Jenny Craig

cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

Hubby has finally gotten fed up with the extra 40 pounds on his frame and has decided to do something about it :)

He started the Jenny Craig diet plan and has lost 10 pounds in less than two weeks. I'm so proud of him! I'm his biggest cheerleader :p

Have any of you guys tried this food plan? He says that most of the meals taste terrific. One thing he has refused to eliminate from his diet is his beloved Southern Comfort :)

He'd rather skip an orange and have a shot of SoCo :D
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Sheryl

Jenny Craig

Post by Sheryl »

That's great Cher. My mom has done Jenny Craig I think, but it get's expensive. She even tried Nutrasystem right before the holidays, but she didn't care for the food. And I saw the chicken salad they send in a can, looks and smells like cat food. :-2
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
chonsigirl

Jenny Craig

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, cheer on your hubby! That is great! :)
WonderWendy3

Jenny Craig

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Cher, tell hubby "Whoo hoo" from me...

I greatly admire people that make the commitment to lose weight and actually do it...

I have done quite a few times in my life, just to put it back on...:-5

but this isn't about ME!!---It's about Cher's hubby...very happy for him, know it's not easy by any means!!
SuzyB

Jenny Craig

Post by SuzyB »

Congrats to Mr Cher, it is so hard to lose weight, i have the upmost respect to anyone that can stick to a diet longer than myself (my record is 2 days)!.

Keep it up Mr Cher :-6 :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

SuzyB

Jenny Craig

Post by SuzyB »

Oops, just realised that looks bad, i'll re-phrase that,

Keep going Mr Cher

I mean

Stick on the plan Mr Cher

:D :D :-6

cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

SuzyB;520418 wrote: Keep it up Mr Cher

The Suz

That's pretty funny!

Plus I like the sound of "Mr. Cher" :)

Losing weight is so hard; I've lost and gained the same 25-35 pounds since I was in college. Right now, I'm on the low end of the scale (yeah!), but I never get too excited because I've *never* been able to maintain the weight loss permanently. :(

And remember, ladies

I think you've ALL got luscious arses anyway :-4 :p
Live Life with

PASSION

Carl44

Jenny Craig

Post by Carl44 »

well done busters dad , keep up the good work i'm trying to lose a few pounds i have not had a drink this year and have only ate healthy food , the question i have is , do you actually live any longer leading this healthy life style of misery or does it just bloody well seem like it:( any well cher my lovelly person how are you ?:D :-4
Patsy Warnick

Jenny Craig

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I tried Jenny Craig, years ago '97 to lose prior to a vacation.

Yes, it worked - and I should be back on it.!!

Its expensive and I guess I'm not ready for that discipline.

But it works

Patsy
tedhutchinson

Jenny Craig

Post by tedhutchinson »

The World's Healthiest Foods Weight Loss Diet

However effective in taking off excess pounds any particular diet plan may be, the only way to sustain that weight loss is by living a healthier lifestyle.

So if you wish to stay healthy and slimmer you have to get to grips at some point with those aspects of your diet and lifestyle that put on the weight in the first place.

Rather than waste money and time on expensive food plans that demonstrably only offer short term solutions why not take the time and trouble to make those necessary changes in you diet and exercise regime now. The sooner you start the sooner you will benefit.

The key to successful weight loss is to accomplish comprehensive lifestyle changes, a process that involves removing bad habits and replacing them with good habits related to eating behaviors and physical activity.

There is perhaps a 40% reduction in risk of coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease for those who eat wholegrain food habitually vs those who eat them rarely. Because wholegrain products have a Low Glycemic Index they are converted slowly into blood glucose, and do not cause "sugar spikes" which lead to blood glucose problems and insulin disorders.

The Vitamin D council OBESITY research links Those who are overweight need to be aware that as Vitamin d is a fat soluble vitamin it tends to be taken up (and locked into) the fatty tissues. Therefore those with excess fat have lower circulating vitamin d, as vitamin d is pleiotopic this causes knock on effects in almost every other part of your body. It is therefore particularly important that overweight people take amounts of vitamin d at the higher end of this spectrum 5000iu a day is absolutely safe
Marie5656

Jenny Craig

Post by Marie5656 »

Is that the one that sends you the food? OK..how is it packaged? I mean, does it come refrigerated..or what? I never understood how they package the food.

The plan seems to make sense..but I absolutely hate that one commercial for it where the lady exclaims at least 3 times "Look at me..I am a size 2" :-5
cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie5656;522011 wrote: Is that the one that sends you the food? OK..how is it packaged? I mean, does it come refrigerated..or what? I never understood how they package the food.

The plan seems to make sense..but I absolutely hate that one commercial for it where the lady exclaims at least 3 times "Look at me..I am a size 2" :-5

Hi Marie :)

I think the one that comes in the mail is NutriSystem.

This is how Jenny Craig works: once per week, hubby gets weighed and and chooses the next week's food selection: three meals per day, plus snacks and you supplement with your own fruits and veggies.

Hubby is at the two week mark today and is down 12 pounds. The food looks pretty good and they have an excellent variety: most are refrigerated or frozen, but some, liked canned chili, can be left out at room temperature.

One breakfast he had was pancakes and syrup; it came with frozen fruit to defrost and put on top: blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. It really looked wonderful (but small :( )

Hey guys, it's not like we *don't* know the right things to eat; we just have to be in the right 'zone' to get it done. If you are not there, it's not gonna happen.

Hubby just happens to be there right now :)
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

Well Gang :)

Hubby is down 16 pounds in three weeks :guitarist

It's time for me to show him *just* how proud of him I am :sneaky: :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

flopstock;533940 wrote: Tell him we'd love a few 'nekked' after shots of him...:D

Floopy :-6

I do love how your mind is quite often in the gutter :)

with mine :p
Live Life with

PASSION

SuzyB

Jenny Craig

Post by SuzyB »

Tell Mr Cher we are all very proud of him :-6

RedGlitter

Jenny Craig

Post by RedGlitter »

Sixteen pounds is great! :)

I have often wondered this: can you fit all the food in a normal freezer? That's what's been making me do weight watchers instead of JC or Nutrisystem. I have to share a freezer with another person and wonder if there would be any room left over for him?
cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

RedGlitter;533968 wrote: Sixteen pounds is great! :)

I have often wondered this: can you fit all the food in a normal freezer?

Good question! :-6

We have the typical freezer-on-the-top type of appliance, so the space is not too big. And you know -- it all fits in perfectly, along with all my food. I eat a lot of Lean Cuisines and such, and it can all be accommodated.

Bob figures it cost him $100 per week for the food. Thinking of all the $$ we spend on other things, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

But I think Weight Watchers is fabulous, too, because it *teaches* you HOW to make the correct food choices. If you don't learn that, you most likely will not keep the weight off.
Live Life with

PASSION

Carl44

Jenny Craig

Post by Carl44 »

tedhutchinson;521725 wrote: The World's Healthiest Foods Weight Loss Diet

However effective in taking off excess pounds any particular diet plan may be, the only way to sustain that weight loss is by living a healthier lifestyle.

So if you wish to stay healthy and slimmer you have to get to grips at some point with those aspects of your diet and lifestyle that put on the weight in the first place.

Rather than waste money and time on expensive food plans that demonstrably only offer short term solutions why not take the time and trouble to make those necessary changes in you diet and exercise regime now. The sooner you start the sooner you will benefit.

The key to successful weight loss is to accomplish comprehensive lifestyle changes, a process that involves removing bad habits and replacing them with good habits related to eating behaviors and physical activity.

There is perhaps a 40% reduction in risk of coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease for those who eat wholegrain food habitually vs those who eat them rarely. Because wholegrain products have a Low Glycemic Index they are converted slowly into blood glucose, and do not cause "sugar spikes" which lead to blood glucose problems and insulin disorders.

The Vitamin D council OBESITY research links Those who are overweight need to be aware that as Vitamin d is a fat soluble vitamin it tends to be taken up (and locked into) the fatty tissues. Therefore those with excess fat have lower circulating vitamin d, as vitamin d is pleiotopic this causes knock on effects in almost every other part of your body. It is therefore particularly important that overweight people take amounts of vitamin d at the higher end of this spectrum 5000iu a day is absolutely safe

probably one of the most correct and sensible posts i've ever read on f g , i'll try and give this a go ted , no more hippo jimbo :mad: :mad:
cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

jimbo;534054 wrote: i'll try and give this a go ted , no more hippo jimbo :mad: :mad:

But what about those of us who love you the way you are??!! :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

RedGlitter

Jenny Craig

Post by RedGlitter »

Cher, does your husband enjoy the food? And do you know if they offer a vegetarian option? :)
tedhutchinson

Jenny Craig

Post by tedhutchinson »

Mercola video on NutriSystem Diet Review: Instant Diet Food That Some Say Is Worse Than Dog Food

Mercola supports my previous post that real home prepared food is the way to go for long term health and weight control. I don't know how NutriSystem compares with Jenny Graig but I still think short term fixes simply produce a yo-yo effect.
cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

RedGlitter;534520 wrote: Cher, does your husband enjoy the food? And do you know if they offer a vegetarian option? :)

Hiya Red :-6

Yes, he really does! They have a plethura of options to choose from. And many of the choices are vegetarian.

He's down 19 pounds :guitarist in five weeks :)
Live Life with

PASSION

RedGlitter

Jenny Craig

Post by RedGlitter »

Wonderful!! :)
SuzyB

Jenny Craig

Post by SuzyB »

That is so funny, I just tried to Google Jenny Craig, to see if you can have the plan over here, and one of the results brought me straight to this thread :wah: :wah:

Tell Mr Cher, we are very proud of him, I know how hard it is sticking to a diet, actually I don't know how hard cause I never manage more than two days :-5

cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

Hey Gang :)

Latest Update: Hubby is down 27 pounds! And that includes a week of vacation eating!

I'm so proud of him -- I'm his biggest fan :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

AussiePam

Jenny Craig

Post by AussiePam »

Wonderful, Cher!!! And it's great to see you. So glad you got that fine vacation!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cherandbuster

Jenny Craig

Post by cherandbuster »

AussiePam;570982 wrote: Wonderful, Cher!!! And it's great to see you. So glad you got that fine vacation!!

Aussie Pam my most lovely friend :-4

It is equally wonderful to see you as well :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”