American Soccer/European Football

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well Fulham found a way to lose against Hull City...I have to say that I'm literally sick to my stomach...

Konchesky of all of them...Good player...If it'd been anyone else I would have ridiculed them until they made amens...

I do think we do look better than last year so that has to be a bit of ambition...The bad part is is that WE LOST TO HULL CITY!!!...

No offense to Hull City they played well just that being a fan I expect to win against newly promoted teams...Otherwise how is it that this logic doesn't support optimism?(Rhetorical)...
abbey

Post by abbey »

Never mind K, We drew at home to Newcastle!!!!!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;957198 wrote: Never mind K, We drew at home to Newcastle!!!!!

Yes!!!...

Far worse be it I lost $200 on a parlay from which every one of my teams won only to come down to Man U vs Wigan...I had Man U...

For sure win right?...

Wrong!!!...

I * hate Man U...

:yh_rotfl...

Only joking...
abbey

Post by abbey »

:yh_rotfl
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;957304 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Fulhamish!!!...

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;957198 wrote: Never mind K, We drew at home to Newcastle!!!!!

I meant Newcastle and not Wigan...I don't know why I mix up Newcastle with Wigan...I think they played with similiar uniforms last year...

Yes it was Newcastle...

Doesn't change the fact that I * hate Man U...

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

God!!!...

I Love it!!!...

Where's the Arsenal fans???...

Come on out you Gunners...

Hehe...

:yh_bigsmi...
abbey

Post by abbey »

I take it the gooners lost? (snicker) :D
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;961330 wrote: I take it the gooners lost? (snicker) :D

:yh_giggle...

You take it right!!!...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I want to catch the Villa vs Stoke City game so I'm off for now...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Wow...All I can say is "wow"...

Stoke 3 - 2 Villa...
abbey

Post by abbey »

Man Utd have signed Berbatov from Spurs (jim you must be gutted)

as part of the deal Spurs will have Frazier Campbell on loan for a year.

Abu Dhabi United (an investment group) have bought the majority of Man shitty from that chinese geezer who is evading the police and has managed to get Robiho from Real madrid in the transfer window.

Is he in for a shock! :wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;969741 wrote: Man Utd have signed Berbatov from Spurs (jim you must be gutted)

as part of the deal Spurs will have Frazier Campbell on loan for a year.

Abu Dhabi United (an investment group) have bought the majority of Man shitty from that chinese geezer who is evading the police and has managed to get Robiho from Real madrid in the transfer window.

Is he in for a shock! :wah:

I've just been reading on similar lines...

Speculation, or concern in some instances, is that "all of the foreign investments will ruin the English Premier League"...

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts coming from a domestic perspective...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Wow what a change in the FIFA world rankings...

1 Spain

2 Germany

3 Italy

4 Netherlands

5 Croatia

6 Brazil

7 Argentina

8 Czech Republic

9 Portugal

10 Russia

I personally believe that the rankings don't really mean anything with the exception of which team is unarguably the best and alot of time I believe there is more than one...

I'd personally say that Argentina and Brazil are still the best in the world...What's everyones' take?...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jimbo;969828 wrote: you mean berbatosser abbey your welcome to the sulky bulgy twat :-5:-5

i'll just have to my berby tattoo removed now :thinking::thinking:

Yeah Jimbo...Sorry man...

Tottenham seems to be going through some rough stages...

They pull through though...
abbey

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;969749 wrote: I've just been reading on similar lines...

Speculation, or concern in some instances, is that "all of the foreign investments will ruin the English Premier League"...

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts coming from a domestic perspective...We (Utd fans) were outraged when the Glazer Bros bought UTD, things have changed, season tkt prices increased and it all seemed to be about the money, but then of course it would, they wanted their investment to work.

Chelsea fans were overjoyed as are city fans, that some multibillionaire has bought the club and you cant blame them.

City has been promised £350 million to buy 18 of the worlds biggest players to make the best club in the world.

But what about loyalty? What about history?

I am so proud of paul scholes, ryan giggs and gary neville who have been part of the club for all their footballing career and will retire from the club they love.

Let's face it, if this arab geezer does what he's promised then shitty will be top of the league.

But how boring! How predictable!

I go to matches to hope we'll win not know we'll win, I want to watch them earn a title and not buy it. :(

jimbo;969828 wrote:

i'll just have to my berby tattoo removed now :thinking::thinking::wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;969955 wrote: We (Utd fans) were outraged when the Glazer Bros bought UTD, things have changed, season tkt prices increased and it all seemed to be about the money, but then of course it would, they wanted their investment to work.

Chelsea fans were overjoyed as are city fans, that some multibillionaire has bought the club and you cant blame them.

City has been promised £350 million to buy 18 of the worlds biggest players to make the best club in the world.

But what about loyalty? What about history?

I am so proud of paul scholes, ryan giggs and gary neville who have been part of the club for all their footballing career and will retire from the club they love.

Let's face it, if this arab geezer does what he's promised then shitty will be top of the league.

But how boring! How predictable!

I go to matches to hope we'll win not know we'll win, I want to watch them earn a title and not buy it. :(

Well I think what's left is to look at previous revenue and associate that with todays' probabilities...I mean the fact still remains that ticket prices and fans are purely the determining factor in a clubs' profits so that alone tells you that the increase will only increase to the extent from which the investment creates a worthy return...That's to say new fans would primarily be the reasoning behind such investments...Which means Man City was a worthy investment in consideration to it's fan base...I do see it as being a problem for the lower clubs because quite frankly no good businessmen would invest in a team who can barely fill a 20,000 seat stadium let alone Old Trafford...However I do see it romanticizing the league which may bring more support at the same time more investments for smaller clubs...

From my own experience football in England is very passionate and I think if a league with your infrastructure could survive it's definitely in England...

One thing's for sure...The more money floating around the league without a salary cap means ticket prices are the reasoning behind salaries as opposed to a salary cap which makes the salaries the reasoning behind ticket prices...

Which brings me to the question if those of you in England would like to see the salary cap implemented...

It would most certainly create a much more competitive league at the same time giving every club a chance to win...

On the other hand I'm a firm believer in that what one is willing to pay for within luxury is what one deserves to buy at said price...That's to say that if someone is better then they deserve what they're getting payed with what one's willing to pay and the other players just quite simply need to practice more...

But then that creates players who jump from one club to the next for more money at a much higher rate than now incremental to increased salaries creating a false sense of integrity...

The salary cap would help the FA alot...
abbey

Post by abbey »

Would it not be a problem though trying to entice world class players into English football clubs if the wages were capped?

I remember when the players used to get a bonus if they scored as they were on a set wage.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;970582 wrote: Would it not be a problem though trying to entice world class players into English football clubs if the wages were capped?

I remember when the players used to get a bonus if they scored as they were on a set wage.

You're right the only way the cap would work for England is if other countries followed suit...Otherwise they'd all play for the Real Madrids and AC Milans to whom doesn't have a salary cap...

What's left is to congratulate Man city on the Premier League title in 2009/10...:wah:

Can you imagine if Ronaldo suited up for Man City?...He'd be hanged, drawn, and quartered...:wah:...
abbey

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;970602 wrote: You're right the only way the cap would work for England is if other countries followed suit...Otherwise they'd all play for the Real Madrids and AC Milans to whom doesn't have a salary cap...

What's left is to congratulate Man city on the Premier League title in 2009/10...:wah:Buggeroff :p
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;970604 wrote: Buggeroff :p

Fulham's going to win the title...:yh_bigsmi...

Don't know how any other "fan" could come up with anything less...
abbey

Post by abbey »

Newcastle FC for sale.

http://www.nufc.com/
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is seeking a staggering $860 million to sell his club to Dubai investors, Arabian Business has learned.

http://www.nufc.com/

$860,000,000/£472,891,235.02) Million is alot of money...

I have been hearing about this on Sky Sports news as well as other resources but I haven't found the time to read into it...I'll do that as soon as I get a spare 15 minutes...

I've just been raking my yard free of small limbs and debris...We've just had a bit of a wind storm from the remanence of Hurricane Ike from which wind speeds reached in upwards of 75 MPH/120 km/h...There were 5 people killed from the wind storm throughout Ohio so I'm afraid the cost was much too high...

None the less I'll be looking into the sports world again here within th enext few days...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

You know after thinking about it I realize that the game of European Football was created far sooner than it were ever called soccer...

Seeing how it's completely habitual and instinctively inescapable that my first reaction is to call the original game of football "soccer" hence why you see "American Soccer" written first I hope no one's taken offense...

I should have thought about it more...Just wanted to say I've meant no disrespect...I know the game as we know it today was originated in England and after having thought about it I think it would have been more fitting to really name the thread "World Football/Soccer"...

None the less I give respect where respect is due...
abbey

Post by abbey »

Soccer/Football, no difference, it's a beautiful game whatever we call it.

No offence taken as far as I can see. :-6
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;988223 wrote: Soccer/Football, no difference, it's a beautiful game whatever we call it.

No offence taken as far as I can see. :-6

Absolutely...

I just know that some may think that by others merely calling the game soccer may be a show of disrespect and I assure anyone such isn't the case...

To be perfectly honest, technically American Football is World Football it just appears very, very different...

Some people do not realize that...

American football is World football as Americans sort of gotten a bit pi**ed off because they couldn't score by kicking the ball so many took the initiative in picking the ball up and running with it, at the same time pi**ing the other players off leading to the player running with the ball being tackled...Hence American football...:wah:...(I do believe this is the story)...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

After Hull City's 2-2 draw against Everton I'd have to say that Hull City has completely stunned the football/soccer world in England...With the exception of a 5-0 slagging Wigan felt obliged to extend to a Hull City side written off by the Premier League's more respected football/soccer analysts, Hull city sits firmly in 7th place within the English Premier League and looks as if the coaches and players themselves haven't had a clue as to why it is they were never given a chance to remain in the Premier League let alone being in the top half of the league after five games...

Hull City looks as if they're ready to claim their right to be labeled a legitimate Premier League side, meanwhile Tottenham Hotspur's season thus far can equally be considered just as surprising...After losing to Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, and Aston Villa, the 11th place Premier League finishers of yesteryear look as if they're starting in the same fashion as they did in the 2007/2008 Premier League season but after a very busy offseason the question is if Tottenham can regain their composure and keep their expectation in not being among those fighting for survival come May...

Newcastle United has become ever the more so desperate following the resignation of Kevin Keegan and the unending protests by disgruntled fans made prominent throughout St. James' Park...After placing Newcastle United up for sale at a much "impractical" £300million Mike Ashley says he is "not stupid and have listened to the fans."...No one at the moment seems ready to meet the expectations of Ashley's price tag of £300million...

On the other end of the spectrum Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed is flashing around his pocket book acquiring Brazilian star Robinho from Real Madrid, Pablo Zabaleta from Espanyol, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Tal Ben Haim from Chelsea and Vincent Kompany from Hamburg...With the exception of losing to Chelsea 3-1 at home and Aston Villa 4-2 in Villa park Man City looks as if they could legitimately contend for the league title...Many Citizens are already chanting "UEFA Cup" for 2009/2010...Man City's recent interests have many English Premier League fans concerned about capitalistic entity dictating the passion of what many feel is an honorable game among commoners...

After losing to Fulham on the 23rd of August, Arsenal leads the Premier League standings after 5 games but the Gunners' lead can be misleading at best...Arsenals only wins have been against West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle, Blackburn, and Bolton...Once leaders Liverpool look to be making a statement after beating the champions of the past two years Manchester United in Anfield and remain tied in points with second place Chelsea who is always expected to make a challenge for the honor of being crowned the best Premier League team every season...

1. Arsenal 2. Chelsea 3. Liverpool 4. Aston Villa 5. Manchester City round out the top five and the only lack of surprise is Manchester United not being among the names mentioned...The match between Fulham and Manchester United that was scheduled for August 30th 2008 had previously been postponed but even a hypothetical win would see Manchester United no higher than 7th place one spot above aforementioned Hull city...

So, another year of the Premier League is under way with the usual surprises but is it safe to say that there are far more shocking surprises than years prior at the same time a number of events that carry a much unpredictable future not only for individual clubs but for the entire Premier League?...

What say ye?...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The Columbus Crew have won the 2008 MLS Cup!

Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!...:wah:...:yh_wink...:yh_kiss...CARSON, Calif. -- The best team during the regular season claimed Major League Soccer's ultimate prize on Sunday, and the league's best player, Guillermo Barros Schelotto, turned in a performance for the ages, as the Columbus Crew earned their first-ever MLS Cup with a 3-1 win against a game New York Red Bulls side in MLS Cup 2008 at The Home Depot Center.

Crew forward Alejandro Moreno opened the scoring in the 31st minute, slotting a tight-angled shot past Red Bulls goalkeeper Danny Cepero. New York equalized early in the second half through John Wolyniec, but Chad Marshall's header from a Schelotto corner kick restored the Crew's lead 87 seconds later. Schelotto then earned his MLS Cup record third assist in the 82nd minute, with his pass allowing Frankie Hejduk to cap the scoring.

Schelotto was named the MLS Cup Most Valuable Player for his record-setting performance, becoming the third player in league history to win league MVP honors as well as in the MLS Cup Final, joining Tony Meola (2000) and Carlos Ruiz (2002).

The match started with New York inviting Columbus to camp out in their half, and the Crew were only too happy to oblige. An attempt to isolate attacker Robbie Rogers on the left wing saw him taken down by Chris Leitch after just four minutes, earning the Red Bulls defender a yellow card.

Shortly thereafter, Rogers had the Crew supporters on their feet when he slotted home a Schelotto free kick. But Rogers was correctly adjudged to have been offside, nullifying the tally.

The Red Bulls then showed their ability to strike quickly on the counter two minutes later when a flowing move involving Wolyniec and Dave van den Bergh resulted in the Dutchman's cross being headed out for a corner by Crew defender Gino Padula.

Van den Bergh's involvement increased from there. Twice in a three-minute span his crosses found Wolyniec in the box, but on neither occasion was the Red Bulls forward able to get a clean shot off. Wolyniec did manage to get his feet set after being set up by Dane Richards, but his shot was well over the bar.

More of New York's play then started to go through Richards. The Jamaican shook loose down the right wing in the 23rd minute, only to see his cross miss everyone. Richards then duplicated his effort the right flank six minutes later, leaving three Crew defenders in his wake. His centering feed found Angel wide open in the box, but the Colombian volleyed just over the bar.

With New York seemingly gaining the upper hand, the Crew gave the Red Bulls a taste of their own counterattacking medicine to break on top in the 31st minute. Schelotto picked van den Bergh's pocket on the right touchline, and his quick pass forward found Moreno isolated against Diego Jimenez.

With seemingly little angle after running at the New York defender, Moreno unleashed a shot from the right side of the area that appeared to catch Cepero a bit out of position, and it just snuck inside the far post, giving the Crew a 1-0 lead.

It marked the first time during this postseason that the Red Bulls had trailed as they allowed their first goal in 206 playoff minutes, and while the half ended with the same score, it wasn't much longer before they pulled level.

A mazy run from Richards in the 51st minute, cutting inside from the right after receiving a ball in space, saw him evade four Columbus defenders, and his clever through ball to Wolyniec allowed the Red Bulls forward to nudge the ball past Hesmer for the equalizer.

But the Red Bulls were barely done celebrating when they found themselves trailing again. Schelotto's inch-perfect corner kick was headed with authority by Marshall, leaving Cepero with no chance. It was the second goal in as many games for the MLS Defender of the Year, both coming off Schelotto services on set pieces, and the 87-second gap between goals was the third shortest in MLS Cup history.

Richards continued to be a menace on the right wing, playing almost as a third forward. In the 63rd minute, his point-blank shot from Kevin Goldthwaite's long throw was well-saved by Hesmer. Six minutes later the New York midfielder drew a foul from Padula that earned the Crew defender a yellow card.

Schelotto then came within inches of making the game safe in the 77th minute. A centering pass from Moreno found the Argentinean playmaker in acres of space at the top of the box, but his curling shot struck the crossbar, and the Red Bulls were still alive.

With 12 minutes remaining, New York head coach Juan Carlos Osorio tried to turn the match around, bringing in Jorge Rojas for Luke Sassano. But it was Columbus who stepped up their game, and once again it was Schelotto at the heart of the action.

With the reigning MVP apparently bottled up at the top of the box, his deft chip over the top of the New York defense found Hejduk in stride, and his looping header over the onrushing Cepero made the score 3-1, clinching matters for the Crew.

All that was left was to give Schelotto his due, and that came in stoppage time when his substitution was met with rapturous applause by the Crew faithful. That roar was exceeded only at the final whistle, when the yellow-clad Columbus fans massed at the north end of the stadium could officially celebrate their first league championship.

Jeff Carlisle is a contributor to MLSnet.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Soccer or its clubs. http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp ... &fext=.jsp
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Friedel honoured with Barclays Merit award

Brad Friedel has been honoured by Barclays after breaking the record for consecutive Premier League matches.

Aston Villa's American goalkeeper was presented with a Merit Award by the Premier League's sponsor after surpassing David James' milestone to reach 167 consecutive Barclays Premier League appearances in last Saturday's match against Fulham.

The run started on the opening day of the 2004/05 season when his Blackburn Rovers side entertained West Bromwich Albion at Ewood Park.

record appearances

Friedel did not miss a Barclays Premier League encounter between the beginning of the 2004/05 season to the end of the 2007/08 season for Blackburn Rovers, before transferring to Aston Villa in July 2008 where the 37-year-old has added to his tally by making a further 13 straight appearances.

Brad Friedel will look to add to his record appearance haul when Aston Villa travel to Everton on Sunday in their Barclays Premier League encounter.

Record for consecutive Barclays Premier League appearances:

Brad Friedel - 167* ( 14 August 2004 - 30 November 2008)

David James - 166 (17 January 2004 - 20 April 2008)

Frank Lampard - 164 (13 October 2001 - 28 December 2005) Premier League football news from the Barclays Premier League Friedel honoured with Barclays Merit award

And you think the sport isn't growing in America!...Shame on you!!!!...TST TST TST!!!!!!...:wah:...

:yh_kiss...<----for the ladies...:yh_rotfl...:wah:...

:yh_kiss...:rolleyes:...Hehe...:yh_giggles...

:yh_tired:yh_sigh <-----Ok, I'm hopeless...:wah: :yh_rotfl...

:yh_kiss...:rolleyes:...:yh_giggles...:yh_devil...:wah:...

:yh_kiss :rolleyes:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok, I'm off to my 6 year old nephew's birthday party...

Fulham have tied Man city at home...

Good luck to the rest of you...

I'll be interested to see the Everton vs Aston Villa game tomorrow...Considering both of our(USA) top starting goalkeepers will be "minding the net"!!!!!!!...

Good luck...

And an open congrats to Galbally and Aston Villa from not getting the tar beat out of them by the best team in the English Premier League over yester weekend. That was an AMAZING feat! :wah: :yh_rotfl...Hehe...:yh_giggles...

Good luck to all!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Just a reminder to everyone that you can go to MyP2P.eu :: Free Live Sports on your PC, Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL and more... to catch alot of sports games and especially if you're an American like me and love the game of soccer/football then this site is a Godsend!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't even get coverage of our USA national teams over here so it can be frustrating at times!!!!!!!!!!

MyP2P.eu :: Free Live Sports on your PC, Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL and more...
KSnyder

Post by KSnyder »

Well the last we met Fulham were on their way to qualifying for the first ever Europa League, technically speaking, and they'd done just that! Fulham travel to Rome in their next fixture of the Europa League and have recently defeated Liverpool quite convincingly might I suggest!

BTW any Liverpool fans out there?

None the less I know Fulham beat out Jimbos Tottenham for that Europa League spot and considering :-3 I don't see Jimbo on I thought I'd mention it! :-3 ... :-2

But all in all the season is well underway and I'm currently listening to the Man U v Blackburn game at the moment! Man U 0 Blackburn 0 51st

What say ye?

PS: The USA has qualified for World Cup South Africa 2010 along with England so I'm quite sure many are pleased! It's always nice to qualify for any World Cup! :yh_wink

The USA's qualifying for the World Cup is overshadowed by the saddening news of Charlie Davies.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 13, 2009) – U.S. National Soccer Team forward Charlie Davies is in stable condition following injuries sustained in a one-car accident on the George Washington Parkway early Tuesday morning in Northern Virginia. There was one fatality in the accident.

Davies is currently undergoing surgery at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. U.S. Soccer will release additional information when it becomes available.

"Obviously, as a team we were saddened to learn this news," said U.S. Men's National Team head coach Bob Bradley. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Charlie and his family, as well as the people in the car and the families of the others involved. As a team, we are relying on each other in a moment that has for sure hit us all hard."

Davies is in Washington, D.C., with the U.S. National Team as the squad prepares for its final 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, taking place tomorrow against Costa Rica at RFK Stadium.

Davies, who has played 17 matches for the USA while scoring four goals, started and played 78 minutes in the USA’s 3-2 victory over Honduras in San Pedro Sula last Saturday that clinched a berth for the United States to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Natio ... ement.aspx
KSnyder

Post by KSnyder »

Man U up 1-0 Berbatov 56'
abbey

Post by abbey »

Man utd 2 Blackburn 0 :D
KSnyder

Post by KSnyder »

abbey;1257879 wrote: Man utd 2 Blackburn 0 :D

HI ABBEY WABBEY!!!!!!!!!!

:yh_winks!!!!!!!!

:yh_kisses!!!!!!!!

:wah:

:yh_kisses!!!!!!!!!

:yh_winks!!!!!!!!

:yh_kisses!!!!!!!!!
KSnyder

Post by KSnyder »

English Premier League match highlights!

eplmatches.com - English Premier League Highlights | Latest Football Highlights

Fulham 3-1 Liverpool Highlights!

http://www.eplmatches.com/2009/10/31/fu ... hlights-2/
abbey

Post by abbey »

Hiya K, good to see your team beat the scousers today! :yh_rotfl
KSnyder

Post by KSnyder »

abbey;1257910 wrote: Hiya K, good to see your team beat the scousers today! :yh_rotfl

Yes actually I'm enthralled by the way Fulham have played over the course of the last two years!

Perhaps it's because we'd escaped relegation by the skim of our teeth but anyone that knows soccer/football knows that Fulham are a very good team for the most part!

:thinking: But yes!,..tis always nice to beat the scousers!
Barman

Post by Barman »

Nice to see you back Mr Snyder, nice to see Fulham beat them scouse gits also.:D

United drew tonight , 3-3 with Moscow, good enough i reckon. Saving the best players for Chelsea on Sunday.:yh_pray

Be nice if them scousers get stuffed tomorrow night.:D
abbey

Post by abbey »

Barman;1258967 wrote: Nice to see you back Mr Snyder, nice to see Fulham beat them scouse gits also.:D

United drew tonight , 3-3 with Moscow, good enough i reckon. Saving the best players for Chelsea on Sunday.:yh_pray

Be nice if them scousers get stuffed tomorrow night.:DWell if the defence is anything like tonight's we're up the sodding creek!

I cant believe I sat through the entire game full of a cold, I wish I hadn't bothered!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Barman;1258967 wrote: Nice to see you back Mr Snyder, nice to see Fulham beat them scouse gits also.:D

Be nice if them scousers get stuffed tomorrow night.:D

Well hello there Barman it's always nice to see people with genuine smiles! Too bad you like Manure though! :yh_rotfl

Nah, I have respect for good teams!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

By John Ley

Published: 9:04PM BST 01 Oct 2009

So far this season, there have been 196 goals – an average of almost three a game – while only four of the 66 games have been drawn, fewer than the five in last weekend's Serie A games. And, significantly, there have been just four red cards, while at this stage of the campaign last season 10 players had seen red in the Premier League – John Terry's dismissal was later rescinded.

Premier League red cards on the slide - Telegraph

Would Red-card record for Premier League

The red mist descended on the Premier League this weekend, with Saturday's tally of eight sendings-off setting a new record.

Red-card record for Premier League | Latest News | Football News from TEAMtalk be coincidental of the former or to the contrary?

I assume The:yh_wink English Premier League wanted to crack down on wrecklace tackles?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Europa League

Fulham! 1 - 0 Roma Kamara '19 (PK)

Half Time

Aggregate

Fulham 2 - 1 Roma
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

K.Snyder;1259342 wrote: Would be coincidental of the former or to the contrary?

I assume The:yh_wink English Premier League wanted to crack down on wrecklace tackles?

You always have to factor in a couple of dubious decisions by the ref. They often come up with those. At least 3 at the weekend.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Snowfire;1259573 wrote: You always have to factor in a couple of dubious decisions by the ref. They often come up with those. At least 3 at the weekend.

:yh_wait! :wah: :yh_wink

Way to go Nevland, you cost Fulham a win in the Europa League! Now go get better

Fulham! 1 - 2 Roma

Wasn't an aggregate I believe I'm used to,..well,..America!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Chelsea are 5 points atop the table even though Arsenal are a game behind. I can't see Arsenal winning The League:yh_wink. Any one else think this is Chelsea's year?

Liverpool seem to be struggling more than I'm used to that's for sure.

Tottenham have finally been able to begin the season on winning notes and Fulham,..well,..Fulham is Fulham of the past two years,..scrappy with a desire to win and a solid defense,..how could anyone not adore me Fulham!?!??!?:yh_wink :wah:

Everton have lost their juice, and Burnley,..well,..I haven't watched Burnley play but wow I'm assuming they have heart with skill to back it up.

Portsmouth are doomed, I'm sorry, I'm amazed they hadn't dropped last year and Hull will follow I believe.

Here are my predictions just for a bit of fun(Also to be coincidentally correct and look AMAZING:wah: :sneaky: :yh_wink)...

1. Chelsea

2. Man U

3. Arsenal

4. Man City

5. Liverpool

6. Aston Villa

7. Tottenham

8. Fulham:yh_wink

9. Everton

10. Sunderland

11. Wigan

12. Stoke

13. West Ham

14. Birmingham

15. Burnley

16. Bolton

17. Blackburn

18. Wolves

19. Hull

20. Portsmouth
abbey

Post by abbey »

:thinking: Interesting, but I think you have #1 and #2 in the wrong order! :wah:
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;1260920 wrote: :thinking: Interesting, but I think you have #1 and #2 in the wrong order! :wah:

:yh_wait...

I thought I'd siipice it up a bit! :wah: :yh_wink
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

abbey;1260920 wrote: :thinking: Interesting, but I think you have #1 and #2 in the wrong order! :wah:

Yeah course you do :yh_rotfl

Actually I think its a pretty good prediction

Arsenal are looking very very good (he says through gritted teeth) I'm not sure Man City will finish in the top 4. Their defence is very suspect. They leak a lot of goals.They'll struggle against the big boys. Tottenham may creep in the top 4 or maybe Aston Villa. I think Hull will survive

Will it continue to go wrong for Benitez ? They are at home against the Bluenose tonight but their nerves must be jangling
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “Wide World of Sports”