoulders and one freckle on my bottom lip. I have eyes that range from green gray to a deep dill pickel green. Golden brown hair.
Carl44

Colour

Post by Carl44 »

i'm a er a dark white , no i mean i look perma tanned , olive coloured skin in summer but nearly normal in winter , i am half romany gypsy so i have a strange family tree indeed:wah: :wah:
theia

Colour

Post by theia »

pompom;529339 wrote: Usually pinky beigey white but a bit grey this morning, in fact I look like I died in the night ...:confused:

Same(ish)...

I just look soooooooooooo scary this morning. Even the cat took flight
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
koan

Colour

Post by koan »

I'm a muppet
SuzyB

Colour

Post by SuzyB »

koan;529463 wrote: I'm a muppet

:wah: :wah:

In answer to your question MF, I am white with freckles, i have mousy blond hair colour. In the summer I am pink with even more freckles!!:(
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

OzBoy

Colour

Post by OzBoy »

Im white Anglo-Irish but with some Indian thrown in so Im tanned all year round (even in London!), jet black hair and green eyes but when living back home in Sydney Im more mistaken for Greek and referred to by a word that I so wont mention on here!
Imladris

Colour

Post by Imladris »

I'm one of the whitest people you could ever meet! To the point that my mother once told me my legs were so pale I looked like I was dead and embalmed - once I had seen an embalmed person I could tell her that they actually have more colour than me!!!

Very pale skin, some freckles, go red in the sun and develop prickly heat - so don't go in the sun.

Had very blonde hair as a child but it has got darker and greyer and now has blonde put in!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
DesignerGal

Colour

Post by DesignerGal »

I'm black.

HBIC
Sweet Tooth

Colour

Post by Sweet Tooth »

me too
WonderWendy3

Colour

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I'm White...get tan in summer..and yeah alittle on the "red-neck" side...don't always wear that hat!!

Attached files
Sweet Tooth

Colour

Post by Sweet Tooth »

DesignerGal;530115 wrote: I'm black.

me too
BabyRider

Colour

Post by BabyRider »

Magenta flame;529240 wrote: Aren't you all being a touchy and political?

Color and nationality is always touchy and political. Human nature.

I'm Indian. Red skin, feathers not dots.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Lulu2

Colour

Post by Lulu2 »

Which group, BR? I've got some Cherokee or Creek.

Return to “General Chit Chat”