Nfl 2006

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;498197 wrote: I'd like to go to the superbowl, eat hotdogs & wave one of those big foam finger things about :D

So your saying you would like to go to the Superbowl and hold my hand?...:)

I'm ecstatically happy.
Philadelphia Eagle

Nfl 2006

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

.................and watch as the Eagles win it !!
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Omg!

Cincinnati losing to Indianapolis and Denver puting them at 8-7, while other teams in the AFC looked to have a firm grip on making it ahead of the Bengals into the playoffs this year, made it seem as if Cincinnati didn't have a chance in making it to the playoffs in '06, right? Wrong!

Heading into week 17, Cincinnati needed either a win and a jets loss, or a win and a Denver loss to San Fransisco as well as a Kansas city win...

The Jets won earlier in the day while Cincy was heading into overtime against Pittsburgh due to a relatively short game winning field goal being missed...If it wasn't bad enough the long snapper botched the snap the week before to send Cincinnati and Denver into overtime, one of the most accurate field goal kickers in Shayne Graham missed what was about a 38 yard field goal that would have given Cincinnati the win against Pittsburgh, instead they go into overtime, and Pittsburgh ends up winning. Meanwhile, Denver lossed to San Fransisco and Kansas City won...

What a joke...

A joke of all years...

This year will in no doubt go down as the unluckiest of years for Cincinnati, as well as the worst in being able to capitalize...Not to mention the two games earlier in the season that cost the Bengals a 10-6 season and an inevitable playoff spot, due to bad calls...

Oh well, I guess,...They need to really look back on this season and fix all of the amateur mistakes, that's preventing them from being a contending team people are hesitant to play. 2007 draft will be the only bright side of the 2006 season for the Cincinnati Bengals...Champions don't make mistakes like that...
chonsigirl

Nfl 2006

Post by chonsigirl »

Ravens..................:)
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl;503199 wrote: Ravens..................:)

Oh Chonsi....

You are a doll...

but I hate! the Ravens. :wah:
chonsigirl

Nfl 2006

Post by chonsigirl »

:)

Gotta' love 'em!

Always gotta love you! You are football personified, with all your knowledge of the sport.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl;503217 wrote: :)

Gotta' love 'em!

Always gotta love you! You are football personified, with all your knowledge of the sport.

I call it,..observation. :wah:
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;498558 wrote: So your saying you would like to go to the Superbowl and hold my hand?...:)

I'm ecstatically happy.

Aww :D

What team would we be supporting?
chonsigirl

Nfl 2006

Post by chonsigirl »

You watch it more than me, but so does my husband.

He was happy with a Penn State win yesterday, I was happy with USC. But that is college football, which I think is the most fun.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl;503227 wrote: You watch it more than me, but so does my husband.

He was happy with a Penn State win yesterday, I was happy with USC. But that is college football, which I think is the most fun.

Yeah, I wanted to watch the Michigan game, but I was out at a New Years party the night before, and I am usually extremely unmotivated on nights after I drink...That, and I think I went to sleep about the same time it came on because we were out all night,..

Was out until about 4am, and may have stayed longer if there wasn't an altercation...I went to one of my brothers friends houses, and I suppose a couple of people that were there got into an altercation...I was looking for my brother to get the heck out of there, but then I remembered we weren't in the city anymore...I'm used to partying in the city, and whenever there is any type of altercation, the cops are there within 15 minutes...I don't need that crap...I have enough trouble of my own...

Can't even go to a little New Years party without something happening...
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503226 wrote: Aww :D

What team would we be supporting?

Does it matter?

I would be supporting you...

We could then just happen to look in the general direction of people whom just happen to be playing football. ;) :wah: :yh_kiss
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;503238 wrote: Does it matter?

I would be supporting you...

We could then just happen to look in the general direction of people whom just happen to be playing football. ;) :wah: :yh_kiss

Now if i wasent getting married thats just the kinda smooth talk a girl falls for :wah:

I believe i read somewhere you were into stock cars, similar to UK stocks? any interest in bangers?
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503260 wrote: Now if i wasent getting married thats just the kinda smooth talk a girl falls for :wah:

I believe i read somewhere you were into stock cars, similar to UK stocks? any interest in bangers?

Now that's the kind of dirty talk us guys like. :wah:

jk...

We race stock cars around Ohio and Indiana,..I'm sorry, I don't exactly know what a UK stock car is, or a banger...I have seen some rally cars over there, and if that is what you are referring to, then I'm afraid they couldn't be more different...Well, you will find that when we race on road courses, they might be similar to that of rally cars, but only very little...We don't race on dirt road courses, but for the most part, we race on circle tracks...(asphalt- My father used to race on dirt back when he was younger in ARCA, but it was a circle as well).

I can post you some pics, and you can tell me if they are similar...

(The first one on the bottem is my car, and the roll cages give you an idea of whats inside them - and when racing on circle tracks the suspension technology has to be altered significantly in conjunction to the track itself -- degree of banking, angle of turn type of track etc. etc.)

Attached files
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

http://www.racewall.co.uk/Racewall06/07/

Should maybe take this out your NFL thread :D ;)
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503287 wrote: http://www.racewall.co.uk/Racewall06/07/

Should maybe take this out your NFL thread :D ;)

That's ok,..if they don't like it, they can ignore it :p jk

We have a new class of cars that are exactly like those...we call them compacts...
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

This is what rollcages are for...

This is of a guy my brother and father know, and my brother has done alot of work on it, because the guy wanted my brother to work on it after he seen my father break the 50 year old track record two years ago...My brother had alot of credit to do with that. He walked away unharmed.

Attached files
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

I have to do a bit of searching to get some pics to you K, working on it ;)
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

2 of my much loved & respected friend Alan's cars 2005/2006 season ;)

K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503309 wrote: 2 of my much loved & respected friend Alan's cars 2005/2006 season ;)

Yeah, the tracks around here recently started racing cars like that a couple of years ago...mainly to let the fans get involved because it was affordable...Racing is extremely expensive...they have something like 40 of them every week, only it seems you guys like to crash them up more than you like to race them. :wah:
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

Well the intent is actually to race but with so many assholes :rolleyes: :wah:

banger racing is very popular here, just as much dedication & time required, not as much money granted as you spend but still an expensive sport / hobby ;) its great fun for the drivers & spectators, especially on demolition derby days :-4
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

These are what we call compacts...they look to be about exactly the same.

Attached files
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

Good god, do they still have windscreens? :eek:
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503325 wrote: Good god, do they still have windscreens? :eek:

yeah, its mandatory for them to have windsheilds...
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

Makes no sence :-3
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

We race school buses too. :wah:

Attached files
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

Never seen a bus yet but we have caravans for fun at demolition derbys.

K your going to have to explain to me why leaving widscreens/windshields in is mandatory, that just seems nuts to me & a whole lot of mess to clear up :thinking:
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503351 wrote: Never seen a bus yet but we have caravans for fun at demolition derbys.

K your going to have to explain to me why leaving widscreens/windshields in is mandatory, that just seems nuts to me & a whole lot of mess to clear up :thinking:

Oh no, I'm sorry I should have clarified that...

The windsheilds have to be fiberglass, not the regular stock windsheilds you see in street cars...They are flexible, and rarely break...
buttercup

Nfl 2006

Post by buttercup »

Phew - relief :wah:

including fibreglass makes for more expense, why not just do without? its getting trashed anyway, or is that just totally canny scottish thinking :wah:
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;503362 wrote: Phew - relief :wah:

including fibreglass makes for more expense, why not just do without? its getting trashed anyway, or is that just totally canny scottish thinking :wah:

:yh_bigsmi

Actually the fiberglass windshields are very sturdy, and normally bend more so than anything else...if enough force is applied the least it would do is crack, and even then you could still see out of it...but as far as relevancy I couldn't really say why the decision to incorporate the windshield into those particular classes rules was made...in all actuality the windshield wouldn't make a difference in the performance of the car itself...probably just a safety precaution more than anything else adjacent to the fact that kids around 12-15 years of age race in that class as well...wouldn't want a law suit. :wah:
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Brady Quin might as well go ahead and put an Oakland Raiders jersey on...

AS if he will go anywhere else,..especially with Oaklands defense being the last of their worries...

Look for Brady Quin and Randy Moss to try and get that team rolling on offense...their passing defense was the best in the league I do believe...I will have to recheck that, but if they weren't they were still pretty good.

But Oakland needs all of the help they can get, because they are just terribad.
Adam Zapple

Nfl 2006

Post by Adam Zapple »

So why would they want Brady Quinn? He has shown nothing against good competition. He certainly didn't demonstrate that the belong at the Heisman ceremony with his performance at the Sugar Bowl. But I hope they do take him with the first pick.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Adam Zapple;505687 wrote: So why would they want Brady Quinn? He has shown nothing against good competition. He certainly didn't demonstrate that the belong at the Heisman ceremony with his performance at the Sugar Bowl. But I hope they do take him with the first pick.

I don't see Troy Smith being a spectacular quarterback in the NFL, and as for any other quarterback heading into the draft this year, they will undoubtedly go behind one of those two...

Oakland's defense was ranked 3rd overall in overall yards allowed on defense and 1st overall in passing yards on defense, so it's safe to say, anyone with any brains in that organization won't use their first choice in the NFL draft on a defensive player. They have been plagued with quarterback problems all of last year, and Aaron Brooks is not their answer...they need a quarterback and they need one now...

Brady Quinn has been under the spotlight as one of the premiere quarterbacks in college football along side Troy Smith, and we all know popularity pulls it's fair share of weight in professional sports...

Brady Quinn will have the Oakland Raiders jersey on come April.
Adam Zapple

Nfl 2006

Post by Adam Zapple »

You're assuming that Al Davis will do the sensible thing by selecting a QB. That's certainly no given with that guy. But even if he does, let me throw out two more names - Brohm and Russell. If he had played at any other school, Quinn wouldn't be getting the hype he has so far enjoyed.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Al Davis and sensible shouldn't even be in the same sentence,..but I will give the man credit for integrity...He doesn't want to be associated as being just another dog-eat-dog franchise hiring and firing people that doesn't perform...but as you said it's not sensible.

But as for Russell and Brohm, they are juniors and I didn't expect them to go pro,..but then again, when you have millions waving in your face I can see why.

I suppose it depends on what kind of style the Raiders choose to go with in their quarterback...

They already have a number one receiver in Randy Moss, and a seasoned veteran with Jerry Porter so that leaves the question of either a QB or a RB...With the number of pretty solid looking prospects in quarterbacks this year, and while no RB has seemed to solidify themselves from the rest of the pack, I would assume very much so that Oakland would like to go with a QB...especially because Aaron Brooks is just not that good in my opinion, and I don't even know who that other guy is.

It will be interesting to see who they go with, but if I were to put money on it, I would be looking at the odds given to Brady Quinn more than anyone else.

Maybe even Troy Smith -- who knows.
CARLA

Nfl 2006

Post by CARLA »

LT received 44 of the 50 votes for MVP of the NFL. First Charger ever to win it, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer you man. What a talent this kid is. :yh_clap :yh_clap Bravo LT you deserve it.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;505998 wrote: LT received 44 of the 50 votes for First Charger ever to win it, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer you man. What a talent this kid is. :yh_clap :yh_clap Bravo LT you deserve it.

You had to know he would get it in week 14
Adam Zapple

Nfl 2006

Post by Adam Zapple »

Ya certainly can't argue with that pick. However, I'm a little biased. The Chargers would have been good without LT. The Saints on the other hand would have been awful without Brees. So I would have given my homer vote to Drew Brees. But LT is the logical choice. He deserves it and is indeed a quality human being, something that can't be said about all sports figures (see my avatar).
CARLA

Nfl 2006

Post by CARLA »

Of course but you never know. I agree Brees has worked miracles for the Saints, they were both excellent canidates.

Who know we may be playing the Saints in the SuperBowl.. :-6

[QUOTE]You had to know he would get it in week 14[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Mystery

Nfl 2006

Post by Mystery »

Lord, I hope the Saints make it, this year is the best chance they've had in ages.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Adam Zapple;506091 wrote: Ya certainly can't argue with that pick. However, I'm a little biased. The Chargers would have been good without LT. The Saints on the other hand would have been awful without Brees. So I would have given my homer vote to Drew Brees. But LT is the logical choice. He deserves it and is indeed a quality human being, something that can't be said about all sports figures (see my avatar).

He's the best running back in the game today...San Diego may have still been a good team without him, but they wouldn't have near as good of a chance in winning the Superbowl, and their record wouldn't be 14-2...(all my opinion though)
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Mystery;506206 wrote: Lord, I hope the Saints make it, this year is the best chance they've had in ages.

I think the Saints have a great story, not just because of the blood thirsty media and how they dramatize things, but from a fans perspective. It's nice to see them being able to root for their team in the middle of what I know has to be utter chaos. Because my team is out of it, if New Orleans does happen to win the Superbowl, I think I would prefer that over any other team. Although, I'm afraid there are some really good teams in the AFC this year, and that's even counting if they make it past the Bears. New Orleans had a great season, but they have an even tougher road ahead of them. Good Luck.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Chicago has already scored, and have the ball back...

I think Seattle is in for a long day.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Wow, Seattle tied it up 7-7...

I still think Chicago will be too much though.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Oh snap

Next play from scrimmage Chicago throws a bomb for a touchdown.

14-7 Chicago.
Patsy Warnick

Nfl 2006

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I have to hope Seattle wins since I'm from WA

Interesting who you cheer on - when your team is eliminated??

Patsy
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Wow what a game...

Seattle goes up 24-21...Gets an interception with 13 minutes left to play,..and then throws one themselves...

This game could come down to who has the ball last.
K.Snyder

Nfl 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Well Chicago had the ball last. :wah:

They won in overtime on a 50+ yard field goal, 27-24.

Probably the best game I've seen all year from two teams that I weren't rooting for.
CARLA

Nfl 2006

Post by CARLA »

Well the Chargers are out and I'm sad but it was a good year up to this point. :-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Fibonacci

Nfl 2006

Post by Fibonacci »

Who's still in the running? I havent watched football since Romo blew that FG atttempt.:-5
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Mystery

Nfl 2006

Post by Mystery »

CARLA;517075 wrote: Well the Chargers are out and I'm sad but it was a good year up to this point. :-1

They played a good game though Carla, at least I thought so, and I was rooting for them till the very end. Just a few more yards on the FG and the game would have ended differently.

Fibonacci;517085 wrote: Who's still in the running? I havent watched football since Romo blew that FG atttempt.:-5

Championship games next weekend:

NFC: Saints @ Chicago (I really wanted Seattle to win, so the game could've been in the Superdome)

AFC: Patriots @ Colts

Return to “Wide World of Sports”