Men! WHY?

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Rain

Men! WHY?

Post by Rain »

Hubby wakes up around 11:30am (he works nights) and gets dressed and then sits in his chair.... expecting me to cook him breakfast. Then he sits there some more. The phone rings (right beside him) Doesn't answer it. Says he "Can't hear in that phone!" I show him how to turn up the volume... he forgets. Flips thru the channels some more. I say we have to go shopping. I start getting ready. Am Ready. He's not. I start out for the car and I already know that he hasn't locked the doors. I go back and do this.

Night time on a Saturday night. I start to head off to bed. Him too. "Did you lock the doors? Check the windows? Make sure the cat is in the garage and fed?" No. Hands on hips, "WHY? Why is it you don't DO anything. WHY is it you naturally expect me to do all the cooking, cleaning, locking up, feeding of the animals, answering the phone and door? WHY? Why do men think that's ok??"

Looking at me dead in the face he says... "Because we don't care!"

I'm going on strike! :mad:

Thanx for listening.
cherandbuster

Men! WHY?

Post by cherandbuster »

Oh Rain

I totally get it!

Hubby does not walk the dog Buster or clean the cat Rusty's litter box. He will not answer the phone if it is for me (we have caller ID) even if I cannot get to it in time! He will not wash dishes or load the dishwasher. Hasn't done a load of laundry since we married.

Of course he is capable of doing all of these things :rolleyes:

I think he considers it a natural division of labor.

But I love him anyway :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Bez

Men! WHY?

Post by Bez »

My man's exactly like that...after 40 years, enough is enough....which is why I'm striking out on my own. There is other stuff as well, so I guess if you really love someone, you accept what they are. If you work as well, there should be equal repsonsibility in the running of the home.

Some men are 'dinosaurs' and will never change.... luckily my sons are not like this....I trained them well ! :D
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
charity2k4

Men! WHY?

Post by charity2k4 »

:wah: thats soo funny i would have just handed him the newspaper and went to bed :p
Accountable

Men! WHY?

Post by Accountable »

Rain wrote: Hubby wakes up around 11:30am (he works nights) and gets dressed and then sits in his chair.... expecting me to cook him breakfast. Then he sits there some more. The phone rings (right beside him) Doesn't answer it. Says he "Can't hear in that phone!" I show him how to turn up the volume... he forgets. Flips thru the channels some more. I say we have to go shopping. I start getting ready. Am Ready. He's not. I start out for the car and I already know that he hasn't locked the doors. I go back and do this.

Night time on a Saturday night. I start to head off to bed. Him too. "Did you lock the doors? Check the windows? Make sure the cat is in the garage and fed?" No. Hands on hips, "WHY? Why is it you don't DO anything. WHY is it you naturally expect me to do all the cooking, cleaning, locking up, feeding of the animals, answering the phone and door? WHY? Why do men think that's ok??"

Looking at me dead in the face he says... "Because we don't care!"

I'm going on strike! :mad:

Thanx for listening.
Sounds like his name is Mud. I guess you two were made for each other, Rain. :wah:

When you get angry, you can stomp a puddle in him! :yh_rotfl

:yh_youkid I kill me.

Accountable

Men! WHY?

Post by Accountable »

No milk?!? tsk tsk tsk :yh_shame
cherandbuster

Men! WHY?

Post by cherandbuster »

SnoozeControl wrote: I can't see the humor in any of these stories... frankly they p*ss me off.

I should add that my hubby is not a lazy @#$%^&**!! guy.

He works much longer hours and has much more stress in his life than I do.

I posted more for the humor of the thread. He is a full partner; he just takes care of other things in the house and yard. He is always most helpful -- he'll take my car and fill it up with gas, check the tires, get my inspection sticker, etc. He does more of the 'heavy lifting' stuff than I do. We are truly equal in our responsibilities.

Do you actually think I would put up with that kind of crap from a guy? :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Men! WHY?

Post by cherandbuster »

SnoozeControl wrote: Sorry Cher, it's obvious I've got 'issues' on this subject. I didn't see the humor. :o

Snoozie my friend

No need to apologize

I just wanted to clarify what I was saying.

I still think you're wonderful :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men! WHY?

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

sixyearsleft wrote: I dont think women do enough to comfort men, we should have schools dedicated to learning women the sensitive side of man, then they would understand how complex and tendar our emotions really are :)

My old mans a builder - he doesnt have an emotional side ;)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
cherandbuster

Men! WHY?

Post by cherandbuster »

sixyearsleft wrote: I dont think women do enough to comfort men, we should have schools dedicated to learning women the sensitive side of man, then they would understand how complex and tendar our emotions really are :)

Even though this may have been said in jest, there is a grain of truth to it.

Women and men should comfort each other.

It really is an important component of a healthy and supportive relationship.

In my opinion :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Sheryl

Men! WHY?

Post by Sheryl »

My fathernlaw acts the same way. He will not do anything to help my MIL out around the house. He gets pissy if she has an art class or a sorority meeting and is not home to fix his dinner. I do not know how my MIL has tolerated his chauvinist ways all these years.

After David and I were married, he started pulling some of the same crap. So I would just answer his requests with "yes Clyde Jr." Oh that would **** him off and he'd get up and do what ever it was he had wanted me to do for him. :sneaky: Don't get me wrong I do alot around the house being a stay at home mom, but geez I'm your wife not your maid.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
ZAP

Men! WHY?

Post by ZAP »

Yeah, Rain, I can relate to that. I think it's a conspiracy to drive all women mad.

I divorced my Mister 2 years ago because I was tired of being considered breadwinner, maid, cook, gardener, electrician & plumber, decorator and 10- second concubine. The job had no perks. No pay raises in sight.

So I just got back from a 2 week visit to the Ex-Mister, to get out of the heat of California. What do you think I found? A two-year build up of dirt, a pantry filled with 30 cans of chili, 20 cans of pork & beans, many, many cream- style corn. All my spices were exactly as I had left them. All my flowers and plants were dead. I wanted to watch a DVD, so I hooked up the brand new player that he had won in my football contest 2 1/2 years before and had never taken out of the box. His one decorating touch that endeared him to me even more was to stand his shotgun in the corner of the powder room. (I guess so the user could shoot any intruder.)

But the real kicker was his question after I drove for 16 hours straight, dodging deer and elk for the last 100 miles, lugging my suitcase in, sitting for 5 minutes and chatting, then he says, "Are you tired?" I say, "A little." He says, "Are you TOO tired?";)

:-5
cherandbuster

Men! WHY?

Post by cherandbuster »

Zapata wrote: 10- second concubine.:-5

Zapata

That was such a good story

I'm sorry that it was your life.

But I'm glad you are out of it.

The 'concubine' line really cracked me up :D
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

Men! WHY?

Post by minks »

OMG you all described my father.... :(
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
pina

Men! WHY?

Post by pina »

A friend of mine had trouble getting her hubby to do anything around the house, so because they both work she went on strike.

I went around to visit and the place was a tip she just laughed and told me what she was up to.

After about a month of living in this mess never having any clean clothes or clean dishes he said he would pay for a cleaner to come in everyday.

She accepted. :wah:

Sheryl

Men! WHY?

Post by Sheryl »

The only thing that really bugs me is when I ask Dave what he wants for dinner and I get whatever or I don't care. :-5

my son
Betty Boop

Men! WHY?

Post by Betty Boop »

Sheryl wrote: The only thing that really bugs me is when I ask Dave what he wants for dinner and I get whatever or I don't care. :-5

Then when you put something in front of them they say, not this again! :rolleyes:
Sheryl

Men! WHY?

Post by Sheryl »

:wah: so true Betty.

my son
puppgirl

Men! WHY?

Post by puppgirl »

last june went i went to italy for a month we stayed at my aunt and uncles and my sisters and i cleaned up the dishes after we all ate. my uncle is a chauvanistic pig and i got fed up with it b/c it for him was only 2 steps to the dishwasher he would just get up and go back to his office so i'd yell at my uncle and run up to my room he hated that lol but i wouldn't put up with it
BabyRider

Men! WHY?

Post by BabyRider »

sixyearsleft wrote: I dont think women do enough to comfort men, we should have schools dedicated to learning women the sensitive side of man, then they would understand how complex and tendar our emotions really are
I think that you will be a single person for a VERY long time.

Snooze, I totally get where you're coming from, these stories ticked me off as well. My husband works (worked) a very stressful job. So did I. His stress was different, but certainly no less. Funny, though, he still had no problem doing dishes, cooking, doing ALL the laundry when I didn't have time to get to it, making the beds, doing whatever needed doing. If there was something that needed to be done, whoever got to it first did it. There was none of these "appointed" chores. I think any man that thinks his wife is there to do the menial household tasks and that he is exempt from them, isn't much of a husband. And six, how about a school for men to learn to get up off their lazy asses and do for themselves once in a while? I'd volunteer as a teacher for that place. What a stupid thing to say! :mad: :-5 :mad: :-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

OpenMind

Men! WHY?

Post by OpenMind »

These stories have ticked me off too. Sure, every couple to their own arrangements - whatever makes their partnership work. But that's what a marriage is supposed to be - a partnership, and an equal one at that, based on love for each other. The art of husbandry is not one to be undertaken in the armchair.:mad:
Nomad

Men! WHY?

Post by Nomad »

Ive got a friend who didnt leave his parents house till he was 40. And only then because he got married. I wonder if he calls her mommy at home. My parents had all the kids learned in cooking, laundry etc by the time we were 10. I would hate to have someone waiting on me. I can do for myself thanks.
I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

Men! WHY?

Post by BabyRider »

The comments by OM and Nomad have renewed my faith that there are still normal, intelligent men out there. Your wives ae lucky ladies, guys! OM, you are married aren't you?

Hey, Nomad...I have worked in the service industry all my adult life, mostly, so I know where you're coming from being uncomfortable being waited on. Whenever Bullet cooks me dinner and serves me, it feels really strange. Can't wait for it again!!! :yh_bigsmi :-4
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Rain

Men! WHY?

Post by Rain »

I would hate to have someone waiting on me. I can do for myself thanks.

I LOVE Nomad!! ;)

Actually my husband does do a few things around the house, and I'm greatful for that. I have a friend who's husband has a BOLD line between "what is men's work and women's work and you'd better stick to that!"

Is it true that "men don't care"? They really don't worry about groceries being left in the car? Cat poo on the floor? 50 cans of beans and creamed corn in the pantry? Dirty, wrinkled clothes all over the floor? No TP and so "I can't crap!"? That just seems in-human to me.

Well, at least I know now. Men and women are just wired differently. Opposites attract. Such is life. :rolleyes:
Bez

Men! WHY?

Post by Bez »

Clancy wrote: At age10. I had to get my younger brother ready for school. (Go by bus) As both parents worked.. After school return home, I had house keys . Start fire in grate if weather was cold.

Through the years I learned how to cook breakfasts, and dinners. I can clean, vac, etc, I refuse to live in sh*t, or go hungry. Most of my mates could do the same. Anyone who can't do any of these, is just a lazy bastard, because none of it requires any degree of skill. It's a basic requirement, so anyone who cant feed themselves if they're hungry, or know where to get TP to clean their own arse has a major problem.

If cooking a meal is woman's work, why are all top chef's male? I wouldn't live with a person who hadn't the basic ideas of how to keep a house/area clean, or sit there in need to use the bathroom because they couldn't find TP I'd hand them a box of confetti and tell the lazy bastard to improvise just to see the look on their face.

Re: "Is it true that "men don't care"? I'm 100% hetro male, and forgive me for saying this, but your friend has accepted the way he is. If he went into the forces (military) they would knock that out of him. I just find it incredible that with every couple having to work to have anything approaching a life, that a few can't fend for themselves. I could say more like, was your friends partner at his mothers t*t till he was twenty? did she wipe his arse for him?? Your friend doesn't need to wake herself up. She needs to wake him up, or she' will be carrying him for the rest of her life.

Making something to eat isn't an art form, nor is cleaning up after yourself.

Q : Does she (your friend) want to be burdened with everything around the house till she's old and grey?

Q. What would happen (God forbid) If your friend was taken ill, would the lazy bastard go back to his mother??

Dear Clancy ....if only every male had your attitude, every woman would be happy.

:-4

There is of course a flip side to this....there are women who like the role of 'housewife', who have never been to work since they married and are content that way......

My sons were 'trained' to be independent......hope their partners appreciate that.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men! WHY?

Clancy wrote: At age10. I had to get my younger brother ready for school. (Go by bus) As both parents worked.. After school return home, I had house keys . Start fire in grate if weather was cold.

Through the years I learned how to cook breakfasts, and dinners. I can clean, vac, etc, I refuse to live in sh*t, or go hungry. Most of my mates could do the same. Anyone who can't do any of these, is just a lazy bastard, because none of it requires any degree of skill. It's a basic requirement, so anyone who cant feed themselves if they're hungry, or know where to get TP to clean their own arse has a major problem.

If cooking a meal is woman's work, why are all top chef's male? I wouldn't live with a person who hadn't the basic ideas of how to keep a house/area clean, or sit there in need to use the bathroom because they couldn't find TP I'd hand them a box of confetti and tell the lazy bastard to improvise just to see the look on their face.

Re: "Is it true that "men don't care"? I'm 100% hetro male, and forgive me for saying this, but your friend has accepted the way he is. If he went into the forces (military) they would knock that out of him. I just find it incredible that with every couple having to work to have anything approaching a life, that a few can't fend for themselves. I could say more like, was your friends partner at his mothers t*t till he was twenty? did she wipe his arse for him?? Your friend doesn't need to wake herself up. She needs to wake him up, or she' will be carrying him for the rest of her life.

Making something to eat isn't an art form, nor is cleaning up after yourself.

Q : Does she (your friend) want to be burdened with everything around the house till she's old and grey?

Q. What would happen (God forbid) If your friend was taken ill, would the lazy bastard go back to his mother??

I wanna marry Clancy:-4 ;)

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men! WHY?

Pinky wrote: :D :D :D

This is what I didn't understand...mine was fine until we got married!

I have to remind him every now and again about things; for instance this morning he came and told me he couldn't find the bread. I told him that's because we don't have any due to him leaving it out yesterday and getting covered in flies. Shame!:D

And the fact that that he was rooting around for some underwear...I asked him if he would mind hanging the washing on the clothes horse, but he forgot again. Pity, huh?

Bearing in mind I do just about everything else, it's not unreasonable is it?

MEN , Mine is a total cave man and proud of it .When hes feeling brave he calls me the Pit bull and the sprog the pup .

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men! WHY?

Pinky wrote: :D Hehe, I like it!!!!

We have several names for each other, depending on how much we're getting on each other's nerves!

For incidents like the bogroll, he's Retard (non-PC, I know) and I'm usually bitchbag.:o

Hun in my house thats pretty tame our insults start with C**and end with C***and every other insult you can think off - it is all taken in jest,we never mean it its just like a game he likes to think hes an old fashioned cave man but when i go into one he scarpers down to the garage - big brave man that he is - NOT

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men! WHY?

sixyearsleft wrote: I've never been single :-6

You just cant keep that vile mouth shut can you, nevermind nasty PM's, you still continue to post crap on the board, times have changed now, it's a generation thing i suppose,

men should be caring and sharing, no excuse to be otherwise, it depends on what women will allow, why do women love the bad boys so much?

Six - that was really out of line cant you just ignore people you dont agree with . Why make enemies .

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Men! WHY?

sixyearsleft wrote: She is out of line, tell her to stop this crap
What crap

Peg

Men! WHY?

Post by Peg »

I had friends that when they came to our house for dinner, not only did she fix plates for her two toddlers, but for her husband too. She'd be trying to eat, and help the kids, and he'd ask her to salt and pepper his food although the salt and pepper were right in front of him and she'd do it! I finally stopped inviting them over because I'd tell him, you are in MY house and in MY house you will act like a big boy and fix your own damn plate. I still don't understand why she would do it.

I was lucky. Hubby always got up with the kids when they were babies. Until recently he always helped with laundry, etc. I don't know what's going on any more. I have to leave notes that something needs done and then it may or may not get done. He still does most of the shopping for which I am grateful. When we worked opposite shifts, I'd come home to a hot meal already prepared. Darn I miss the days of working opposite shifts! :wah: I do more cleaning etc. in the time between getting out of bed and going to work than he does around here in a week. It's frustrating as hell sometimes given my medical problems, but I also realize I am one lucky woman that he use to help so much and still will sometimes. We both work so it is only fair that he helps around here.
Peg

Men! WHY?

Post by Peg »

That could work both ways you know.
Betty Boop

Men! WHY?

Post by Betty Boop »

My ex would do things around the house, he certainly didn't expect to waited on, but he would also remember at the end of each day exactly what he had done so the conversation in bed would go a bit like this,

Any chance tonight............... I've loaded the dishwasher, made you a coffee, watched the kids etc etc etc :rolleyes:
Betty Boop

Men! WHY?

Post by Betty Boop »

SnoozeControl wrote: I thought I was the only one that had to hear that crap. Turned me right off. :rolleyes:

Nope you weren't the only one, I heard it every night, marvellous exchange rate in his head, a day of looking after his own kids meant he was entitled to a BJ - go figure! :confused:

His next best idea of foreplay was a blue movie :rolleyes:

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”