School flooded with sewage

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky wrote: I thought those puddles were a bit on the deep side this morning!

By breaktime the carpark had flooded up to the handles on the car doors, and all the toiltes overflowed into the corridors leaving bits of sewage...ugh!

So, after getting all the kids home, I've found myself with a half day off!

I hope none of the staff had to drive them! Crikey, what pupils will do to get

off school these days... of is it the results of the Jamie Oliver diet?
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ewww sounds gross, I bet that will take a while to clean up. I can imagine most of the kids delight at having some extra time off school though!!!
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: You should have seen the looks of pure glee on the faces of the staff, haha!

:wah: Haha that's true, must be a relief for the staff as well, especially knowing that you have avoided a lesson with little Tommy the nightmare in the afternoon hehehe.

Do you know if it will it all be cleared out for lessons as usual tommorow??
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I'm guessing that the school board won't be too happy having too fork out money for whatever clean-up is needed and anything else caused as a result. I remember the days of praying that snow or rain would cause school to be closed, but sadly that was as rewarding as asking to win the lottery is! :wah:
cars

Post by cars »

Pinky wrote: Tell me about it! Snow has to be over three feet (I think - correct me if i'm wrong!) before they'll think about shutting the place down.

Actually, I think it might be two feet...:thinking:

Wow, anything to get of of school! I know how you can start a flood, but how do you start a 2 ft Snow Storm?:p :rolleyes: :wah:
Cars :)
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: Tell me about it! Snow has to be over three feet (I think - correct me if i'm wrong!) before they'll think about shutting the place down.

Actually, I think it might be two feet...:thinking:

Well seemingly at our school if the building wasn't on fire, or some other massive hazard warning, then you were to report to school as usual. And you know the worse part of it all. Is that the people who just bunked off school, get less in trouble, that those of us that wanted to leave because of proper valid reasons, such as illness. I mean how the heck is that fair??!! :-5
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Definately, and at least at our school, the measures that teachers took to do something about these trouble makers was little if nothing off laughable. I mean what do they think that half an hour of after school detention is going to achieve?? How this is going to teach these kids a lesson.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: Don't even get me started on that one!

Unfortunately, when you ring some parents up to try and improve the situation, it's blatently obvious that some of them just don't care, and don't want to hear it. You can't blame the kids when that's the example being set to them.

I rang one parent last week to say how much her son had improved, and how well he'd been doing. All I got was 'yeah. alright.' and she hung up!!!

Ah how sad that some parents are like that huh, shame that they seem to have very little interest in their child's education, whether it be good or bad.

So I take it your a teacher Pinky, must say I didn't know that! What year do you teach?
spot

Post by spot »

chrisb84uk wrote: So I take it your a teacher Pinky, must say I didn't know that! What year do you teach?At the rate she's going with days off and shutdowns, 2007 at the earliest.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Post by cars »

Pinky wrote: years 8 - 11

12 to 16 year olds.

Wow pink, I never pictured you for a teacher! :) Them lucky kids!!! ;) :)
Cars :)
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

cars wrote: Wow pink, I never pictured you for a teacher! :) Them lucky kids!!! ;) :)

I'll second that!! I wish I would of have had a teacher like you when I was that age. So I know that Chonsi teaches too, anyone else know someone that teaches also. I did look into teaching, but just don't think it's right for me, even though it must be such a rewarding experience at times.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: Haha, they can't a word in edgeways bless 'em!:D

Hahaha I can't imagine this to be true, well ok.. on second thought. :p

Must be such really fulfilling helping these children with their education I bet. Do you have a good, behaving class??
spot

Post by spot »

Pinky wrote: Is this an adult way of pulling my pigtails or something?:oIf I thought you didn't want me to I wouldn't do it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

cut the cr*P pinky my mate wants to know if you still spank big boys if they are naughty :sneaky:
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

jimbo wrote: cut the cr*P pinky my mate wants to know if you still spank big boys if they are naughty :sneaky:

:yh_rotfl
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: Most of mine are good as gold - they know they can't push it.

I use humour with mine a lot. They don't like misbehaving for someone that they know likes them! Besides, I always do what I say I will.

That's good to hear, most of my teachers used to be so bland and dull, that lessons were never fun. It really must help to have a teacher that actually tries to bring a bit of excitement and fun to the class.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Pinky wrote: Don't go there jimbo.:lips:

not me my mate :o
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

How yuchy for the school, but nice for you, Pinky!
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

will do pinky :wah: :wah: :wah:
spot

Post by spot »

Pinky wrote: As long as I get to pull yours in return, haha!There are very occasional moments, young Pinkster, when I wonder whether you do these things deliberately. As if. Cher, now - butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. She knows what's proper, Cher does.
spot

Post by spot »

Pinky wrote: OH NO!!!! I did it again!:eek:

Me and my freudian slips - I can't seem to stop it!

Did you read what came out of my mouth in Halfords on saturday? OMG, I wanted the ground to open!:-3
I did, and if I ever go shopping with you I'll carry a video camera. There are programs which pay good money for moments like that after the watershed.
spot

Post by spot »

I should get off as well, really.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: I should get off as well, really.

What, so that you can be back posting at 4am?
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Pinky wrote: Well, the rain has eased up, so it looks like we'll be back to normal tomorrow. I'd better go to bed soon!

Oh well back today huh, never mind and I bet everyone was hoping for another day off.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

So how did the day go Pinky? Was it easy to catch up on yesterday's lost time?
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Nah can't see it doing any harm. FG is just so addictive, that even if you have things to do, you can't help but log-on for a bit. Then that becomes an hour, then half a day, and before you know it time for bed hahaha. :wah:

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”