I just received the most iinteresting private message....

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

And I quote

"Nomad wrote: Your a pig. I mean that.

jAnd here is my response....

+++++++++++ Thiis demonstrates one of the reasons I don't particularly enjoy you. I'm sorry you feel the need to insult me.

And I'm sorry you feel the need to insult others.

You WILL reap the karmic results of your own behavior.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Lulu- grow up. Just send the damn thing to HQ if you must but nobody cares. NOBODY CARES. Post some thing worth our time.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Thanks so much for your understanding, Glitter. I hope it never happens to you.

Somehow, I expect that anyone who posts here would be highly offended by being called a "pig."

Wouldn't you?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Yes, I think it is....although everyone knows I'm an "animal person, " I somehow doubt this is a compliment....especially when the enitre thread consists of that one statement.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Lulu2;503720 wrote:

Somehow, I expect that anyone who posts here would be highly offended by being called a "pig."

Wouldn't you?

I take it you've never asked this question outside of a strip club...

But then again, I suppose that comes down to personal perception as opposed to sheer experience...
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

And perhaps it would be funny if YOU called yourself a pig? Or if, knowing you well and seeing you snort or eat heartily, I called you a pig?

That's not the case here.

Am I missing something? Would YOU have used this word to apply to me in an unsolicted private message, Floppy?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

LULU2 I agree not a very nice thing to call anyone every..:( I'm sorry you received this in a PM, send it to TS for review. This place is going to hell in a hand basket.. :-1 I hate the ugly turns that have taken place.:mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Thanks, Carla...it's nice to know that some posters here have the manners their mother taught them! My mother would slap my face (figuratively) for a comment like this one!
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

flopstock;503740 wrote: Well, for me it's not so much that I'm an animal lover as it is my tendency to snort appallingly loud when I get to laughing. What's worse is that the more I try to control it the worse it gets... then I get the hiccups..and it's all downhill from there.:D

It's true. I've seen it. LOL!

As for what someone sent you in a private message - why would you post it on the open forum? With all of the hurt feelings, bickering and what not that has been going on - why post this for everyone to see? If you have a problem with someone, put them on ignore. Then they can't send you pm's and you don't have to see what they have posted.

I belong to 6 different forums and I would be SHOCKED if everyone on every one of them liked me. And I have gotten my fair share of nasty pm's. Not once have I felt the need to post one on the open forum to stir up trouble.
Sandi

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Well, LD...I posted it because I was shocked at the venom expressed in it...and thought that anyone else who posts here might be interested in the general nastiness it conveys....especially since it's a big surprise.

How would YOU feel, if you received it?
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I see...so youtr advice is to just ignore this?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks Lilac. There's only one reason anyone posts a PM on the board and that's so all their buddies will come running and rake the "bad guy" over the coals. I received a nastygram yesterday but I saw no need to reply to or even acknowledge it. That person has a personal problem with me and I consider her to be garbage, so what do I care what she thinks of me? You've been all around the world Lulu, surely you're sophisticated enough to make like a duck and let it roll off?

I can't believe I pay to be here. :thinking:
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Thanks so much for your opinion, Glitter. Again...I hope it never happens to you.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Uh Lulu? I think I just finished saying it did, didn't I?
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I see...so your advice is to rise above the infantile insults?

Works for me.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Lulu2;503755 wrote: Well, LD...I posted it because I was shocked at the venom expressed in it...and thought that anyone else who posts here might be interested in the general nastiness it conveys....especially since it's a big surprise.

How would YOU feel, if you received it?

Honestly - I would probably laugh myself right out of my chair.

As for nastiness, I have to agree with Floppy there. Having been a member for going on a year and I am fairly certain that if Nomad had wanted to be nasty - his verbal repetiore is MUCH larger and more creative.

While I can understand your being "shocked at the venom", I must say I would have pm'ed him back and ask him about instead of posting it and making it a bigger thing then it probably was.
Sandi

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Lulu2;503767 wrote: I see...so your advice is to rise above the infantile insults?

Works for me.

So sorry, Glitter...didn't mean to seemingly ignore your imperatives.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Lulu2;503767 wrote: I see...so your advice is to rise above the infantile insults?

Works for me.

I think that's what we're saying, unless you would want to respond and be infantile yourself.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Why, thanks so much for your considered advice!
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Well, honey - what do you want us to say? There must be half a dozen current threads about the nastiness and negative attitude that has been prevalent on the forum lately.

You want us all to lynch Nomad? It seems to me that his name gets tossed around plenty without your pm to add fuel to whoever's fire.

I guess I have a real hard time with someone's compulsion to post the contents of a pm.
Sandi

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Guess what, Glitter...I know this is nonsense...just wanted people to see the kind of trash being thrown around behind the scenes by someone on the board to another member of the board..

Charming.

OBVIOUSLY it doesn't impact any self-image, etc. It's only interesting.

What do I expect people to do here? Just note and remember. That's all.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Lulu, it's not charming and it's certainly not interesting. Take a look around you. There is sh*t all over this place. Everybody is in each other's hair. Your PM is no different from the crap that is happening "in" the scenes. Those of us who would like to get away from this junk and come here and have a good time can't because of people -including you now- who keep inundating us with more garbage. I thought you were better than that. I was called worse in grade school. If someone else cannot be an adult then you must try to be. Why don't you go start a thread of something worth talking about and I will happily follow you there? Maybe others will too.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Interesting...I hadn't realized so many nasty private messages were being circulated. So many of you are telling me to shut up and let it go.

Since I've never sent a private message with anywhere NEAR this level of disrespect, I was aghast....silly me! Guess I've been living in another world?

OK...I'll consider the source...shut up and let it go.

However, I hope that those of you who are equally naive will read this thread and pay attention to the lack of surprise and the lack of concern over the content. You should know that, to my best recollection, I've never exchanged private messages with the author of this one. It came "out of the blue," so to speak.

Bear that in mind and open YOUR private messages accordingly.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

LULU

Was there other correspondence before that comment?

Why I ask - I agree with Flop - if someone is mad the word pig wouldn't be what I'd say. Could you be misunderstanding this?

Pig is just not in the mad vocabulary - if I was pissed at you I'd call you a B----.

See feel better now.?

Patsy
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Lulu, I don't even know you but your being a bit dramatic about the whole thing and seem disappointed that no one else is getting dramatic with you.

I hope you find what your looking for.....

Dev.....surfing on.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
abbey

Post by abbey »

If Nomad did pm you that you are a pig then i have to say how dissapointed i am in him.

But he kept it off the board,

i've seen gardeners post much worse to each other and it causes WW3!

I'm not condoning what he said lulu, but did you have his permission to post his pm to you?
Bez

Post by Bez »

Lulu...I'm sorry you've been upset but I don't think it's useful to post PMs publicly.

Try and sort this out with Nomad....every problem has a solution and it usually means communicating.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
koan

Post by koan »

2007 is the year of the pig. :cool:

Is this a thread about astrology? My daughter is a pig. She just informed me. I didn't know that until just now.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I got one from Nomad too, Lulu, and mine was much worse than that. And I used to like him a lot. Thought he was a nice bloke, a bit strange at times, but interesting and caring. In fact, he was one of the people I was initially delighted to have found. He went away for a while. I was one of the people clamoring to get him to come back, and he did, but he came back changed. Soured and paranoid. I don't know why. I hope he finds his peace.

My comment in SnoozeControl's breast-beating thread was to Spot - who I also originally admired. He taunted Snooze in the second or third post of having no friends, and then said her thread was just another one of many 'goodbye, you'll be sorry, tell me you love me', type threads. I often don't agree with Snooze, but I thought she deserved better.

I don't need this now. 2006 has been a tough year. I have been coming in here to relax and unwind. It's not working for me. And now I believe even BabyRider has left. That's a pity.

As far as I'm concerned, I've done nothing to merit being an object of such ongoing nastiness. I was only a member of the private 'gossip group' Nomad so viciously hated in its last days and I didn't and still don't see eye to eye with many of the past members of that on a lot of things. We were individuals with different opinions. There was never any 'gang', as such. This was a verbal creation of Spot's.

I called Nomad out only in one thread, when he was claiming a monopoly on decency and at the same time had just posted insulting filth to my Italian friend. He apologised for that, and Accadue accepted his explanation and apology. End of story.

I don't do venom, and I don't do all the other horrible stuff Nomad's accused me of. But nor do I stay around to participate in an ongoing common brawl.

Floppy - I'm sorry your vision has somehow got skewed. You used to be one of the people who were even handed.

Red Glitter - Please try and get to Tuscany. Travel a bit. See the world.

Lulu - you're a really nice person, intelligent and kind.

Theia - Love you!!! Really...

Koan - I never had any problems with you. I carry none of the baggage some apparently had. I always liked you, find you interesting. Sorry I couldn't get to know you better.

Spot - You were one of the first people I met here, that engaged my brain. But I don't like you. And it's from what you said about Six, not about any ongoing feud you have with LC.

Galbally - Make more of that fine music!!! HUGS!!

Chonsi, Cher, lots of other fine people - the goodies will win!!!

BabyRider - loved you to bits

Pinky - you too.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'm sorrry I omitted you Diuretic, and lots of other fine people too.. Cars.. you. Unk. Forgive me for forgetting some of you, I'm upset.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

koan

Post by koan »

I erased my profile for about a year.

I am glad I didn't delete my account.

Anyone who needs a break should do just that. As an aside - when I left I didn't tell anyone. That's how you know when someone is serious. They just go. It's amazing how much you miss the place after awhile. Even with all the crap I've gotten here over the years, I still enjoy being here.

Tombstone: You've got a great place here. :-6
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Glad you pointed that out, Koan. Sometimes when this stuff happens I feel bad for Tombstone. LIke the groups. He was looking forward to having those and they all went to hell in a handbasket. I lost my cool recently while being baited by a "popular" member but not again. It's like 8th grade all over again and it's really transparent.
koan

Post by koan »

Popular is a state of mind. My kid loves me. :)
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:)...
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Reckon Nomad would send me a super nasty PM if I beg? I'm talking NASTY. The nastier the better. I LOVE nasty.

Nomad, hook me up would ya?
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
koan

Post by koan »

Diuretic;503970 wrote: My dog loves me.

My cat tolerates me (damn unrequited love)...:D
Cats :rolleyes:

devist8me;503973 wrote: Reckon Nomad would send me a super nasty PM if I beg? I'm talking NASTY. The nastier the better. I LOVE nasty.

Nomad, hook me up would ya?

Maybe Tombstone could set up request access area called "Talk Dirty To Me"

I'm in!!! :wah:

Gnomie - you've got clients waiting
spot

Post by spot »