The Bears

Discuss all types of sports.
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

tmbsgrl wrote: They have been kicking ass this year so far!!! I am so excited!!! Today was a great game & so was last weekend! I think they'll go so far this year- Maybe even superbowl!!! Yay!!! I was so happy!!!!

GO BEARS

Rex Grossman has finally had an entire training camp for preparation without being plagued with injury, and upon the way, they actually won with a very young inexperienced quarterback in Kyle Orton last year. I think the Bears should get a lot more credit than everyone is showing them right now. They were sort of ignored last year because of their very poor start that they had in their first 3 games. I believe Kyle Orton threw around 10 interceptions in two games, labeling them a team deserving of a blind eye, but later finished with the divisional title and a spot in the playoffs.

Chicago is definitely in season long contention for Superbowl XLI, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They are favored by many NFL analysts(Whom I shall emphasis were ex-football players themselves) to win the NFC championship this year.

Chicago's defense is the best in the league, and always have been. They have just been continuously overlooked due to their lack of firepower on offense over the past......well.....a long time. They have a running mindset in Chicago and always will. I say this because Chicago is one of the windiest cities in the world, hence having a running mentality as no one likes to throw a football in constant 15 mph winds(Get my drift? :wah: ) -- :yh_eyebro

You have every reason to be enthusiastic....and if it makes you feel any better, I myself believe they are the best team in the NFC right now. ;)

Good luck -- :cool:
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

flopstock wrote: yeah right! I'll believe it when I've seen their shuffle video.:D

:yh_eyebro

Care to make a little wager?? Perhaps a signature wager??

I don't know the sincerity of your skepticism, or even in what aspects of Chicago's game you are unimpressed with, so I am hesitant to offer any suggestions at this time.
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

flopstock wrote: yeah right! I'll believe it when I've seen their shuffle video.:D

BTW --

Who's your favorite team Flop....?

Please forgive me if you have stated it before and I have missed it. ;)
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

flopstock wrote: Well, if you mean football, I'll throw a random dart at the board and go with the steelers of the 70s. :sneaky:

:yh_brokeh

I hate the Steelers more than any other team....

They are our(Cincinnati Bengals) biggest rivalry, and we play them this week....

I hope we win 41 - 0....
Nomad

The Bears

Post by Nomad »

Why do you hurt me this way ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

flopstock wrote: How about those vikings yesterday?:D

Ouch....

Playing against the #1 defense in the NFL never is easy....
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

Chicago has a firm hold on the NFC North as of right now....but I wouldnt count Minnesota out yet....

Minnesota has a relatively weak schedule this year, and upon beating Detroit and Green Bay twice this year, may come down to the last meeting between these two teams again in determining who will be crowned NFC North Champs.

(Psst -- Don't tell Nomad, but my money is on Chicago)
Nomad

The Bears

Post by Nomad »

This thread should be in the compost heap. The bear compost heap. Where all the other poop is.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

The Bears

Post by Nomad »

stop it
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

The Bears

Post by CARLA »

The Bears are back and lookin fine. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

tmbsgrl wrote: Yay- they won again!!!!!!

They had me scared the 1st half but I knew they would come through!!!!

Go BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-0 BABY!!!!

I'm so happy for you tmbsgrl...

at least until superbowl XLI comes around,... then I say....Phoo on you tmbsgrl....:wah:
chonsigirl

The Bears

Post by chonsigirl »

Ravens didn't do too bad either today...............................:)

My son is going to the game next Sunday, he is so excited!
CARLA

The Bears

Post by CARLA »

Chonsigirl I hate the Ravens sorry they make me angry. :-5 Love you though to bad about the Ravens being your home team.:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

chonsigirl

The Bears

Post by chonsigirl »

Tickets are horrid, I am lucky someone had season tickets and offered one for my son.
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

tmbsgrl;445158 wrote: Hehe- I agree with Carla.. I wanted to go to the Bear- Cardinals game but the tickets were 500.00 and up!! So we stayed home and invited a bunch of people from chicago over- got drunk and enjoyed the game!! That is an every sunday thing these days!!!-- When the Bears are playing anyway.

Go CHICAGO---- YOU ROCK!:-4

That's just crazy...

You can get a Bengals ticket for around $70.00...

The middle section is the most and are normally sold out unless you get them a few games early...but even then I think they are only about $300.00.
Nomad

The Bears

Post by Nomad »

tmbsgrl;444762 wrote: THEY KICKED ASS AGAIN TODAY!!!!!

7-0!

GO BEARS!!!!!:-4

Stop that. Its really annoying when you win.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Wolverine

The Bears

Post by Wolverine »

K.Snyder;404905 wrote: :yh_brokeh

I hate the Steelers more than any other team....

They are our(Cincinnati Bengals) biggest rivalry, and we play them this week....

I hope we win 41 - 0....

you should be able to kick the snot out of them.

as far as the BEARS go.... the AZ game was scary. They can't rely on their defense to pull off miracles like that every time the offense stutters, coughs, and dies.

after Miami, the next three games are all away and against some tough damn teams... Giants, Pats, Jets. if they can get past Brady and the Pats with a win i will be damned impressed.

I will say that they have the most impressive defense i have seen since '85. I think they are more impressive than the Tampa D that won the Title, and the Baltimore D.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

Wolverine;445586 wrote: you should be able to kick the snot out of them.

as far as the BEARS go.... the AZ game was scary. They can't rely on their defense to pull off miracles like that every time the offense stutters, coughs, and dies.

after Miami, the next three games are all away and against some tough damn teams... Giants, Pats, Jets. if they can get past Brady and the Pats with a win i will be damned impressed.

I will say that they have the most impressive defense i have seen since '85. I think they are more impressive than the Tampa D that won the Title, and the Baltimore D.

They go mad with that pass rush, and Polamalu is all over the place...I think they set the genre for the new millenium defense...which is practically rushing every down and hope on pass plays that they disrupt the quarterback enough to not be able to take advantage of man on man coverage...Their D either completely shuts Cincy down, or they get beat bad when Carson has enough time in the pocket...I hate them so much I almost root for any team that plays against them as much as I root for Cincy week in and week out...almost.
Wolverine

The Bears

Post by Wolverine »

I'm surprised that Cincy isn't 5-2 or 6-1. it's the same team as last year, have the other defenses been able to adjust already?

K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

Wolverine;445905 wrote: I'm surprised that Cincy isn't 5-2 or 6-1. it's the same team as last year, have the other defenses been able to adjust already?

To be honest, I think the refs screwed up what should have been a Cincy win against Tampa Bay, because the refs called a roughing the passer call when Justin Smith did nothing other than sack the quarterback...The quarterback had the ball and Smith tackled him in which created a fumble that Cincy recovered, which would have sealed the game,..but because of the new emphasis on "protecting the quarterback" it cost the Bengals the game. If you have a chance to see the play, tell me if it was roughing the passer, or just a sack that we see game in and game out. That would have kept Cincy at 5-2...

But as far as the the reference to last years team, Cincys defense has always had gaps, and are normally in the bottom half when it comes to sustaining the run and pass, but last year what helped them alot was getting all of those turnovers...Cincy had a +24 turnover ratio last year which was about 10 higher than the next place(in perspective..each team is normally separated by about +2) That statistic carried over from last year and had recently broke the NFL record for most consecutive games played with at least one turnover forced with 24 which stemmed back to week 7(The only turnover in last weeks game was when Cincy created a fumble upon which a Cincinnati player picked the ball up, but fumbled as well to give the ball back to Atlanta - I still have yet to find out if they ruled that as a forced turnover- which they should, but with these people you never know).

Normally I would be worried, but considering the Steelers are at 2-5, and Baltimore only being 1 1/2 games ahead of Cincy as well as Cincy winning the last three games against Baltimore I am not worried this far in the season.
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

Miami is going to beat the Bears...

I would have never seen that coming.

Sorry Tmbsgirl.

It happens all the time...doesn't mean much...

If anything, this loss will spark their drive again and will probably fuel a strong end of the season...

They'll be in the Playoffs for sure. ;)
zinkyusa

The Bears

Post by zinkyusa »

tmbsgrl;450588 wrote: DAMMIT!!!! I can't not believe they lost to the shitty dolphins!!! O'well They are still 7-1!! You're right K!!! I never seen it coming either- but Miami played with anger today- everyone was talkin' lots of **** about them the past week. They needed to prove themselves.. :rolleyes:

GO BEARS!!!!!!!:-4

To many turnovers. They did it against Arizona bit were still able to win that one. Their luck ran out today though..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
CARLA

The Bears

Post by CARLA »

Not to worry the BEARS are going to be in the playoffs ......;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Wolverine

The Bears

Post by Wolverine »

first the Bears loose, then Hammy leaves me and Nomad for some guy. what else is going to happen today??

chonsigirl

The Bears

Post by chonsigirl »

The Ravens won............................:D
Nomad

The Bears

Post by Nomad »

tmbsgrl;450588 wrote: DAMMIT!!!! I can't not believe they lost to the shitty dolphins!!! O'well They are still 7-1!! You're right K!!! I never seen it coming either- but Miami played with anger today- everyone was talkin' lots of **** about them the past week. They needed to prove themselves..

GO BEARS!!!!!!!:-4

They lost to the Dolphinses :eek:

I like the way that sounds :wah:

Bears lose to Dolphins

Bears lose to Dolphins :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

The Bears

Post by K.Snyder »

This week seen alot of upsets, as well as alot of close scores that everyone would think would have been blow outs...

Detroit beat Atlanta, Miami beat Chicago...

San Fransisco beat the Vikings(I think--trying to remember)

Houston gave the Giants a scare, and Cleveland hung in with San Diego, losing by only 7.

Weird week.
zinkyusa

The Bears

Post by zinkyusa »

chonsigirl;450822 wrote: The Ravens won............................:D

Raven rock;)

so do the Redskins..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
CARLA

The Bears

Post by CARLA »

It was an ugly win, but a win none the less..;) Thanks to LT...:-4

[QUOTE]Cleveland hung in with San Diego, losing by only 7.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Return to “Wide World of Sports”