Urgently need crossed fingers and luck!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Raven

Post by Raven »

I just received two rejection letters from the university I applied to!

But it was for the two regular nursing programs.

I am still pending on the post grad accelerated programs. In an upside down way, I hope that means I qualify for their post grad programs!

Now I am nervous!! It's so complicated here in Britain! I have US qualifications, but I dont know how they translate into english ones! LOL! (pardon the pun!) I really want to go to this school! It has got to be one of the best in Britain! It's old. REALLY old! And it's got the most awesome of reputations! It will absolutely break my heart if I dont get to go! :-1

Oh please cross your fingers for me! I could use a bit of extra luck now!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

Good luck and best wishes!!! :-6
Bez

Post by Bez »

I've got EVERYTHING crossed and I wish you well as always. :-4

Do you know why you were rejected ???

xxx
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Raven

Post by Raven »

No. But since I couldnt find anyone who could guide me as to wich program to apply to, I applied to 4. Two pediatric and two adult. The ones I got rejected for were the basic programs in peds and adults. The two that are still pending are the accelerated peds and adults for post grads. I am just hoping that means that I qualify with my current college diploma and credentials. If not, I have another big fat rejection coming my way!:(
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Good luck - i hope it works out for you.:)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
theia

Post by theia »

Crossed fingers and good luck, Raven, you deserve to be successful :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Hiya Raven :)

Best of luck to you -- Buster is crossing his paws for you, too! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Raven

Post by Raven »

Oh thanks you guys! It's St. Bartholomews school of nursing I have applied to. Since I'm here, may as well get my english qualifications, yeah? But since I am already a Respiratory therapist, I thought getting a placement in London chest would be fantastic! Gosh I hope this works out!
theia

Post by theia »

Fingers crossed and best of luck, Raven...you deserve to be successful :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Raven;490148 wrote: Oh thanks you guys! It's St. Bartholomews school of nursing I have applied to. Since I'm here, may as well get my english qualifications, yeah? But since I am already a Respiratory therapist, I thought getting a placement in London chest would be fantastic! Gosh I hope this works out!

Don't you worry it will work out for you, gotta have faith!! :-6 :)
Raven

Post by Raven »

Funny enough, I thought the rejections would be for the other two. The post grad ones. I tell you, vogons are a mystery! I just saw the fine print! I am competing for 36 places for adults, and just 6 places for pediatrics! GOSH!! :-3
Raven

Post by Raven »

Wendybird;490178 wrote: Wow Raven St Barts is an excellent place!

I have everything crossed for you :-6

(do you realise how difficult it is to type with crossed fingers? And don't get me started on the crossed legs and walking down the stairs! ;) )

Best wishes and hope coming your way babes! :-4
Oh I want to go there soooooooooo BADLY!! I have talked to the head of the post grad pediatric program on the phone. Oh I hope it was enough!!!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Raven;490184 wrote: Oh I want to go there soooooooooo BADLY!! I have talked to the head of the post grad pediatric program on the phone. Oh I hope it was enough!!! OK, you've found out that you are over-qualified for the lesser posts. That just suggests that you're suited for the higher posts :) Bart's is a great choice and I have every confidence you'll get the post you want - luck should not come into it but I'm sending it anyway. Keep us informed, we're all on tenterhooks now
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Hoping things turn out JUST the way you're wishing they will!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
guppy

Post by guppy »

guppy's fins are crossed. good luck and best wishes....hope you get in raven.......:-6
Raven

Post by Raven »

Bryn Mawr;490243 wrote: OK, you've found out that you are over-qualified for the lesser posts. That just suggests that you're suited for the higher posts :) Bart's is a great choice and I have every confidence you'll get the post you want - luck should not come into it but I'm sending it anyway. Keep us informed, we're all on tenterhooks now
Thats what I am hoping it means! It is such a cool place! And the education I would receive there would be FABULOUS!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Raven I am probably one of the most UNlucky people you will ever meet, so I hope to God this doesn't backfire, but any I do have, I am sending your way.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Raven

Post by Raven »

Thanks BR! LOL! I have a feeling your luck is about to change! After all, it cant rain forever!:-6
Colette

Post by Colette »

Raven;490100 wrote: I just received two rejection letters from the university I applied to!

But it was for the two regular nursing programs.

I am still pending on the post grad accelerated programs. In an upside down way, I hope that means I qualify for their post grad programs!

Now I am nervous!! It's so complicated here in Britain! I have US qualifications, but I dont know how they translate into english ones! LOL! (pardon the pun!) I really want to go to this school! It has got to be one of the best in Britain! It's old. REALLY old! And it's got the most awesome of reputations! It will absolutely break my heart if I dont get to go! :-1

Oh please cross your fingers for me! I could use a bit of extra luck now!

GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! It's gonna be alright.

Post by 911 »

Best of luck to you. I know you'll do fine. I'm not real informed in nursing schools, but what are you goinf for? An RN or specialized nursing of some kind? Here in the states what is real popular and lacking in personnel is Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Therapy. You can just about name your own price in those specialities. Everything is crossed for you. (I tried crossing my eyes but I had too many typos!)

Bryn Mawr;490243 wrote: Keep us informed, we're all on tenterhooks now

What a tenterhook, Bryn? I try my best to learn all the words you guys use. Thanks!
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Best of luck to you, Raven. They will surely want you in the hgiher level programs there, with your qualifications!:)

Thinking good thoughts for you!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

911;490422 wrote:

What a tenterhook, Bryn? I try my best to learn all the words you guys use. Thanks!

Being on tenterhook, is basically being anxious about something.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

:-4 GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Best of luck! I'm halfway through applying to masters courses at the moment too so I know the feeling! Hope it all works out ;)

Post by 911 »

chrisb84uk;490446 wrote: Being on tenterhook, is basically being anxious about something.

Thank you. I now have another wrinkle in my brain! :D
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

chrisb84uk;490446 wrote: Being on tenterhook, is basically being anxious about something.

Thanks Chris - I took a bit of a timeout there.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Bryn Mawr;490465 wrote: Thanks Chris - I took a bit of a timeout there.

No problem. :)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Ill cross my fingers but if I have to write or something Ill need to uncross them.

Will this affect your mojo ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Diuretic;491809 wrote: I've got my eyes crossed for you Raven - but can I uncross them? The monitor is all weird and wobbly now.

So I'll simply wish you the best for your application, I hope it works out. Barts must be a teaching hospital. Is it affiliated with the University of London?

Try :-

http://www.bartsandthelondon.org.uk/abo ... hcheck.asp

and

http://www.bartsandthelondon.org.uk/abo ... istory.asp

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”